PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming survey

emmett
08-02-2008, 10:51 AM
This weekend another random survey of shoppers in Commerce, Georgia at the outlet mall will occur. Questions for this survey will be:
(My ten year old granddaughter will be assisting, incidentally she answered all questions accurately already)

Name the second president of the United States.

What year did Alaska become a state? Bonus: Who owned Alaska before us?

Who was the first woman to run for president of the United States?

Who wrote the Declartaion of Independence?

These surveys are a blast. Y'all should try this some time. It only takes a couple of hours to run through about 25 or so folks. Almost everybody answers. All you have to do is ask them, tell them it is only three or four questions. If you tell them it is a school project it goes over better. Each survey takes about 2 minutes.

I think this is the fourth one we will have conducted. it's really fun and an educational experience for her.

emmett
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Here are the results. The great thing is we located Libertarians, two of them! That usually does not happen.

2 Libertarians / 1 was black (yippe) 1 was white - Answered all questions accurately, even the Victoria Woodall question. The black kid was a Georgia student at UGA.

14 Republicans 7m7w / 12 white / 2 hispanic, only one (a woman) knew that Victoria Woodall was the first woman to run for president. One of the Hispanics could not answer who wrote the Declaration of Independence. Only 3 knew that Alaska became the 49th state in 1959, and unfortunately only 10 of 14 knew that John Adams was the second president.

17 Democrats / 10 women, 7 men / 7 white, 8 black, 2 hispanic , NOONE knew the name of the first woman to run for president (however 3 did say Shirley Chislolm, yes it was three of the blacks) 1 said Geraldine Ferraro, 3 said Hillary Clinton, 1 said Barbara Dole. 15 knew that TJ wrote the declaration. 13 knew that John Adams was the second president, allthough one said John Quincy Adams (we let it slide). 1 answered Abraham Lincoln. 1 answered Theodore Roosevelt.
ABSOLUTELY NONE knew the year Alaska became a state. NONE!!!!! 5 knew that it was Russia's before us though.

All Democrats said they intended to vote for Barack Obama except one. He said he was undecided but leaning toward John McCain.

15 Republicans said they were goiung to vote for JM. All 15 said they would rather vote for Fred Thompson if given a choice. 2 said they were undecided but may vote Libertarian. (These two were the parents of the young lady who declared herself a Libertarian, 23 yrs of age) Hoorah!

In closing, we have once agaion been provided more entertainment than we could have bought. Lex said it was better than going to play miniture golf ans wants to do surveys every Saturday. I told her maybe once a month. She is planning to do the teachers at her Elementary School, she will be fifth grade this year. I wonder how that will go over. I told her I would have to approve the questions, she said that would be censorship!!!!!! ROFLMAO!

None of the people questioned in the survey were under age 18.

emmett
08-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Correction: There were only 14 republicans. We had counted the daughter of a couple we interviewed initially as a republican but we were corrected that she was a Libertarian. Our lists were crossed.