PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to spring your clocks 1 hour ahead

krisy
03-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Clocks go an hour forward for most of us tonight

I will be screwed up all day tomorrow. The day always goes to fast for me when we move forward!!!

KarlMarx
03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Another example of needless government interference in our lives. I've spent a good percentage of the past two weeks screwing around with computer patches to support this.

I'm not the only one in my company that is involved with this, either.

I estimate that between this change alone, wasted several hundred thousand, if not a million, dollars in lost time and productivity.

The last time Congress changed the rules for DST, it was 1986. Back then, there was an Internet, but only the DoD and some universities were hooked up to it. Now, the estimate is about 250 million PCs and servers will be affected by this change .. in this country alone.

I honestly don't see the sense in going to DST for eight months out of the year, why don't we just stay on DST or on Standard Time permanently???

krisy
03-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Another example of needless government interference in our lives. I've spent a good percentage of the past two weeks screwing around with computer patches to support this.

I'm not the only one in my company that is involved with this, either.

I estimate that between this change alone, wasted several hundred thousand, if not a million, dollars in lost time and productivity.

The last time Congress changed the rules for DST, it was 1986. Back then, there was an Internet, but only the DoD and some universities were hooked up to it. Now, the estimate is about 250 million PCs and servers will be affected by this change .. in this country alone.

I honestly don't see the sense in going to DST for eight months out of the year, why don't we just stay on DST or on Standard Time permanently???

I always wondered why we change this too. In the winter,when we move the clocks back,it gets dark so freakin early. I'm ready for bed at like 7 oclock-lol!!!

Gaffer
03-10-2007, 01:16 PM
I have always hated DST.I didn't realize it was tonight, thanks Krisy.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I have always hated DST.I didn't realize it was tonight, thanks Krisy.

I LOVE DST !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. P
03-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I LOVE DST !!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, I wish they'd just leave it all year.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Me too, I wish they'd just leave it all year.

Agreed ! It must be a plot devised by the clockworkers union ! :laugh2:

stephanie
03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
It doesnt much matter for us.....We're working our way up to 24 hrs of daylight...

Come June.....

The sun sets at 12:30 am.......then rises again at 4am....

:laugh2:

Mr. P
03-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Agreed ! It must be a plot devised by the clockworkers union ! :laugh2:

Those Horologist are bastards!

I know, I are one, sorta of. It's a hobby for me and I am a bastard.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 03:21 PM

That figures--if they didn't make those clocks and watches so damn hard to calibrate or set the world would be a better place anyway ! :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
That figures--if they didn't make those clocks and watches so damn hard to calibrate or set the world would be a better place anyway ! :laugh2:

It would indeed. I don't play with 'new' stuff, only antique stuff. It's simple.

CSM
03-10-2007, 05:45 PM

It aint the clocks doin it!

jimnyc
03-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Clocks go an hour forward for most of us tonight

I will be screwed up all day tomorrow. The day always goes to fast for me when we move forward!!!

Wow, forgot all about that, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully the computers will take care of themselves, and my digital clock in my room will be easy, but I always forget how to update that damn clock on my stereo in my truck.

stephanie
03-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Wow, forgot all about that, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully the computers will take care of themselves, and my digital clock in my room will be easy, but I always forget how to update that damn clock on my stereo in my truck.

I always have that problem with the clock in my car....
I don't know why I can't remember.....:laugh2:

Mr. P
03-10-2007, 07:56 PM

New date, I doubt my puter will know it since I don't do update stuff. We'll see.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I always have that problem with the clock in my car....
I don't know why I can't remember.....:laugh2:

I hear ya-- I gotta keep the damn instructions for my watch ;aoifgjaramu;m;am; !!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
03-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I hear ya-- I gotta keep the damn instructions for my watch ;aoifgjaramu;m;am; !!!!!!!!!!

I just start pushing all the buttons on my radio, and eventually I find it..
But as soon as I do..I seem to forget how I did it...:coffee:

Mr. P
03-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I just start pushing all the buttons on my radio, and eventually I find it..
But as soon as I do..I seem to forget how I did it...:coffee:

I like pushing 'girl' buttons.:laugh2:

stephanie
03-10-2007, 08:26 PM

:slap: :laugh2:

dan
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM

You mean like the ones on the vaccuum and the dishwasher?

Please, ladies, allow me....:slap:

Mr. P
03-10-2007, 10:04 PM
You mean like the ones on the vaccuum and the dishwasher?

Please, ladies, allow me....:slap:

Obviously, you’ve never touched a 'woman’s' buttons.
Bone head!