PDA

View Full Version : Obama Aide Concedes 'Dollar Bill' Remark Referred to His Race

red states rule
08-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Looks like Sen McCain was right on this issue - and the Obama Kool Aid drinkers were wrong

Obama Aide Concedes 'Dollar Bill' Remark Referred to His Race

Sen. Barack Obama's chief strategist conceded that the Democratic presidential candidate was referring to his race when he said Republicans were trying to scare voters by suggesting Obama "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

The comment had triggered a charge Thursday from Sen. John McCain's campaign manager that Obama had "played the race card... from the bottom of the deck."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story?id=5495348&page=1

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/obamoney2_080520_mn.jpg

mundame
08-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Obama Aide Concedes 'Dollar Bill' Remark Referred to His Race

Well, DUH!!! I don't suppose anyone in the country seriously doubted that.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 06:23 AM

But the Obamabots said he was not talking about his race. It was McCain who was playing the race card according to them :lol:

Trigg
08-04-2008, 07:48 PM

Well you partially right, reasonable people didn't doubt that the remark was about race. But the talking heads at MSNBC were furiously trying to find another explanation besides that one.

Joe Steel
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
So?

McCain was exploiting the latent racism of all Conservatives. Why shouldn't Obama say so?

retiredman
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
the biggest scam that the republican party has tried to pull in the past thirty years is to attempt to perpetuate this myth that racism is nonexistent in America. In less than one generation, we've gone from Jim Crow laws and murdering civil rights workers to a country that is COMPLETELY COLORBLIND! LMFAO!

there is not a republican on this board who has ever been racist or has ever even known anyone that is racist. what a fucking joke.

hjmick
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
the biggest scam that the republican party has tried to pull in the past thirty years is to attempt to perpetuate this myth that racism is nonexistent in America. In less than one generation, we've gone from Jim Crow laws and murdering civil rights workers to a country that is COMPLETELY COLORBLIND! LMFAO!

there is not a republican on this board who has ever been racist or has ever even known anyone that is racist. what a fucking joke.

Nope, I know a racist or two, but I do my best not to associate with the. This is particularly difficult at family reunions. One of them is my cousin. His blog is a tad goofy as well, conspiracy type crap among other things. Though I don't recall seeing anything racist on his blog.

Anyway, he's a real piece of work that one.

Yurt
08-04-2008, 10:21 PM

:link:

not a single person on the board has ever made those claims. and no republican has ever made those claims. you are not lying, so you must be mistaken.

red states rule
08-05-2008, 05:39 AM

What is a bigger lie is the Dem party claiming to be opposed to any racism. Oh they are defenders of black liberals when they are the subject of a racist attack

But if it is a black conservative, the left turns a blind eye and deaf ear. Usually because the racist attacks are coming from the left with the blessing of the Dem party

The Dems party always checks color and party affilitation before calling a racist attack a racist attack