PDA

View Full Version : Wexler speaks up on residency

stephanie
07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
anyone been following this one??

y U.S. Rep. Robert Wexler

In case you missed the recent media frenzy, my Republican opponent and Fox News conservative Bill O'Reilly have questioned my commitment to Florida and my qualifications to represent my district in Congress. Let me set the record straight.

I'm a proud Floridian. Florida is an inseparable part of who I am. I moved here when I was 10. I grew up here, went to Florida public schools, married a beautiful Florida girl, graduated from the University of Florida, and have worked my whole professional life in Florida. After six years in the Florida Senate, I was elected to Congress to represent my constituents in Washington.

During my first year in Congress, my family lived in our Florida home and I attempted to commute between Washington and Florida. It quickly became apparent to me that by being a "weekend father," I was missing out on the bulk of my young children's lives. My wife, Laurie, and I purchased property in Maryland so our family could be together, and I established my residency at my in-laws' home in Delray Beach.

read it all and comments.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/sfl-19forum29sbjul30,0,3603536.story

hjmick
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I've heard bits here and there. Smells a bit fishy to me.

07-30-2008, 12:51 PM
He doesnt live in Florida, I dont see how he can represent the citizens of Florida.

Little-Acorn
07-30-2008, 02:11 PM
He doesnt live in Florida, I dont see how he can represent the citizens of Florida.

He's just a Representative.

New York elected a SENATOR who had never lived there, and had barely ever set foot in the state! And who has basically done nothing at all since then, except try to change jobs.

Sounds like Floriduh is way ahead.