PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With This? Given: Obama Wins

Kathianne
07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
So wtf is going on here? http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/07/obama-mccain-po.html

Top of the Ticket

« Who's gonna be the No. 2 for McCain and Obama? | Main | 'Race card' dealt by Barack Obama, a John McCain aide charges »
Where did Barack Obama's mojo go?

Something's going on. Or some things.

A new CNN/Opinion Research poll out Wednesday shows that despite nine solid days of blanket media coverage from overseas with Barack Obama cheered by adoring throngs of Germans and parlez-vousing with the French, making a three-point shot in the Middle East and standing outside No. 10 Downing Street, the freshman Illinois Democratic presidential nominee to be Senator Barack Obama of Illinois stayed static in the polls despite his well-covered long foreign tripsenator is stuck right where he was in the polls before he left.

No bounce. Not even a roll.

He still leads Republican Sen. John McCain 51% to 44%. But it's the same 51-44 as last time.

A CNN poll average shows an even slimmer 48-45 Obama lead, dangerously close for an experienced opponent who relishes being the underdog.

"Obama has not picked up any ground against McCain on foreign issues," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "And some 52% think McCain would do a better job than Obama on the war in Iraq -- virtually the same number who felt that way in April."

Other polls show the same stubborn one-digit lead holding for the Democratic nominee-to-be with only 96 days left until the general election. Some crucial state polls even show McCain gaining.

Obama seems to have everything going for him. A fresh face. A smooth, cadenced speaking style suited for TV. A message of change at a time when Americans historically favor change, after one party holds the White House for two terms. And after several convictions of GOP legislators.

Obama's got tons of money. An attractive family. Energized followers. A media that's curious about the new guy and tired of ...

... the dogged old POW one. High gas prices, a poor housing market, a two-front war ongoing and a slightly sagging economy, all of which should help political challengers. Not to mention an unpopular incumbent president.

A lead's a lead, but political strategists are puzzled...:cheers2:

stephanie
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/289959688_8fc76e3cda_s.jpg

retiredman
07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
an inch is as good as a mile:laugh2:

emmett
07-31-2008, 09:29 PM
an inch is as good as a mile:laugh2:

Not with hand grenades.

DragonStryk72
07-31-2008, 10:07 PM
I can save you a ton on research for this election: Take out a coin, flip it, and call it in the air. that's what every poll keep saying.

retiredman
07-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Not with hand grenades.
are you advocating violence?

stephanie
07-31-2008, 10:38 PM
are you advocating violence?

OH FER CRYING OUT LOUD.....here I am advocating violence, let me slap the shit out of you.......:slap:sheeeeesh

GW in Ohio
08-01-2008, 07:41 AM
So wtf is going on here? http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/07/obama-mccain-po.html

Yeah, McCain's got a real chance to be president. All the old folks in the retirement villages are solid for him.

And when he adds Mitt to the ticket, he'll have the Mormon vote locked up.

But I keep hearing these disquieting rumors that the conservatives don't like him.

And who's this Bob Barr guy?

stephanie
08-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, McCain's got a real chance to be president. All the old folks in the retirement villages are solid for him.

And when he adds Mitt to the ticket, he'll have the Mormon vote locked up.

But I keep hearing these disquieting rumors that the conservatives don't like him.

And who's this Bob Barr guy?

McCain has as much chance to be President as the little boy wonder, if not more..

So..you might not want to blow all your wad just yet..:poke: