PDA

View Full Version : Obama the rock star, but not a leader

Yurt
07-30-2008, 04:11 PM
i happen to agree with mccain on this one:

McCain camp portrays Obama as celebrity, not leader

"Is he ready to lead?" it asks.

At the same time, McCain described himself as an independent-minded politician with a history of bucking authority and said Obama has shown little more than strong speaking skills.

"The bottom line is that Senator Obama's words, for all their eloquence and passion, don't mean all that much, and that's the problem with Washington," McCain said.

McCain took direct aim at Obama's chief selling point, that he represents change Americans are searching for ahead of the November 4 election.

"Sen. Obama doesn't have the strength to speak openly and directly about he will address the serious challenges that confront America. How will he be strong enough to really change Washington?" he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080730/ts_nm/usa_politics_mccain_dc

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries, yuk, and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.

stephanie
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
The Obambam is not a leader, he's a puppet..

see my avatar, you'll see his master.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 09:40 PM
I'll have to see somethiong other than your avatar to convince me, stevie!!!!!

The Obambam is not a leader, he's a puppet..

see my avatar, you'll see his master.

Pull your dress back down, stevie. I wasn't talking about seeing that?!?!??!??!

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

stephanie
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll have to see somethiong other than your avatar to convince me, stevie!!!!!

Pull your dress back down, stevie. I wasn't talking about seeing that?!?!??!??!

I don't wear a dress, maybe you meant the one you have on?

And you know my Avatar say's it all..:cheers2:

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I was just kidding you, silly goose, about that. But seriously, I see no evidence whatsoever of Obama being manipulated by anyone. He seems to me to be very well grounded in his convictions and beliefs.

I don't wear a dress, maybe you meant the one you have on?

And you know my Avatar say's it all..:cheers2:

On the other hand, his opponent is certainly having his problems in that department, isn't he?

Yurt
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries, yuk, and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.

rockstars have millions of fans...your point?

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
My point, yuk, is Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.

I hope that straightens it out for you.

Yurt
07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
My point, yuk, is Obama garnered many millions more votes than McCain in the primaries and I don't think he did it on his own. He had much more substantial competition as well, don't you think? November will be memorable but not very pretty for Republicans, IMHO.

I hope that straightens it out for you.

bravo, score one for psycho...he has backing, soros ring a bell

i have faith enough in this country that...republican or democrat... this country will survive, if not, then we will descend into civil war. if you look at the hate talk, it is coming from the left...but why talk about left and right...what happened to just being AMERICAN?

maybe there is no such thing...maybe we are followers of Jesus....if not, we are simply who we are

emmett
07-30-2008, 10:53 PM

I think both parties are in for a rude awakening, the LP is going to have it's biggest turnout ever. I think just about anyone will concede to this fact but I think even the believers are going to be shocked.

On November 4th I believe millions of Americans (literally millions) are going to hesitate slightly as they start to punch out or select a Democrat or Republican. Then the process will begin. They will stop. Then they will start to really think. They're going to think about the senseless rhetoric orchestrated by both major parties, the investigations, the popularity of the Congress, the liars and the taxes. Then they are going to start to re-think. All of a sudden it's gonna happen like being kicked in the head, they reach out and select a Libertarian, then another, then another. Then they start feeling better and selecting faster. Another Libertarian, and another. Then they get to the Presidential area. They hesitate. They ask themselves if they are really wasting their vote like their friends have told them. They think about how they do not have to vote for the lesser of two evils. They knew of course before they arrived that Bobb Barr better credentials than eother JM or BO.

They select Bob Barr for president and vote for America, then they leave knowing they have done the right thing. Some of these folks might even say they voted for another candidate to avoid criticism but they will know in their soul that they voted for REAL change. A change much more influencial than the same old thing.

Hide and watch folks! 10 million votes!

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Have I ever told you about the "Fields of Ambrosia", emmie? Sometimes we might sit a spell and talk about it. Dig it?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
07-31-2008, 06:22 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/140788.gif

Psychoblues
07-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Just eats your ass up, doesn't it, rsr?

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Just eats your ass up, doesn't it, rsr?

The only thing that "gets" me is the clear liberal bias. You guys have been ranting for years over Fox News - yet you smile over the liberal media bowing at the alter of Obama

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/140794.jpg

bullypulpit
07-31-2008, 10:09 AM
"Arrogant and elitist...", words used by the right to describe Obama. But we've heard those words used in the past. When describing any who are seen as attempting to rise above their perceived station in life by those who feel threatened by such aspirations...Women described as "uppity bitches"...People of color described as "uppity niggers".

And so we see the thinly veiled racism behind the right wings attempts to paint Obama as "Arrogant and elitist...".

red states rule
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
"Arrogant and elitist...", words used by the right to describe Obama. But we've heard those words used in the past. When describing any who are seen as attempting to rise above their perceived station in life by those who feel threatened by such aspirations...Women described as "uppity bitches"...People of color described as "uppity niggers".

And so we see the thinly veiled racism behind the right wings attempts to paint Obama as "Arrogant and elitist...".

He is arrogant and an elitist - it is part of most liberals personality. Even Congressional Dems are upset with some of his comments that show he takes it for granted he is now President

I would not be surprised if he would try and hold a WH press conference today, try to give the Presidental radio address this Saturday

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Finnally!!!!!!! Some leadership!!!!!!!! I was getting so damned tired of Toby Keith!!!!!!!!!

What Do You Think Of Us Now: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/140785.jpg

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:01 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/140790.jpg

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Bullshit is as bullshit does!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pictures, Forrest!!!!!!!!

Where's that Up In Smoke video?: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Bullshit is as bullshit does!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pictures, Forrest!!!!!!!!

Where's that Up In Smoke video?: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

The up in smoke video is obama's lead in the polls :laugh2:

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Gump? Gump? I ain't no Gump, rsr!!!!!!!!!!!

The up in smoke video is obama's lead in the polls :laugh2:

Cute!!!!!!!!

Can I Get A Witness: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Gump? Gump? I ain't no Gump, rsr!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute!!!!!!!!

Can I Get A Witness: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Your boy is so desperate he plays the race card 3 times in one day - and the liberla media is in a tizzy anyone points it out

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Just how did you know about that race card, rsr? That's all I've heard about for 2 days now!!!!!!!!!

Your boy is so desperate he plays the race card 3 times in one day - and the liberla media is in a tizzy anyone points it out

It's Been A Miraculous Recovery, Doctor: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Just how did you know about that race card, rsr? That's all I've heard about for 2 days now!!!!!!!!!

It's Been A Miraculous Recovery, Doctor: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

and now the US will not have to drill for oil if we all get a tune-up and inflate out tires

The messiah is on a roll - downhill that is

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
You've never been one for subtlety, have you, rsr?

and now the US will not have to drill for oil if we all get a tune-up and inflate out tires

The messiah is on a roll - downhill that is

Your ignorance belies your intelligence!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Buck, Hell Yes I Cheated: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:44 PM
You've never been one for subtlety, have you, rsr?

Your ignorance belies your intelligence!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Buck, Hell Yes I Cheated: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

No wonder you love Obama - you are just like him

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2700117026_0f4c6dbc4e.jpg?v=0

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Sublety implies something actual, rsr. Maybe it's not just ignorance on your part. Maybe it's laziness as well. How many times have I seen you post the same old garbage again and again even after all of it had been disproven again and again?

Lets start with something very simple, OK?

Dig This: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Sublety implies something actual, rsr. Maybe it's not just ignorance on your part. Maybe it's laziness as well. How many times have I seen you post the same old garbage again and again even after all of it had been disproven again and again?

Dig This: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

What has been disproven? Just because Chris Matthews says it is so does not mean it is correct :laugh2:

The facts are, Obama is falling in the polls, he is losing whaite males and independents by a wide margin, people are pissed Dems left for 5 weeks of R&R without even voting on offshiore drilling, and the messiah says we do not need to drill

Yet over 70% in a CNN poll want to drill for our own oil

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Most people that keep up with things like that agree that drilling is not a solution to the problem, rsr. Even in the Republican party and supporters of it like T. Boone Pickens are adamant that drilling is not a solution. Getting people to believe that drilling will bring down the price of gas is also a lie oft told by the partisans to gather support from the more uneducated amongst us. Just who is your target, rsr?

Hit it, Claude, Tell Me A Lie: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Most people that keep up with things like that agree that drilling is not a solution to the problem, rsr. Even in the Republican party and supporters of it like T. Boone Pickens are adamant that drilling is not a solution. Getting people to believe that drilling will bring down the price of gas is also a lie oft told by the partisans to gather support from the more uneducated amongst us. Just who is your target, rsr?

Hit it, Claude, Tell Me A Lie: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

If that is the case, why did San Fran Nan refuse to allow a vote on the offshore drilling bill?

I will tell you why. Many Dems would have voted for it. Along with more then 70% of the folks who are fed up with having billions of bls of oil sitting it the gorund

It is basic supply and demand

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Supply and demand of oil products? This is a great place to start a new thread that addresses that single subject, rsr. That is unless it gets hijacked by the idiots that only want to argue over semantics and other subjects altogether.

Start a good thread about Oil supply and demand and if you tell some truth in your opening post I might even join in on the debate. If you just keep telling the same old lies that you have been telling, however, neither me or anyone else will acknowlege it. Give it a try, rsr. If you have any problems, let me know. I know exactly how to get threads up and running!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Randy, On The Other Hand: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Supply and demand of oil products? This is a great place to start a new thread that addresses that single subject, rsr. That is unless it gets hijacked by the idiots that only want to argue over semantics and other subjects altogether.

Start a good thread about Oil supply and demand and if you tell some truth in your opening post I might even join in on the debate. If you just keep telling the same old lies that you have been telling, however, neither me or anyone else will acknowlege it. Give it a try, rsr. If you have any problems, let me know. I know exactly how to get threads up and running!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Randy, On The Other Hand: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I have several threads on the Dems inaction on gas prices, and how Pelosi called the cops to kick the press out of the House chamber today

I understand if you are unable to defend your do nothing Congress

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I tried to get some truth and responsibility out of you. You failed. Is that anything new?!?!?!?!??!

I have several threads on the Dems inaction on gas prices, and how Pelosi called the cops to kick the press out of the House chamber today

I understand if you are unable to defend your do nothing Congress

Hit it, Maybell Carter, It's Time To Feed The Chickens: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I tried to get some truth and responsibility out of you. You failed. Is that anything new?!?!?!?!??!

Hit it, Maybell Carter, It's Time To Feed The Chickens: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Like your fellow monbat BP, I understand how difficult it is to counter all the vicious packs of truth I post about Dems and your messiah

http://newsbusters.org/static/2008/07/JournoBeat.jpg

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
How is that new thread you got about oil supply and demand going, dumbass?

Like your fellow monbat BP, I understand how difficult it is to counter all the vicious packs of truth I post about Dems and your messiah

http://newsbusters.org/static/2008/07/JournoBeat.jpg

BTW, the "rockstar" is still kickin' the shit out of the McSame Ol' Shit campaign, ain't he somethin' to admire?

Hit it ZZ Top, Sharp Dressed Man: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 06:51 PM
How is that new thread you got about oil supply and demand going, dumbass?

BTW, the "rockstar" is still kickin' the shit out of the McSame Ol' Shit campaign, ain't he somethin' to admire?

Hit it ZZ Top, Sharp Dressed Man: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Well PB, it seems you have no desire to carry on a conversation - just mindless bumper sticke slogans

You asked for other threads, and I have them ready for you to jump in

Take your pick

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 12:19 AM
First off, your basic premises are all wrong. Secondly, you pack a bunch of lies in right off the bat. Thirdly, the opposition to the proposals is coming from the red side of the isle and fourthly ain't red a communist color?

Well PB, it seems you have no desire to carry on a conversation - just mindless bumper sticke slogans

You asked for other threads, and I have them ready for you to jump in

Take your pick

Hit it, gangsta country boy, Stick It In Your Ear, You 2 Faced B*tch: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 01:07 AM
First off, your basic premises are all wrong. Secondly, you pack a bunch of lies in right off the bat. Thirdly, the opposition to the proposals is coming from the red side of the isle and fourthly ain't red a communist color?

Hit it, gangsta country boy, Stick It In Your Ear, You 2 Faced B*tch: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

yeah, must be.... _________, white & blue, just not for you though....

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 04:01 AM
See how you are, punk?!?!?!?!?!?! I was talking about the "red" as a Party identifier and you try and twist it around to the red, white and blue as applied to OUR flag.

yeah, must be.... _________, white & blue, just not for you though....

I Pledge Allegiance To The Flag Of The United States Of America, And To The Republic For Which It Stands, One Nation, Under God, And With Liberty And Justice For All, about 2 to 4 times a week, shithead. It depends how many meetings I have that week for my otherwise nonpartisan, and even a few of the partisan ones, activities.

Why do you try so hard to make this about you, yuk? That is exactly why I call you that name. It ain't becoming of any American to attempt in any way to discredit the Americaness of any other American in my overwhelming honest opinion. The simpleass jerks do it all the time!!!!!!!! Have you ever seen me do it?!?!?!?!?!?! I can answer that for you, jerk. NO. I don't let myself go even close to that level!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget that "request for friendship" that I sent you, dumbo. I don't need any friends like you. Dig it?

I'm Here and You're Queer: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 04:45 AM
I did forget a word. I find that inexcuseable for me. So I give no excuse.

See how you are, punk?!?!?!?!?!?! I was talking about the "red" as a Party identifier and you try and twist it around to the red, white and blue as applied to OUR flag.

I Pledge Allegiance To The Flag Of The United States Of America, And To The Republic For Which It Stands, One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, And With Liberty And Justice For All, about 2 to 4 times a week, shithead. It depends how many meetings I have that week for my otherwise nonpartisan, and even a few of the partisan ones, activities.

Why do you try so hard to make this about you, yuk? That is exactly why I call you that name. It ain't becoming of any American to attempt in any way to discredit the Americaness of any other American in my overwhelming honest opinion. The simpleass jerks do it all the time!!!!!!!! Have you ever seen me do it?!?!?!?!?!?! I can answer that for you, jerk. NO. I don't let myself go even close to that level!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget that "request for friendship" that I sent you, dumbo. I don't need any friends like you. Dig it?

I'm Here and You're Queer:

I'm a dumbass, but I meant what I said.

Hit it, Leroy, Just Walk On By: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 11:02 AM
my comment was no more crazy and stupid than yours, it was designed to show you the absurdity of your claim...the claim the republican party uses red as a secret alliance with communist is absurd and shows lack of knowledge. the political parties did not even choose their colors...the MEDIA did. it bears no relation to anything, not platforms of the parties, nothing...it is only a media reference....but of course you would twist that around....

pot/kettle