PDA

View Full Version : McCain Gains on Obama in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania

red states rule
07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Obama’s advisors should probably suggest a trip to visit Castro, Hamas, Iran, N. Korea and take Jimmy Carter with him.

McCain Gains on Obama in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Poll Says

July 31 (Bloomberg) -- Republican John McCain is gaining on Democrat Barack Obama in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, three battleground states in the presidential election, according to a Quinnipiac University poll.

Florida and Ohio are ``too close to call,'' while Obama leads in Pennsylvania 49 percent to 42 percent, the poll said. In Florida and Ohio, Obama has 46 percent support to 44 percent for McCain.

In the same poll a month ago, Obama held a four-point lead in Florida, a six-point lead in Ohio and a 12-point lead in Pennsylvania, according to the poll.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080731/pl_bloomberg/aotfwq9kf_ly_1

OCA
07-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah! Maybe another liberal Repub against free speech and for tax raises will win!

YAHFUCKINGHOO!:dance:

red states rule
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah! Maybe another liberal Repub against free speech and for tax raises will win!

YAHFUCKINGHOO!:dance:

Gievn the glowing liberal media waving the pom poms for Obama, and high gas prices - it is something to see McCain closing the gap in key states

I do not like McCain, but the fact he is still close tells you how bad Obama is

OCA
07-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Gievn the glowing liberal media waving the pom poms for Obama, and high gas prices - it is something to see McCain closing the gap in key states

I do not like McCain, but the fact he is still close tells you how bad Obama is

Here is the fact, this country is fucked no matter which of these dumbasses gets elected, neither can tie their shoe laces and chew gum at the same time but........................they can be almost identical on almost all issues with Obama towing the lib line and Johnny moving the Repub party way to the left to shake hands with Barack.

Lets face it, real conservatism in American politics is deader than a door nail.

red states rule
07-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Here is the fact, this country is fucked no matter which of these dumbasses gets elected, neither can tie their shoe laces and chew gum at the same time but........................they can be almost identical on almost all issues with Obama towing the lib line and Johnny moving the Repub party way to the left to shake hands with Barack.

Lets face it, real conservatism in American politics is deader than a door nail.

While I do not support either one OCA, McCain is the lesser of the two evils

Obama will be Carter's second term. Today he pulled a Carter with his comment on to save energy get your tires inflated and tune up your car. Remimded me of Carter telling Ameica to wear a sweater

OCA
07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
McCain is the lesser of the two evils

And that folks is a prime example of why conservatism is in the toilet in America. Because lukewarm conservatives take whatever the Repub party wants to shove up their ass and says "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Rather than take the hard road with more reward, the road where you take your vote and tell a lib like Johnny to "piss off" and force the party to get back to the right where it belongs, most Repubs will vote for Johnny and ensure that the candidates keep getting more liberal as time goes on.

red states rule
07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
And that folks is a prime example of why conservatism is in the toilet in America. Because lukewarm conservatives take whatever the Repub party wants to shove up their ass and says "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Rather than take the hard road with more reward, the road where you take your vote and tell a lib like Johnny to "piss off" and force the party to get back to the right where it belongs, most Repubs will vote for Johnny and ensure that the candidates keep getting more liberal as time goes on.

Did you miss where I said I do not support McCain?

Obama wants over $2 trillion in more taxes, $1 trillion in new spending, government run healthcare, and the usual liberal things like judges who make law from the bench

McCain lost me in 2000 when he oposed the tax cuts, illegals, and now global warming

OCA
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Did you miss where I said I do not support McCain?

You may not support him but by saying that "he's the lesser of two evils" you imply that you will vote for him which makes you a part of the problem and not the solution.

red states rule
07-31-2008, 02:50 PM
You may not support him but by saying that "he's the lesser of two evils" you imply that you will vote for him which makes you a part of the problem and not the solution.

You also must have missed my many posts where I said I will NOT vote for McCain

07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
two of those states have large elderly populations. Perhaps telling people McCain is too old is having some negative consequences.

red states rule
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
two of those states have large elderly populations. Perhaps telling people McCain is too old is having some negative consequences.

and perhaps the voters are seeing the arrogance and huge ego of Obama

OCA
08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
You also must have missed my many posts where I said I will NOT vote for McCain

Since I believe you've stated in the past that a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote that leaves 1 thing.......................you are voting for Osama............lovely.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Since I believe you've stated in the past that a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote that leaves 1 thing.......................you are voting for Osama............lovely.

As usual you are wrong

I plan to leave that part of the ballot blank.

OCA
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
As usual you are wrong

I plan to leave that part of the ballot blank.

How very American of you, shame will lay heavy upon you in November.

Kathianne
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM

Didn't you say that Hillary/Clinton's were unbeatable, that they 'didn't lose?'

red states rule
08-01-2008, 02:52 PM
How very American of you, shame will lay heavy upon you in November.

I will not vote for someone I do not support. You can do what you want, as will I

OCA
08-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I will not vote for someone I do not support. You can do what you want, as will I

Leaving it blank is the weak way out.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Leaving it blank is the weak way out.

You can vote for somebody who does not a chance of winning - your call

I do not see anyone who I can support this year

Maybe you have no problem voting for someone you do not fully support - I will not

OCA
08-01-2008, 03:33 PM

Maybe you have no problem voting for someone you do not fully support - I will not

I fully support the Constitution party candidate, the only conservative in the field. However if you are not for less government, less taxes and a strict interpretation of the constitution then maybe they aren't for you.

OCA
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM

Oh and if you don't vote and Osama wins, don't bitch about him......ever.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I fully support the Constitution party candidate, the only conservative in the field. However if you are not for less government, less taxes and a strict interpretation of the constitution then maybe they aren't for you.

and when hell freezes over maybe the Constitution party will have a chance of winning

OCA
08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
and when hell freezes over maybe the Constitution party will have a chance of winning

At least I vote in something I believe in, hell, at least I vote!

Not voting is forfeiting your right to have an opinion on presidential politics. I don't want to hear 1 fucking word from your piehole after the election, comprende?

As an American i'm ashamed of you..........the anti-American.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 03:47 PM

Not voting is forfeiting your right to have an opinion on presidential politics. I don't want to hear 1 fucking word from your piehole after the election, comprende?

As someone else hers one bellowed......

I will post anywhere, and anything I damn well please

comprende?

OCA
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
As someone else hers one bellowed......

I will post anywhere, and anything I damn well please

comprende?

Please, Americans don't want to hear it from outsiders like you.

OCA
08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
No vote, no talk.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Please, Americans don't want to hear it from outsiders like you.

Yawn...

OCA
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Yawn...

It kills you to know i'm right, don't it?

Shame on you for not doing your duty and voting, after receiving welfare all this time you think it would be the least you could do...............lol.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
It kills you to know i'm right, don't it?

Shame on you for not doing your duty and voting, after receiving welfare all this time you think it would be the least you could do...............lol.

No, what kills me is how one "man" has such a huge ego and thinks he is so superior to everyone else

OCA
08-01-2008, 04:05 PM
No, what kills me is how one "man" has such a huge ego and thinks he is so superior to everyone else

I didn't ask for such a burden, I just do what God commands of me.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I didn't ask for such a burden, I just do what God commands of me.

What burden? Anyone can be an internet bully from behind a keyboard

Something you do well

OCA
08-01-2008, 04:15 PM
What burden? Anyone can be an internet bully from behind a keyboard

Something you do well

Internet debate 101: when you have your ass handed to you call your opponent a bully.

You suck at debate RSR, go cut and paste some shit kid.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Didn't you say that Hillary/Clinton's were unbeatable, that they 'didn't lose?'

:clap::clap::clap:

actually his words were "the Clinton's don't lose elections"

But he did not count the primary as elections :laugh2:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Internet debate 101: when you have your ass handed to you call your opponent a bully.

You suck at debate RSR, go cut and paste some shit kid.

look at your avatar - you are nothing but an internet bully and to advertise it

OCA
08-02-2008, 10:30 AM
look at your avatar - you are nothing but an internet bully and to advertise it

The Avi is a great and successful attempt at belittling those, such as yourself, whom i've handed their asses to and they've stooped to the low level of, when out of ammo, "your just a bully".

Thanks for falling in the trap...................Mr. Anti-American.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 10:51 AM

so americans do not have the right to abstain from voting?

OCA
08-02-2008, 10:53 AM

Oh they have the right, sure they do. Is it the right thing to do? Absolutely not. Its your duty as a citizen.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
what about using the abstention vote as protest?

OCA
08-02-2008, 12:16 PM

Yeah, like they pay any attention to that. The only way to protest is to, for example this cycle in regards to Repubs, is to vote for and give a 3rd party solid numbers, good enough numbers that the Repubs will be forced to look at and say that is why they lost the election. Then they will be forced to understand why people deserted them.

Hint............its because they nominated a solid liberal.

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2008, 12:19 PM

hard to tell the protesters from the folks who wake up on Wednesday and say "when is that election again?".......

Yurt
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
sure it may be hard to tell, but it doesn't take away the fact that it is a right and a form of protest

so...in order to have a voice i must vote for someone, regardless if i morally, ethically, biasedly, whatnot, don't feel that i can honestly vote for anyone? i must place a vote i don't believe in, in order that i may have voice?

retiredman
08-02-2008, 01:06 PM
sure it may be hard to tell, but it doesn't take away the fact that it is a right and a form of protest

so...in order to have a voice i must vote for someone, regardless if i morally, ethically, biasedly, whatnot, don't feel that i can honestly vote for anyone? i must place a vote i don't believe in, in order that i may have voice?

you certainly don't have to vote if you don't want to.

If you don't vote and if you aren't involved in the political process, you really do sort of abdicate your right to complain about the results thereof.

OCA
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Sure Yurt, you don't have to vote for anyone, anyone at all but........................I and many others believe that if you don't vote then don't bitch or gloat about the results, you kind of voluntarily give up that right.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Sure Yurt, you don't have to vote for anyone, anyone at all but........................I and many others believe that if you don't vote then don't bitch or gloat about the results, you kind of voluntarily give up that right.

so i must vote for someone i don't believe in, in order to have a voice? as long as i vote, i get a voice? so i can write in OCA and get a voice....

:dance:

national greek food holiday every saturday, you promise it, i vote for it

Yurt
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
you certainly don't have to vote if you don't want to.

If you don't vote and if you aren't involved in the political process, you really do sort of abdicate your right to complain about the results thereof.

i guess there goes my right to protest by not voting....to send a message to the candidates that my not voting is a "vote" of no confidence....imagine if only %20 percent of repubs did not vote, who ordinarily vote, what a message that would send....news commentators talk about that a lot, politicians talk about how people don't vote because they aren't interested and we must do something about that...

so if i vote for someone i don't believe in, say MFM, if i write your name on the ballot, i can have a voice?

so i guess if someone isn't in to politics now, but gets into it november 10, they can't say a word for four years....

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:50 PM
i guess there goes my right to protest by not voting....to send a message to the candidates that my not voting is a "vote" of no confidence....imagine if only %20 percent of repubs did not vote, who ordinarily vote, what a message that would send....news commentators talk about that a lot, politicians talk about how people don't vote because they aren't interested and we must do something about that...

so if i vote for someone i don't believe in, say MFM, if i write your name on the ballot, i can have a voice?

so i guess if someone isn't in to politics now, but gets into it november 10, they can't say a word for four years....

my position is clear: if you do not participate in the political process and you do not exercise your right to vote as part of that process, you abdicate your right to complain about the results of that process.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:15 PM
well, then you support trampling on the 1st amendment by taking away my right to free speech...

explain how your stance does not trample on the first amendment...

why is it someone who is not interested in politics now, but becomes interested on nov 10, can't speak for 4 years? explain why i must vote for someone i don't believe in....you...and that gets me a voice.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:18 PM
well, then you support trampling on the 1st amendment by taking away my right to free speech...

explain how your stance does not trample on the first amendment...

why is it someone who is not interested in politics now, but becomes interested on nov 10, can't speak for 4 years? explain why i must vote for someone i don't believe in....you...and that gets me a voice.

you can complain all you want...but if you have not participated, then I have the right to tell you to quit your whining.

we both have the right to say those things.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
you can complain all you want...but if you have not participated, then I have the right to tell you to quit your whining.

we both have the right to say those things.

Given the bad candidates we have this year, George was right about not voting

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0u6lCBnRoHQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0u6lCBnRoHQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mundame
08-04-2008, 02:58 AM

Oh they have the right, sure they do. Is it the right thing to do? Absolutely not. Its your duty as a citizen.

That's what I always thought. However, these candidates are just so awful I have lost faith in democracy itself this year. And then there are the errors --- the 2000 election catastrophe when the system couldn't handle a very close election; there's the cheating that is getting more and more widespread; there is the Electoral College/popular vote problem that states are trying to solve in strange ways. Maryland and several other states have voted to order Electors to vote the way the popular vote in the country goes ---------------------------------- NOT the way the majority of Marylanders voted.

What??? What's the point in voting, then?

red states rule
08-04-2008, 06:29 AM
and how will the next President work with the Congress?

GOP Will Work With Pres. Obama, Dems Will Block Pres. McCain
By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
August 3, 2008 - 16:24 ET

Warning: Unbelievable Bias Alert!

Something happened on Sunday's "The Chris Matthews Show" that was one of the strongest examples of liberal media bias I've seen since the press blamed Hurricane Katrina on President Bush.

In back to back segments, the twelve regulars on the program -- what the host refers to as "The Matthews Meter" -- almost unanimously agreed that if Barack Obama became President, Congressional Republicans would work with him to get his agenda passed.

By contrast, these same people felt Congressional Democrats would do everything possible to block policy initiatives of John McCain if he wins in November.

Bottom line, we asked "The Matthews Meter," twelve of our regulars, "Would a President Obama get Congressional Republicans to make deals on his major initiatives in his first year?" Boy, do we have an optimistic group sitting around here. The whole meter group, 10 say yes, Obama will get bipartisan movement from the other side. Just two say no, he'll face roadblocks.

After the commercial break, the flipside was posed:

[McCain] says he'll work with anyone. But will anyone work with him. We asked "The Matthews Meter," twelve of our regulars, "Would President McCain meet stiff opposition from Democrats on Capitol Hill?" This is overwhelming. 11 say yes, McCain would face nasty head winds from Democrats. Just one says that he would get help.

Imagine the absurdity in this given McCain's decades of bipartisanship and reaching across the aisle, while there's absolutely no such precedent from Obama since he became Senator in 2005.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/08/03/gop-will-work-pres-obama-dems-will-block-pres-mccain

OCA
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
so i must vote for someone i don't believe in, in order to have a voice? as long as i vote, i get a voice? so i can write in OCA and get a voice....

:dance:

national greek food holiday every saturday, you promise it, i vote for it

Oh that would be just the beginning my friend......just the first week's work.