PDA

View Full Version : The Accomplishments Of Republican Economic Policy

midcan5
08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Jobs increased during most of Clinton's presidency. Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr enacted policies - anti regulation, anti labor, pro business outsourcing - that have lost more jobs than one can shake the perennial stick at!

U.S. Economy Loses Another 51,000 Jobs By Peter Morici

"Today, the Labor Department reported the economy lost 51,000 payroll jobs in July, after losing 51,000 jobs in June. Economists expected a 75,000 loss in June. My forecast was for a 60,000 loss.

Governments added 25,000. Factoring out government employment, which is fairly steady in times of economic distress, the private sector bled 76,000 jobs.

Over the last seven months the economy has lost 463,000 jobs. The banking crisis, high oil prices and the large trade deficit with China are causing employers to relocate to Asia rather than struggle in the U.S. tsunami."

http://www.counterpunch.org/morici08012008.html

DragonStryk72
08-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Now hold on there a moment. I'll give you the Clinton presidency, fine (during which the GOP was formed by Newt Gingrich.). However, Clinton also created the problems that have gone along with NAFTA, so he doesn't get off scott free just cause he had a temp success. Hell, even Hilary's spoken against it now.

Now, onto the main event: Aside from W, all of the Rep presidents you mention also had a Democratic congress, since the Dems had a 30 year majority on the seats prior to 9/11, and it is the congress, not the president, that enacts and passes bills.

Now, as for GW, as I've said to you previously, he is neither conservative, nor republican, as he fits neither definition of the terms. As well, for the past two years, the economy has continued to have trouble, only problem there being that the Dems have control of the Senate, so again, throwing it to Republican's feet is just wrong.

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
You don't have to lie to make your point, ds'72. The Republicans held the House and controlled the Senate from 1994 until 2006. Even in 2001 and 2003 Cheney held the tie breaking vote in the Senate.

The woes of the American economy, world reputation, military failures, etc., can be lain squarely at the feet of the Republicans. Even Alan Greenspan said that Bill Clinton was the only prez he'd ever worked for, and he worked for all of them back to JFK, that actually understood the economy and about everything else. Give the man his due, ds'72, you really don't have to lie!!!!!!

Hit it Eagles, You Can't Hide Your Lyin' Eyes: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

emmett
08-02-2008, 12:55 AM
You don't have to lie to make your point, ds'72. The Republicans held the House and controlled the Senate from 1994 until 2006. Even in 2001 and 2003 Cheney held the tie breaking vote in the Senate.

The woes of the American economy, world reputation, military failures, etc., can be lain squarely at the feet of the Republicans. Even Alan Greenspan said that Bill Clinton was the only prez he'd ever worked for, and he worked for all of them back to JFK, that actually understood the economy and about everything else. Give the man his due, ds'72, you really don't have to lie!!!!!!

Hit it Eagles, You Can't Hide Your Lyin' Eyes: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

How many tiebreaking votes did Cheney cast? On what?

Who implemented NAFTA, which is of course the MAJOR cause of our economic woes at this time? (Alan Greenspan was very critical of it then and now, as everyone here knows)

When someone is mistaken, why do they have be a liar Psycho? Isn't that a bit extreme. Could it not be possible that DS72 was just........mistaken, which he was in his statement that democrats had controlled the house during the 90's. They did not. We all know Newt was majority leader. In any case, democrats and republicans have fucked up the economy and continue to point fingers at each other as do we here.

Why do we continue to buy cheap ass Chinese products anyway?

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 02:24 AM
ds'72 made his false statement with emphasis and self perceived authority, emmie. Throwing those rocks ain't gonna help in this conversation.

How many tiebreaking votes did Cheney cast? On what?

Who implemented NAFTA, which is of course the MAJOR cause of our economic woes at this time? (Alan Greenspan was very critical of it then and now, as everyone here knows)

When someone is mistaken, why do they have be a liar Psycho? Isn't that a bit extreme. Could it not be possible that DS72 was just........mistaken, which he was in his statement that democrats had controlled the house during the 90's. They did not. We all know Newt was majority leader. In any case, democrats and republicans have fucked up the economy and continue to point fingers at each other as do we here.

Why do we continue to buy cheap ass Chinese products anyway?

As far as the Chinese merchandise is concerned, Americans have closed their textile mills and factories, moved their machine shops and production lines and you know that I've said it before, emmie. I don't know what to think about a country that cannot even produce the uniforms and footwear of it's own military. Now that is a security risk if there ever was one!!!!!!! For what? Union busting and cheap labor? Keeping the workforce off balance and under the thumb of the genius bean counters? What about all the IT stuff going to the Phillipines and India? What about the ever growing foreign ownership of all kinds of otherwise American entities that are absolutely vital to the health and good will of THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!! Please, emmie, don't even get me started!!!!!!!! It's all about the freedom and liberty of capitalism that has no alliance with the people that have made that freedom and liberty even possible for those jerks!!!!!! mumble, mumble, mumble

Hit it again, Johnny, Take This Job And SHOVE IT: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Fortunately for me, emmie, I can truly say that to anyone I please at any time I please. It hasn't always been that way for me and it still isn't even a consideration for most if not all of the hardworking Americans with which I choose to associate myself. Dig it?

08-02-2008, 03:00 AM
Midcan opposes energy independence and then wonders why people are losing jobs when the gas prices, the blood of our economy, is through the roof.

If you care so much about jobs, how about you stop trying to blame someone and you support real answers. Support drilling. Support the use of every type of energy source. Support the development of more efficient technology (technology that can be reached). If our economy isnt dependent on the middle east to survive, It wont be so volitile. Stable economies create more jobs.

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Midcan opposes energy independence and then wonders why people are losing jobs when the gas prices, the blood of our economy, is through the roof.

If you care so much about jobs, how about you stop trying to blame someone and you support real answers. Support drilling. Support the use of every type of energy source. Support the development of more efficient technology (technology that can be reached). If our economy isnt dependent on the middle east to survive, It wont be so volitile. Stable economies create more jobs.

You are correct, to a point. I think we will see the US opening up our potential, which will benefit us greatly. However, it will not cover us and our allies, thus the ME and South America remain players, via OPEC. Should we worry about Japan or Europe? I dunno, but I do know they will be competing with China and India, thus in all likelihood we will not write off the ME.

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 03:19 AM
The governors, mostly republican, are not wanting the drilling off their coasts. Drilling, as is recognised by all responsible interested professionals, is not the answer. To insist is ignorant at best but simple sillyness is the most likely answer to that.

Hit it, Hank, I Got A Hot Rod Ford And A Two Dollar Bill: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

DragonStryk72
08-02-2008, 09:34 AM
ds'72 made his false statement with emphasis and self perceived authority, emmie. Throwing those rocks ain't gonna help in this conversation.

As far as the Chinese merchandise is concerned, Americans have closed their textile mills and factories, moved their machine shops and production lines and you know that I've said it before, emmie. I don't know what to think about a country that cannot even produce the uniforms and footwear of it's own military. Now that is a security risk if there ever was one!!!!!!! For what? Union busting and cheap labor? Keeping the workforce off balance and under the thumb of the genius bean counters? What about all the IT stuff going to the Phillipines and India? What about the ever growing foreign ownership of all kinds of otherwise American entities that are absolutely vital to the health and good will of THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!! Please, emmie, don't even get me started!!!!!!!! It's all about the freedom and liberty of capitalism that has no alliance with the people that have made that freedom and liberty even possible for those jerks!!!!!! mumble, mumble, mumble

Hit it again, Johnny, Take This Job And SHOVE IT: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Fortunately for me, emmie, I can truly say that to anyone I please at any time I please. It hasn't always been that way for me and it still isn't even a consideration for most if not all of the hardworking Americans with which I choose to associate myself. Dig it?

Okay, I was mistaken on one point, sorry bout that, thank you for lending more credence to my argument, PB. If a majority of republicans control Congress under a Democratic President, it's the same thing as Democratic control of the Congress in a Republican presidency. Thanks for playing though.

As I've said time and again, both sides caused this problem, not just one. Midcan is the one who decided to give a declarative, so I stepped in to correct it. Now, funny how he's not a liar, although he is wrong. That makes you a hypocrite, by definition, and there's nothing really special about that, it's just kind of sad.

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Hypocrite? Haven't you demonstrated quite clearly your own hypocrisy? I make no point for you, ds'72. You make your own points without any shame. Now, that really is "sad"!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I was mistaken on one point, sorry bout that, thank you for lending more credence to my argument, PB. If a majority of republicans control Congress under a Democratic President, it's the same thing as Democratic control of the Congress in a Republican presidency. Thanks for playing though.

As I've said time and again, both sides caused this problem, not just one. Midcan is the one who decided to give a declarative, so I stepped in to correct it. Now, funny how he's not a liar, although he is wrong. That makes you a hypocrite, by definition, and there's nothing really special about that, it's just kind of sad.

I wish you the best although I realize the best for you may not be what I consider the best for me. The line between indoctrination and understanding is thin, ds'72. It is certainly, as the adult I assume you to be, your choice as to which side of that line you wish to stand on.

Do you have any comments about the short speech that I gave to emmie? Or anything else that I may have said that rattles your tail? We can have an intelligent and productive conversation, ds'72. Now is your chance to bring it all out!!!!!!!!

In the meantime,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hit it, Daffy, Quack, Quack Quack Quack Quack: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

DragonStryk72
08-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Hypocrite? Haven't you demonstrated quite clearly your own hypocrisy? I make no point for you, ds'72. You make your own points without any shame. Now, that really is "sad"!!!!!!!!!

I wish you the best although I realize the best for you may not be what I consider the best for me. The line between indoctrination and understanding is thin, ds'72. It is certainly, as the adult I assume you to be, your choice as to which side of that line you wish to stand on.

Do you have any comments about the short speech that I gave to emmie? Or anything else that I may have said that rattles your tail? We can have an intelligent and productive conversation, ds'72. Now is your chance to bring it all out!!!!!!!!

In the meantime,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hit it, Daffy, Quack, Quack Quack Quack Quack: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Um, based off a rant you had about outsourcing? Yeah, I instead decided to answer what you wrote about me. Again, show how those bills got passed without both sides screwing us. You seem to have this thought in you head the Dems are somehow blameless in the midst of all this.

Okay, so here's my take on it: Our government is not effective at running businesses, it just isn't. There was a line from the movie Dave, "If I ran my business like this... I'd be out of business". We overspend, then simply print more money, or we make the deficit bigger, so inflation goes up. then we have overzealous unions that have pumped up the wages of the producer employees so much that it is literally cheaper to produce the item in China, ship it around the world, and put it in the store, than it would be to produce it down the street from the store it would be produced in. Add to that the insane business taxes our companies are forced to pay, and you get the general picture of why we're not attracting production.

How in the world do you think the government that caused most of this, Republican and democrat, is going to mystically fix this?

You called me on one factual error, but yet, you let Midcan start this whole thing on false premise, and still you say nothing about him, cause he's on your "side". That's hypocrisy, unlike me, how I've maintained repeatedly that our problems are birthed by both parties, not just one or the other.