PDA

View Full Version : Got One Big One

Kathianne
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080803/ap_on_re_mi_ea/al_qaida_commanders_killed

Al-Qaida: Explosives expert wanted by US killed

By ANNA JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer2 hours, 22 minutes ago

Al-Qaida confirmed Sunday the death of a top commander accused of training the suicide bombers who killed 17 American sailors on the USS Cole eight years ago.

Abu Khabab al-Masri, who had a $5 million bounty on his head from the United States, is believed to have been killed in an airstrike apparently launched by the U.S. in Pakistan last week.

An al-Qaida statement posted on the Internet said al-Masri and three other top figures were killed and warned of vengeance for their deaths. It did not say when, where or how they died but said some of their children were killed along with them.

... I doubt al-Zawahri was affected, not because impossible, just a needle in a haystack.

Gaffer
08-03-2008, 09:24 PM
When I heard it was an air strike in pakistan I figured it was a US strike. Probably a predator. It's not something the paks would do. It is good news though and shows we are actively going after the scumbags in pakistan.

They never fail to mention that children were killed too. If they didn't surround themselves with children for protection and propaganda purposes there wouldn't be any children killed.

Dilloduck
08-03-2008, 09:27 PM
An al-Qaida statement posted on the Internet said al-Masri and three other top figures were killed and warned of vengeance for their deaths.

Posted on the internet?? Why does that sound like something that everyone outta take with a boulder of salt ?

PostmodernProphet
08-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Posted on the internet?? Why does that sound like something that everyone outta take with a boulder of salt ?

????....everything from AQ comes from the internet....were you expecting them to schedule a press conference in Geneva or something?......