PDA

View Full Version : Indictment Opens Up GOP Race for Senate, pollsters say

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Does the GOP have anyone ready to run? Will the seat even remain in GOP control? Are the citizens of Alaska going to revolt?

"Today's indictment of U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens throws the Republican primary for the Senate race wide open, Alaska pollsters say.

Ted's prospects for winning the primary, they obviously just went up in smoke," said Anchorage pollster Marc Hellenthal. "It kind of opens up the Republican primary."

Hellenthal said developer David Cuddy would be the odds-on favorite for the Republican nomination but has run a lackluster campaign so far. He said the wild card is Alaska political newcomer Vic Vickers, owner of a Florida-based maritime company, who plans to spend $750,000 of his own money on winning the primary.

"If a guy is going to spend $750,000, you can't ignore him, and it's not like Dave (Cuddy) is a household name," Hellenthal said.............."

More: http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/478592.html

This is working out to be one helluva election year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Politicians are to corruption as peanut butter it to jelly

I think its sad, politiicians are scummy

the whole lot of them

basterds :slap:

you serve US, you arrogant pricks :poke:

Does the GOP have anyone ready to run? Will the seat even remain in GOP control? Are the citizens of Alaska going to revolt?

"Today's indictment of U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens throws the Republican primary for the Senate race wide open, Alaska pollsters say.

Ted's prospects for winning the primary, they obviously just went up in smoke," said Anchorage pollster Marc Hellenthal. "It kind of opens up the Republican primary."

Hellenthal said developer David Cuddy would be the odds-on favorite for the Republican nomination but has run a lackluster campaign so far. He said the wild card is Alaska political newcomer Vic Vickers, owner of a Florida-based maritime company, who plans to spend $750,000 of his own money on winning the primary.

"If a guy is going to spend $750,000, you can't ignore him, and it's not like Dave (Cuddy) is a household name," Hellenthal said.............."

More: http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/478592.html

This is working out to be one helluva election year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 12:49 AM
'Zactly!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Sometimes it seems, some people play this game of gotcha instead of just having the balls to say.

yeah, we fucked up sorry

and the other side instead of saying gotcha saying, we shouldnt throw stones, we'll break our glass house

'Zactly!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Ted Stevens is and has been a crook for many years now, marteen. It has finally caught up with him.

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 01:08 AM
good, let him rot in jail

i dont like corrupt politicians

politicians are like cock roaches, they do all their work in secret, and when the light is shown on them they run and hide

Ted Stevens is and has been a crook for many years now, marteen. It has finally caught up with him.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Good ones don't. Jerks like Ted Stevens are all over the place though. It's time good Americans start taking them to task for their misdeeds!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Your exactly right, americans could unite for change, getting rid of corrupt politicians.

:)

I like it

I believe a man who can comprimise is a braver man then a man who wont budge an inch

but thats just my opinion

I mean i have my beliefs, but comprimise solves problems.

not hardliners

Good ones don't. Jerks like Ted Stevens are all over the place though. It's time good Americans start taking them to task for their misdeeds!!!!!!!

07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
not my concern. Id like to see the GOP win, but only if they've got a good conservative. Otherwise whats the point?

be nice to see the GOP retain the seat. but everything has consequences.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Let's hope that the truth prevails, a'21.

not my concern. Id like to see the GOP win, but only if they've got a good conservative. Otherwise whats the point?

be nice to see the GOP retain the seat. but everything has consequences.

stephanie
07-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Hopefully, we'll see Waxman indicted here soon..

So it will even things up a bit.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Just what has Waxman got to do with any of this, stevie? Are you accusing him of something? Will you share your enormous investigative knowledge with us or were you just kidding as per usual?

Hopefully, we'll see Waxman indicted here soon..

So it will even things up a bit.

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

stephanie
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Just what has Waxman got to do with any of this, stevie? Are you accusing him of something? Will you share your enormous investigative knowledge with us or were you just kidding as per usual?

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

My misspoke...I meant Wexler..:slap:

stephanie
07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
I was just thinking....how friggen sad is it, that we are sitting here wondering how many congresscritters from both the Republican and Democrats are going to be indicted this month.......

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Stevens is all I know about, stevie. Is Wexler in trouble? Really, I don't know?!?!??!??!??! I would be surprised if he is. I've met the man and he seems really really straight up to me!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 10:50 PM
yeah, i think its a gentlemens agreement to keep out other parties, and other ideas.

and to keep us divided, into two extremes, the left side and ride side of the room yelling at each other, when their things we agree on, that we should be focusing on what we agree on. instead of the symbolic victory of talking over people :coffee:

I was just thinking....how friggen sad is it, that we are sitting here wondering how many congresscritters from both the Republican and Democrats are going to be indicted this month.......

stephanie
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
yeah, i think its a gentlemens agreement to keep out other parties, and other ideas.

and to keep us divided, into two extremes, the left side and ride side of the room yelling at each other, when their things we agree on, that we should be focusing on what we agree on. instead of the symbolic victory of talking over people :coffee:

Ah??? what??

we are talking of people being indicted for crimes..

Okey dokey..:cool:

stephanie
07-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Stevens is all I know about, stevie. Is Wexler in trouble? Really, I don't know?!?!??!??!??! I would be surprised if he is. I've met the man and he seems really really straight up to me!!!!!!!!!

He should be indicted..I posted this yesterday..read the comments with this article..It's been going on all week..
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opi...,3603536.story

glockmail
07-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Stevens should switch parties. Then the Democrats will defend him, the minority GOP can't touch him, and he can keep his seat.

Psychoblues
07-31-2008, 01:15 AM
What a silly thing to say, gm. I had you figured for a smarter person than that!!!!!!!

Stevens should switch parties. Then the Democrats will defend him, the minority GOP can't touch him, and he can keep his seat.

Hit it Randy, On The Other Hand: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Bullshit? Do you think it is bullshit, gm? Why don't you discuss it with intelligence here on the board instead of abusing your sillyass neg rep privileges? Seriously, cowgirl?!?!?!?!?! You have problems that even I can't address!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to it, Randy, On The Other Hand: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

glockmail
08-03-2008, 08:58 PM
What a silly thing to say, gm. I had you figured for a smarter person than that!!!!!!!
.... Three words for you: William Jefferson Clinton (D La).

retiredman
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Three words for you: William Jefferson Clinton (D La).

I believe that William Jefferson Clinton is a democrat from Arkansas now living in New York. I guess PB figured you for a bit more intelligence than you actually have.;)

retiredman
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
ol' glockmail has been viewing this thread for ten solid minutes. He just can't QUITE bring himself to admit that he stepped on his dick. LOL

Psychoblues
08-04-2008, 04:07 AM
gm has been known to blow out of his ass on any number of subjects, mfm. This is no exception.

ol' glockmail has been viewing this thread for ten solid minutes. He just can't QUITE bring himself to admit that he stepped on his dick. LOL

William Jefferson Clinton, (D) LA. I never knew about him?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!

glockmail
08-04-2008, 08:35 AM
gm has been known to blow out of his ass on any number of subjects, mfm. This is no exception.

William Jefferson Clinton, (D) LA. I never knew about him?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!
:lol: Looks like MFM is stalking again. What a homo. No wonder I’ve had him on ignore for the last few months.

I stand corrected. William Jefferson, Democrat, Louisiana. William Jefferson Clinton, Democrat, ex-president. Both crooks, both defended by their party faithful in spite of their obvious corruption. Easy to get confused.

Psychoblues
08-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Self correction excepted, you're still a genuine piece of shit in my book, gm.

:lol: Looks like MFM is stalking again. What a homo. No wonder I’ve had him on ignore for the last few months.

I stand corrected. William Jefferson, Democrat, Louisiana. William Jefferson Clinton, Democrat, ex-president. Both crooks, both defended by their party faithful in spite of their obvious corruption. Easy to get confused.

Did I say "self correction"? I meant publicly corrected!!!!!!!! Silly me!!!!!!

glockmail
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Self correction excepted, you're still a genuine piece of shit in my book, gm.

Did I say "self correction"? I meant publicly corrected!!!!!!!! Silly me!!!!!! Yeah whatever. Now back to the point.

retiredman
08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah whatever. Now back to the point.

he is damaged goods. we won't touch him. he's goin' down and that will be one more on the way to 60

Psychoblues
08-06-2008, 01:34 AM
"Zactly, mfm, zactly!!!!!!!!!!! And gm is still the fuckin' idiot that he entered this conversation as!!!!!!!!!!!

glockmail
08-06-2008, 07:28 AM
"Zactly, mfm, zactly!!!!!!!!!!! And gm is still the fuckin' idiot that he entered this conversation as!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you two should get a room. Or maybe share a toilet stall for a while. :laugh2: