PDA

View Full Version : Fire Reported At Westboro Baptist Church

Psychoblues
08-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Reichwingers attacking other reichwingers? It sure looks that way to me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Source: KC Star

TOPEKA | The Topeka Fire Department is investigating a small fire outside of a church whose members protest at soldier’s funerals.

A fence and garage at Fred Phelps’ Westboro Baptist Church became engulfed in flames early Saturday, according to the Topeka Capitol-Journal Web site. The fire did not spread to the church building.

Topeka Fire Marshal Greg Bailey said the cause of the fire has not been determined. However, a spokeswoman for the church, Shirley Phelps-Roper, said she believes it was deliberately set.

Members of the church frequently picket military funerals, arguing that the deaths of U.S. troops overseas are part of God’s punishment for the nation’s tolerance of homosexuality.

Bailey said damage is estimated at $10,000........

More: http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/731280.html

Burning Churches is fairly common in that bunch, you know.

Hit it, Preacher, There Will Be Peace In The Valley: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

hjmick
08-03-2008, 08:26 PM
The Phelps klan are a bunch of inbred nutters.

Psychoblues
08-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I see what you mean, hmjick.............

The Phelps klan are a bunch of inbred nutters.

Strange, how they do what they do!!!!!!

hjmick
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I see what you mean, hmjick.............

Strange, how they do what they do!!!!!!

Even more strange is that no former or current member of the military hasn't taken papa Phelps down, yet. I say better not to make a martyr of the douche bag. Let him rant. Most people see him for what he is, a despicable hatemonger. Someone to be despised rather than revered. Twenty five years from now, the number of people who remember Fred Phelps won't fill a Denny's.

Psychoblues
08-03-2008, 09:10 PM
He is certainly a hatemonger, I'll give you that, hmjick. I wonder about the hate in the jerks that think burning his church down is somehow their patriotic duty?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??! This is America. Are't we supposed to be above all that?

hjmick
08-03-2008, 09:30 PM
He is certainly a hatemonger, I'll give you that, hmjick. I wonder about the hate in the jerks that think burning his church down is somehow their patriotic duty?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??! This is America. Are't we supposed to be above all that?

I hear what you're saying, and I tend to agree with the sentiment. Burning a church, regardless of what the congregation may espouse, definitely goes against my strong belief in the First Amendment. But I'm having trouble mustering any sympathy for the Phelps' and at the same time I am having difficulty marshaling any anger for the perpetrator/perpetrators who set the fire. This does not mean that if caught I don't want to see the firebug(s) prosecuted, I do, but at the same time I understand why someone would want to put a hurt on Phelps.

Psychoblues
08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
You and I are on the same level in that observation, hmjick!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading and riting back!!!!!!!!!!

Immanuel
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
What I want to know, PB, is how you can blame conservatives on this one? It is possible a conservative group has done this, but it is as likely or even more likely that a homosexual activist group did this.

Did I miss something in the article or are you just pointing your finger at someone because you don't like them?

Regardless, burning a church is wrong and so was the shooting in Tennessee last weekend.

Immie

darin
08-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Manny - he was just stirring...don't worry.

Immanuel
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Manny - he was just stirring...don't worry.

Hehe, not worried a bit, but wanted to point out that it is not a given the perps in this case were conservative. Although, it is true that Phelps has not made any friends on either side of the spectrum. I wonder if he's got any friends at all. From what I have seen the man is sick.

Immie