PDA

View Full Version : California to possibily sue bottle water facility

MtnBiker
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
CA. AG Cracks Down On Nestle Bottling Plant
SACRAMENTO (AP) ― Attorney General Jerry Brown on Tuesday said he will sue to block a proposed water-bottling operation in Northern California unless its effects on global warming are evaluated.

Nestle Waters North America wants to pump about 200 million gallons of water a year from three natural springs that supply McCloud, about 280 miles north of San Francisco. Brown's office said that's enough to fill 3.1 billion 8-ounce plastic water bottles.

The water would be bottled at a 350,000-square-foot facility on the outskirts of the former lumber town.

He said the company will conduct environmental studies over the next two or three years. Afterward, Siskiyou County will prepare a new environmental impact report for the project............

He said it failed to include an examination of whether the operation will contribute to global warming through the production of plastic bottles, the operation's electrical demands and the diesel soot and greenhouse gas emissions produced by trucks traveling to and from the plant.

"It takes massive quantities of oil to produce plastic water bottles and to ship them in diesel trucks across the United States," Brown said in a statement. "Nestle will face swift legal challenge if it does not fully evaluate the environmental impact of diverting millions of gallons of spring water from the McCloud River into billions of plastic water bottles."

Link (http://cbs13.com/local/nestle.bottling.plant.2.782999.html)

So here is the question, how many of Coke and Pepsi soft drink bottling plants will be targeted for lawsuits?

Mr. P
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Link (http://cbs13.com/local/nestle.bottling.plant.2.782999.html)

So here is the question, how many of Coke and Pepsi soft drink bottling plants will be targeted for lawsuits?

Let the IDIOT run the state economy into the ground, the folks that elected this dumb ass deserve it. How much effect is there to transport all the produce from California to the rest of the Country? Shut down those farms Jerry, you fool!

MtnBiker
07-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Shut down those farms Jerry, you fool!

Great point. California is one of the nations largest dairy producing states. Holy shit, milk is sold in plastic bottles! How much support do you believe he would have targeting the dairy industry in California?

So, why are they going after water? hmmmm

crin63
07-30-2008, 03:14 PM
HMMM, I wonder why the corporations that have the jobs keep leaving us here in California.

I wonder where the tax base will come from to pay for all their social programs.

I guess they will just keep spending with bond monies that everyone seems to think is just free money growing on trees.

California is going to be one of the next federal bailouts. Maybe the feds can rent California out to China or UAE.

Little-Acorn
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Maybe the feds can rent California out to China or UAE.

Would China or the UAE then have the responsibility to push out the competition (illegal aliens from Mexico and elsewhere)?

That might get my vote.

crin63
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Would China or the UAE then have the responsibility to push out the competition (illegal aliens from Mexico and elsewhere)?

That might get my vote.

I like where your at on this. We might even get some Emergency Rooms opened back up after they booted the illegals.

darin
07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I wonder how long before CA dips into it's large illegal population to work for State services? :)

I bet they could find an Illegal to be governor for 1/5th the price of Arnold's salary.