PDA

View Full Version : 3 West Coast governors oppose new offshore oil drilling

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Only 3 of them? Does gwb have plans for influencing the rest of them?

Source: LA Times

SACRAMENTO -- West Coast governors urged the federal government Tuesday to keep new oil drilling rigs out of their waters and to spend more money on programs to restore the health of the Pacific Ocean.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, joined with Democratic Govs. Ted Kulongoski of Oregon and Chris Gregoire of Washington to reaffirm their opposition to opening undersea oil fields to new drilling, as part of an elaborate action plan for preserving coastal waters.

The 116-page document outlines ambitious goals for cleaning up coastal waters and beaches, restoring fisheries, preparing for rising sea levels and developing projects that harness energy from waves and tides, among other topics.

"We are united ecologically, and now we are also united politically with Democrats and Republicans here working together and with one powerful voice," said Schwarzenegger, flanked by images of the two other governors beamed in via satellite..............

More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ocean30-2008jul30,0,2667305.story

There just has to be some governors on that left coast that understand envir, enviro,,,,,,economical stuff, ain't there?

Sitarro
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Only 3 of them? Does gwb have plans for influencing the rest of them?

Source: LA Times

SACRAMENTO -- West Coast governors urged the federal government Tuesday to keep new oil drilling rigs out of their waters and to spend more money on programs to restore the health of the Pacific Ocean.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, joined with Democratic Govs. Ted Kulongoski of Oregon and Chris Gregoire of Washington to reaffirm their opposition to opening undersea oil fields to new drilling, as part of an elaborate action plan for preserving coastal waters.

The 116-page document outlines ambitious goals for cleaning up coastal waters and beaches, restoring fisheries, preparing for rising sea levels and developing projects that harness energy from waves and tides, among other topics.

"We are united ecologically, and now we are also united politically with Democrats and Republicans here working together and with one powerful voice," said Schwarzenegger, flanked by images of the two other governors beamed in via satellite..............

More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ocean30-2008jul30,0,2667305.story

There just has to be some governors on that left coast that understand envir, enviro,,,,,,economical stuff, ain't there?

Three liberal Governors running three ultra liberal states, fine, they should not get a drop of Gulf of Mexico oil or refined product.:fu:

Yurt
07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
you honestly expect the guvernator to vote for offshore drilling off the california coast?

political suicide....do you know how much money the california coast is worth?

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
i want off shore drilling

:)

Three liberal Governors running three ultra liberal states, fine, they should not get a drop of Gulf of Mexico oil or refined product.:fu:

Yurt
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
i want off shore drilling

:)

admit it martin, you want to drill....period :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
of course :laugh2:

admit it martin, you want to drill....period :laugh2:

07-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Why would President Bush need to come up with a plan to persuade them? By the time Congress repeals the ban on offshore drilling, he wont be in office.

Besides, the states should have the right to determine whether they explore off their shore. Just dont be surprised if the people get tired of high gas prices and want to vote them out.

Psychoblues
07-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Just so you know, a'21, the price of fuel and drilling off the western coasts do not corelate at all at this time or in the foreseeable future. Even the oil companies have said that repeatedly!!!!!! You, sir, have fallen victim to the reichwingers scare tactic to give them permission to screw you and me and I ain't letting them get by with it unopposed. Dig it?

Why would President Bush need to come up with a plan to persuade them? By the time Congress repeals the ban on offshore drilling, he wont be in office.

Besides, the states should have the right to determine whether they explore off their shore. Just dont be surprised if the people get tired of high gas prices and want to vote them out.

Tooling along: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: