PDA

View Full Version : Real Hope... Real Change

hjmick
07-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Remember... Vote early and Vote often! (http://www.news3online.com/index.php?code=2du217S5AMo226o89gEH)

Hobbit
07-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but I'm already throwing all my support behind the Baggins/Gamgee ticket from the Shireling party. Right now, the platform is for cleaning our streets of foul wizards, the elimination of rings of mass destruction, and a surge of additional troops from Rohan and Gondor to make Mordor safe for ordinary orcs and drive the Harad back into hiding. The only down point is their continued support of agricultural subsidies, especially in the potato and mushroom industries, but with the elves departing in droves for the Undying Land, where food is cheaper, they may change their tune.

DragonStryk72
07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Alright, but what platform are you running on?

hjmick
07-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Alright, but what platform are you running on?

I haven't gotten that far yet. So far all I have is margaritas and beer for everyone and pirate speak.

07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
That isnt what I expected... got a VP yet?

crin63
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I think I liked the tramp stamp on the little old lady the best. That was a nice touch.

What do you have for us bitter working class folks who cling to our guns and religion because we cant cope with people who aren't like us and our anti-immigrant, anti-trade antipathy?

08-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Let's hear some more positions.

hjmick
08-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Let's hear some more positions.

I propose we build two of those amusement park style line ques along our southern borders. One starting at the Gulf coast and ending on the Pacific coast, the other starting at the Pacific and ending at the Gulf, both with entries and exits into Mexico.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays will be national days off.

Legal gun owners will receive a stipend for ammunition but they will also be required to take a gun safety course once every ten years.

Religion, if you want to worship, cool. If not, cool. Prayer in school, if a kid wants to pray before a test, more power to him or her, but there will be no organized prayer for any religion. There are too many to provide adequate recognition for all of them in the time allotted in a school day.

The abortion issue will revert back to the states.

Drilling for oil will also become a state issue.

I propose we pull out of the U.N. until such a time as the rest of the world contributes as much as we do and it agrees to a complete overhaul. While we wait, we charge them rent on the space. If they move, we turn the United Nations building into some low income housing.

The "War on Drugs" will be declared over. Marijuana will be legal and sold and taxed like cigarettes. This will provide a cash crop for farmers which means we can end farm subsidies. The government has no business telling us what we should be doing with our bodies. Besides, prohibition didn't work either.

The subsidies we've been paying the farmers will be put into research for a viable alternative to petroleum based fuels.

Nuclear power is a must. If the French can do it, so can we.

Did I mention the margaritas and beer?

08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
How's the fundraising?

hjmick
08-04-2008, 01:15 PM
How's the fundraising?

Not so good, the wife took the checkbook. Something about there being no point in donating to yourself.

08-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Not so good, the wife took the checkbook. Something about there being no point in donating to yourself.

She going to make you pull out of the race?

hjmick
08-04-2008, 01:27 PM
She going to make you pull out of the race?

No, but I am beginning to suspect that our bathroom remodel may be more important to her than my candidacy.

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I haven't gotten that far yet. So far all I have is margaritas and beer for everyone and pirate speak.

I'll vote with your party.

I like it even better than Hobbit's party, which seems to involve fighting with a lot of monsters, and we've been doing too much of that for years in Reallife.

08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
No, but I am beginning to suspect that our bathroom remodel may be more important to her than my candidacy.

Maybe she doesnt want to be First Lady.

08-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I'll vote with your party.

I like it even better than Hobbit's party, which seems to involve fighting with a lot of monsters, and we've been doing too much of that for years in Reallife.

My parties fun too. It's the Mario Party.

You can tell I'm so totally serious today.

hjmick
08-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe she doesnt want to be First Lady.

That's entirely possible. She does seem to be having some difficulty deciding what she wants in the remodel. I can only imagine the process of choosing china if left to her.

Immanuel
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Real hope? Real Change?

Get the parties out of the White House.

http://redneckinthewhitehouse.com/

I'm tired of 95% of the country being run by 5% of the peope. Somewhere along the way the common folks have been forgotten. This is not about left or right, it is about right and wrong. So, if you're like me and you really want to see some change, join us in the redneck party. Cast your vote here and together we can make Washington, DC hear our voices.

By the way, the song sucks, but the idea of getting Repupblicans and Democrats out of the White House is right up my alley.

Immie

Immanuel
08-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I propose we build two of those amusement park style line ques along our southern borders. One starting at the Gulf coast and ending on the Pacific coast, the other starting at the Pacific and ending at the Gulf, both with entries and exits into Mexico.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays will be national days off.

Legal gun owners will receive a stipend for ammunition but they will also be required to take a gun safety course once every ten years.

Religion, if you want to worship, cool. If not, cool. Prayer in school, if a kid wants to pray before a test, more power to him or her, but there will be no organized prayer for any religion. There are too many to provide adequate recognition for all of them in the time allotted in a school day.

The abortion issue will revert back to the states.

Drilling for oil will also become a state issue.

I propose we pull out of the U.N. until such a time as the rest of the world contributes as much as we do and it agrees to a complete overhaul. While we wait, we charge them rent on the space. If they move, we turn the United Nations building into some low income housing.

The "War on Drugs" will be declared over. Marijuana will be legal and sold and taxed like cigarettes. This will provide a cash crop for farmers which means we can end farm subsidies. The government has no business telling us what we should be doing with our bodies. Besides, prohibition didn't work either.

The subsidies we've been paying the farmers will be put into research for a viable alternative to petroleum based fuels.

Nuclear power is a must. If the French can do it, so can we.

Did I mention the margaritas and beer?

Margaritas and beer?

Chad Brock move over! hjmick has my vote.

Immie