PDA

View Full Version : John Warner: Jimmy Carter Was Right

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 12:54 AM
It's tough to admit for some but the praise of Jimmy is long overdue. Particularly on the subject of energy policy.

It took 30 years, but Jimmy Carter finally has gotten recognition for the wisdom of his energy policies. Speaking on Science Friday, Senator John Warner, a Republican from Virginia who first entered the Senate during Carter's term in office, said that Jimmy Carter "was right" when he called for a massive program of energy conservation and alternative energy research.

Senator Jeff Bingaman, Democrat from New Mexico, agreed. As chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, one would expect a fellow democrat to back the former President. But I must admit I was a bit surprised to hear Warner readily agree. Jimmy Carter has a tough time being called "right" about anything in his administration, let alone from Republicans. Warner has recently discovered the threat posed by global warming through his discussions with Pentagon brass who are concerned about the submerging of Naval ports around the world as the oceans rise. Though he is late to the ball, Warner readily admitted the country was asleep at the switch for the last three decades..............

More: http://www.sciencefriday.com/blog/index.php?archives/323-John-Warner-Jimmy-Carter-Was-Right.html

Sometimes the truth just takes a while to get out there, don't you know?!?!?!?!??

Hit it, Everybody, Oh My Bucket's Got A Hole In It: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

08-02-2008, 02:54 AM
With people spreading this garbage, you are right it does take an effort to get the truth out.

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Each day and in every way the respectable Republicans are telling more and more truth. I'll certainly give them that!!!!!!!!!!

With people spreading this garbage, you are right it does take an effort to get the truth out.

I don't see John Warner on the ticket, however. And with JM flippin' and floppin' all over the place I'm scared he might have a damned heart attack!!!!!! He ain't no spring chicken, ya know?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!

Take Five, Dave, dada dadadada dada dadadada,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::clap::cheers2::sal ute:

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2008, 05:49 AM
wait a minute.....we DID Jimmy Carter's conservation program.....oil imports still went up....the price of oil per barrel still went up.....doesn't that prove that conservation WON'T solve the problem.....

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 07:08 AM
I would suggest that we did not abide the warnings or the programs as envisioned by Jimmy Carter, pmp. Just how do you figure that we did?

wait a minute.....we DID Jimmy Carter's conservation program.....oil imports still went up....the price of oil per barrel still went up.....doesn't that prove that conservation WON'T solve the problem.....

But, maybe I missed it. I only lived through it, don't you know?!?!!?!?!?!??!

Hit it, Buck, Pop A Top, Again: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2008, 12:15 PM
I would suggest that we did not abide the warnings or the programs as envisioned by Jimmy Carter, pmp. Just how do you figure that we did?

But, maybe I missed it. I only lived through it, don't you know?!?!!?!?!?!??!

apparently you slept through it....I recall it as the first round of CAFE standards.....tiny cars made of aluminum foil with lawn mower moters.....people mounting solar panels on their roofs that stopped working with the first frost....the dozens of articles in the Mother Earth News telling us how to convert our cars to run natural gas and heat our homes with corn pellets.....then we ran into a few minor obstacles.....like Greeners blocking all those new nuclear plants Jimmy wanted.......