PDA

View Full Version : Live Like You Were Dying

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 08:14 PM
At another site, someone that I hold in high esteem sent me this regarding my nephew's recovery from a second brain surgery. I found it comforting. Enough so that I've sent it to my nephew and brother. Last Friday my nephew, Jay for the second time had his skull opened and surgery performed. The last time he lost so much, but lived and we were so grateful. Yesterday he walked a mile, it took him nearly an hour, but that seems so little time.

This second time, well it was sort of expected, though not nearly so soon. Then Jay complicated it all, wanting to wait so that he could qualify for long term disability. The doctors conditionally agreed, Friday it was done. :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mHaFMqde6A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mHaFMqde6A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry to post to my post, but listening again for the third time, well Jay today is 25, not close to his 40's. His first surgery was at 24. He got married 3 weeks after that first surgery.

He graduated at the top of his university class, though he'd struggled with learning disabilities in grammar school. The neurologists now agree, that those problems were probably caused by the tumor, likely there since birth. How he keeps such a positive outlook? I stand in awe. His response to me, 'What else am I supposed to do?'

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 12:25 AM
God Bless your nephew, Jay, and all of us wish his speedy and complete recovery!!!!!!!!! One so young certainly doesn't need that kind of trauma in his life. My prayers are with him and for him. You, too, kitty!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 11:11 PM
I know this has been here for a while now, kitty, without attention. I hope you're doing OK. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with, OK?

:salute: