PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on how i can find what career to pursue

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 07:40 PM
that matches my personality and interests

Yurt
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
1. personality...have no idea, don't know you personally...on the board you are often one way one day and completely different another, then back...etc...

2. what are your interests?

i found manwhoring to rich ladies rewarding when i was younger...

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 10:16 PM
1. personality...have no idea, don't know you personally...on the board you are often one way one day and completely different another, then back...etc...

hahahaha, my personality seems to be goofy, and friendly but then i dont like people

2. what are your interests?

music, sports, women,

i found manwhoring to rich ladies rewarding when i was younger...

what personality do i seem to have, even if i have mood swings lol :laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Be a professional skydiver, marteen!!!!!!!!! But, be sure to pack your own chute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Be a professional skydiver, marteen!!!!!!!!! But, be sure to pack your own chute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol: :lol:

:cheers2:

Will you be packing my chute? :coffee:

Yurt
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
:lol::lol: :lol:

i could say something.....

dude, you don't seem to know what you want....what do you want?

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
i could say something.....

dude, you don't seem to know what you want....what do you want?

I could answer that, but then id get in trouble :laugh2:

the edited version, I want a job where i can be nomadic, i dont want to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

but i dont want to work with people, maybe small groups at most

im not good with people, yeah, i know im not supposed to use my disabilities as an excuse but i find that my asbergers makes me live in one world, and non-asbergers in another.

what do i mean?, people expect me to pick up social cues, non verbal cues, etc, and i dont understand.

Its frustrating, cause i feel people play social games, and i am tired of obsessing/worrying about if their gonna get mad at me

does that make any sense?

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
marteen, sometimes you do tread on some awfully thin ice and I believe that you are sometimes unaware of it. Hellfire, Champ, I do to!!!!!!!!! In any event, although I can't watch out for you all the time I will intervene for you if I see that I should or if you ask me to do so. Good luck on your career, cowboy!!!!!!

I could answer that, but then id get in trouble :laugh2:

the edited version, I want a job where i can be nomadic, i dont want to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

im not good with people, yeah, i know im not supposed to use my disabilities as an excuse but i find that my asbergers makes me live in one world, and non-asbergers in another.

what do i mean?, people expect me to pick up social cues, non verbal cues, etc, and i dont understand.

Its frustrating, cause i feel people play social games, and i am tired of obsessing/worrying about if their gonna get mad at me

Meanwhile, back at the hacienda: :cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

Sitarro
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM

Go to a veterinary college, get your degree in veterinary medicine and go to work at the San Diego zoo working with the Tigers....... seems perfect for you. Go and talk to the zoo guys and see what you need to get on as an apprentice while you go to school.:thumb:

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM
I never let anyone else pack mine, marteen and I strongly advise you to insist on the same.

:lol

On the other hand, are there any bidders for my services?!?!?!??!?!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

hjmick
07-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Will you be packing my chute?

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-004.gif Oh no you dint...

Must control fingers... step away from the keyboard... uuuargh!!!

retiredman
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM
take the Myers-Briggs test for starters.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm glad you thought better of it, hmkick. As I slapped my own face after I reread it!!!!!!!!!! I think I need a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-004.gif Oh no you dint...

Must control fingers... step away from the keyboard... uuuargh!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
07-30-2008, 11:26 PM

fuck that test

that test said i would be a prissy, know it all, hater of men from maine, yet, be the bringer of truth...

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I forgot to mention that i love love love animals

they are always sweet

you know what maybe i should work with animals?

Go to a veterinary college, get your degree in veterinary medicine and go to work at the San Diego zoo working with the Tigers....... seems perfect for you. Go and talk to the zoo guys and see what you need to get on as an apprentice while you go to school.:thumb:

crin63
07-30-2008, 11:29 PM

Hey Martin I hear Volvo is still hiring. They're having a tough time replacing their crash dummies. :laugh2:

It sounds right up your alley. Limited interaction with live people. No uncomfortable social events. High speed nomadic experience (even if it only lasts for a few minutes). :coffee:

Just kidding. Whats your educational background? Where do you live?

retiredman
07-30-2008, 11:29 PM
fuck that test

that test said i would be a prissy, know it all, hater of men from maine, yet, be the bringer of truth...
why do you have to follow me around this site starting fights?

I gave the man an honest answer. This was totally uncalled for.

Yurt
07-30-2008, 11:34 PM
OTE=actsnoblemartin;277550]I could answer that, but then id get in trouble :laugh2:

we are not on a PC board, no worries.

it makes sense. you may not like what i have to say, but, i will say it sinced you asked.

as you know, i grew up in san diego. my junior high is the school next to the Zoo, the one with no grass, only gravel for "fields." you may not know, my brother is handicap, a brain tumor, back in the late 70s the treatment was radiation. seven years old and under the radiation gun....i will tell you this, i am the younger brother, but am the older.... i had plenty of fist fights with kids about his condition, but when he entered high school, i learned i could not win every fist fight.

the world sucks. what do you expect?

hjmick
07-30-2008, 11:38 PM
If you're interested in animal, Moorpark College has an excellent program. EATM, Exotic Animal Training and Management. I hear it is among the best in the country. Of course that would require relocating and two years of college. At least I think it is a two year program, it's a junior college...

http://media.www.studentvoiceonline.com/media/storage/paper808/news/2008/03/06/WebPage/Starting.From.The.Bottom.Up.At.Eatm-3257082.shtml

http://www.moorpark.cc.ca.us/~eatm/

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 11:41 PM
hahahaha. good one brother. I like you're sense of humor :laugh2:

:clap:

i have a little bit of college, I have always had trouble focusing it seems.

and i live in san diego california

Hey Martin I hear Volvo is still hiring. They're having a tough time replacing their crash dummies. :laugh2:

It sounds right up your alley. Limited interaction with live people. No uncomfortable social events. High speed nomadic experience (even if it only lasts for a few minutes). :coffee:

Just kidding. Whats your educational background? Where do you live?

manu1959
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
get a job at the sandiego zoo shoveling shit and work your way up.....

Yurt
07-31-2008, 12:13 AM
get a job at the sandiego zoo shoveling shit and work your way up.....

no shit

jimnyc
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM

You trying to kill the young lad? :coffee:

jackass
07-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Ever thought of a computer programmer? You can work from home most of the time.

diuretic
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Myers-Briggs as Maineman said will give you a pretty good indicator of where you're at in terms of personal preferences in many areas. You could try a psychologist and take a battery of vocational preference tests and see where they point you. Either way it's good to pick something you like, as the old saying goes, you do some thing you love and you never "work" a day in your life.

actsnoblemartin
07-31-2008, 04:06 PM
I was gonna say i want women ;), im not mad at you

youre the best

we are not on a PC board, no worries.

it makes sense. you may not like what i have to say, but, i will say it sinced you asked.

as you know, i grew up in san diego. my junior high is the school next to the Zoo, the one with no grass, only gravel for "fields." you may not know, my brother is handicap, a brain tumor, back in the late 70s the treatment was radiation. seven years old and under the radiation gun....i will tell you this, i am the younger brother, but am the older.... i had plenty of fist fights with kids about his condition, but when he entered high school, i learned i could not win every fist fight.

the world sucks. what do you expect?

Trinity
08-01-2008, 06:50 AM

I just took this test like 2 weeks ago for my psych class. I am an ENTJ funny thing is the only other one in my class who had the same results as mine, was my instructor.

Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
by Joe Butt
Profile: ENTJ
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 27 Feb 2005

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.
TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

diuretic
08-01-2008, 06:51 AM
I've done it several times - INTP.

It's me to a tee.

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Kill him? You know better than that, jimbo!!!!!! I'm just tryin' to help, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

You trying to kill the young lad? :coffee:

I wanna be a Sky Pilot!!!!!!: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Damn,,,,,for the second time in the same thread I really messed it up!!!!!!! I don't believe that came out like I intended?!??!?!?!?!??!?

ZoomZoom!!!!!!!!

Trinity
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
I've done it several times - INTP.

It's me to a tee.

Mine fit me to a tee as well.....I was rather surprised most of those that I take tend to sort of fit, but not completely, where as this one was wow.