PDA

View Full Version : City Democrats To Attend McCain Fund-Raiser

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Get 'em where you find 'em, cowboy!!!!!!!!!!! This is truly an interesting development!!!!!!!!

City Democrats To Attend McCain Open House

Election 2008

By MARK GIANNOTTO, Special to the Sun | July 29, 2008

With recent polls showing a growing gap between Senator McCain and the surging Democratic rival, Senator Obama, the presumptive Republican nominee is looking for additional support from an unlikely source: New York City Democrats.

The McCain campaign will hold an open house at a Brooklyn Heights home today specifically for Democrats who want to vote Republican, as part of its efforts to advertise Mr. McCain's bipartisan appeal.

The event will be held at the home of the former chairwoman of Environmentalists for Clinton-Gore 1992, Roberta Weisbrod, a Democrat who is now supporting Mr. McCain.

"Almost everybody I know doesn't feel the way I do," Ms. Weisbrod said, adding that her neighborhood leans predominantly to the left. The Arizona senator "always seems to take principled positions on a lot of issues."

More: http://www.nysun.com/new-york/city-democrats-to-attend-mccain-fund-raiser/82806/

I think it's a damned smart move for Johnny come marching home McCain. He shows a lot of class with this decision to visit disgruntled Democrats. I wish him all the best!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 12:43 AM
now this is interesting, and smart

Get 'em where you find 'em, cowboy!!!!!!!!!!! This is truly an interesting development!!!!!!!!

City Democrats To Attend McCain Open House

Election 2008

By MARK GIANNOTTO, Special to the Sun | July 29, 2008

With recent polls showing a growing gap between Senator McCain and the surging Democratic rival, Senator Obama, the presumptive Republican nominee is looking for additional support from an unlikely source: New York City Democrats.

The McCain campaign will hold an open house at a Brooklyn Heights home today specifically for Democrats who want to vote Republican, as part of its efforts to advertise Mr. McCain's bipartisan appeal.

The event will be held at the home of the former chairwoman of Environmentalists for Clinton-Gore 1992, Roberta Weisbrod, a Democrat who is now supporting Mr. McCain.

"Almost everybody I know doesn't feel the way I do," Ms. Weisbrod said, adding that her neighborhood leans predominantly to the left. The Arizona senator "always seems to take principled positions on a lot of issues."

More: http://www.nysun.com/new-york/city-democrats-to-attend-mccain-fund-raiser/82806/

I think it's a damned smart move for Johnny come marching home McCain. He shows a lot of class with this decision to visit disgruntled Democrats. I wish him all the best!!!

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 01:08 AM
That's what I think!!!!!!!!!!

now this is interesting, and smart

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 01:11 AM
exactly, people should really be issue by issue people first

im not saying they cant identify with a party

but, if we can be friends with people of differents genders, faiths, and races, why couldnt we work with them, when we agree, simply because the issue, doesnt conform to party lines?

That's what I think!!!!!!!!!!

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2008, 05:37 AM
With recent polls showing a growing gap between Senator McCain and the surging Democratic rival, Senator Obama

I presume the author isn't referring to the recent Gallup poll which puts McCain UP over Obama among likely voters?........

07-30-2008, 12:55 PM
I think this is a pretty bad sign for Obama.