PDA

View Full Version : GOP chairman calls for a statewide voter fraud investigation

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,They're scared of the you know, urban types,,,,,,,,,,Sheeeesh

Source: The Daily Press (Newport News, VA)

Virginia Republican Party Chairman Jeff Frederick said Monday that incidents in Hampton and Richmond led the party to fear "coordinated and widespread" statewide voter registration fraud.

Frederick called on Gov. Timothy M. Kaine and Attorney General Bob McDonnell to launch a statewide investigation, citing last week's arrest of three canvassers in Hampton as evidence that people who were not eligible to vote were being signed up by a national nonprofit organization, the Community Voters Project.

Spokesmen for Kaine, a Democrat, and McDonnell, a Republican, said the matter was appropriately in the hands of the Hampton's commonwealth's attorney.

Frederick said there had been 18 "incidents" of voter fraud in Richmond, although he provided specifics about just one case, in which a Richmond resident said she received a call from the city registrar asking if she had submitted a new voter registration card with a new address.............

More: http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/dp-local_vagop_0729jul29,0,2827365.story

This is gonna be GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for more upcoming fearmongering!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 12:43 AM
voter fraud is no laughing matter, so i dont get the fear mongering charge

too much dam mongering these days

fear anger eat mongering sheesh

Shhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,They're scared of the you know, urban types,,,,,,,,,,Sheeeesh

Source: The Daily Press (Newport News, VA)

Virginia Republican Party Chairman Jeff Frederick said Monday that incidents in Hampton and Richmond led the party to fear "coordinated and widespread" statewide voter registration fraud.

Frederick called on Gov. Timothy M. Kaine and Attorney General Bob McDonnell to launch a statewide investigation, citing last week's arrest of three canvassers in Hampton as evidence that people who were not eligible to vote were being signed up by a national nonprofit organization, the Community Voters Project.

Spokesmen for Kaine, a Democrat, and McDonnell, a Republican, said the matter was appropriately in the hands of the Hampton's commonwealth's attorney.

Frederick said there had been 18 "incidents" of voter fraud in Richmond, although he provided specifics about just one case, in which a Richmond resident said she received a call from the city registrar asking if she had submitted a new voter registration card with a new address.............

More: http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/dp-local_vagop_0729jul29,0,2827365.story

This is gonna be GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for more upcoming fearmongering!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
07-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Actually, to be honest, VAs voting laws are pretty good, when it comes down to it. You don't even declare a party, and you can vote however you want, so if people are getting registered illegally, then yeah, that needs to be looked into. There are only two requirements in VA to vote, really:

1. You have to live here (proof of address)

2. You have to be the person you're registering (proof of identity)

I mean, seriously, it doesn't get much simpler than that.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 12:56 AM
The GOP is certainly pushing the fear buttons in Virginia on this issue, marteen. Did you read the article? It requires just a little thinking especially since there is a definite history behind this sort of thing. There is no one on earth that holds voting rights more sacrosanct than me, marteen. Remember, I live in Mississippi.

Silver
08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
The GOP is certainly pushing the fear buttons in Virginia on this issue, marteen. Did you read the article? It requires just a little thinking especially since there is a definite history behind this sort of thing. There is no one on earth that holds voting rights more sacrosanct than me, marteen. Remember, I live in Mississippi.

You're all for voting rights and, I assume, a fair election....so whats the freekin' problem ? If it was Dims asking for an investigation you'd be all for it....
when its Repub's asking for an investigation, its fear mongering....

Maybe you're just an asshole, is that it ?

Psychoblues
08-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Yep, I'm just an asshole. That's it, sliver.

You're all for voting rights and, I assume, a fair election....so whats the freekin' problem ? If it was Dims asking for an investigation you'd be all for it....
when its Repub's asking for an investigation, its fear mongering....

Maybe you're just an asshole, is that it ?

You don't know me well, do you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?