PDA

View Full Version : Obama plays race card

Yurt
07-31-2008, 11:56 PM
obama stoops to a new low in my book....

WASHINGTON - John McCain accused Barack Obama of playing politics with race on Thursday, raising the explosive issue after the first black candidate with a serious chance of winning the White House claimed Republicans will try to scare voters by saying he "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

"Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck. It's divisive, negative, shameful and wrong."

"What they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_race

seems you can't touch obama and if you do, you are a racist...

actsnoblemartin
08-01-2008, 12:01 AM
no he doesnt :laugh2:

he puts it down and holds onto it, like when a guy makes a bad move in chess but convinces you he didnt put the piece down for long

:dance:

WASHINGTON - John McCain accused Barack Obama of playing politics with race on Thursday, raising the explosive issue after the first black candidate with a serious chance of winning the White House claimed Republicans will try to scare voters by saying he "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

"Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck. It's divisive, negative, shameful and wrong."

"What they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

red states rule
08-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Is the messiah getting fustrated he is not way ahead in the polls? Obama did pull off a triple play by dealing out the race card 3 times in 3 speeches yesterday

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Barack Obama and John McCain traded old-school political jabs Thursday, with McCain contending that he had been wrongly accused of planning a racial attack and Obama countering that his opponent was inventing a controversy to avoid talking about the issues.

After months of contending that their campaigns would eschew personal attacks as part of a new kind of politics, the presumptive presidential nominees of the major parties turned nasty over what Obama meant when he said McCain and other Republicans would try to scare voters by pointing out that the Democratic candidate "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

McCain took on the role of aggrieved victim, his campaign waiting almost a day after Obama's remarks to charge that he had injected race into the presidential campaign. "Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck. Its divisive, negative, shameful and wrong," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said.

Obama, smarting from McCain's constant thumping about a first-term senator's thin resume wrapped inside a charismatic speaking style, countered that being black had nothing to do with his prediction of the nature of attacks yet to come. However, comparing his looks to those of presidents on U.S. currency — all white men — gave his opponents a chance to say the man who would be the first black president was subtly charging racism.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080731/ap_on_el_pr/obama

darin
08-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Isn't his mother or father White?

Has he EVER said he's proud of being WHITE, too? Has he ever refered to himself as a WHITE man AND a Black man?

red states rule
08-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Isn't his mother or father White?

Has he EVER said he's proud of being WHITE, too? Has he ever refered to himself as a WHITE man AND a Black man?

Desperate people do desperate things. Hell, even the libs on the Chris Matthews show said he was playing the race card (Chris is on vacation otherwise at least one person would be on Obama's side)

That is how bad things are going for the messiah

Yurt
08-01-2008, 07:50 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16406

red states rule
08-01-2008, 07:51 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16406

OK, you beat me to the punch. I will PM a mod and have them merge the threads

Yurt
08-01-2008, 08:06 AM
i don't care if they are merged...

seems like anytime you disagree with obama you are a hate monger and/or racist

red states rule
08-01-2008, 08:08 AM
i don't care if they are merged...

seems like anytime you disagree with obama you are a hate monger and/or racist

That is on page 2 of the Dem playbook :laugh2:

Yurt
08-01-2008, 08:15 AM
maybe they will make it law that i am forced to listen to obama everyday...thats "fair" right....

theHawk
08-01-2008, 08:23 AM

Disgusting. When have the Republicans ever came out and said "Ohh...he's got a funny name, a muslim one. He doesn't 'look Presidential because of his skin color"? Its absolutely dispicable for him to accuse everyone and anyone who opposes him of saying these things.

Is this what he is going to do as President every time someone critizes him and his policies? "Oh, they're only saying that because I have a funny name, because 'I'm not one of them'". We don't want a fucking crybaby as President who is going to whine every time someone picks on him. Get handle the heat? Get out of the kitchen!

Yurt
08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Disgusting. When have the Republicans ever came out and said "Ohh...he's got a funny name, a muslim one. He doesn't 'look Presidential because of his skin color"? Its absolutely dispicable for him to accuse everyone and anyone who opposes him of saying these things.

Is this what he is going to do as President every time someone critizes him and his policies? "Oh, they're only saying that because I have a funny name, because 'I'm not one of them'". We don't want a fucking crybaby as President who is going to whine every time someone picks on him. Get handle the heat? Get out of the kitchen!

so because he is black you assume he belongs in the kitchen...racist :laugh2:

yours truly,

droolingobamafan

red states rule
08-01-2008, 09:21 AM
What a shocker! DNCTV says McCain is playing the race card

In Race Debate, Media Point Finger at McCain
By Mark Finkelstein (Bio | Archive)
August 1, 2008 - 09:12 ET

And I thought David Shuster was in the tank . . .

Thank you, Andrea Mitchell. No, really, I mean it. Thank you for providing some of the clearest evidence yet of just how much the press corps following Barack Obama has blinders on for its man. Mitchell has let it be known that "the people covering the campaign" don't think Obama played the race card with his currency crack. Andrea appeared on Morning Joe today just before 8 AM EDT.

ANDREA MITCHELL: I have to tell you that the people who heard Barack Obama say what he said Wednesday night—and it's very similar to things he's said in Paris and Berlin and a lot of other stops—it's very self-deprecating. He says "I don't look like other people who have been President of the United States," most people who watched that, I don't know very many people who've watched that, and the people in the audience, the reporters, have never interpreted it, have never inferred from that, that he is making some kind of racial statement, but that's the way the McCain camp says that they took it, and Rick Davis by putting it out there, sure --

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Andrea, excuse me for a minute. How can it be self-deprecating when he says, when Barack Obama says, that John McCain's camp is going to say "I look different"? Or when he says they're going to try to scare you because I'm black. How is that--because I've heard "self-deprecating" a couple times--how in the hell is that self-deprecating?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/08/01/mitchell-people-covering-campaign-dont-think-obama-played-race-car

hjmick
08-01-2008, 10:02 AM

Obama repeats this mantra at every opportuniy, at every rally, anytime a camera is rolling. He repeats it so often, it may as well be his campaign slogan. Interestingly, neither he nor his handlers can point to one instance where the McCain camp has actually resorted to this line of attack. So why does he continue bring it up? Why even mention it?

The reason is simple, if he repeats it often enough, people, especially the Obamanauts, will believe it actually happened. You know what they say, if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes truth.

He himself probably believes it has happened, and we see evidence every day that others believe it. His has more than likely convinced himself that others have played the race card when the reality is, he is the one who played the race card. He played it first, he played it fast, and he played it against himself.

Immanuel
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
It is not like this wasn't expected.

He will play the "They won't vote for me because I am black" guilt trip all the way to November. By the time November swings around any of us who are white and not voting for him for any reason at all, will have been called racists so many times they will have us believing it if they can.

It won't matter if you won't vote for him because he's a Democrat or a liberal or an egomaniac or for what ever reason it might be. I'm not voting for him because he is a member of the establishment. Maybe you have not voted for a Democrat in your entire life, but you will be accused of not voting for him, because he is black.

This egomaniac thinks everyone would vote for him if he were white. After all he is such a likeable guy.

Immie

darin
08-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Liberals place MORE value on "Personality" than "Character"

Kathianne
08-01-2008, 10:24 AM

Heck they place more value on 'feelings' than issues. He makes them 'feel good.'

midcan5
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I have to say that John McCain using this tactic is a bit amazing, didn't the republicans use it on him in 2000? How quickly some forget and forgive but using it on Obama is the height of hypocrisy.

midcan5
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM

You mean like ditching your wife who raised your children and marrying a rich woman? Is that your definition of character?

jimnyc
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
You mean like ditching your wife who raised your children and marrying a rich woman? Is that your definition of character?

Or being a racist belonging to a racist church and having a racist as your spiritual advisor? And then throw racist relatives under the bus?

red states rule
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Heck they place more value on 'feelings' than issues. He makes them 'feel good.'

I have not seen any women fainting lately? Perhaps the glow is wearing off the messiah

red states rule
08-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Or being a racist belonging to a racist church and having a racist as your spiritual advisor? And then throw racist relatives under the bus?

Or terrorist friends that blew up government buildings?

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 05:46 AM
JFK often referred to his Catholicism and asked the voters to explain any adverse feelings toward it. Richard Nixon often referred to his Quaker background and asked the voters to ignore the implication and vote on their feelings toward racial issues at the time. Obama certainly has the right to refer to his bi-racial heritage and ask the voters to discuss and decide.

If English is your second language I can assume your questions are given in honesty and without overtone. If English is your language in the first sense, and you insist the Obama remarks were somehow racist, I would suggest that you have problems that language alone cannot properly address.

Hit it, Domino, Wut's dat you said, Mama?: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-02-2008, 06:00 AM
JFK often referred to his Catholicism and asked the voters to explain any adverse feelings toward it. Richard Nixon often referred to his Quaker background and asked the voters to ignore the implication and vote on their feelings toward racial issues at the time. Obama certainly has the right to refer to his bi-racial heritage and ask the voters to discuss and decide.

If English is your second language I can assume your questions are given in honesty and without overtone. If English is your language in the first sense, and you insist the Obama remarks were somehow racist, I would suggest that you have problems that language alone cannot properly address.

Hit it, Domino, Wut's dat you said, Mama?: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Then why did your messiah deny he was talking about his race? Why did his staff express outrage when McCain siad they were playing the race card?

However, now the top guy in the Obama campaign ADMITS the messiah was talking about his race

Looks like McCain was right on this one all along

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16445

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 07:20 AM
He did not mention race at all, rsr. He merely pointed out his differences as related to all previous presidents. That is a valid point of answering contention, isn't it?

Then why did your messiah deny he was talking about his race? Why did his staff express outrage when McCain siad they were playing the race card?

However, now the top guy in the Obama campaign ADMITS the messiah was talking about his race

Looks like McCain was right on this one all along

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16445

Like I said, if the English language is your first language and you still have problems, you may have problems with which language alone cannot solve for you. Maybe a doctor or spitual advisor can help you, rsr. I don't think this message board will satisfy your needs at all.

Hit it, Lefty, Give Me Something I Can Believe In: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-02-2008, 07:23 AM
He did not mention race at all, rsr. He merely pointed out his differences as related to all previous presidents. That is a valid point of answering contention, isn't it?

Like I said, if the English language is your first language and you still have problems, you may have problems with which language alone cannot solve for you. Maybe a doctor or spitual advisor can help you, rsr. I don't think this message board will satisfy your needs at all.

Hit it, Lefty, Give Me Something I Can Believe In: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PB, you are going against what the Obama people are saying. I know your messiah is all over the map on the issues, and you can't keep up when he "refines" his comments, and flip flops - but read the link I provided

He was talking about his race. He played the race card and campaign admitted so

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 07:30 AM
I read it, lil' one. You seem to have a problem. Do you care to verbalize it or do you wish to carry on your ridiculous diatribe?

red states rule
08-02-2008, 07:32 AM
I read it, lil' one. You seem to have a problem. Do you care to verbalize it or do you wish to carry on your ridiculous diatribe?

To Obama Kool Aid drinkers facts are an emeny amd the truth is a menace

Even when Obama's #1 guy on his staff confesses, you still can;t admit your boy played the race card

Amazing

No wonder Obama's lead in the polls is shrinking

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 07:42 AM
I even went back and reread the article you posted, rsr. You don't make shit for sense to me?!?!?!?!???!?!?

To Obama Kool Aid drinkers facts are an emeny amd the truth is a menace
Even when Obama's #1 guy on his staff confesses, you still can;t admit your boy played the race card
Amazing
No wonder Obama's lead in the polls is shrinking

Do you always attempt to hijack your own threads? That was rhetorical, rsr. In other words, for your feeble mind, you don't really need to answer it. I already know the answer, dig it?

Hit it, Ray Price, I Won't Mention It Again: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-02-2008, 07:45 AM
I even went back and reread the article you posted, rsr. You don't make shit for sense to me?!?!?!?!???!?!?

Do you always attempt to hijack your own threads? That was rhetorical, rsr. In other words, for your feeble mind, you don't really need to answer it. I already know the answer, dig it?

Hit it, Ray Price, I Won't Mention It Again: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

few things satisfy like the sight of squirming o-bots

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 07:50 AM
I see you are still squirreling around the substance and gist of the conversation, rsr.

few things satisfy like the sight of squirming o-bots

Nothing new about that, is there?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Hit it, Lyle, God Will But I Won't (Forgive You That Is): :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-02-2008, 07:53 AM
I see you are still squirreling around the substance and gist of the conversation, rsr.

Nothing new about that, is there?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Hit it, Lyle, God Will But I Won't (Forgive You That Is): :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Obuma is deflating quicker than a Macy's Day Parade Balloon

He is set yto have a PC, I wonder how hard the liberal media will grill him on his new flip flops and true confessions? :laugh2:

They probably will blame McCain for them

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 08:06 AM
You do realize, rsr, there is a point where your sillyness is no longer entertaining?!?!?!?????!?

Obuma is deflating quicker than a Macy's Day Parade Balloon

He is set yto have a PC, I wonder how hard the liberal media will grill him on his new flip flops and true confessions? :laugh2:

They probably will blame McCain for them

Eat more shit, cowgirl. You'll do the world a favor and die much younger!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Merle, Today I Started Lovin' You Again: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Ain't love grand, rsr?

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Don't worry about it, ******. He hasn't been here for more than an hour now and that's a record for that jerk in this type argument, isn't it? I've told you before, I prefer keeping these conversations on the board. I think the system works better that way, don't you?

Hit it, Stones, I Can't Get No Satisfaction: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

:)

Yurt
08-02-2008, 10:47 AM

don't be obtuse psycho....

now why would anyone make people scared of him if he doesn't look the other presidents....