PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: Elitist

Joe Steel
08-02-2008, 07:16 AM
McCain wears $500 shoes and calls Obama an elitist.

Apparently, McCain's confusion is getting worse.

...John McCain "has worn a pair of $520 black leather Ferragamo shoes on every recent campaign stop — from a news conference with the Dalai Lama to a supermarket visit in Bethlehem, PA."

McCain's $520 loafers put 'elitist' shoe on the other foot (http://rawstory.com/news/2008/CNN_McCains_elite_feet_wear_520_0731.html)

08-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Elitism isnt measured by your money. It's measured by your ego.

You're an elitist too even though im sure you are dirt poor.

midcan5
08-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Do elitists abandon their wife, the one who raised their children, John did! I guess so if you want to marry rich and move up the political food chain. I wonder if holding his breath as noted below is why he lost most of his good sense?

http://www.answers.com/topic/john-mccain

"McCain was born on August 29, 1936, in the Panama Canal Zone. He was one of three children born to John S. McCain Jr. and his wife, Roberta. McCain's father and grandfather were both admirals in the United States Navy, the first father and son serving at that rank in naval history. Quick to anger even as a toddler, McCain used to hold his breath until he passed out when thwarted. After bouncing from school to school in the tradition of a child of a military family, McCain was sent to high school at the elite Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Virginia. There, his temper remained short and repeated discipline appeared wasted on him. "I thank God every day there weren't drugs around when I was growing up," he told Jonathan Alter of Newsweek. Despite his best efforts, McCain graduated from Episcopal High in 1954.

After graduation McCain went off to follow the family trade at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. However, the storied disciplinary effect of military school had little effect on the rambunctious young man. He continued to push the buttons and limits of his superiors, accumulating an impressive number of demerits for small infractions and barely squeaking by academically to graduate in the bottom five of his class in 1958. Even after being accepted to train as a naval aviator, McCain was irrepressible and irresponsible, ditching one airplane into Corpus Christi Bay and flying another so low in Spain that he managed to cut power lines and deprive part of the country of electricity for a time. "

Yurt
08-02-2008, 12:53 PM
no, elitist only cheat and get blowjobs...and leave someone in a river to die while intoxicated :poke:

but how admiral of them to stay with their wives...imagine jesse jackson's wife's thrill when she found out he had a child out of wedlock while married to her...

retiredman
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM
John Edwards' haircuts were all the talk of internet...but John McCain's shoes are not worthy of discussion?:lol:

Sitarro
08-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I think burning 50,000 gallons of jet fuel for some lame ass photo ops is pretty elitist.

midcan5
08-02-2008, 03:01 PM
"(1) The belief: that government ought in principle, always and everywhere, to be confined to elites. Rarely a worked-out doctrine in its own right, more often a piece of unexamined value judgement, or a view which follows from some more general argument in political philosophy, as for example in Plato's Republic."

Since we are in the political realm, elitism is about the conservative nanny state which supports the wealthy rather than all the people. Bush's 'my people,' (the rich) or McCain marrying money for power are the key elitist actions that fit the real definition. Obama's working in Chicago is anti elitist as it helped people in need.

http://www.conservativenannystate.org/

“Dean Baker is one of the most insightful and original economists in Washington. With this book, he exposes the prevailing myth of modern conservatives. They are not for limited government, as they claim. Rather, they are for a government that helps their own. Baker says it is time to balance the books. Government is by all the people, for all the people. It's that simple.”

– Jeff Madrick, author of Why Economies Grow: The Forces That Shape Prosperity and

08-02-2008, 04:43 PM
John Edwards' haircuts were all the talk of internet...but John McCain's shoes are not worthy of discussion?:lol:

When John McCain starts going around telling everyone that the rich are evil and that he is going to screw them over for the little guy while acting like a hypocritical rich man, perhaps they will be. Till then, I don't really care.

crin63
08-02-2008, 06:00 PM

Shoes last longer than haircuts. With proper care those shoes will last for years and are a good investment, not weeks like Edwards haircuts.

crin63
08-02-2008, 06:15 PM
McCain wears $500 shoes and calls Obama an elitist.

Apparently, McCain's confusion is getting worse.

Obama is an Elitist, and McCain's shoes don't change that. I wonder where Obama gets his shoes, Walmart. Yeah right.

Steel Joe, I don't know what kind of work you do but even a decent pair of workboots are about $200 and are worth every penny. I bought 3 pairs of $200 boots when I was working so I could rotate through them and get years out of them.

Something else you rocket scientists probably haven't considered is that he may very well have physical damage to his feet from his time as a POW (or some other reason) and needs a very well made shoe in order to walk around without being in constant pain. Shoes affect the ankles, knees, hips and back as well. Anyone who is standing making speeches frequently would be wise to invest in good quality shoes.

Talk about grasping at straws.

Joe Steel
08-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Obama is an Elitist, and McCain's shoes don't change that. I wonder where Obama gets his shoes, Walmart. Yeah right.

Steel Joe, I don't know what kind of work you do but even a decent pair of workboots are about $200 and are worth every penny. I bought 3 pairs of $200 boots when I was working so I could rotate through them and get years out of them.

Something else you rocket scientists probably haven't considered is that he may very well have physical damage to his feet from his time as a POW (or some other reason) and needs a very well made shoe in order to walk around without being in constant pain. Shoes affect the ankles, knees, hips and back as well. Anyone who is standing making speeches frequently would be wise to invest in good quality shoes.

Talk about grasping at straws.

Exactly.

You're trying to spin McCain's $500 shoes into some kind of Republicon principle.

Desperate.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 08:24 PM
$500 dress shoes...pffft

that is nothing, far from elite

btw, even wearing $50,000 shoes does not make you an elitist :poke:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:27 PM
$500 dress shoes...pffft

that is nothing, far from elite

btw, even wearing $50,000 shoes does not make you an elitist :poke:

how many pairs of $500 shoes you got, counselor?:lol:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 08:31 PM
how many pairs of $500 shoes you got, counselor?:lol:

what does that have to do with $500 mens dress shoes not being "elite" or top of the line? why you would want to know what shoes i own is creepy....

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:39 PM
what does that have to do with $500 mens dress shoes not being "elite" or top of the line? why you would want to know what shoes i own is creepy....
most real men I know would think that spending $500 for a pair of shoes would be for "elitists". Maybe california sheeny shysters have a different frame of reference.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
most real men I know would think that spending $500 for a pair of shoes would be for "elitists". Maybe california sheeny shysters have a different frame of reference.

more gratutious insults....boooring

but humorous coming from one who whines about insults, pussy

and just because you don't know any, doesn't mean they exist...go to NYC, Boston, Chicago....its not just california you backwards hick

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:56 PM
more gratutious insults....boooring

but humorous coming from one who whines about insults, pussy

and just because you don't know any, doesn't mean they exist...go to NYC, Boston, Chicago....its not just california you backwards hick

SO SHEENY SHYTERS IN ALL THOSE CITIES WEAR $500 SHOES FROM THE PROCEEDS OF SCREWING POOR CLIENTS OUT OF THEIR JUST COMPENSATION?

LIVE AND LEARN

crin63
08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Exactly.

You're trying to spin McCain's $500 shoes into some kind of Republicon principle.

Desperate.

What a Joe, I'm not spinning anything, I don't even like McCain. I was just trying to explain something that should be clear even to a child, but your venomous hated of all things non-Marxist has you blind to even the simplest truths.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 09:03 PM
i did not mention lawyers. you don't think top CEO's or top business people wear more than $500 shoes? good lord, you need to get out more...check out john lobb shoes or check out shoes that are custom tailored...

and so what if atty's want to wear those shoes?

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:21 PM
i did not mention lawyers. you don't think top CEO's or top business people wear more than $500 shoes? good lord, you need to get out more...check out john lobb shoes or check out shoes that are custom tailored...

and so what if atty's want to wear those shoes?
do you think that joe sixpack wears $500 shoes?

Joe Steel
08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
What a Joe, I'm not spinning anything, I don't even like McCain. I was just trying to explain something that should be clear even to a child, but your venomous hated of all things non-Marxist has you blind to even the simplest truths.

Five hundred dollar shoes are $500 shoes. They don't need explaining. They serve no purpose but telling everyone who sees them the owner thinks he's better than him.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Five hundred dollar shoes are $500 shoes. They don't need explaining. They serve no purpose but telling everyone who sees them the owner thinks he's better than him.

not to the man wearing $1000 shoes

Yurt
08-02-2008, 09:54 PM
do you think that joe sixpack wears $500 shoes?

if joe sixpack works in big corporate land...don't disparage things you don't understand

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:55 PM
not to the man wearing $1000 shoes

the closest you have ever gotten to $1000 shoes is to get on your hands and knees and lick them.
:laugh2:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 10:09 PM
the closest you have ever gotten to $1000 shoes is to get on your hands and knees and lick them.
:laugh2:

so all you have are gratutious insults....booooring

retiredman
08-02-2008, 10:21 PM
so all you have are gratutious insults....booooring

I notice you have stayed away from my thread that I started at your behest.

and you really should use the google spellchecker.

moron.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I notice you have stayed away from my thread that I started at your behest.

and you really should use the google spellchecker.

moron.

what thread and all you have still are insults....can't debate like a rational adult?

anyways, you have failed to answer why is it a problem if a lawyer or business man chooses to wear $500+ shoes...

Sitarro
08-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I have a bigger problem with how ugly those shoes are, they would look more at home on some poser negro.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 10:56 PM
what thread and all you have still are insults....can't debate like a rational adult?

anyways, you have failed to answer why is it a problem if a lawyer or business man chooses to wear $500+ shoes...

no more a problem than when a lawyer or a businessman chooses to get expensive haircuts.

if getting an expensive haircut is used by one side of the aisle to disparage the credentials of a candidate from the other side of the aisle and suggest that such a haircut is evidence that he cannot really care for the people less fortunate than himself, then $500 shoes can, therefore, also be used as evidence that a candidate from the OTHER side of the aisle is equally out of touch with real Americans.

Is that analogy really all that difficult for your "brilliant legal brain" to comprehend?

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 10:59 PM
no more a problem than when a lawyer or a businessman chooses to get expensive haircuts.

if getting an expensive haircut is used by one side of the aisle to disparage the credentials of a candidate from the other side of the aisle and suggest that such a haircut is evidence that he cannot really care for the people less fortunate than himself, then $500 shoes can, therefore, also be used as evidence that a candidate from the OTHER side of the aisle is equally out of touch with real Americans.

Is that analogy really all that difficult for your "brilliant legal brain" to comprehend?

Did McCain pay for those shoes out of political contributions? I do believe that is where the problem came in with Edwards.

hjmick
08-02-2008, 11:05 PM
You people are arguing about a man's shoes! :lmao:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 11:05 PM

wrong, plain wrong...go back and read what the difference is about edwards and mccain. your insults are still boring, care to stop now...

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Did McCain pay for those shoes out of political contributions? I do believe that is where the problem came in with Edwards.

who cares? what a ridiculous distinction.

stephanie
08-02-2008, 11:14 PM

Oh???

so your boy(Edwards) can pay for a 500 dollar haircut and claim it was for work related and write it off..

But, John McCain or who knows, maybe his rich ass wife bought him his pair of shoes, and there is no difference???

and it was your buddy who brought this thread to begin with...so it was important to him..:coffee:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:18 PM
if it was OK for your side to bitch about Edwards' haircuts, you then can't whine when someone from the left bitches about McCain's shoes.

come on. this can't be that difficult for you.

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 11:21 PM

Hardly. Now you are being disingenuous.

Bonnie
08-02-2008, 11:27 PM

I wonder if Edward's kept woman and love child expenses are tax deductable.. Just what is the going rate for hush money these days:coffee:

stephanie
08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
if it was OK for your side to bitch about Edwards' haircuts, you then can't whine when someone from the left bitches about McCain's shoes.

come on. this can't be that difficult for you.

ARE YOU TALKING TO A MIRROR??:poke:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:28 PM

bullshit. a candidate buys a haircut or a suit or a pair of shoes or whatever the hell he thinks he needs to maximize his appearance at the next rally. it doesn't matter. expensive haircuts...expensive shoes...you make a big deal out of the former, don't bitch if WE make a big deal out of the latter.

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 11:33 PM
bullshit. a candidate buys a haircut or a suit or a pair of shoes or whatever the hell he thinks he needs to maximize his appearance at the next rally. it doesn't matter. expensive haircuts...expensive shoes...you make a big deal out of the former, don't bitch if WE make a big deal out of the latter.

His buying expensive shoes is his business. Edwards haircuts certainly would have been his business also, if not for the fact that he was paying for them with political contributions. BTW, it seems some of those haircuts were along the line of $1500 after flying in the hairdresser. Oh my, that would be 3 pairs of ugly shoes for McCain.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 11:37 PM
In its filings with the Federal Elections Commission, John Edwards' campaign disclosed that the candidate received two $400 haircuts from a Beverly Hills stylist this year. What do you get for a $400 haircut?

A house call, for one thing. The stylist who cut Edwards' hair, Joseph Torrenueva, normally charges $150 when men come to his salon, Torrenueva Hair Designs. But he traveled to meet Edwards at another location, and charged extra for the inconvenience. (Other stylists at the same salon charge as little as $60 or $75 for a trim.) Torrenueva told the AP that he and Edwards are longtime friends, and that he usually goes to Edwards, rather than vice versa.

http://www.slate.com/id/2164520/

completely different than shoes....and the platform of edwards is completely different than mccain...apples/oranges...

anyways....back to the point that $500 for a pair of men's dress shoes that last YEARS is not elite and not a big deal...nordstrom's sells shoes in the 3-400 range...this is no big deal...

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 11:39 PM

:laugh2: Well better than some of the things lately! At least this one has some self-evident hilarity to it.

stephanie
08-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Haircuts are going to be the least of John Edwards worries here soon..

When his lover sues his ass for child support for the child they had out of their affair..

Couldn't seem like KARMA was dished out any better than that...:cheers2:

Sitarro
08-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I wonder if Edward's kept woman and love child expenses are tax deductable.. Just what is the going rate for hush money these days:coffee:

BONNIE!!!!! Where have you been?

PostmodernProphet
08-03-2008, 05:51 AM
can you criticize a man if you can't AFFORD to walk a mile in his shoes?.......

Joe Steel
08-03-2008, 08:16 AM

No. This is about a guy who wears $500 shoes and calls his opponent an elitist.

crin63
08-03-2008, 08:40 AM
No. This is about a guy who wears $500 shoes and calls his opponent an elitist.

I realize its more than your Marxist brain can comprehend but shoes do not make a person an elitist. Being a snob is, thinking that working class people are bitter, clinging to their guns and religion with antipathy toward people who aren't like them is ELITIST.

PostmodernProphet
08-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I realize its more than your Marxist brain can comprehend but shoes do not make a person an elitist. Being a snob is, thinking that working class people are bitter, clinging to their guns and religion with antipathy toward people who aren't like them is ELITIST.

I honestly have to say, if McCain was an elitist, he would have had his teeth fixed by now......