PDA

View Full Version : Congres Ready To Go On Vacation - Nothing On Drilling Thus Far

red states rule
07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Well, San Fran Nan and Harry Reid are ready for their 5 week vacation, and as of yet done NOTHING on off shore drilling

In fact, the Dem Congress have done zip on increasing the US domestic oil supply

Perhaps Pres Bush will call a special session to force the Dems to put the drilling bill to a vote

He should

07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
haha keep them in washington when they would rather be campaigning for reelection.

red states rule
07-31-2008, 05:03 PM
haha keep them in washington when they would rather be campaigning for reelection.

I do hope Pres Bush calls a special session, so I can watch Reid and Pelosi whine like a baby

Maybe they might have to do something like pass the off shore driling bill

midcan5
07-31-2008, 05:26 PM
So you want them to stay in Washington so they can add more oil to a plentiful supply? Funny when the market raises prices you guys complain, thought you all just loved dat free market. I wish they raped you fools even more but it hurts all so I can't hope too much. LOL

red states rule
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
So you want them to stay in Washington so they can add more oil to a plentiful supply? Funny when the market raises prices you guys complain, thought you all just loved dat free market. I wish they raped you fools even more but it hurts all so I can't hope too much. LOL

The plentiful supply is sitting in the ground, because San Fran Nan wants to keep gas prices high

She will not bring the off shore bill to a vote becauswe to many Dems will vote FOR it, and she will be humilated

I guess you enjoy paying $4.50/gal for gas - most of us do not

red states rule
08-01-2008, 07:00 AM
In a few hours Congress will start their 5 week vacation, without doing a damn thing to increase the domestic oil suply and lower gas prices

San Fran Nan is more worried about pleasing the tree huggers then helping the working class

Pelosi: Save the Planet, Let Someone Else Drill

By Charles Krauthammer

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi opposes lifting the moratorium on drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and on the Outer Continental Shelf. She won't even allow it to come to a vote. With $4 gas having massively shifted public opinion in favor of domestic production, she wants to protect her Democratic members from having to cast an anti-drilling election-year vote. Moreover, given the public mood, she might even lose. This cannot be permitted. Why? Because as she explained to Politico: "I'm trying to save the planet; I'm trying to save the planet."

A lovely sentiment. But has Pelosi actually thought through the moratorium's actual effects on the planet?

Consider: 25 years ago, nearly 60 percent of U.S. petroleum was produced domestically. Today it's 25 percent. From its peak in 1970, U.S. production has declined a staggering 47 percent. The world consumes 86 million barrels a day; the United States, roughly 20 million. We need the stuff to run our cars and planes and economy. Where does it come from?

Places like Nigeria where chronic corruption, environmental neglect and resulting unrest and instability lead to pipeline explosions, oil spills and illegal siphoning by the poverty-stricken population -- which leads to more spills and explosions. Just this week, two Royal Dutch Shell pipelines had to be shut down because bombings by local militants were causing leaks into the ground.

Compare the Niger Delta to the Gulf of Mexico where deep-sea U.S. oil rigs withstood Hurricanes Katrina and Rita without a single undersea well suffering a significant spill.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/08/pelosis_moratorium_puts_planet.html

08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
From what i hear, Republicans are debating drilling now. Nancy Pelosi shut off the lights and left.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
From what i hear, Republicans are debating drilling now. Nancy Pelosi shut off the lights and left.

San Fran Nan also had the CSPAN cameras turned off

I thought Dems promised to work with the minority when they won in 2006 :laugh2:

MtnBiker
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
A few Senators want to make things happen;

'Gang of 10' fights for increased drilling
By MARTIN KADY II & PATRICK O'CONNOR

Democratic leaders, caught off guard by a swing in public opinion and undermined by some of their own members, are scrambling to run down the clock on calls to lift the ban on offshore oil drilling.

Tuesday evening, five Democratic senators met with five of their Republican colleagues to hash out a plan that would include far more drilling — from the land and from the sea — than would be allowed under any current Democratic proposal.

“There’s going to be substantially more drilling and substantially more conservation,” Sen. Mary L. Landrieu (D-La.) said of the plan her moderate colleagues are hoping to cobble together. “Democratic leaders are going to be pushed, and Republican leaders are going to be pushed.”

Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) said the new “Gang of 10” is just trying to overcome some “strongly drawn” battle lines that prevent party leaders from finding common ground.

“We’re not undermining leadership,” Nelson said. “This is not a coup.”

But Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) predicted Tuesday that 12 Democratic senators would join Republicans in voting to lift the offshore drilling ban if given the opportunity to do so.

Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), one of the lawmakers McConnell hopes to woo, said he thinks that “there should be offshore drilling, if appropriate,” but then said that he wasn’t pushing that view on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada or other Democratic leaders.

“This is so complicated,” Baucus continued. “All the measures should be there on the table.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11975.html

Not suprising, Landrieu and Baucus are up for election this year, they know what their consititutes want.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 12:45 PM
A few Senators want to make things happen;

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11975.html

Not suprising, Landrieu and Baucus are up for election this year, they know what their consititutes want.

So does Reid and Pelosi - but they would rather make the tree huggers happy

MtnBiker
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
So does Reid and Pelosi - but they would rather make the tree huggers happy

Reid is up for election in 2010. Pelosi's constitutes likey are opposed to drilling.