PDA

View Full Version : McCain Gaining?

Kathianne
07-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Perhaps:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080731/pl_bloomberg/aotfwq9kf_ly

McCain Gains on Obama in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Poll Says

Edwin ChenThu Jul 31, 6:00 AM ET

July 31 (Bloomberg) -- Republican John McCain is gaining on Democrat Barack Obama in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, three battleground states in the presidential election, according to a Quinnipiac University poll.

Florida and Ohio are ``too close to call,'' while Obama leads in Pennsylvania 49 percent to 42 percent, the poll said. In Florida and Ohio, Obama has 46 percent support to 44 percent for McCain.

In the same poll a month ago, Obama held a four-point lead in Florida, a six-point lead in Ohio and a 12-point lead in Pennsylvania, according to the poll...

retiredman
07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
as Jesse said, y'all just keep hope alive!

and hope in one hand and shit in the other, and tell me which one fills up faster!:lol:

red states rule
07-31-2008, 08:33 PM
as Jesse said, y'all just keep hope alive!

and hope in one hand and shit in the other, and tell me which one fills up faster!:lol:

Usually it is your mouth followed by your brain

retiredman
07-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Usually it is your mouth followed by your brain

and what the fuck are YOU hoping for, RSR? YOU don't like McCain (or so you say) and you don't like Obama. Who do you want to win the election? WHo will you vote FOR?

red states rule
07-31-2008, 08:36 PM
and what the fuck are YOU hoping for, RSR? YOU don't like McCain (or so you say) and you don't like Obama. Who do you want to win the election? WHo will you vote FOR?

Ah, the preacher is warming up for another sermon

You are unable to have a civil conversation no matter what the topic

retiredman
07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Ah, the preacher is warming up for another sermon

You are unable to have a civil conversation no matter what the topic

what is uncivil about my last post? I am curious as to who a "man" like you wants to win in November, given your enmity for both major party candidates. Got an answer, or will that plume of smoke out of your ass suffice?

red states rule
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
what is uncivil about my last post? I am curious as to who a "man" like you wants to win in November, given your enmity for both major party candidates. Got an answer, or will that plume of smoke out of your ass suffice?

Like you, Obama is turning off people with his arrogance and his tax and spend policies

Even Congressional Dems are worried about him acting like he has already won the election

manu1959
07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
the dems will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.....or the pubs will just cook the vote again.....

thanksgiving will be hell........

red states rule
07-31-2008, 08:46 PM
the dems will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.....or the pubs will just cook the vote again.....

thanksgiving will be hell........

and the stuffed turkey may be the Dems messiah

manu1959
07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
and the stuffed turkey may be the Dems messiah

would be interesting to have an arab american as president though....

red states rule
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM
would be interesting to have an arab american as president though....

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/141029.jpg

retiredman
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Like you, Obama is turning off people with his arrogance and his tax and spend policies

Even Congressional Dems are worried about him acting like he has already won the election

you have been predicting gloom and doom for Obama since long before Hillary dropped out of the race. Could you understand how I might not take your prognostications all that seriously? You were, if you recall, the guy who confidently predicted that Rudy Guliani would not only win the republican nomination, but would trounce all comers. You should understand why I hold my sides laughing at yet another of your predictions.:laugh2:

red states rule
07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
you have been predicting gloom and doom for Obama since long before Hillary dropped out of the race. Could you understand how I might not take your prognostications all that seriously? You were, if you recall, the guy who confidently predicted that Rudy Guliani would not only win the republican nomination, but would trounce all comers. You should understand why I hold my sides laughing at yet another of your predictions.:laugh2:

So if he doing so well, why has he lost 6 or 7 points in the last week?

I believe people will not like his huge income redistrubtion plans and massive tax increases

retiredman
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM

I believe people will not like his huge income redistrubtion plans and massive tax increases

you can believe whatever the hell you want to believe. Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is and bet me $500 that not only does Obama win but democrats gain seats in both houses of congress? yes or now?

you made that bet before and welched on it once. Will you reconsider or are you, as I suspect, all hat and no cattle?

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:02 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/124674.jpg

retiredman
07-31-2008, 09:04 PM
welcher. weasel. pussy.

RSR

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
welcher. weasel. pussy.

RSR

Rev MFM now gives another sermon from the book of liberal tolerance

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/128422.jpg

retiredman
07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Rev MFM now gives another sermon from the book of liberal tolerance

I tolerate your backing out of our wager, RSR. I expect it. You are a poor excuse for a human and obviously have no sense of morality such that when you make a wager, you keep your end of the bargain. I accept that. You are a sinner...and so am I. I, on the other hand, have never been a weasel and backed out of a bet - you have. You will have to explain that sin at judgment day as I will have to explain mine. But here and now...you're a welcher and I am not.
:laugh2:

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:13 PM
I tolerate your backing out of our wager, RSR. I expect it. You are a poor excuse for a human and obviously have no sense of morality such that when you make a wager, you keep your end of the bargain. I accept that. You are a sinner...and so am I. I, on the other hand, have never been a weasel and backed out of a bet - you have. You will have to explain that sin at judgment day as I will have to explain mine. But here and now...you're a welcher and I am not.
:laugh2:

Keep trying to derail another thread. Maybe you will be removed from posting here and it can continue with people who want to discuss the topic

retiredman
07-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Keep trying to derail another thread. Maybe you will be removed from posting here and it can continue with people who want to discuss the topic

hey...McCain is gaining. for a guy who is on record as not supporting McCain, I find it hard to understand why you think that is good news. As to our wager. I only gave you the opportunity to re-establish it and thus wipe out your status as a welcher. If you would prefer not to discuss your welching status, I completely understand. We'll say no more...

but that doesn't change the fact that you welched on a bet.

fuckin' welcher asshole loser. :lol:

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
hey...McCain is gaining. for a guy who is on record as not supporting McCain, I find it hard to understand why you think that is good news. As to our wager. I only gave you the opportunity to re-establish it and thus wipe out your status as a welcher. If you would prefer not to discuss your welching status, I completely understand. We'll say no more...

but that doesn't change the fact that you welched on a bet.

fuckin' welcher asshole loser. :lol:

As I have said, McCain is the lesser of two evils. Obama will take us back to the dark days of Peanut Carter. More taxes and more redistribution of wealth. Soft on terrorists and terrorism

retiredman
07-31-2008, 09:20 PM
As I have said, McCain is the lesser of two evils. Obama will take us back to the dark days of Peanut Carter. More taxes and more redistribution of wealth. Soft on terrorists and terrorism
so, to avoid that, you will be voting for McCain, I take it?

welcher.

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
so, to avoid that, you will be voting for McCain, I take it?

welcher.

I am not voting for either one. But Obama is the worst of the two

retiredman
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
I am not voting for either one. But Obama is the worst of the two

why would you not cast a vote when there was a a chance that your non-voting would possibly elect trhe worse(not worst) of the two?

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:27 PM
why would you not cast a vote when there was a a chance that your non-voting would possibly elect trhe worse(not worst) of the two?

Because McCain is to liberal for me. I will not compromise my principals to win an election

If Obama gets in he will be a one term failure like Carter was

retiredman
07-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Because McCain is to liberal for me. I will not compromise my principals to win an election

If Obama gets in he will be a one term failure like Carter was

do you WANT our next president to be a failure?

red states rule
07-31-2008, 09:29 PM
do you WANT our next president to be a failure?

No

But Obama's policies will make him a failure

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 07:50 AM

Well, let's see here...

On the one hand, you got McCain. Sure, he's older'n dirt, but he's sharper than most 72 year old guys.

Okay, he's not really a conservative and on many issues you can't tell him apart from Obama.

Okay, so he forgets stuff in the Middle East, like which one is Iran and which one is Iraq.

Yeah, so his wife looks like one of those Stepford Wives on amphetamines.

All right, so maybe he wants to keep fighting wars in the Middle East. Somebody's gotta kick some ass over there, don't they? If we don't fight 'em in the streets of Baghdad, we'll be fightin' 'em on the streets of Cleveland.

John McCain has experience.
That's all you need to know. Vote McCain.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Well, let's see here...

On the one hand, you got McCain. Sure, he's older'n dirt, but he's sharper than most 72 year old guys.

Okay, he's not really a conservative and on many issues you can't tell him apart from Obama.

Okay, so he forgets stuff in the Middle East, like which one is Iran and which one is Iraq.

Yeah, so his wife looks like one of those Stepford Wives on amphetamines.

All right, so maybe he wants to keep fighting wars in the Middle East. Somebody's gotta kick some ass over there, don't they? If we don't fight 'em in the streets of Baghdad, we'll be fightin' 'em on the streets of Cleveland.

John McCain has experience.
That's all you need to know. Vote McCain.

Bottom line is, voters are seeing the arogance of your messiah, and they do not like his huge income redistrbution plans

When this idiot bellows all we need to do is inflate our tires so we do not have to drill for oil - he is showing how stupid he really is

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 07:58 AM

Remind me not to make any election bets with ol' RSR.

Welshing on a bet is pretty low.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Remind me not to make any election bets with ol' RSR.

Welshing on a bet is pretty low.

Like MFM, trying to change the subject when the facts get in your way

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Bottom line is, voters are seeing the arogance of your messiah, and they do not like his huge income redistrbution plans

When this idiot bellows all we need to do is inflate our tires so we do not have to drill for oil - he is showing how stupid he really is

If I was a conservative, I'd be voting for Bob Barr.

If I was a Republican (which I'm not any more, thanks to the moron who currently is taking up space in the Oval Office), I'd probably be voting for McCain, but without much enthusiasm.

But if I were a Democrat (which I am, thanks to the moron who currently is taking up space in the Oval Office), I'd be voting for Obama with a lot of enthusiasm.

Who do you think the independents will go for? If you ask asny of the right-wing residents of this rest stop on the information highway, they'll tell you all the independents will be going for McCain. But then, they tend to look at things through those special dittohead glasses that Rush Limbaugh distributes.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 08:11 AM

If I was a Republican (which I'm not any more, thanks to the moron who currently is taking up space in the Oval Office), I'd probably be voting for McCain, but without much enthusiasm.

But if I were a Democrat (which I am, thanks to the moron who currently is taking up space in the Oval Office), I'd be voting for Obama with a lot of enthusiasm.

Who do you think the independents will go for? If you ask asny of the right-wing residents of this rest stop on the information highway, they'll tell you all the independents will be going for McCain. But then, they tend to look at things through those special dittohead glasses that Rush Limbaugh distributes.

Polls show your messiah is still loing the white male vote and is not doing well with independents

Again, Obama ran has a far leftie in the primaries, and is now trying to run as a moderate

He has pissed off a portion of his base, has not unified the Dem party, and continues to show his arrogance and lack of knowledge of basic economics

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Like MFM, trying to change the subject when the facts get in your way

Cripes, buddy, it's one thing to be a blustery, right-wing blowhard.

But when you make a bet on an election, be a man and honor it.

You probably have the attitude, "It's just the Internet...I'll never see that guy...it doesn't matter."

It does matter.

Everything we do has consequences.

Yurt
08-01-2008, 08:14 AM

for someone who claims to be a former repub but switch parties based on one person...it is passing strange that you insult repubs so much...

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 08:18 AM
for someone who claims to be a former repub but switch parties based on one person...it is passing strange that you insult repubs so much...

Can't help it....they're such inviting targets.

Larry Craig.......Ted Stevens.......Vitter......Bush........Rush Limpnutz.......

red states rule
08-01-2008, 08:19 AM

Larry Craig.......Ted Stevens.......Vitter......Bush........Rush Limpnutz.......

and then you have Wright, Rezko, Ayers, William Jefferson, ........

Yurt
08-01-2008, 08:20 AM

how compassionate liberal

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 08:26 AM
how compassionate liberal

I have a lot of compassion for Republicans. They're heading for a train wreck in the November elections. There'll be a lot of whining in the years ahead.

It's time to rebuild the party from the ground up, decide what Republicans believe in, and take it from there.

The Dems may be on top in November, but American politics is cyclical......

Have faith, stick to your principles, and you'll be back on top before long.

And maybe I'll vote Republican once again.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 08:35 AM
I have a lot of compassion for Republicans. They're heading for a train wreck in the November elections. There'll be a lot of whining in the years ahead.

It's time to rebuild the party from the ground up, decide what Republicans believe in, and take it from there.

The Dems may be on top in November, but American politics is cyclical......

Have faith, stick to your principles, and you'll be back on top before long.

And maybe I'll vote Republican once again.

With Obama being the second coming of Peanut Carter we will only have to go through 4 long years like we did between 1976 to 1980

Yurt
08-01-2008, 08:38 AM
http://bitsblog.florack.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/carter-peanut.jpg

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 08:43 AM
With Obama being the second coming of Peanut Carter we will only have to go through 4 long years like we did between 1976 to 1980

Guys: I know you'd really like Obama to be another Jimmy Carter, but don't be disappointed if Obama turns out to be (shock!) competent.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 08:43 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_iKcZ3qcCmyo/SAfLB5cwf6I/AAAAAAAAG2I/RzKi1ISvu50/s400/BushIsWorst.jpg

Yurt
08-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Guys: I know you'd really like Obama to be another Jimmy Carter, but don't be disappointed if Obama turns out to be (shock!) competent.

hey whatzanager

red states rule
08-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Need I remind you how bad Peanut Carter lost in 1980?

OK I will remind you

http://www.presidentelect.org/images/e1980_ecmap.GIF

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Need I remind you how bad Peanut Carter lost in 1980?

OK I will remind you

http://www.presidentelect.org/images/e1980_ecmap.GIF

You're like a bunch of old guys in the retirement home, reminiscing about the good old days.

"Remember when Reagan trashed Carter in '80? Boy howdy, wasn't that a time?"

This is 2008, boys. It's not 1980, and Barack Obama is no Jimmy Carter.

red states rule
08-01-2008, 08:55 AM
You're like a bunch of old guys in the retirement home, reminiscing about the good old days.

"Remember when Reagan trashed Carter in '80? Boy howdy, wasn't that a time?"

This is 2008, boys. It's not 1980, and Barack Obama is no Jimmy Carter.

You are the one who said Peanut Boy was competnet. I am showing you how you are in the tiny minority

Like Peanut, your boy want to raise taxes in a slow economy, do nothing to increase the supply of oil, increase government spending, appease terrorists, and have the government take over private sector businesses

Yes, Obama will be Peanut's second term

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 09:51 AM
You are the one who said Peanut Boy was competnet. I am showing you how you are in the tiny minority

Like Peanut, your boy want to raise taxes in a slow economy, do nothing to increase the supply of oil, increase government spending, appease terrorists, and have the government take over private sector businesses

Yes, Obama will be Peanut's second term

Hello.......?

I never said Jimmy Carter was competent.

And Barack Obama is no Jimmy Carter.

But I don't expect some of you hard-core dittoheads to accept that.

I merely sow my seeds of truth. If they find good soil, they will flourish....

stephanie
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Hello.......?

:rolleyes::tinfoil:

red states rule
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Hello.......?

More like spreading the fertilizer