PDA

View Full Version : Ambassador says no-fly list won't hurt Canada-U.S. relations

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 11:12 PM
US cold shoulder for Canada? Noooooooooo.

DAINA LAWRENCE

The Canadian Press

July 27, 2008 at 1:46 PM EDT

OTTAWA — Canada need not fear a diplomatic cold shoulder from its southern neighbour should it repatriate a Canadian once labelled an al-Qaeda operative whose name appears on the U.S. no-fly list, suggests U.S. Ambassador David Wilkins.

In an interview with The Canadian Press, the ambassador suggested that the U.S. would not view as an affront Canada bringing home anyone red-flagged by the Americans.

“Canada and the U.S. enjoy a very good, respectful relationship, two sovereign nations that have to respect each others' rules and processes,” Mr. Wilkins said.

“Sometimes they differ, but always we are respectful of each other. “Whatever the scenario, I would suggest to you that that would continue.”...........

More: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080727.wwilkins0727/BNStory/International/home

I thought we were just cool with Canada?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I have a good canadian friend and all i have to say is, can we please be nice to canada

US cold shoulder for Canada? Noooooooooo.

DAINA LAWRENCE

The Canadian Press

July 27, 2008 at 1:46 PM EDT

OTTAWA — Canada need not fear a diplomatic cold shoulder from its southern neighbour should it repatriate a Canadian once labelled an al-Qaeda operative whose name appears on the U.S. no-fly list, suggests U.S. Ambassador David Wilkins.

In an interview with The Canadian Press, the ambassador suggested that the U.S. would not view as an affront Canada bringing home anyone red-flagged by the Americans.

“Canada and the U.S. enjoy a very good, respectful relationship, two sovereign nations that have to respect each others' rules and processes,” Mr. Wilkins said.

“Sometimes they differ, but always we are respectful of each other. “Whatever the scenario, I would suggest to you that that would continue.”...........

More: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080727.wwilkins0727/BNStory/International/home

I thought we were just cool with Canada?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Baffling, ain't it? Canada has been very good to the US for a couple hundred years now.

I have a good canadian friend and all i have to say is, can we please be nice to canada

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 12:58 AM
yeah, sometimes. Because of having known and trying to re-kindle a friendship with my scottish friend who is adamently liberal, and he reminds me how obnoxious it is to run around like a 5 year old child saying, hehe im better then you

I love my country, but sometimes were just a wee bit arrogant

Im not saying let people walk on us, but we dont have to be so full ourselves all the time, with this were the best were the best were the best.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slap:

Baffling, ain't it? Canada has been very good to the US for a couple hundred years now.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 01:14 AM
The best never let it show, marteen. Think about it.

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 01:17 AM
exactly, they let their actions speak for them, not their mouths

excellent point my friend

and i do think their is a difference between a constructive criticism of one's country and saying, my country is evil

I think americans must be free to criticize but i believe they should NOT denigrate their country, but try to improve what they dont like while focusing on what is great about it, rather then obsessing about what is wrong with it

i.m.h.o.

Cause some act like you either have to love your country and never say anything, or you have to constantly berate it, that wouldnt work in any relationship, i dont know how it could work for one's country

The best never let it show, marteen. Think about it.

Good night noble patriot

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 08:49 PM
You are correct, marteen. Neither are appreciated.

Yurt
07-30-2008, 09:29 PM
don't let politics spoil the canadian/american relationship when it comes to the peeps... i stole one of their natural wonders and married her.... trust me, most canadians think the US a big dumb bully, but they love us as neighbors....and hey, canadians don't hate....eh

most tend to ignore politics, canadians are awesome

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Are you saying that Canadians are an American national treasure, yuk? Huh, huh, are you saying that? Are you? Are you?

don't let politics spoil the canadian/american relationship when it comes to the peeps... i stole one of their natural wonders and married her.... trust me, most canadians think the US a big dumb bully, but they love us as neighbors....and hey, canadians don't hate....eh

most tend to ignore politics, canadians are awesome

Congrats on the canuck bride, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2: