PDA

View Full Version : A Flip, A Flop, Perhaps a Pirouette?

Kathianne
08-01-2008, 11:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_el_pr/obama

Who says this guy lacks experience? He seems as nimble as they come:

Obama shifts, says he may back offshore drilling

By MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press WriterFri Aug 1, 7:40 PM ET

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Friday he would be willing to support limited additional offshore oil drilling if that's what it takes to enact a comprehensive policy to foster fuel-efficient autos and develop alternate energy sources.

Shifting from his previous opposition to expanded offshore drilling, the Illinois senator told a Florida newspaper he could get behind a compromise with Republicans and oil companies to prevent gridlock over energy.

Republican rival John McCain, who earlier dropped his opposition to offshore drilling, has been criticizing Obama on the stump and in broadcast ads for clinging to his opposition as gasoline prices topped $4 a gallon. Polls indicate these attacks have helped McCain gain ground on Obama.

"My interest is in making sure we've got the kind of comprehensive energy policy that can bring down gas prices," Obama said in an interview with The Palm Beach Post.

"If, in order to get that passed, we have to compromise in terms of a careful, well thought-out drilling strategy that was carefully circumscribed to avoid significant environmental damage — I don't want to be so rigid that we can't get something done."...

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Holy Hell!! is there no issue this guy won't bend in the wind with?

Just a few days earlier in the week he called drilling a scheme;

Sen. Barack Obama stood his ground Wednesday in opposing what he calls the "scheme" of offshore drilling, during a campaign event in Springfield, Missouri.

"The oil companies are shoving this thing down the throats of Congress, because they know everybody wants to try to pretend they're doing something about the energy crisis,” Obama said. “This is not real. I know it's tempting. The polls say its one of the ways that a majority of Americans think we're going to solve this problem, but it's not real."

"I understand how desperate folks are. If I thought that I could provide you some immediate relief on gas by drilling off the shores of California and New Jersey… I'd do it.”

But the Democratic presidential candidate added, "The soonest you would see any drop of oil from drilling off our shores would be 10 years from now….The most you would end up saving 10 years or 20 years from now would be a few cents on the gallon, although at that point, I figure oil might be $12 a gallon."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/07/30/obama-calls-offshore-drilling-a-scheme/

So why is Obama now willing to destroy the environment?

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Holy Hell!! is there no issue this guy won't bend in the wind with?

Umm, no. :laugh2:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 01:11 AM
he did say he is the candidate of change....

http://bagnewsnotes.typepad.com/bagnews/images/malkin-snob1.jpg

red states rule
08-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Someone call the Dr

The messiah, known as Obama, has a bad case of Kerryitis. Another flip flop from the messiah has happened once again

Offshore Drilling, Another Obama Flip-Flop?

Friday, August 1, 2008 7:00 PM

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Friday he would be willing to support limited additional offshore oil drilling if that's what it takes to enact a comprehensive policy to foster fuel-efficient autos and develop alternate energy sources.

Shifting from his previous opposition to expanded offshore drilling, the Illinois senator told a Florida newspaper he could get behind a compromise with Republicans and oil companies to prevent gridlock over energy.

Republican rival John McCain, who earlier dropped his opposition to offshore drilling, has been criticizing Obama on the stump and in broadcast ads for clinging to his opposition as gasoline prices topped $4 a gallon. Polls indicate these attacks have helped McCain gain ground on Obama.

"My interest is in making sure we've got the kind of comprehensive energy policy that can bring down gas prices," Obama said in an interview with The Palm Beach Post.

"If, in order to get that passed, we have to compromise in terms of a careful, well thought-out drilling strategy that was carefully circumscribed to avoid significant environmental damage _ I don't want to be so rigid that we can't get something done."

Asked about Obama's comment, McCain said, "We need oil drilling and we need it now offshore. He has consistently opposed it. He has opposed nuclear power. He has opposed reprocessing. He has opposed storage." The GOP candidate said Obama doesn't have a plan equal to the nation's energy challenges.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_offshore_oil/2008/08/01/118359.html

Immanuel
08-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Where's JoeSteel on this one?

Is Obama wrong?

Immie

Silver
08-02-2008, 11:15 AM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080802/D92A5GCG0.html

Heres another one to watch....he practically endorsed reparations not so long ago.....now obviously thinks he better wait until hes safely elected before he openly screws the whites....

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 12:53 PM
The democrat pundits have already started to change their talking points on drilling. Oh the horror!

Joe Steel
08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Obama is playing the Republicons. They're so hot to make their idiot base think they're sticking it to the Democrats, they're ready to agree to anything. Obama is going to give them all the rope they need to hang themselves. He's going to get the deal of all deals from them.

He'll support a little bit of drilling at a huge price, like lettting the oil companies drill at just above break-even, so he can use the the government's cut to fund alternate energy programs.

Beautiful.

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 01:31 PM
"read my lips, no new drilling"

yeah right :rolleyes:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:05 PM
sounds like a reasonable and pragmatic approach to me. He understands, that, in politics, sometimes you have to give a little in order to get a little.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 02:19 PM
sounds like a reasonable and pragmatic approach to me. He understands, that, in politics, sometimes you have to give a little in order to get a little.

Sounds like the messiah has a bad case of Kerryitis. About 48 hours ago, the messiah preached from the mount:

"We could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling if everybody was just inflating their tires and getting regular tune-ups. You could save just as much."

The only thing that changed was a CNN poll showing more then 70% wants the drilling to start. Looks like the messiah is telling the tree huggers to to take a hike

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Sounds like the messiah has a bad case of Kerryitis. About 48 hours ago, the messiah preached from the mount:

"We could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling if everybody was just inflating their tires and getting regular tune-ups. You could save just as much."

The only thing that changed was a CNN poll showing more then 70% wants the drilling to start. Looks like the messiah is telling the tree huggers to to take a hike

the only thing that changed was his realization that by allowing LIMITED offshore drilling, he could advance the other issues.

sounds like a pragmatic and effective politician at work.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
the only thing that changed was his realization that by allowing LIMITED offshore drilling, he could advance the other issues.

48 hours ago he said we did NOT need to drill

Your boy did it again - Kerryitis has infected him on another issue

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 02:35 PM
and earlier this week from the ever changing canidate

July 30, 2008
(CNN) — Sen. Barack Obama stood his ground Wednesday in opposing what he calls the "scheme" of offshore drilling, during a campaign event in Springfield, Missouri.

"The oil companies are shoving this thing down the throats of Congress, because they know everybody wants to try to pretend they're doing something about the energy crisis,” Obama said. “This is not real. I know it's tempting. The polls say its one of the ways that a majority of Americans think we're going to solve this problem, but it's not real."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/07/30/obama-calls-offshore-drilling-a-scheme/

The risking, 143 senator with little experience is praticing politics as usual, going were the votes are, the polls show public support for drilling so guess what by some miracle so does Obama. Wow imagine that.

Let the talking points continue to be "refined". :rolleyes:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 02:35 PM
was he lying then or is he lying now

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I share his belief that we don't NEED to drill to solve our energy problem.

politically, if he wants to advance the pieces of his energy agenda that make sense, he understands that he won't get the necessary support unless he backs off from his no drilling position.

smart politician. we need leaders who can compromise with the other side to advance the causes that benefit our country.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 02:37 PM

To libs it is called nuance

To the rest of it is lying

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 02:38 PM

just the canidate of change

http://www.pumapac.org/docs/MadLogic%20MDPUMA%202faceOb_2_plain-4.jpg

add another to the list

red states rule
08-02-2008, 02:40 PM
just the canidate of change

http://www.pumapac.org/docs/MadLogic%20MDPUMA%202faceOb_2_plain-4.jpg

add another to the list

Yep, he is uniting the Dems to my satisfaction

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:40 PM

he said before that we don't NEED to drill offshore to solve our energy problems.

He has agreed to support limited drilling offshore in order to advance other major parts of his energy agenda.

most reasonable folks would understand that such compromises are necessary and wise....

but some folks are blinded by their irrational racist hatred, I guess.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 02:41 PM
he said before that we don't NEED to drill offshore to solve our energy problems.

He has agreed to support limited drilling offshore in order to advance other major parts of his energy agenda.

most reasonable folks would understand that such compromises are necessary and wise....

When boxed into the cornor, MFM draws out the race card

So typical of af the Obamabots

Yurt
08-02-2008, 02:44 PM

:laugh2: now i'm a racist because i dare question a HALF WHITE person :laugh2:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:45 PM
:laugh2: now i'm a racist because i dare question a HALF WHITE person :laugh2:

I didn't say anything about YOU.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:48 PM
When boxed into the cornor, MFM draws out the race card

So typical of af the Obamabots

no. my case is quite clear: Obama compromised on offshore drilling to get other things that he felt were worth making that compromise to bet. That is what good politicians do every single day. That is how nearly every good law that has ever been written was made: well meaning people from both sides of the aisle come to the middle and craft legislation that is the overall interest of the public.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I didn't say anything about YOU.

whatever....you only cited my post and have repeatedly called me a racist numerous times :lol:

some people are just liars....

retiredman
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
whatever....you only cited my post and have repeatedly called me a racist numerous times :lol:

some people are just liars....

I didn't say anything about you, and you have danced away from the FACT that compromise is a good trait for political leaders, and not one you should refer to as LYING..but then we both know that you love to use that word all the time.... especially when trying to have cordial adult debates.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 02:59 PM
no. my case is quite clear: Obama compromised on offshore drilling to get other things that he felt were worth making that compromise to bet. That is what good politicians do every single day. That is how nearly every good law that has ever been written was made: well meaning people from both sides of the aisle come to the middle and craft legislation that is the overall interest of the public.

INW, he is a typical politican who blows in the wind of polls

So much for "change"

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Really doesn't matter what 143 change canidate thinks anyway, Reid and Pelosi won't allow a vote on the issue anyway.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I didn't say anything about you, and you have danced away from the FACT that compromise is a good trait for political leaders, and not one you should refer to as LYING..but then we both know that you love to use that word all the time.... especially when trying to have cordial adult debates.

so there is no one that lies? some people just lie, i'm sure you know this well. i am being cordial...you call "people" racists, that is a negative...some people are just innocent

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:05 PM
so there is no one that lies? some people just lie, i'm sure you know this well. i am being cordial...you call "people" racists, that is a negative...some people are just innocent

you call me a liar all the time. you know you are not cordial to me.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:13 PM
you call me a liar all the time. you know you are not cordial to me.

manchild...and you are far from cordial...but i won't let you derail this thread like do nearly everythread you enter...

back to the topic...you want to discuss this, open a cage thread.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:28 PM
manchild...and you are far from cordial...but i won't let you derail this thread like do nearly everythread you enter...

back to the topic...you want to discuss this, open a cage thread.

I have made my position on this thread well known.

I have stated that compromise is a well recognised talent that America has always prized in its leaders.

Obama believes that we do not NEED to drill offshore to solve our energy problem. Obama is also smart enough to realize that compromise on that point may very well be necessary in order to get comprehensive energy legislation passed. I think that is a good thing, but YOU, apparently, don't WANT the man who very well may be our next president to be the sort of man who has that talent. Could you explain why?

red states rule
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM

I have stated that compromise is a well recognised talent that America has always prized in its leaders.

Obama believes that we do not NEED to drill offshore to solve our energy problem. Obama is also smart enough to realize that compromise on that point may very well be necessary in order to get comprehensive energy legislation passed. I think that is a good thing, but YOU, apparently, don't WANT the man who very well may be our next president to be the sort of man who has that talent. Could you explain why?

And as I have said before,

What Obama believes in and what Dems stand for are subject to change without notice based on poll numbers, and focus group results

Obama proves me correct once again

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:42 PM
And as I have said before,

What Obama believes in and what Dems stand for are subject to change without notice based on poll numbers, and focus group results

Obama proves me correct once again

you didn't read my post. obviously.

do you, or do you not want your next president to have the ability to compromise?

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:44 PM

we do not need to drill for oil off shore

offshore drilling is a scam

ok, we need to drill for oil off shore

:laugh2:

off

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:58 PM

off

LIAR

"If we can come up with a genuine bipartisan compromise in which I have to accept some things I don't like or the Democrats have to accept some things they don't like… that's something I'm open to."

Where does he say we NEED to drill for oil offshore?

I'll wait.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:00 PM
LIAR

"If we can come up with a genuine bipartisan compromise in which I have to accept some things I don't like or the Democrats have to accept some things they don't like… that's something I'm open to."

I'll wait.

It is fun to watch the Obababots squrm

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:02 PM
It is fun to watch the Obababots squrm

what squirm? He did NOT say that we need to drill offshore. his statement is pretty clear.

And do you or do you not want a president who can compromise with his political adversaries to avoid gridlock?

answer the question, if you dare.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
what squirm? He did NOT say that we need to drill offshore. his statement is pretty clear.

And do you or do you not want a president who can compromise with his political adversaries to avoid gridlock?

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/flipper.jpg

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I dind't think you would.

what a loser.:laugh2:

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:05 PM
I dind't think you would.

what a loser.:laugh2:

You Obamabots are in a pickle

Obama is becomingmore like Pres Bush. More oil, More bombs dropping, more war.

That's the DEM's choice. More oil.. more war.. ?

LOL

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
You Obamabots are in a pickle

Obama is becomingmore like Pres Bush. More oil, More bombs dropping, more war.

That's the DEM's choice. More oil.. more war.. ?

LOL

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:10 PM

Libs like you are gathering behind your messiah's new position, which they have been railing against for months

Amazing the absence of conviction libs have.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
you don't even have the balls to admit that you don't have balls.:lol:

again:

do you want a president who can compromise with his political adversaries to avoid gridlock? Yes or NO?

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:12 PM
you don't even have the balls to admit that you don't have balls.:lol:

again:

do you want a president who can compromise with his political adversaries to avoid gridlock? Yes or NO?

Girdlock is the best damn thing that can happen

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Girdlock is the best damn thing that can happen
so you do not want a president who has the ability to compromise with his political opponents? Is that your final answer?

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
still waiting

LIAR

I'll wait.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:18 PM
so you do not want a president who has the ability to compromise with his political opponents? Is that your final answer?

I love gridlock. When that happens government does not pass more stupid bills like the homeowner bailout, FDA regulating tobacco, or saying they are sorry for slavery

I love liberal compromise - Pelosi shut down the House instead of having a simple up and down vote on drilling

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I love gridlock. When that happens government does not pass more stupid bills like the homeowner bailout, FDA regulating tobacco, or saying they are sorry for slavery

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:20 PM
ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION

READ MY ANSWER ASSHOLE

I LOVE GRIDLOCK

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:23 PM
READ MY ANSWER ASSHOLE

I LOVE GRIDLOCK

I didn't ASK you if you loved gridlock or not. Answer the question you were asked, ASSHOLE

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Back to the topic

It seems Flipper is running for Bush's 3rd term.

We have him signing FISA while that he promised to oppose

Flipper is endorsing Bush's school vouchers.

Flipper is asking the same as Bush with the service to your country. A platform item for Bush in 2000.

Flipper is now saying that he never said take the troops out of Iraq but that we need to provide a more stable security and there should be no timetable.

Is the messiah being adopted by Bush 41??

retiredman
08-02-2008, 04:28 PM
still waiting yurt

off

LIAR

I'll wait.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 04:43 PM
LIAR

I'll wait.

for someone who just sent me a pm explaining how offensive it is when i call you a liar.....you call me one....stop derailing threads when your pathetic insults... i never lie. :fu:

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:53 PM
At this point, no one knows where the messiah will stand on any given topic tomorrow, or by the end of today, for that matter

retiredman
08-02-2008, 05:07 PM
for someone who just sent me a pm explaining how offensive it is when i call you a liar.....you call me one....stop derailing threads when your pathetic insults... i never lie. :fu:

did your post not imply that Obama said we "NEEDED" to drill offshore?

is that what he said?

red states rule
08-02-2008, 05:12 PM

is that what he said?

Give it up. Your messiah lied to you again, but because he is a Dem you give him a pass and continue to defend him

Nothing new here at all

Yurt
08-02-2008, 05:25 PM

is that what he said?

yes he said that...why do you think he is now considering off shore oil drilling whereas before he would not...whether his reasonings are a political compromise or for actual need is irrelevent...as he admits that we need it in order to get a compromise...

ie, he is hedging his bets and talking like a slick snake charmer politician, you know, mincing words and changing what he "really means"....some people are very good that

Silver
08-02-2008, 06:30 PM

lol....Of course its gonna be limited drilling....limited to drilling where the damn oil is you fool.....:poke:

red states rule
08-02-2008, 06:32 PM
lol....Of course its gonna be limited drilling....limited to drilling where the damn oil is you fool.....:poke:

cue theme music from 'flipper.'

Dilloduck
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
you didn't read my post. obviously.

do you, or do you not want your next president to have the ability to compromise?

Yes, do you know anyone who has that ability? I mean one who CONSISTENTLY thinks compromise is a good thing or only likes to compromise when it will help get him elected.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:33 PM
yes he said that...why do you think he is now considering off shore oil drilling whereas before he would not...whether his reasonings are a political compromise or for actual need is irrelevent...as he admits that we need it in order to get a compromise...

ie, he is hedging his bets and talking like a slick snake charmer politician, you know, mincing words and changing what he "really means"....some people are very good that

LIAR. He has NEVER siad we NEEDED offshore drilling. I posted his exact quote, yet you refuse to be any sort of a man and admit that you LIED about him saying that offshore drilling was "needed".
LIAR

Yurt
08-02-2008, 08:38 PM
it is not a lie...i don't appreciate your gratutious insults preacher...i gave you my reasons, if you don't like them, that is your right.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:40 PM
it is not a lie...i don't appreciate your gratutious insults preacher...i gave you my reasons, if you don't like them, that is your right.

it is a lie. His own words prove that. you are a LIAR

Yurt
08-02-2008, 08:43 PM

it is too bad some folks can't debate like rational adults....

if we didn't need offshore oil drilling, he wouldn't even be considering it.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
it is too bad some folks can't debate like rational adults....

if we didn't need offshore oil drilling, he wouldn't even be considering it.

stupid.

If he felt he needed to accept limited offshore drilling, whether or not it was "needed", in order to pass an energy bill that included many of the other measures he had been fighting for, then such a compromise is a good thing, and the mark of a good leader..

but then, your irrational hatred of the first black man to ever be his party's presidential nominee has blinded you to that fact.

pathetic.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
stupid.

If he felt he needed to accept limited offshore drilling, whether or not it was "needed", in order to pass an energy bill that included many of the other measures he had been fighting for, then such a compromise is a good thing, and the mark of a good leader..

but then, your irrational hatred of the first black man to ever be his party's presidential nominee has blinded you to that fact.

pathetic.

he does feel it is needed, that is why he said he would consider it in order to compromise, thus, it is needed. at least you have seen the logic behind it and call it stupid rather than me a liar. you can disagree, but to call me a liar is .... well, lying.

his being black has nothing to do with it...again, playing the race card...so mfm wants to chill my speech about obama because he is black....now that is stupid :laugh2:

i guess you only see his blackness and not his whiteness...how racist of you

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
he does feel it is needed, that is why he said he would consider it in order to compromise, thus, it is needed. at least you have seen the logic behind it and call it stupid rather than me a liar. you can disagree, but to call me a liar is .... well, lying.

his being black has nothing to do with it...again, playing the race card...so mfm wants to chill my speech about obama because he is black....now that is stupid :laugh2:

i guess you only see his blackness and not his whiteness...how racist of you

he said voting for it was needed. he has NEVER said that offshore drilling was "needed"

LIAR

Yurt
08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
anyways...back to the topic

he believes it is necessary else he wouldn't vote for it

Dilloduck
08-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes, do you know anyone who has that ability? I mean one who CONSISTENTLY thinks compromise is a good thing or only likes to compromise when it will help get him elected.

I answered your damn question----now ANSWER MINE.

:laugh2: It feels so funny trying talk like you.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:24 PM
I answered your damn question----now ANSWER MINE.

:laugh2: It feels so funny trying talk like you.

I don't think that Obama only like to compromise when he thinks it will get him elected. In this case, I think he thought compromise would help get an energy bill passed.

Dilloduck
08-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't think that Obama only like to compromise when he thinks it will get him elected. In this case, I think he thought compromise would help get an energy bill passed.

What kind of answer is that ? Do you know any one who has that ability ? If you are claiming that you THINK Obama has that ability, how are we to believe you when he's compromising himself all the time? And I'm NOT claiming McCain is any better. Obama's halo blinding you ?

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:33 PM
What kind of answer is that ? Do you know any one who has that ability ? If you are claiming that you THINK Obama has that ability, how are we to believe you when he's compromising himself all the time? And I'm NOT claiming McCain is any better. Obama's halo blinding you ?

his qoute was completely explanatory

Dilloduck
08-02-2008, 09:38 PM
his qoute was completely explanatory

Only to those who wish to interpret it that way. Politicians are about as clear as mud and Obama be one. They only survive by being vague.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Only to those who wish to interpret it that way. Politicians are about as clear as mud and Obama be one. They only survive by being vague.

his statement was far from vague. He explained that if, compromising on offshore drilling would allow other more important elements of a comprehensive energy policy to pass, it was a compromise worth making.

but I wouldn't expect you to see it that way. hack.

stephanie
08-02-2008, 09:47 PM
the poor Obambam has flipped and flopped so much, I doubt he can keep track of what all he's said...But for sure they will show up in some TV ads..

I guess they will have to break out the Kerry flip flops at this yrs. convention too..Only they will have to be one white and one black..:laugh2:

emmett
08-02-2008, 09:50 PM
the poor Obambam has flipped and flopped so much, I doubt he can keep track of what all he's said...But for sure they will show up in some TV ads..

I guess they will have to break out the Kerry flip flops at this yrs. convention too..Only they will have to be one white and one black..:laugh2:

Stephanie..............lol...............that wa.............was.................roflmao........ .....................................ah, sniffles, clears throat...........................................l ol,............................................... ................................that was insensative!!!!!

stephanie
08-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Stephanie..............lol...............that wa.............was.................roflmao........ .....................................ah, sniffles, clears throat...........................................l ol,............................................... ................................that was insensative!!!!!

Naaa. they can talk about McCains older age, I can talk about the skin color of their candidate...

I'm too friggen old school, am not political correct in any way and refuse to change now...Plus............I don't give a shit...:laugh2::cheers2:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Naaa..not insenative..Hey they can talk about Johns older age, I can talk about the skin color of their candidate...

I'm too friggen old school, am not political correct in any way and refuse to change now...Plus............I don't give a shit...:laugh2::cheers2:

plus.... you hate niggers!:lol:

stephanie
08-02-2008, 10:03 PM
plus.... you hate niggers!:lol:

If you think I'm going to fall for that one, think again..I don't pay attention to your nonsense of calling everyone here a racist..

I don't care if you think I'm a racist..I know what I am, that's all that matters.

Now move along ya little hateful boy..:cheers2:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 10:05 PM
If you think I'm going to fall for that one, think again..I don't pay attention to your nonsense of calling everyone here a racist..

I don't care if you think I'm a racist..I know what I am, that's all that matters.

Now move along ya little hateful boy..:cheers2:

I KNOW I don't hate niggers. My guess is: Obama would not be anywhere near as much of a target for you if he were all white.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 10:10 PM
you mean like repubs and cons were all over kerry :poke:

go spread your hate and racist rants elsewhere

stephanie
08-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I KNOW I don't hate niggers. My guess is: Obama would not be anywhere near as much of a target for you if he were all white.

You my son are the joke of many..

I made just as much fun of Kerry, Bore, the Shrill, as I have your little boy wonder..

so you got something to say about niggers..go preach it at your church, not to me...that's probably about the only place where you can MAKE people listen to your nonsense..

retiredman
08-02-2008, 10:20 PM
You my son are the joke of many..

I made just as much fun of Kerry, Bore, the Shrill, as I have your little boy wonder..

so you got something to say about niggers..go preach it at your church, not to me...that's probably about the only place where you can MAKE people listen to your nonsense..

perhaps...but methinks that there is a bit sharper an edge on your attacks of Obama and there seems no other rational explanation.

And I am sure, in a den of conservatives, that I am the joke of many. that is really no surprise to me. Tell me what liberal boards you routinely visit so that I might go there also and observe how you are treated by my brethren.

Bonnie
08-02-2008, 10:25 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_el_pr/obama

Who says this guy lacks experience? He seems as nimble as they come:

I have missed your biting wit:popcorn:

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I have missed your biting wit:popcorn:

My god! I've missed you! How is the bride?

Bonnie
08-02-2008, 10:31 PM
My god! I've missed you! How is the bride?

Well me is very happy, and no longer a bride.. Don't ask LOL
I have missed you all too!!!!

stephanie
08-02-2008, 10:34 PM
perhaps...but methinks that there is a bit sharper an edge on your attacks of Obama and there seems no other rational explanation.

And I am sure, in a den of conservatives, that I am the joke of many. that is really no surprise to me. Tell me what liberal boards you routinely visit so that I might go there also and observe how you are treated by my brethren.
you are so pathetic to suggest my attacks are more so because he is supposedly BLACK...the guy isn't even black...he's half WHITE and half black.. so you could say I'm attacting the white half of him..
I'll tell you what, you and no one else will stop my freedom of speech..If I wanted to(which I don't), but, If I wanted to call someone a nigger, I will.

Now you need to save your preaching for your church..it does no good on me..:dance:

Bonnie
08-02-2008, 10:49 PM

Well you can bet your behind it wouldn't be as courteous as you are treated here. At least your actually given a forum to post your opinions, liberal boards erase any post they think is too painful..oops I mean truthful to digest:coffee:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Well you can bet your behind it wouldn't be as courteous as you are treated here. At least your actually given a forum to post your opinions, liberal boards erase any post they think is too painful..oops I mean truthful to digest:coffee:

and when did you get hired as stephanie's publicist?

Bonnie
08-02-2008, 10:58 PM

Hey you know how it is, us kooky conservatives need to stick together lest we wind up chin deep in liberal doody ;)

stephanie
08-02-2008, 10:59 PM

she wasn't speaking for me..
but you have gotten mighty testy..could it be cause a couple of WOMEN have knocked your dick in the dirt, and you don't like it...
I knew you were prejudiced against women, I could see and feel it in your postings....tsk tsk

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:09 PM
she wasn't speaking for me..
but you have gotten mighty testy..could it be cause a couple of WOMEN have knocked your dick in the dirt, and you don't like it...
I knew you were prejudiced against women, I could see and feel it in your postings....tsk tsk

you wish, sweetheart. trust me, you have knocked my dick in the dirt only in your imagination. Has it been a while since your had any, by the way?:laugh2: Given your caustic attitude, I can understand why.

stephanie
08-02-2008, 11:23 PM
you wish, sweetheart. trust me, you have knocked my dick in the dirt only in your imagination. Has it been a while since your had any, by the way?:laugh2: Given your caustic attitude, I can understand why.

Oh believe me...I learned my caustic waaaaays after meeting assholes like you..
But, I can still like you..you don't bother me in the least..Let's just say, your opinion of me means little..I will still sleep just fine tonight and forever..
You on the other hand, seems like a person who gets upset if he is proving to be wrong, says something stupid(which is most of the times), or just plain can't get along with people in general....I feel sad for you..

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Oh believe me...I learned my caustic waaaaays after meeting assholes like you..
But, I can still like you..you don't bother me in the least..Let's just say, your opinion of me means little..I will still sleep just fine tonight and forever..
You on the other hand, seems like a person who gets upset if he is proving to be wrong, says something stupid(which is most of the times), or just plain can't get along with people in general....I feel sad for you..

thanks. that means a lot

stephanie
08-02-2008, 11:34 PM
thanks. that means a lot

You're welcome...anytime..:cheers2:

REDWHITEBLUE2
08-03-2008, 02:40 AM
was he lying then or is he lying now IF His Lips were moving HE WAS LYING

Abbey Marie
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
48 hours ago he said we did NOT need to drill

Your boy did it again - Kerryitis has infected him on another issue

The man gets scarier every day. Holy cannoli, Hillary would have been another George Washington compared to this guy.

You Dems are insane to support this quack for President.

With all of his flip-flopping and other baggage, can you imagine the delicious campaign ads we will see soon?

Abbey Marie
08-03-2008, 12:10 PM
At this point, no one knows where the messiah will stand on any given topic tomorrow, or by the end of today, for that matter

Now, Red, you know that's not true.

1. We know where he stands on his white granny. She's a "typical white person".

2. We know where he stands on Rev. Wrong- he's a trusted mentor.

On those things his opinion will never change. :coffee:

Classact
08-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Seventy five percent of the American people support domestic energy production to displace dependence on foreign supply of energy products. Well, the House of Representatives has closed down all appropriations that would have allowed Republicans to offer amendments that support the desires of the 75% to produce domestic energy. This comes to a head in less than 60 days when the physical year comes to an end at the end of Sept... The Republicans will be in a position of power to force a vote on off shore drilling and developing oil shale by shutting down the government. The president has lifted the offshore moratorium on drilling... the congressional moratorium expires at the end of the physical year in just days after congress returns. Democrats are going to be forced into a corner of opening up domestic energy or standing behind their environmental/trial lawyer lobbies/supporters with 75% of the population on the side of Republicans on this key issue.

Democrats will fight to the last straw to prevent domestic exploration because they know if it is allowed the gas and heating prices will plummet and the economy will soar strait up as people are able to move around the country once again on lower priced energy. There will be a temptation for Republicans to compromise to half measures but the smart money is on holding the line to demand all domestic energy is wide open to allow Obama and his team to be on the wrong side of the issue as long as possible... when the Democrats do finally fold the reward of lower prices will be attributed to the Republicans giving them the bragging rights and rightful stance that it was, in fact the Democrats with their tree huggers/trial lawyers that was causing the energy pain.

Shut down the government to protect environmentalists and trial lawyers Democrats please!!!!

retiredman
08-03-2008, 02:29 PM
again. back on topic: Obama does not say we now "need to drill offshore". Those who claim he does are either misguided or deceitful. His statement is quite clear:

What I don't want is for the best to be the enemy of the good here, and if we can come up with a genuine, bipartisan compromise in which I have to accept some things I don't like, or the Democrats have to accept some things that they don't like, in exchange for moving us in the direction of energy independence, than that's something I'm open to,"

that is a politician working for the public good... and republicans want to villify that.

why am I not surprised?

Dilloduck
08-03-2008, 04:19 PM
again. back on topic: Obama does not say we now "need to drill offshore". Those who claim he does are either misguided or deceitful. His statement is quite clear:

What I don't want is for the best to be the enemy of the good here, and if we can come up with a genuine, bipartisan compromise in which I have to accept some things I don't like, or the Democrats have to accept some things that they don't like, in exchange for moving us in the direction of energy independence, than that's something I'm open to,"

that is a politician working for the public good... and republicans want to villify that.

why am I not surprised?

That is a politician running for office. Sheep believe that kind of crap.

retiredman
08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
That is a politician running for office. Sheep believe that kind of crap.

we'll just have to agree to disagree. I personally LIKE politicians who can compromise for the good of the country.

Kathianne
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
we'll just have to agree to disagree. I personally LIKE politicians who can compromise for the good of the country.

Regardless if doing so puts the environment at risk? Which is what he previously claimed.

retiredman
08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Regardless if doing so puts the environment at risk? Which is what he previously claimed.

you do understand that he hopes to get many parts of that bill that will be beneficial to the environment, don't you? NOT doing the things he will GET in the bill would ALSO put the environment at risk and would reduce our chances of getting comprehensive energy legislation...do you understand the concept of "the perfect being the enemy of the good", or don't you?

Kathianne
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
you do understand that he hopes to get many parts of that bill that will be beneficial to the environment, don't you? NOT doing the things he will GET in the bill would ALSO put the environment at risk and would reduce our chances of getting comprehensive energy legislation...do you understand the concept of "the perfect being the enemy of the good", or don't you?

You do understand you are trying, unsuccessfully to defend his flip?

retiredman
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
You do understand you are trying, unsuccessfully to defend his flip?

it's not a flip. It is an acquiesence. It is a retreat on one issue in order to gain ground on the larger issue.

but you will define it negatively regardless.

Kathianne
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
it's not a flip. It is an acquiesence. It is a retreat on one issue in order to gain ground on the larger issue.

but you will define it negatively regardless.

LOL! Too pat. Interesting though, you really could try and make silk purse out of sow's ear.

retiredman
08-03-2008, 08:42 PM
LOL! Too pat. Interesting though, you really could try and make silk purse out of sow's ear.

and you really could continue to be blinded by your disdain for Obama.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 06:26 AM
and you really could continue to be blinded by your disdain for Obama.

Same old DNC and Obama approved talking points. If you do not support the messiah your are a hate filled racist. Your white liberal guilt is a serious problem

red states rule
08-04-2008, 06:38 AM

You might want to give a sermon to your fwllow moonbats

Here is a sampling of the very upset comments at the Huffington Post:

I sadly predicted several weeks ago, when Obama wimped on FISA, that the stage was set for more flip-flops. He apparently continues...he doesn't have to be doing this stuff, at all.

Please Senator Obama, say it ain't so!

...It looks like capitulation to the Mc Cain demands, and makes him look politically weak and undecisive. The strategy has been and should continue to be change. Having to explain and diminish his statement does not serve him well.

Thanks Obama, you have now made the entire Democratic party against drilling look like the fools they have been acting like for the past 6 months. People like Reid & Pelosi have put everything they have against drilling and now they are left standing alone.

The reaction to Obama's oil drilling reversal was no kinder over at the Democratic Underground:

just the latest in a now lengthening list of complete 180's he's made... I just "love" all the spinning his die-hard followers are trying to do - unsuccessfully.

I always viewed Obama as a ball of clay - it was yet to be seen what he would do & the choices he would make. These early indications are NOT good signs. Actions, not words. Disappointing to say the very least.

This stinks. And I'm disgusted he's supporting it.

Finally, the Daily Kos Kossacks weigh in on the Obama oil drilling ban flip flop:

I think his statement is pretty nuanced, I don't think its a radical flip flop. I do think it's disappointing.

If Obama would have maintained a consistent "NO to off-shore drilling" position we here would be behind him. But now we are divided and fighting among ourselves, instead of fighting against our common enemy.

I'm no McCain supporter, but at this point, I really have no enthusiasm anymore for Obama.

Obama is failing as a leader on this issue just like he did on FISA. I hope he just playing election politics and will show real strength and leadership once elected, but it seems less likely to happen that way as time goes.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/08/03/leftwing-blogosphere-uproar-over-obama-oil-drilling-switch

retiredman
08-04-2008, 07:38 AM
my sermon this week is going to be about the canaanite woman... I really don't give "political" sermons from the pulpit.

I am not surprise, however, that you would start up the new week with a newsbusters cut and paste. So typical.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 07:43 AM
my sermon this week is going to be about the canaanite woman... I really don't give "political" sermons from the pulpit.

I am not surprise, however, that you would start up the new week with a newsbusters cut and paste. So typical.

I am sure you give the same sermons out of the mold of Wright

You ignored what your fellow Obamabots have to say about another messiah flip flop. You can dismiss it as cut and paste, but they are pissed and that is a fact

retiredman
08-04-2008, 08:01 AM
I am sure you give the same sermons out of the mold of Wright

You ignored what your fellow Obamabots have to say about another messiah flip flop. You can dismiss it as cut and paste, but they are pissed and that is a fact

YOu are wrong about my sermons,. of course....have you bothered to read the ones on the blog? Of course not!

everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to think his compromise on offshore drilling is a good thing.

and even if they are pissed, what you continually fail to acknowledge is that the democrats in America are so much more pissed at George Bush and the republican party, that any disagreements with Obama will be inconsequential. We are not about to let the republican party maintain control of the executive branch of government past 01/09.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to think his compromise on offshore drilling is a good thing.

and even if they are pissed, what you continually fail to acknowledge is that the democrats in America are so much more pissed at George Bush and the republican party, that any disagreements with Obama will be inconsequential. We are not about to let the republican party maintain control of the executive branch of government past 01/09.

So as usual, it does not matter what Obama say, what he does, what he supports, or what he votes for - as long as he is a Dem he has your support

Are those pissed off libs racists as you have accused others here of being since they do not agree with your messiah?

retiredman
08-04-2008, 08:08 AM
So as usual, it does not matter what Obama say, what he does, what he supports, or what he votes for - as long as he is a Dem he has your support

Are those pissed off libs racists as you have accused others here of being since they do not agree with your messiah?

It DOES matter what he says or does or supports or votes for...if he were way off base on any of those issues, if he were not within the democratic party tent on those issues, he would not get the nomination... and if my party was so misguided that it nominated someone who was NOT supportive of the democratic party platform, I would not vote for them.

And I have no idea whether liberals angry at Obama are racist or not.... I merely know that I am not.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 08:09 AM
It DOES matter what he says or does or supports or votes for...if he were way off base on any of those issues, if he were not within the democratic party tent on those issues, he would not get the nomination... and if my party was so misguided that it nominated someone who was NOT supportive of the democratic party platform, I would not vote for them.

And I have no idea whether liberals angry at Obama are racist or not.... I merely know that I am not.

So far he has lied to you on public financing, FISA, the DC gun case, the war in Iraq, now drilling

No, to you all that matters is power, and a Dem winning in November - any Dem will do for you

retiredman
08-04-2008, 08:14 AM
So far he has lied to you on public financing, FISA, the DC gun case, the war in Iraq, now drilling

No, to you all that matters is power, and a Dem winning in November - any Dem will do for you

he has not LIED to me. He has changed his positions based upon political realities. Politicians do that all the time. Did Bush LIE to you about nation building? :lol:

And as I said, any dem would NOT do if that dem did not support the party platform and was not our best chance to win.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 08:17 AM
he has not LIED to me. He has changed his positions based upon political realities. Politicians do that all the time. Did Bush LIE to you about nation building? :lol:

And as I said, any dem would NOT do if that dem did not support the party platform and was not our best chance to win.

yes he lied - but being an Obamabot you swallow all his crap and defnd his lies with pure spin

He said he would fight FISA and support a filibuster - he voted for it

He said he supported the DC gun maw BEFORE the USSC ruling - after the ruling he was opposed to it

One day he said drilling was not needed. Inflating tires and tune-ups would save all the oil we could get from drilling. 48 hours later he was for it

red states rule
08-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Obama, the flip flop kid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8FHVARKLWc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M8FHVARKLWc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

retiredman
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM
yes he lied - but being an Obamabot you swallow all his crap and defnd his lies with pure spin

He said he would fight FISA and support a filibuster - he voted for it

He said he supported the DC gun maw BEFORE the USSC ruling - after the ruling he was opposed to it

One day he said drilling was not needed. Inflating tires and tune-ups would save all the oil we could get from drilling. 48 hours later he was for it

no. he did not LIE. He modified his positions. and he still feels that drilling is not NEEDED, but he will vote for it in order to get a bunch of other things in the bill that he DOES think are needed. I realize the nuance of that is a bit over your head. Anything deeper than My Weekly Reader is over your head.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 08:35 AM
no. he did not LIE. He modified his positions. and he still feels that drilling is not NEEDED, but he will vote for it in order to get a bunch of other things in the bill that he DOES think are needed. I realize the nuance of that is a bit over your head. Anything deeper than My Weekly Reader is over your head.

Drunk on the Kool Aid this early in the morning?

http://www.freewebs.com/djaye123/deb_arif_daisy_flip_flop.png

mundame
08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
One day he said drilling was not needed. Inflating tires and tune-ups would save all the oil we could get from drilling. 48 hours later he was for it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........there is this.

I think what's actually going on is that the wars, the oil problem (which is serious, what with the thread of war constantly from Iran, intended by them to raise oil prices), and the incipient or at least feared recession have combined to make for an unusually fast-moving election year situation. BOTH candidates are tap-dancing around on the stage. I don't see any difference between them! They are both flipping flopping like cod in a Boston fishing boat.

Doesn't matter. They lie, and when they get in, they'll lie some more.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........there is this.

I think what's actually going on is that the wars, the oil problem (which is serious, what with the thread of war constantly from Iran, intended by them to raise oil prices), and the incipient or at least feared recession have combined to make for an unusually fast-moving election year situation. BOTH candidates are tap-dancing around on the stage. I don't see any difference between them! They are both flipping flopping like cod in a Boston fishing boat.

Doesn't matter. They lie, and when they get in, they'll lie some more.

What happened Mundame was the messiah saw a CNN poll where 70% plus support drilling

As I have told MFM many times, the beliefs of the messiah, the core principals of the Dem party, and where Dems stand on the issues are subject to change without notice - based on polls and focus group results

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
What happened Mundame was the messiah saw a CNN poll where 70% plus support drilling

As I have told MFM many times, the beliefs of the messiah, the core principals of the Dem party, and where Dems stand on the issues are subject to change without notice - based on polls and focus group results

bullshit... the democratic platform has remained nearly constant for several elections.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM
bullshit... the democratic platform has remained nearly constant for several elections.

Well, the messiah has more positions then a Bill Clinton intern :laugh2:

He sees the polls and "refines" his postions accordingly

mundame
08-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Fox is running with these headlines right now, 8/4 12:46 PM --

Obama Flips on Oil Reserves Dip (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/04/obama-ad-windfall-tax/)

Dem hopeful reverses field, touts tapping nation's petroleum reserve; pushes windfall profits tax to fund $1G rebate

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, the messiah has more positions then a Bill Clinton intern :laugh2:

He sees the polls and "refines" his postions accordingly

I disagree. in any case, you statement about the democratic party was a lie and you know it.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:49 AM

Obama Flips on Oil Reserves Dip (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/04/obama-ad-windfall-tax/)

Dem hopeful reverses field, touts tapping nation's petroleum reserve; pushes windfall profits tax to fund $1G rebate

http://www.strangepolitics.com//images/content/116434.jpg

mundame
08-04-2008, 11:50 AM

Of course, he can SAY anything --------- he can't actually do any of it.

So he can use the promise of bribery to get elected, and then not do it when he is elected.

But this sort of popularist bribery does NOT augur well, IMO.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I disagree. in any case, you statement about the democratic party was a lie and you know it.

The platform is not elected - just your flip flopping idols you continue to defend despite the fact they keep changing their minds to go along with the polls

stephanie
08-04-2008, 11:51 AM
the Democrat platform. rob from the rich and middle class, to give to the lazy bums..

Socialism at it's finest, and when it comes to peoples freedoms, bordering on Communism..

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Of course, he can SAY anything --------- he can't actually do any of it.

So he can use the promise of bribery to get elected, and then not do it when he is elected.

But this sort of popularist bribery does NOT augur well, IMO.

But the Obamabots do not want you to remember what he said yesterday - only what is saying today

Obama is playing to give me mentality the Dems have been working on for 40 years

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
the Democrat platform. rob from the rich and middle class, to give to the lazy bums..

Socialism at it's finest, bordering on Communism..

you, of course, don't know the meaning of either of those words.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Well you do not know what your boy is saying - it keep changing constantly :laugh2:

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:53 AM
The platform is not elected - just your flip flopping idols you continue to defend despite the fact they keep changing their minds to go along with the polls

the candidate runs on the platform...the overriding principles of the party. I believe in those principles. I believe that the democratic party candidate will work harder to advance those principles than the candidate from any other party.

stephanie
08-04-2008, 11:54 AM

Ooooo, Mr. nasty speaks up from the peanut gallery..typical Democrat:laugh2:

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Well you do not know what your boy is saying - it keep changing constantly :laugh2:

why do you refer to him as "boy", I wonder? I'll bet that your pappy called niggers that, didn't he?

mundame
08-04-2008, 11:55 AM
But the Obamabots do not want you to remember what he said yesterday - only what is saying today

What is currently "operational," as the Nixon aides termed it.

What is currently operational is whirling around like one of those push-me tops with the handles you pump.

Actually, if you think about it, rapidly changing positions by both sides, which is what we're seeing, sort of inoculates them both against flip-flop charges. They are so obviously BOTH flipping that we have to look at it a different way, supposedly. Being flexible, for instance.

Or desperate to get elected in a fast-changing world, anyway.

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Ooooo, Mr. nasty speaks up from the peanut gallery..typical Democrat

the democratic platform is neither socialist nor communist. the fact that you misuse those words is not surprising. typical republican.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
the candidate runs on the platform...the overriding principles of the party. I believe in those principles. I believe that the democratic party candidate will work harder to advance those principles than the candidate from any other party.

Dems have no princiapls - only what they think their minions want to hear

red states rule
08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
why do you refer to him as "boy", I wonder? I'll bet that your pappy called niggers that, didn't he?

As usual, the preacher pulls out the race card. That is so liberal of you

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Dems have no princiapls - only what they think their minions want to hear

again...are insults going to be the extent of our conversation? just let me know.

stephanie
08-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Here we go..the same ole shit...If anyone has called the boy wonder a nigger, it has been you, MANY TIMES..

you are a closet racist..:coffee:

retiredman
08-04-2008, 11:58 AM
As usual, the preacher pulls out the race card. That is so liberal of you

why DO you refer to him as a "boy"?

red states rule
08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
why DO you refer to him as a "boy"?

He is your wonder boy, your golden boy, your messiah

You are the one bringing race into the discussion - since the facts are kicking as usual

retiredman
08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
He is your wonder boy, your golden boy, your messiah

You are the one bringing race into the discussion - since the facts are kicking as usual

I have never referred to him as a boy. you are well aware of the racial sensitivities of calling black men "boys", yet you continue to do so. I can draw only one conclusion from that.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I have never referred to him as a boy. you are well aware of the racial sensitivities of calling black men "boys", yet you continue to do so. I can draw only one conclusion from that.

Oh yes, now we all have to be "sensitive"

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/141306.jpg

mundame
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM

Wow. I've noted this phenomenon before ------ that the other side so badly wants us to fulfill their prejudices that they finally get frustrated and use the really bad words FOR us. That is, THEY say it, then pretend that somehow WE said it!!!!

There was this black kid on another forum who suddenly burst out with all these n-word accusations against HIMSELF, over and over, and then at the end said, "That's what you want to say!"

But he was the only one who had ever said such things.

Completely crazy.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Wow. I've noted this phenomenon before ------ that the other side so badly wants us to fulfill their prejudices that they finally get frustrated and use the really bad words FOR us. That is, THEY say it, then pretend that somehow WE said it!!!!

There was this black kid on another forum who suddenly burst out with all these n-word accusations against HIMSELF, over and over, and then at the end said, "That's what you want to say!"

But he was the only one who had ever said such things.

Completely crazy.

Trust me mundame, as the polls close, and if McCain should pull ahead we will hear more "news stories" aboout how the messiah much overcome racism

If he loses in November, the Obamabots will blame the hate and racism in America fo his loss. Not the fact a majority did not support his liberalism

mundame
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
If he loses in November, the Obamabots will blame the hate and racism in America fo his loss. Not the fact a majority did not support his liberalism

Well, you may be somewhat more liberal in that way than I am. The leftism looks worse than I had had any idea -- the populist bribes (with other people's money), the incipient nationalisms, the huge tax hikes, jeepers, things are really going to change, presumably for the worse.

However, in addition, I don't think it's a good idea to throw the government of the United States to the blacks. It hasn't worked at all ever in ANY American city -- Baltimore, Newark, Detroit, Washington, DC., etc. -- nor has it ever brought anything but violence, corruption, and terrible poverty to any country that it's happened to anywhere in the world. Zimbabwe that used to be prosperous Rhodesia, South Africa, Jamaica, Haiti, Guyana --- well, all of them. I cannot think of any exceptions. When the blacks take over the government, terrible things happen.

This may not be a fashionable thing to say, but unfortunately, it IS a true thing to say, so I am very discouraged. We have a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea, and so much for democracy in that case.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Well, you may be somewhat more liberal in that way than I am. The leftism looks worse than I had had any idea -- the populist bribes (with other people's money), the incipient nationalisms, the huge tax hikes, jeepers, things are really going to change, presumably for the worse.

However, in addition, I don't think it's a good idea to throw the government of the United States to the blacks. It hasn't worked at all ever in ANY American city -- Baltimore, Newark, Detroit, Washington, DC., etc. -- nor has it ever brought anything but violence, corruption, and terrible poverty to any country that it's happened to anywhere in the world. Zimbabwe that used to be prosperous Rhodesia, South Africa, Jamaica, Haiti, Guyana --- well, all of them. I cannot think of any exceptions. When the blacks take over the government, terrible things happen.

This may not be a fashionable thing to say, but unfortunately, it IS a true thing to say, so I am very discouraged. We have a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea, and so much for democracy in that case.

Mundame, I base my comment on what libs said after the 2006 election. When Harold Ford lost his Senate bid, the liberal media blamed the racists for not voting for him

HOWEVER, they did not blame racists for not voting for Michael Steele in MD.

You see, libs will always play the race card when black libs lose and election - but play the race card themselves on black conservatives (they are sellouts, Uncle Tom's ect)

stephanie
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM

Ooooo. we have to be sensitive about saying boy(which is referring to how young he is), because he is half black..

But the liberals had no problems calling President Bush a CHIMP..

red states rule
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Ooooo. we have to be sensitive about saying boy(which is referring to how young he is), because he is half black..

or uttering death wishes, calling him Hitler, a murderer, a liar, and other liberal terms of endearment

mundame
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
When Harold Ford lost his Senate bid, the liberal media blamed the racists for not voting for him

HOWEVER, they did not blame racists for not voting for Michael Steele in MD.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.............I'm inclined to believe both are accurate.

Harold Ford is an incredibly good-looking man, no question. But no one in Tennessee much liked his partying with white women; there it is.

As for Michael Steele, I live in Maryland and I was going to vote for Steele myself, but that was the 2006 election when no one voted for hardly any Republicans because we thought, more fool us, that Pelosi, that betrayer, would stop the terrible Iraq War.

So I didn't. But Steele is actually quite all right, IMO, and I have heard him speak at a GOP fundraiser. I would vote for him in different circumstances; he had some bad luck there; he was a shoo-in till this war thing billowed up.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm.............I'm inclined to believe both are accurate.

Harold Ford is an incredibly good-looking man, no question. But no one in Tennessee much liked his partying with white women; there it is.

As for Michael Steele, I live in Maryland and I was going to vote for Steele myself, but that was the 2006 election when no one voted for hardly any Republicans because we thought, more fool us, that Pelosi, that betrayer, would stop the terrible Iraq War.

So I didn't. But Steele is actually quite all right, IMO, and I have heard him speak at a GOP fundraiser. I would vote for him in different circumstances; he had some bad luck there; he was a shoo-in till this war thing billowed up.

Oh it is correct Mundame.

Chris Matthews Blames Racist White Conservatives if Harold Ford Loses
By Brad Wilmouth (Bio | Archive)
November 5, 2006 - 21:31 ET

According to MSNBC's Chris Matthews, if Democratic Senate candidate Harold Ford loses Tuesday, you can blame it on white conservatives. On Sunday morning, as he appeared in a segment hosted by Alex Witt, Matthews chided whites for an unwillingness to vote for black politicians, contending that "blacks vote for whites," but "whites don't vote for blacks." Matthews added that in states with large black populations, fear leads whites to become conservative Republicans. Matthews: "The larger the black population, where the whites are afraid historically, and in Deep South states, they tend to become very conservative Republican out of fear, whatever, of an overwhelming, or a large number of African-Americans because of the kind of culture." Ignored by Matthews was the willingness of white conservatives to support black statewide candidates like Maryland's Michael Steele, Ohio's Kenneth Blackwell, and Pennsylvania's Lynn Swann, in this year's elections, while white liberals will be supporting white Democratic candidates instead, demonstrating that party affiliation is the deciding factor in whether white conservatives vote for a black candidate. Notably, in Maryland's Senate primary, Democratic voters rejected black Democratic candidate Kweisi Mfume, a former Congressman, in favor of white candidate and Congressman Benjamin Cardin during their party's primary, while the Republican nominee, Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele, is black.
http://newsbusters.org/node/8847

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:10 PM
"blacks vote for whites," but "whites don't vote for blacks."

Well, he's wrong there --------- blacks are going nearly 100% for Obama, so there you are. And a lot of whites are plainly voting for Obama. So much for Chris Matthews. Generally, I like a blond man --- but he needs to have SOMETHING under his hair to appeal to me. Being right once in a while and not being weird like that "thrill running up my leg" stuff referring to seeing Obama, would help. I'm beginning to wonder about that guy.

Notably, in Maryland's Senate primary, Democratic voters rejected black Democratic candidate Kweisi Mfume, a former Congressman, in favor of white candidate and Congressman Benjamin Cardin during their party's primary, while the Republican nominee, Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele, is black.
http://newsbusters.org/node/8847

Well, there are more white Dems in Maryland than black ones, I THINK, even considering Baltimore and Prince Georges County. That awful Kweisi Mfume had NINE children by FIVE women, and was head of the NAACP. He did all this womanizing and illegitimate children business while he was a U.S. congressman. What's to like, you know? One of those corrupt black pols there are far too many of. Usually those are Dems, and everyone knows this. Cardin had been congressman for lo, these many years, and people trusted him. NO ONE trusted Mfume, who used to have a normal name before he changed it to some sort of ersatz African thingy, but I can't remember what it was.

So all that was pretty much polled to happen. People also knew Steele and knew he was okay. At least, I hope he is.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, he's wrong there --------- blacks are going nearly 100% for Obama, so there you are. And a lot of whites are plainly voting for Obama. So much for Chris Matthews. Generally, I like a blond man --- but he needs to have SOMETHING under his hair to appeal to me. Being right once in a while and not being weird like that "thrill running up my leg" stuff referring to seeing Obama, would help. I'm beginning to wonder about that guy.

Well, there are more white Dems in Maryland than black ones, I THINK, even considering Baltimore and Prince Georges County. That awful Kweisi Mfume had NINE children by FIVE women, and was head of the NAACP. He did all this womanizing and illegitimate children business while he was a U.S. congressman. What's to like, you know? One of those corrupt black pols there are far too many of. Usually those are Dems, and everyone knows this. Cardin had been congressman for lo, these many years, and people trusted him. NO ONE trusted Mfume, who used to have a normal name before he changed it to some sort of ersatz African thingy, but I can't remember what it was.

So all that was pretty much polled to happen. People also knew Steele and knew he was okay. At least, I hope he is.

Libs like Chris Matthews, and those like him in the liberal media - will be playing the race card over and over beofre November

To them it is racism if you are white and do not vote for Obama. However it is not racist if you are black and vote for Obama because he is black. No, it is the oppressed blacks rooting for one of their own

I would like to see McCain pick Steele, that way the left can show their racist side to the entire nation

And Steele would make a great VP

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:45 PM

You mean just black. This is America; that's how that works. You know it, I know it.

George Bush does have an a strangely simian cast of features. He just does. All those chimp parallel photo galleries so many people have worked up -------- it IS there.

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I would like to see McCain pick Steele, that way the left can show their racist side to the entire nation

He's certainly better looking that that peculiar guy from Louisiana, Jim-Jam, or whatever his name is.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/128436.jpg

red states rule
08-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Now DNCTV is playing the race card by smearing the South

MSNBC's Brewer: Does Obama Stand a Chance in the Racist South?
By Lyndsi Thomas (Bio | Archive)
August 4, 2008 - 13:41 ET

Newsweek Paris bureau chief Christopher Dickey appeared as a guest on the August 4 edition of MSNBC’s “News Live” to discuss a recent trip through the South he took in order to determine “if Obama's candidacy was helping to pull people in the South together, freeing them of their histories, or pushing them apart.” During their discussion, the two journalists disparaged white Southerners who are skeptical of Obama as racists.

Responding to an inquiry by Brewer about his description of emotions in the South as “raw,” Dickey rendered any hesitations white Southerners may have with Obama as thinly-veiled racism:

"The South is part of the country that’s had to deal with race as an issue for a very long time and often very painfully so the idea that Obama is a black man that may be the next President of the United States has raised hopes among African-Americans tremendously, uh, but it’s also raised a lot of concerns among whites who may not talk about it as a race question but raise lots of other issues that may in some cases be code for race."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lyndsi-thomas/2008/08/04/msnbcs-brewer-does-obama-stand-chance-racist-south

mundame
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Now DNCTV is playing the race card by smearing the South

There's really only one solution:

People need to embrace the term "racist." Right now it's one of the most taboo terms in American language.

We need to all just say yes to it, agree to it, accept it.

Then they don't have any ammunition and have to actually deal with the issues.

As long as they can forbid everyone to talk about certain things, or talk in certain ways, they can win.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
There's really only one solution:

People need to embrace the term "racist." Right now it's one of the most taboo terms in American language.

We need to all just say yes to it, agree to it, accept it.

Then they don't have any ammunition and have to actually deal with the issues.

As long as they can forbid everyone to talk about certain things, or talk in certain ways, they can win.

Bottom line is Mundame, Dems will never admit they lose elections. When they lose they whine how the election was stolen, how not all the votes were counted, how they did not get their message out, or how the voters were suckered by the Republicans

They will never admit when the voters reject their liberal positions and liberalsim

This year the are able to add the race card to all their excuses

mundame
08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Bottom line is Mundame, Dems will never admit they lose elections. When they lose they whine how the election was stolen, how not all the votes were counted, how they did not get their message out, or how the voters were suckered by the Republicans

They will never admit when the voters reject their liberal positions and liberalsim

This year the are able to add the race card to all their excuses

Okay, that's a good argument, IMO.

I have been a little dismayed by all the accusations about vote stealing --- vote stealing is so much more common by DEMS, and everyone knows it, that the stories about electronic voting machines being programmed GOP seem paranoid to me.

Though I do want a paper trail.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Okay, that's a good argument, IMO.

I have been a little dismayed by all the accusations about vote stealing --- vote stealing is so much more common by DEMS, and everyone knows it, that the stories about electronic voting machines being programmed GOP seem paranoid to me.

Though I do want a paper trail.

I remember when Pres Reagan won 49 states in the 84 election - Dems gave the following excuse

"The American people were bought by slick marketing and packaging"

The idiots lost 49 states and still could not admit the voters felt they were wrong on the issues