PDA

View Full Version : Obama a frady cat? Backs away from debate challenge.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Obama backs away from McCain's debate challenge

WASHINGTON - Democratic candidate Barack Obama on Saturday backed away from rival John McCain's challenge for a series of joint appearances before the political conventions, agreeing only to the standard three debates in the fall.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080802/ap_on_el_pr/presidential_debates

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 03:10 PM
When polling data supports joint appearances, the 143 change canidate will "refine" his position.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:11 PM
When polling data supports joint appearances, the 143 change canidate will "refine" his position.

:lol:

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:14 PM
ho hum...another day, another Obama bashing thread from yurt.

boooring:lol:

I wonder if you'd call McCain a frady cat if he backed away from an Obama challenge for a little one on one B-ball game?

MtnBiker
08-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I guess playing basketball is relevant for a 143 change canidate.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:45 PM

I wonder if you'd call McCain a frady cat if he backed away from an Obama challenge for a little one on one B-ball game?

yep, so boring it made the national news wire....ho hum, more hate talk from mfm when someone posts something he doesn't agree with...you don't like it, leave.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:50 PM
yep, so boring it made the national news wire....ho hum, more hate talk from mfm when someone posts something he doesn't agree with...you don't like it, leave.

I'll leave when I am good and fucking ready, and certainly not when some snot nosed little twit from california tells me to.

mmmkay? :)

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I guess playing basketball is relevant for a 143 change canidate.

candidates always negotiate the debate formats and numbers. no candidates merely jump all over the first proposal from their opponent. it is how the game is played, is it not?

Yurt
08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I'll leave when I am good and fucking ready, and certainly not when some snot nosed little twit from california tells me to.

mmmkay? :)

thanks for the gratuitous insult, now keep out of this thread if that is all you are going to do, i am supposed to monitor my speech around you according to a certain mod....

you are always telling people to leave america, good for you but not for me...how "fair"

retiredman
08-02-2008, 03:55 PM
thanks for the gratuitous insult, now keep out of this thread if that is all you are going to do, i am supposed to monitor my speech around you according to a certain mod....

post 8

red states rule
08-02-2008, 03:56 PM

you are always telling people to leave america, good for you but not for me...how "fair"

Must be a sermon from the Book of Liberal Tolerance

Yurt
08-02-2008, 04:17 PM
candidates always negotiate the debate formats and numbers. no candidates merely jump all over the first proposal from their opponent. it is how the game is played, is it not?

must click link....

In May, when a McCain adviser proposed a series of pre-convention appearances at town hall meetings, Obama said, "I think that's a great idea." In summer stumping on the campaign trail, McCain has often noted that Obama had not followed through and joined him in any events.

:lol:

McCain's campaign disparaged Obama for backing off. "We understand it might be beneath a worldwide celebrity of Barack Obamas magnitude to appear at town hall meetings alongside John McCain and directly answer questions from the American people, but we hope hell reconsider," spokesman Brian Rogers said.

k-fed understands...

red states rule
08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
McCain could take on the messiah in a game Chess, and Obama and his Kool Aid drinkers would probably call that a racist stunt, with black and white pieces on the board.

08-02-2008, 04:58 PM

What? You hoping Obama gives McCain a heart attack during the game?

I find it amusing you seem to think basketball is relevant to the Presidency, yet the debate of ideas and vision for the country isnt. And you wonder why we think liberals are shallow...

retiredman
08-02-2008, 05:06 PM
What? You hoping Obama gives McCain a heart attack during the game?

I find it amusing you seem to think basketball is relevant to the Presidency, yet the debate of ideas and vision for the country isnt. And you wonder why we think liberals are shallow...

basketball is not relevant at all....

The fact that the Obama campaign does not rush to agree completely with a John McCain debate schedule suggestion is not an indication that he is a frady cat, either, is it?

red states rule
08-02-2008, 05:11 PM

The fact that the Obama campaign does not rush to agree completely with a John McCain debate schedule suggestion is not an indication that he is a frady cat, either, is it?

It shows he is worried about something. Like having to answer specific questions with specific answers

retiredman
08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
It shows he is worried about something. Like having to answer specific questions with specific answers

that is what you think it shows. that bears little correlation to reality, however.

red states rule
08-02-2008, 05:13 PM
that is what you think it shows. that bears little correlation to reality, however.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2698584759_9aa8e27fe4.jpg?v=0

Yurt
08-02-2008, 07:04 PM

obama already said it would be a good idea...now that he still refuses to the town hall style debates...mccain callled him on it and obama is now backing away from it...so yes, he at first jumped on it.

hjmick
08-02-2008, 07:54 PM

I wouldn't, for two reasons. One, the man can not lift his arms higher than his shoulders. This is the result, you may recall, of years of torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese. And two, the ability to play basketball has absolutely nothing to do with being President.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
obama already said it would be a good idea...now that he still refuses to the town hall style debates...mccain callled him on it and obama is now backing away from it...so yes, he at first jumped on it.

he said it was "a good idea". That is not an agreement to the terms that McCain has set forth. It very well be a good idea. So is finding a fucking cure for cancer. big deal. Obama has "backed away " from nothing.

but you, of course, could NEVER see it that way, being blinded by hatred as you are.:lol:

Yurt
08-02-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jha/lowres/jhan220l.jpg

retiredman
08-02-2008, 08:37 PM
yurt and his butt buddy rsr are reduced to posting cartoons. how droll.:laugh2:

08-02-2008, 08:59 PM

There was hardly a rush in his refusal to debate. McCain proposed this weeks ago.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2216/2337588430_3b41b646ef_m.jpg

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
There was hardly a rush in his refusal to debate. McCain proposed this weeks ago.

is there some sort of time requirement? I missed that.

emmett
08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
BOB BARR! Bob Barr would make mince meat out of McCain's civil liberty record. Obama would stand and shake while Bob spoke. Of course it won't happen, never does but if it did Mr. Barr would consume them both and spit them back out.

emmett
08-02-2008, 09:42 PM
WARNING: The above post will not be commented on because the User is being ignored! He knows it but will continue to post Pro-American Liberty and Freedom messages anyway despite that his ol pals think he has gone quacky!

emmett
08-02-2008, 09:44 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2216/2337588430_3b41b646ef_m.jpg

Need to put Mccains face on that can too.

08-03-2008, 09:34 AM
is there some sort of time requirement? I missed that.

You were the one complaining about the time. I was just pointing out that you can't really rush to anything when you've had plenty of time to think things out.

08-03-2008, 09:35 AM
WARNING: The above post will not be commented on because the User is being ignored! He knows it but will continue to post Pro-American Liberty and Freedom messages anyway despite that his ol pals think he has gone quacky!

Actually, its more likely it's being ignored because there isnt really much to respond to there.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I still have never really seen Obama take any questions from the public. And by public I mean people that are not big Obamabots fans at a rally.

Katie Couric, and the Philly debate mods are about the only ones that have asked the tough questions.

and the messiah stumbled along with double talk in both cases