PDA

View Full Version : Yurt and my dad

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:19 PM
A long time ago, Yurt made a comment about my Dad, who died a little more than a year ago, but in his prime was a great lawyer and the founder of one of the most successful law firms in Illinois. Upon first reading, I took yurt's comment to be an insult upon my recently deceased father and was FURIOUS about it. I attacked him vehemently for his apparent attack at my recently dead Dad and he quickly countered with his explanation that he had not insulted my Dad, but that it had been, instead, merely an insult of ME. I did not see it that way for a while and was still quite irate at yurt, but, after calming down, I realized that his insult had mentioned my dad, but had not insulted him. per se, but had only insulted me.

Yurt demanded that I publicly acknowledge that he had not insulted my dad, but, in fact, had insulted only me, and I did so, back on June 22nd: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=15375

In retrospect, I must admit that Yurt's comments from long ago, about my dad, were not actually insults of my father, but were meant as jabs at me.

I am certain that my father was a marvelous attorney. His record stands on its own.

I have no reason to doubt that Yurt is a competent attorney in his own right.

yurt's reply, which was the first reply on the thread, is noteworthy:

"thank you. i must admit, i am pleasantly surprised at your honesty in this matter."

I thought, at that time, that the matter was closed, but now, yurt has demanded that I apologize AGAIN for EVER suggesting that his comments about my dad were insults of my dad and not insults of me instead.

Whatever. As I have said repeatedly to this creepy little twerp.... I understand that you were not insulting my dad and were instead insulting me... you were insulting me.... you were insulting me.... you were insulting me... not my dad....not my dad...I get it...I get it... I get it...

now get off my fucking back and quit repeatedly calling me a liar. Is this good enough? If not....why not tell me what words you would like me to type that would get you off of my back. Regardless, you are an insulting little fucking worm, whoever you are insulting, you are good at it. congratulations.

Is this good enough?

Mr. P
08-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Both of you have been acting like 5 yr olds for weeks now.. GET THE FUCK OVER IT, BOTH OF YOU!

retiredman
08-02-2008, 09:32 PM
thank you.

wilco.

Dilloduck
08-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Both of you have been acting like 5 yr olds for weeks now.. GET THE FUCK OVER IT, BOTH OF YOU!

:clap:

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 10:29 PM

Agreed. It's gone beyond what is reasonable behavior.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 10:33 PM
what the hell, for days now i have been trying to get the discussions up and all you have are insults P and K? fuck that.

and mfm, you admitted you knew all along i did not insult your dad, get over it...

retiredman
08-02-2008, 10:50 PM
what the hell, for days now i have been trying to get the discussions up and all you have are insults P and K? fuck that.

and mfm, you admitted you knew all along i did not insult your dad, get over it...

I never admitted that I knew all along. What more do you want me to say?

I have started two separate threads at your request. I have tried to tell the world that you did not insult my dad. please tell me what more I need to say to get you to stop insulting me.

Yurt
08-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I never admitted that I knew all along. What more do you want me to say?

I have started two separate threads at your request. I have tried to tell the world that you did not insult my dad. please tell me what more I need to say to get you to stop insulting me.

i never requested this thread. it was a pm discussion YOU started and YOU made public without permission. not that i care. i am not going to drag the board through this again. i made it very clear in the PM why i believe you are liar. and i made it very clear how you can clear that up. either do that or STFU.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:12 PM
i never requested this thread. it was a pm discussion YOU started and YOU made public without permission. not that i care. i am not going to drag the board through this again. i made it very clear in the PM why i believe you are liar. and i made it very clear how you can clear that up. either do that or STFU.

I think I did as honestly as I possibly can. I explained that, when you FIRST made the statement, I took it to be an insult of my father, but later realized that it was not. I made one thread stating that, which you, at the time, thanked me for, and I have now made a second. Please tell me, here, publicly, what I need to say that will get this matter cleared up.

oh... and do I have your permission to publish the PM's in question so that all can see why I have started this thread?

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 11:19 PM
How about cutting down on the name calling? Repeated use of shyster lawyer, demeaning names often based upon derogatory names for women?

Yurt has been attempting to refrain from using 'liar', you keep bringing it up. How about you not keep attacking, unless it's in reaction to something done, from THIS point forward?

Both of you have brought some great insights from different points of view for long periods of time. This 'feud' has gotten out of hand and perhaps it's just a real good time to knock it off?

If everyone could do that, we can bash each other over ideas, rather than personally.

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I think I did as honestly as I possibly can. I explained that, when you FIRST made the statement, I took it to be an insult of my father, but later realized that it was not. I made one thread stating that, which you, at the time, thanked me for, and I have now made a second. Please tell me, here, publicly, what I need to say that will get this matter cleared up.

oh... and do I have your permission to publish the PM's in question so that all can see why I have started this thread?

NO! No pm's published, with or without each other's permission, unless Jim agrees to it.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:23 PM
How about cutting down on the name calling? Repeated use of shyster lawyer, demeaning names often based upon derogatory names for women?

Yurt has been attempting to refrain from using 'liar', you keep bringing it up. How about you not keep attacking, unless it's in reaction to something done, from THIS point forward?

Both of you have brought some great insights from different points of view for long periods of time. This 'feud' has gotten out of hand and perhaps it's just a real good time to knock it off?

If everyone could do that, we can bash each other over ideas, rather than personally.

yurt has continually asked for this sort of public mea culpa. I have given it to him TWICE. I have asked him to apologive for calling ME a liar. he has NEVER done so. Get HIM to do his part. I have done MINE....TWICE.

I HATE being called a liar and just because he hasn't called me one today, does not remove the sting of his having called me one countless times before. Until he apologizes, this matter remains unresolved.

retiredman
08-02-2008, 11:25 PM
NO! No pm's published, with or without each other's permission, unless Jim agrees to it.

why didn't you blast yurt when he did precisely that?

hypocrisy, thy name is "moderation".

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 11:26 PM
yurt has continually asked for this sort of public mea culpa. I have given it to him TWICE. I have asked him to apologive for calling ME a liar. he has NEVER done so. Get HIM to do his part. I have done MINE....TWICE.

I HATE being called a liar and just because he hasn't called me one today, does not remove the sting of his having called me one countless times before. Until he apologizes, this matter remains unresolved.

Ok, I'm locking this for now. Jim, dmp, or MtnBkr can decide to reopen it. If you have some suggestion on resolving the issue, pm them.

Kathianne
08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
why didn't you blast yurt when he did precisely that?

hypocrisy, thy name is "moderation".

It wasn't my call. Again, feel free to pm one of the administrators.