PDA

View Full Version : Lady leaves 3 children alone while she party's

emmett
08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
This is happening right now! How do I know, cause I just called the Sheriff's department to go and check on these children. What did they do, they knocked, got no answer, and left.

No you are not immaginaing this. This is happening right now. Currently I am parked on a side street in Carrollton, Ga. watching this house waiting for a car I am to repossess to come home. I have been here since 5:30 pm. Initially I had checked this residence a few times earlier to no avail and decided to catch a little nap in the parking lot of a nearby QT store and then come back. There did not appear to be anyone home during the day but obviously these children have been here all day with no supervision at all.

I thought I would arite about it so you folks could see the kind of shit a repoman encounters on a semi-regular basis. This is certainly not the first time I have had this happen. Now, what the hell am I suppose to do. I can't leave, I still have a job to do. There are children in that house and I appear to be the only person on earth that knows it or gives a shit.

Let me bring you up to date on the details so you will know how I know that I am the only person on earth who knows they are in there.

I came to Carroll county today around 5:30 to find and recover a unit of collateral belonging (or being driven by) to a young lady who resides in the county area just outside of carrollton, Ga. Her uncle, feeling sorry for her after her mother died last year had agreed to sign for her to get a Saturn so as to have transportation so she could get a job and support her three children. She was unemployed at the time (still is). She never made the first payment on the car. It has no insurance now causing her uncle to have a drivers license issue since the car and insurance were in his name. He lives in Atlanta some distance away and is elderly so he cannot monitor the situation daily. He is also on dialasis three times a week. His health is greatly challanged as is his mobility. I have been speaking with this gentleman for a week or so now in my efforts to locate this unit and find out where the niece lived. Incidentally, I have a cell phone for her also. I called it 5 minutes before I called the police, and spoke with a very fr[B]ightened sounding young girl of about 10 or 12.

After checking this house several times prior to it getting dark I simply returned to the corner store at the end of the road and would sit and play on the computer and wait. Typicval surveillance work. I never realized there were children in the house the whole time. After dark, around 9:30 pm I decided to go check and see if she had gotten home yet. There were lights on but my car was not there. Well, not abnormal. The car could have been wrecked or something and that would explain why it was not showing so I decided to knock on the door and conclude this thing so I coulod head back to Jefferson (100 miles away). As I was exiting the truck, I observed a small child peaking out an upstairs window at me. I approached the door thinking nothing of it as I rang the doorbell and awaited someone to answer. Noone did. I knocked and then knocked again. I felt foot travel vibrations through the front deck wood as vibrations coming from inside the house. Then silence.

I rang the doorbell one last time. No answer! At this point I realized, or at least greatly suspected that there was not an adult in the house. I returned to my truck and began to get inside. I observed two children this time looking through a corner of a pulled back curtain. One appeared to be a small fellow of about six, another maybe a little older. A girl. I also saw at that moment another sihlouette cross the background. There were three.

I called the Uncle (we will call him the debtor) and explained what had happened. He told me that there had been trouble like this before. I verified with him that she had three children. I guessed their ages and he said that was fairly correct. I hung up and called the police! It took them over thirty minutes to respond.

During the time I waited for a police officer to come I rode around the neighborhood seeing if I could locate the car I was looking for. The debtor called me back and said he had a cell phone number for the young lady now that he had just gotten from his sister, who lives in Carrollton also. I called it. A child answered, I asked for the mother (the driver of my car). She said she was not there. I asked if she knew where she was. She said no. I asked if she knew when she was coming home, she said no. I knew I had dome the right thing.

The lights in the house had all been turned off by the time I rode by the house again. Obviously this little girl who was apparently in charge had been educated on what to do by her mother. I feel so deeply upset by this every time I see it. Maybe that is why I am doing this and writing so I can deal with it.

I called the debtor back and told him what I had done. He said he had just got off the phone with his sister and that she claimed she called over to the house and talked to the little girl also. According to him, the little girl had told the aunt (great aunt ?) that mama had just came home but left for a minute. Knowing this was NOT true I told the debtor this. I explained that I had hardly had my eyes off this house for more than a few minutes since realizing the children were alone and I knew the mother (driver of the car I was looking for) had not been home. Again, little girl was programmed. It is obvious to me that this little girl has been schooled by this woman to cover her misdeeds on a regular basis.

So.....the cop shows up. He knocks on the door. All lights are now off and everything is silent. Noone answers. There is nothing he can do. He suggested I was mistaken, that there was noone home. I assured him there was. I gave him the cell phone number that I had talked to the little girl on. He called. No answer. I called, no answer.

The officer explained that he could not open a locked door. I gave him the tag number, name of the mother and information I felt would help him if he saw the car by chance in his travels. He said he would be back later to see if anyone came home but there was nothing he could do.

Here I am, watching a house where I know for absolute sure there are three neglected little children inside.

Ever had a post like this?

Suggestions are welcome. What would you do?

And No I am not going to leave until I see a cop get these children out or the mother come home, one or the other.

emmett
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Now the debtor has phoned me to tell me that she is back at home. His nephew (I didn't even know about him) had talked to the lady just now and she told him that the repoman was after her. She said she has hidden the car in the neighborhood and walked to the house. The debtor assures me she is in the house.

OK fine. I don't believe it.

Dilloduck
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Now the debtor has phoned me to tell me that she is back at home. His nephew (I didn't even know about him) had talked to the lady just now and she told him that the repoman was after her. She said she has hidden the car in the neighborhood and walked to the house. The debtor assures me she is in the house.

OK fine. I don't believe it.

This is awesome Emmett---like watching a car chase in LA on TV !!!

oh ya-- I would do what you are doing ---keep up the good work and understand no one will appreciate you for it !! !!!

No1tovote4
08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Amazing. I can't imagine. I would talk to social services for the area, they can take the information that you have and seek to find the children alone at home at a later date.

mundame
08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Amazing. I can't imagine. I would talk to social services for the area, they can take the information that you have and seek to find the children alone at home at a later date.

So where is the man or men who fathered all those children? Why blame the woman but not the man or men?

Seems to me if the children are being neglected, the man who isn't anywhere around at all is doing far worse than this woman who is at least taking care of the children SOME of the time.

glockmail
08-04-2008, 12:16 PM
My guess is that she routinely leaves her kids alone for a few hours, found out that you were around and got dropped off by someone on a parallel street and went in through the back yard then back door. The oldest girl is the “baby sitter”, although young, is not unusually young for that role, especially if the youngest is as old as 6.

Said1
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
So where is the man or men who fathered all those children? Why blame the woman but not the man or men?

Seems to me if the children are being neglected, the man who isn't anywhere around at all is doing far worse than this woman who is at least taking care of the children SOME of the time.

Goog grief, do you READ what you write before you post? For the time being, they are in their mother's care! That is, for the moment, she is responsible for keeping her children safe! Keeping children safe often entails NOT leaving them alone. Who's to say he isn't around a lot and when he isn't, this is what she does?

glockmail
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Goog grief, do you READ what you write before you post? For the time being, they are in their mother's care! That is, for the moment, she is responsible for keeping her children safe! Keeping children safe often entails NOT leaving them alone. Who's to say he isn't around a lot and when he isn't, this is what she does? Just a little baseless male-bashing. What's the problem?

Said1
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Just a little baseless male-bashing. What's the problem?

Right. WTF was I thinking. You're all just a bunch of sperm donar/good-fer-nothing assholes.

darin
08-04-2008, 12:34 PM

If she has legal custody, our society has determined a MAN's only obligation to her and the kids is money.

bullypulpit
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM

And No I am not going to leave until I see a cop get these children out or the mother come home, one or the other.

Take the kids away...permanently. The mother has shown she is lacks the maturity to raise them. Secondly, tie her tubes so she can't have any more. But that will never happen because no children's services organization in the country has the authority to do so. Then there is also the fact that they are burdened with the unspeakably silly notion that the biological parents are always the 'best' for a child. A provably false and indefensible notion if there ever was one. Keep it up Emmett.

I had a similar situation several years ago. It was about 40 degrees outside, and I looked out the window to see two toddlers running around in nothing but diapers. Across the street, the door to the downstairs apartment was wide open. I gathered the toddlers up and called the cops and children's services. Their mother was passed out on the sofa...in the middle of the day. the kids got taken away, but I never found out what happened as the "parents" moved out a couple of weeks later. Doubtless they got the kids back.

glockmail
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Take the kids away...permanently. The mother has shown she is lacks the maturity to raise them. Secondly, tie her tubes so she can't have any more. But that will never happen because no children's services organization in the country has the authority to do so. Then there is also the fact that they are burdened with the unspeakably silly notion that the biological parents are always the 'best' for a child. A provably false and indefensible notion if there ever was one. Keep it up Emmett. Spoken like a true Nazi.

glockmail
08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Right. WTF was I thinking. You're all just a bunch of sperm donar/good-fer-thing assholes. Unfortunately the percentage that meets this unpleasant description has increased exponentially since the 1960's.

Said1
08-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately the percentage that meets this unpleasant description has increased exponentially since the 1960's.

Why Glock, I do thank you kindly for not pointing out my typos this time. :laugh2:

glockmail
08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Why Glock, I do thank you kindly for not pointing out my typos this time. :laugh2: As long as you agree with me, I can be nice. :laugh2:

Said1
08-04-2008, 01:00 PM
As long as you agree with me, I can be nice. :laugh2:

Yes. Well. Typical. :laugh2:

darin
08-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Here's what scares me about things like this - Eventually "Folks" will conclude teaching Christianity 'harms' children because the faith forces people to be accountable for their actions. "Concerned Citizens" will start reporting the "abuse" by Christian parents who (gasp!) say 'No' to their kids and on occasion, give the kids a much needed spankin'.

Maybe we should make folk take a test before allowing them to have kids - OH! That wouldn't work because, like Big Brothers/Big Sisters, if a prospective parent would DISCOURAGE homosexuality they'd be denied the position. (sigh).

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Right. WTF was I thinking. You're all just a bunch of sperm donar/good-fer-nothing assholes.

There you go; I knew you'd work it out if you had a few minutes to think. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

Nope, if the man (or men) isn't there being equally responsible for those kids, he's no good. You can't hold the woman responsible but not the man.

You all love to do that, but it doesn't make any sense.

If women didn't do all the child care, there would be a lot of dead children lying around, because men SURE won't do it. Note the present case: three children, no man anywhere around.

08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Here's what scares me about things like this - Eventually "Folks" will conclude teaching Christianity 'harms' children because the faith forces people to be accountable for their actions. "Concerned Citizens" will start reporting the "abuse" by Christian parents who (gasp!) say 'No' to their kids and on occasion, give the kids a much needed spankin'.

Maybe we should make folk take a test before allowing them to have kids - OH! That wouldn't work because, like Big Brothers/Big Sisters, if a prospective parent would DISCOURAGE homosexuality they'd be denied the position. (sigh).

I'm concerned about that too. I'm all for protecting children. But I am very uneasy with government interference as well because of the abusive nature of government.

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Take the kids away...permanently. The mother has shown she is lacks the maturity to raise them. Secondly, tie her tubes so she can't have any more.

And what do you plan to do with the man or men in question?? Castrate them, right?

What? you mean it never occurred to you to do ANYthing about the irresponsible men in question except congratulate him for having "scored"?

darin
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
And what do you plan to do with the man or men in question?? Castrate them, right?

What? you mean it never occurred to you to do ANYthing about the irresponsible men in question except congratulate him for having "scored"?

Are you a chick? Do you know the story here? Since YOU are making stuff up, I will, too!

How about Sterlize the Female judge who awarded her custody SIMPLY because the mother lactates and menstruates?

Maybe the father was killed? Or deployed? You don't just specuLATE - you specuHATE. Your Hatred of Men drives your posts; your opinions are so blinded by your foolishness you ASSume the worst because it's become your nature.

Hobbit
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Mundame, I'm going to give the skinny one where this horrible devil man probably was. He was somewhere away from his kids because the mother decided she didn't really want to have anything to do with him. The fact is that if the mother has custody of the kids, the man, no matter how noble or good-for-nothing can't just walk into her house and start taking care of them. There's more legal hurdles to that than you probably care about, so stop bashing the man for two seconds and take a look at the fact that this woman has been given responsibility for her kids and decided to just leave them sitting there in her house all alone to help her dodge the repo man.

While we're at it, your man-bashing is really starting to piss me off. The current legal system is weighted heavily in favor of giving the custody of children to the mother, no matter how bad of a parent she is. It's possible for a drunk, unemployed welfare mom to get full custody and even block visitation for a successful, well adjusted father just because she happens to be a mother and we've got this idealized notion of what motherhood is like. Then, of course, when something goes wrong, everybody's quick to blame the 'good-for-nothing' father who's never around to give his kids anything. Never mind that it's because their mother won't let him. I have seen this type of woman who uses children the way this woman is, and I wouldn't bat an eyelash if she hired some slick lawyer to deny the father of those children any kind of custody so she could use the kids as a weapon to hurt him.

Said1
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
There you go; I knew you'd work it out if you had a few minutes to think. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

Nope, if the man (or men) isn't there being equally responsible for those kids, he's no good. You can't hold the woman responsible but not the man.

You all love to do that, but it doesn't make any sense.

If women didn't do all the child care, there would be a lot of dead children lying around, because men SURE won't do it. Note the present case: three children, no man anywhere around.

You're missing the point.

At the present time, the mother is responsible for her children's safety because they are in her care. She and she alone is responsible for her actions, at this moment. Who's to say the father doesn't have custody and she has court ordered visitation? Would be a terrible lesson learned, wouldn't it. Either way, you can rationalize the situation anyway you want, they are in her care for now and she left them alone. Period. No one's fault but hers.

mundame
08-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Mundame, I'm going to give the skinny one where this horrible devil man probably was. He was somewhere away from his kids because the mother decided she didn't really want to have anything to do with him.

Think, kiddoes.

Women end up with the children because if they didn't, the children would mostly just die. It's the same all over the world.

WHY do women, all over the world, end up with the children by default? Because women are instinctively willing to care for them, and men are not. Why are the men not there?

Usually because they are
1) irresponsible and bug out because now that they've had sex, no need to bother
2) chase other women
3) drink and beat her and the children
4) drug and beat her and the children
5) beat her and the children without benefit of stimulants

I don't accept this as the natural, inevitable role for women. I say once you start blaming the woman, who in this case is clearly under a lot of strain and doesn't have enough resources! ---- you have to also blame the man, who is noooooooooooooooooowhere to be seen, anywhere around.

So where's Daddy?

If it were up to him, the children would all be dead.

It's up to her, so at least they are alive.

Okay by me if you want the state to sterilize her as long as you sterilize the fathers also! Because it's plain he/they are much worse than she is: these guys aren't anywhere!

You should be grateful there are women willing to make homes; god knows there sure aren't many men who are willing or able to do that.

And getting stuck like this is why women want to be able to choose abortions, by the way. You want to force women to be in this unlucky woman's position, but you guys surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre don't want to bother to raise all these children yourselves --- just force the women to, without adequate resources.

Personally, I think people would do well to mind their own business. It is unlikely taking these children away from their mother and throwing them to strangers is likely to exactly improve life for them.

08-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Think, kiddoes.

Women end up with the children because if they didn't, the children would mostly just die. It's the same all over the world.

WHY do women, all over the world, end up with the children by default? Because women are instinctively willing to care for them, and men are not. Why are the men not there?

Usually because they are
1) irresponsible and bug out because now that they've had sex, no need to bother
2) chase other women

I don't accept this as the natural, inevitable role for women. I say once you start blaming the woman, who in this case is clearly under a lot of strain and doesn't have enough resources! ---- you have to also blame the man, who is noooooooooooooooooowhere to be seen, anywhere around.

So where's Daddy?

Okay by me if you want the state to sterilize her as long as you sterilize the fathers also! Because it's plain he/they are much worse than she is: these guys aren't anywhere!

You should be grateful there are women willing to make homes; god knows there sure aren't many men who are willing or able to do that.

And getting stuck like this is why women want to be able to choose abortions, by the way. You want to force women to be in this unlucky woman's position, but you guys surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre don't want to bother to raise all these children yourselves --- just force the women to, without adequate resources.

Personally, I think people would do well to mind their own business. It is unlikely taking these children away from their mother and throwing them to strangers is likely to exactly improve life for them.

bullcrap. Many men would gladly take care of their children as well. It's just as instinctive for men to protect their children.

And dont give me any BS about women being unable to make a choice. They have the choose to not screw the guy. Just like he has the choice not to screw her.

I am so sick and tired of people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and pretend they have no choice or control in their life.

mundame
08-04-2008, 02:13 PM
So.....the cop shows up. He knocks on the door. All lights are now off and everything is silent. Noone answers. There is nothing he can do. He suggested I was mistaken, that there was noone home. I assured him there was. I gave him the cell phone number that I had talked to the little girl on. He called. No answer. I called, no answer.

The officer explained that he could not open a locked door. I gave him the tag number, name of the mother and information I felt would help him if he saw the car by chance in his travels. He said he would be back later to see if anyone came home but there was nothing he could do.

Here I am, watching a house where I know for absolute sure there are three neglected little children inside.

Ever had a post like this?

Emmett: you are scaring these kids to death.

And you are already taking the mom's car: don't take her children as well.

My suggestion is that you go get another line of work. There is such a thing as right livelihood, and repoman is not right livelihood.

Remember that Libertarians don't interfere. Clearly there is nothing life-threatening going on here, so you shouldn't interfere. I hope your guilt about the car isn't leading you to call this woman a bad person so you won't feel as bad, and then you do even worse to her.

Poor kids! Stop scaring them, go home. You are what they are afraid of.

darin
08-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Think, kiddoes.

Bullshit.

WHY do women, all over the world, end up with the children by default? Because women are instinctively willing to care for them, and men are not.

Speculation - generally, women are nurturers. The more N.O.W. gets involved, however, the less women care for kids.

Why are the men not there?

Usually because they are
2) chase other women

...or because some F'ing Judge decided the man cannot be there. He's not there because some whiney bitchy slut would lose MONEY every month she doesn't have custody. Could be, eh?

We are blaming the woman because of WHAT SHE DID. (sigh). We are NOT blaming the man because it's VERY plain to see there was no man involved.
YOU want to blame the man because the asshole in this story is a WOMAN...and she MUST be a victim here.

So where's Daddy?

If it were up to the MAN - I bet those kids would be well cared-for. The woman is an obvious idiot - maybe a whore? Or a slut. or a Druggy.

...because BY LAW they likely CANNOT be there.

NO home is complete without a mother AND a father. I'd bet there are as many Men who cannot legally be with their kids and WANT to be, than vice-versa. Speculation, I know. But I know a LOT of men. None of them sexually.

Are you REALLY arguing the women are OPPRESSED when they slut themselves, get knocked up AND get LEGAL CU$TODY of their offsprings, they are somehow oppressed? And Justified in murder?

It is unlikely taking these children away from their mother and throwing them to strangers is likely to exactly improve life for them.

That's true. Wards of the State can't be good. AND there's a chance those kids weren't harmed by being left alone. (shrug) Neither situation is ideal.

mundame
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Many men would gladly take care of their children as well. It's just as instinctive for men to protect their children.

Nope, you must be wrong about that, or the man would be there.

Men are gone from millions of homes across this country, so much for the "instinct to protect their children." It's women who have the instinct to protect their children, and how do we know that? Because it's women who are actually doing it.

So I suggest you guys stop trying to make it harder. If you desert or get thrown out for good reasons, you are the problem, not the solution. The mother is trying to raise her children, without resources, without the help of a man. Get out of her hair, don't make it yet harder for her than it is already.

08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Emmett: you are scaring these kids to death.

And you are already taking the mom's car: don't take her children as well.

My suggestion is that you go get another line of work. There is such a thing as right livelihood, and repoman is not right livelihood.

Remember that Libertarians don't interfere. Clearly there is nothing life-threatening going on here, so you shouldn't interfere. I hope your guilt about the car isn't leading you to call this woman a bad person so you won't feel as bad, and then you do even worse to her.

Poor kids! Stop scaring them, go home. You are what they are afraid of.

Who the hell do you think you are telling Emmett that he's the problem?!?! Or that somehow his job is not honorable. The man works hard in, what's more than likely, less than ideal conditions and you have the arrogance to tell him that his work is not right? Why? Because youd rather hate men then give a damn about the kids involved?

The woman abandoned her children to go out. Emmett, a man, is the only person who appears to be giving a damn about the children in this. And you are out protecting this negligent mother and somehow he is the bad guy? You have to go be one of the most arrogant, stuck up person I've ever met.

Get over yourself.

darin
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
IF men are gone, there's a good chance it's because the woman is a bitch. Or - she got REALLY fat from the time she said "do me" until he left.

:)

Are you saying women are SOO WEAK...SO PRECIOUS....they can't HELP endanger their kids for lack of a MAN guiding them??? Is that it?

08-04-2008, 02:28 PM

Men are gone from millions of homes across this country, so much for the "instinct to protect their children." It's women who have the instinct to protect their children, and how do we know that? Because it's women who are actually doing it.

So I suggest you guys stop trying to make it harder. If you desert or get thrown out for good reasons, you are the problem, not the solution. The mother is trying to raise her children, without resources, without the help of a man. Get out of her hair, don't make it yet harder for her than it is already.

Many men are gone because the women refuse to let them be. You refuse to acknowledge this. To you the man is a deadbeat and that's it. There are Billions of men on this planet who are taking care of their children.

You want to know what the problem is? Stupid people who suggest that casual sex is all good and normal. That somehow you can do whatever you want with absolutely no consequences. For example, people who conclude that women are simply victims of evil men and have absolutely no choice in whether to engage in relations with the man or work things out with thte man.

It takes two to create a child. You can blame one all you want. But it will always be two who are the problem.

08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
IF men are gone, there's a good chance it's because the woman is a bitch. Or - she got REALLY fat from the time she said "do me" until he left.

:)

Are you saying women are SOO WEAK...SO PRECIOUS....they can't HELP endanger their kids for lack of a MAN guiding them??? Is that it?

What's more it sounds like women are supposedly these helpless victims of the big evil men. It's total bs. women have as much choice over their life as a man does.

Gaffer
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM

When I got divorced I got custody of my kids. I raised them myself. I never got a penny of support from my ex. I wanted the best for them and to be there to look after them. You miss manhater don't know what your talking about.

darin
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
What's more it sounds like women are supposedly these helpless victims of the big evil men. It's total bs. women have as much choice over their life as a man does.

Women have MORE of a choice. A Man cannot decide to have his offspring Aborted. A woman can LIE to a man, tell him she's infertile, then get pregnant and sue him for "Child" (when it's probably MOTHER) support.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187227,00.html?sPage=fnc/specialsections/lawcenter

:-/

When a woman wants to kill her baby, and asks the father's help - she's beyond prosecution - he goes to JAIL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerardo_Flores

It's not equal...not in the least.

glockmail
08-04-2008, 02:52 PM
A long as the man doesn't drive a girlie car I say let him be. :coffee:

Missileman
08-04-2008, 03:05 PM
. Clearly there is nothing life-threatening going on here, so you shouldn't interfere.

Are you kidding? Unsupervised children can very quickly wind up dead.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE7DF153CF936A35756C0A96F9482 60

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2440462/

http://www.kctv5.com/news/16940193/detail.html

Trigg
08-04-2008, 07:32 PM
After a quick skim through of this heated debate I really only have one thing to add.

Everyone here is assuming that the child in charge is very young, BASED ON THEIR VOICE........

A child can start babysitting at age 12 and the mother is in her legal rights to leave the older child in charge of younger ones. Everyone is assuming that the mother is in the wrong and she may not be.

Abbey Marie
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
After a quick skim through of this heated debate I really only have one thing to add.

Everyone here is assuming that the child in charge is very young, BASED ON THEIR VOICE........

A child can start babysitting at age 12 and the mother is in her legal rights to leave the older child in charge of younger ones. Everyone is assuming that the mother is in the wrong and she may not be.

Trigg, I agree with the bolded part... :)

bullypulpit
08-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Spoken like a true Nazi.

How so, pray tell?

Mr. P
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Think, kiddoes.

Usually because they are
2) chase other women

So where's Daddy?

I read: you've been FUCKED! Get over it!

DragonStryk72
08-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Think, kiddoes.

Usually because they are
2) chase other women

So where's Daddy?

Okay, no, that is bullshit, period. I am a man, and you know what, you need to grow the fuck up. I have not fathered any children as yet, but you can be god-damned sure that I will be in the picture, same with most the men I know. Then there's my buddy Josh, who is raising his daughter Jenna. Why? because his wife wanted to "follow her dreams", which apparently didn't include her daughter. Jenna's not dead, is quite healthy, and Josh is doing the best that he can do. Who the fuck are you to tell anyone that she would be better off with Tammy?

And don't hand me that "realist" BS either. You can rationalize til you're blue in the face, and it won't change the fact that these sweeping assumptions of yours are no less sexist than the masojinists you claim most men to be.

glockmail
08-05-2008, 07:48 AM
How so, pray tell? Wow- where does one begin... :lame2:

Trinity
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
I only got to page 2 on this one before it started to piss me off did it ever occur to anyone that maybe the mother was at work trying to support her three children? Where I am at in the state of Ohio there is no legal age limit on when a child can stay home alone or take care of siblings for that matter. I have no idea how old these children really are but it sounds to me like mom has at least taught them well as far as not opening the door to strangers or giving out any information to strangers. Why is it everyone always assumes the worst?

manu1959
08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
there is no minimum age for babysitting or leaving kids home alone in gerorgia......thus any "child neglect or endangerment" would be based on a reasonable standard....is the oldest one there capable of providing food while the mother is away....

emmett
08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
My guess is that she routinely leaves her kids alone for a few hours, found out that you were around and got dropped off by someone on a parallel street and went in through the back yard then back door. The oldest girl is the “baby sitter”, although young, is not unusually young for that role, especially if the youngest is as old as 6.

BINGO!!!!

Glock, you are absolutely right. That is eventually what happened. She did come home while I was at QT. She called me from the cell phone that was left with the children. She cussed me for calling the police.

I went to the house and made contact with her. She was wired for sound. Eyes all dialated and stunk of alcohol. She smelled like plastic also. (Crack sweat). If you could have seen this you would have a shit fit.

While I was listening to her I noticed on the front porch there were a pair of those tall suede boots (the ladies type). They were not there before. They were wet. I realized she had walked some distance to her house or at least far enough for them to be wet and covered in grass seeds.

The police would not come back out.

I found the car three streets over parked behind a house that was for sale.

Now you know as Paul Harvey would say "The rest of the story".

emmett
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Think, kiddoes.

Usually because they are
2) chase other women

So where's Daddy?

Just so you know, I raised my sons alone Mundame.

You made the statement above that there are NO men who wll do that. Sorry ma'am, but you are wrong.

I was awarded custody of my son at his age of four. I adopted another son when he was nine while still single and never remarried.

Your turn!

mundame
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM

Now you know as Paul Harvey would say "The rest of the story".

No...............................................

Did you take her car?

How is she going to get groceries for those three young kids???

manu1959
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM

Did you take her car?

she can walk....maybe if she stoped drinking and buying crack she would have been able to make the car payments and kept the car.....

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM

Did you take her car?

Walk? Get a friend to help? We are not talking brain surgery here. A car is not a right.

mundame
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Walk? Get a friend to help? We are not talking brain surgery here. A car is not a right.

Well?

DID he take her car?

That's the real "rest of the story."

She was out trying to hide her car from him, of course; if she parked three blocks away, she knew the Repoman was after her car.

It's sad, I think. How are these three small children going to eat?

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Well?

DID he take her car?

She was out trying to hide her car from him, of course; if she parked three blocks away, she knew the Repoman was after her car.

Nothing sad about it. If she doesn't have to worry about car payments, those are more dollars for food, since you are so concerned about the children eating.

Mr. P

Did you take her car?

You're kidding right?

This women just lost her car because she DIDN'T make the payments.
She doesn't seem very responsible to me. She leaves her children at home at night while she does who knows what (but not work).
She is in danger of losing her children and you ask about getting to the grocery store? :lame2:

manu1959
Well?

DID he take her car?

she could walk to the store and buy them food and stay home and cook for them.....or go to the bar and smoke crack......not sure why a car is important here....

mundame
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
You're kidding right?

This women just lost her car because she DIDN'T make the payments.
She doesn't seem very responsible to me. She leaves her children at home at night while she does who knows what (but not work).
She is in danger of losing her children and you ask about getting to the grocery store? :lame2:

If the grocery store is not in walking distance ------------------------

How DO you suppose she is going to feed those children, Mr. P?

Most of us cannot walk to our stores.

Right?

It's America ------------ you seriously, no fooling, have to have a car.

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
she could walk to the store and buy them food and stay home and cook for them.....or go to the bar and smoke crack......not sure why a car is important here....

Sorry ya'all, is mundame some sort of troll? Somehow she/he has managed to stay below my radar. This is nutty end of thread.

manu1959
08-05-2008, 10:07 PM

Right?

i guess she should have thought about that before she stayed out drinking and smoking crack and not paying for her car......the state will end up with the kids....

Mr. P
08-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Sorry ya'all, is mundame some sort of troll? Somehow she/he has managed to stay below my radar. This is nutty end of thread.

Very possible.

emmett
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM

Did you take her car?

Well, maybe with the money she will save by not being mobile enough to travel and get any more of that shit she had been smoking, she will be better able to care for the children.

Look Mundame, I know you are a hard core feminist. I'm not going to debate the man/woman issue with you because I have paid my dues. I raised my children alone and in doing so learned to greatly appreciate what single moms have to go through. I'm not just beating my lips together, I understand.

Furthermore, I wish it on almost every man I know to have had to go throught what i did. It would certainly open the eyes of many.

I will not associate with a man who does not pay child support.....PERIOD!! I make NO, absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to this personal rule.

AS to your general and obvious dislike of men, I certainly would make no attempt to advise you about that. It is like trying to explain civil liberty to a democrat. I took the car because it is my business. I don't work for the company, I own it. It is my trade. I hunt people down and take their cars when they don't pay for them.

In this case, this young woman used her elderly great uncle to sign for her to get a car after her mom's death. (Oh I left out the best part). Her mother was killed in an automobile accident, THIS GIRL WAS DRIVING). That is what happened to her previous car.

The oldest child was indeed ten. When I talked to her on the phone the little girl was scared. Maybe she did get scared because I came over. How was I to know that little children would be there alone while their mom was out smoking crack and getting drunk and probably conceiving another child. All I know is I did what I thought was right to do at the time.

I make no apology for what i do. Many folks on here remember from the other board the story about how I lost everything I had because of a crackhead that ran in a car and wrecked it and killed himself.

Personal Responsibility. She should have been at home, nuturing her children. Playing games, reading and mothering them. Not out smoking crack and partying. You can make every excuse in the world for folks like that but I'll just continue to take their cars.

She needs to just buy a 500 dollar clunker and quit trying to ride over her head. I see it every day. People living in govt apts but they have a 50,000 dollar car.

Your point is the problem. Stating that it is my fault she got herself in the mess she was in. I don't buy any of the cars, I didn't concieve the children. I just help them get "back on their feet again".

Mr. P
08-05-2008, 10:13 PM

Right?

If you have a car ----------you seriously, no fooling, MUST PAY FOR IT.

emmett
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I thought maybe it was a good idea to start this the other night. Imagine a thread without RSR, MFM, that deals with an issue of the day and isn't lame!

I'll be damned!

Mr. P
08-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I thought maybe it was a good idea to start this the other night. Imagine a thread without RSR, MFM, that deals with an issue of the day and isn't lame!

I'll be damned!

:laugh2:

emmett
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
A couple of interesting statistics for y'all.

Currently, 17% of all auto loans are late. Almost 10% (9.something) will default during the contract. YOU pay for this.

Red cars are most apt to be repossessed than blue ones!

Even Mercedes Benz Financial (Dallas, Tx) Collection division, has it's highest rate of default ever this year. Up 27% from July 2005.

I have picked up more cars from folks who appeared to be "first timers" this year than ever before.

Mr. P
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
A couple of interesting statistics for y'all.

Currently, 17% of all auto loans are late. Almost 10% (9.something) will default during the contract. YOU pay for this.

Red cars are most apt to be repossessed than blue ones!

Even Mercedes Benz Financial (Dallas, Tx) Collection division, has it's highest rate of default ever this year. Up 27% from July 2005.

I have picked up more cars from folks who appeared to be "first timers" this year than ever before.

That doesn't surprise me..remember what I told you about the class of bankruptcy clients these days?

emmett
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Yup. What about that Mun dame. wOW! I mean Wow! I unleashed the sleeping giant didn't I?

Mr. P
08-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Yup. What about that Mun dame. wOW! I mean Wow! I unleashed the sleeping giant didn't I?

You did indeed!

No1tovote4
08-05-2008, 10:44 PM

Why quote my post for this? Regardless of both parents being craptacular, the reality is those kids deserve better and social services are better able to do something about it than the cops.

No1tovote4
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM

There is this thing called a vasectomy...

Seriously do you practice shutting off portions of your brain or is it a natural occurence?

No1tovote4
08-05-2008, 10:51 PM

No, Trigg, people are using a bit of logic. If the child was of legal age to babysit as you think could be possible then she or he would not be instructed to hide when somebody knocks on the door.

No1tovote4
08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Yes. Clearly.

mundame
08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Look Mundame, I know you are a hard core feminist.

Oh, what, you could tell? http://macg.net/emoticons/wink15.gif

I will not associate with a man who does not pay child support.....PERIOD!! I make NO, absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to this personal rule.

Interesting. I like.

AS to your general and obvious dislike of men, I certainly would make no attempt to advise you about that. It is like trying to explain civil liberty to a democrat.

Well said.

I took the car because it is my business. I don't work for the company, I own it. It is my trade. I hunt people down and take their cars when they don't pay for them.

Also well said.

You can make every excuse in the world for folks like that but I'll just continue to take their cars.

Okay. Even I think that's funny. http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage08/4.gif

She needs to just buy a 500 dollar clunker and quit trying to ride over her head. I see it every day. People living in govt apts but they have a 50,000 dollar car.

Good advice, really.

actsnoblemartin
08-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Spoken like a true Nazi.

with all due respect i dont find that nazish.

Some, and i stress some parents, should not be allowed to reproduce a 2nd time, if they are shown through a court of law to be abusive or negligent.

I can understand your slippery slope argument, but nazish, i dont think so

I think bully is right in this case

actsnoblemartin
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
what sexist, hateful tripe, and i thought i was bad.

Think, kiddoes.

Usually because they are
2) chase other women

So where's Daddy?

Dilloduck
08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
what sexist, hateful tripe, and i thought i was bad.

You ARE bad----don't get too carried away here. :poke:

actsnoblemartin
08-05-2008, 11:08 PM
yeah, but im improving.

I havent said any hateful, sexist tripe lately.

What, I cant change? only obama can? :laugh2:

besides, it was me being humerous :), i sometimes forget their are alot of man haters out there too, I am actually recovering from my woman hating quite nicely, the porn filter is working, my parents finally put in the password cause i let them, 2 weeks ago, and im calming down, losing 20 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks, cant remember exactly will do that.

I dont hate women anymore, god commands me to respect them, cause they were made in his image too

You ARE bad----don't get too carried away here. :poke:

mundame
08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
yeah, but im improving.

I havent said any hateful, sexist tripe lately.

What, I cant change? only obama can? :laugh2:

besides, it was me being humerous :), i sometimes forget their are alot of man haters out there too, I am actually recovering from my woman hating quite nicely, the porn filter is working, my parents finally put in the password cause i let them, 2 weeks ago, and im calming down, losing 20 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks, cant remember exactly will do that.

I dont hate women anymore, god commands me to respect them, cause they were made in his image too

Quite right, so we are. And it sounds like with all those improvements, women will soon like you, too.

However, no need to rush it.

actsnoblemartin
08-05-2008, 11:28 PM
im lost, but my dear mundame, i was honestly just teasing you, hence the :laugh2:

I just meant their are men who hate women, and their are women who hate men.

I was just teasing you though, about the previous comment saying wasnt as bad, it was an honest tongue and cheek

I dont think im better then anyone, im not the enlightened one, the messiah

Quite right, so we are. And it sounds like with all those improvements, women will soon like you, too.

However, no need to rush it.

mundame
08-05-2008, 11:30 PM
im lost, but my dear mundame, i was honestly just teasing you, hence the :laugh2:

I was just teasing you though, about the previous comment saying wasnt as bad, it was an honest tongue and cheek

No problem, ANM, you know I always enjoy your posts.

Dilloduck
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM

im not the enlightened one, the messiah

Hang on to that thought ! :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
08-05-2008, 11:33 PM
No problem, ANM, you know I always enjoy your posts.

and you know i think youre a sweetheart.

Truth is, as ive had to take my head out of my ass, bad men bad women.

I simply dont like hypocrisy, and it seems in some ways women are treated with kids gloves in some ways in our society.

emmett
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
No, Trigg, people are using a bit of logic. If the child was of legal age to babysit as you think could be possible then she or he would not be instructed to hide when somebody knocks on the door.

Like when the police officer knocked on the door and they clearly knew he was there

CockySOB
08-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Nothing sad about it. If she doesn't have to worry about car payments, those are more dollars for food, since you are so concerned about the children eating.

Repossession does not generally relieve the borrower of their obligation to repay the loan taken out for the vehicle. If the lender chooses to file civil suit, the woman is screwed because not only will she get a judgment against her, but it will follow her for quite a while (depending on statute of limitations for her state).

emmett
08-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Repossession does not generally relieve the borrower of their obligation to repay the loan taken out for the vehicle. If the lender chooses to file civil suit, the woman is screwed because not only will she get a judgment against her, but it will follow her for quite a while (depending on statute of limitations for her state).

You did not read the posts. IT WAS NOT HER CAR! There are no legal ramifications on her. She was a straw purchaser. She has no obligation to repay anything.

CockySOB
08-06-2008, 12:22 AM
You did not read the posts. IT WAS NOT HER CAR! There are no legal ramifications on her. She was a straw purchaser. She has no obligation to repay anything.

Sorry, emmett. Was simply commenting on Kathianne's comment. It's a common enough misconception among people who think they can just "let the car go back" to the creditor. Same holds true for real estate.

glockmail
08-06-2008, 07:26 AM
BINGO!!!!

Glock, you are absolutely right. That is eventually what happened. She did come home while I was at QT. She called me from the cell phone that was left with the children. She cussed me for calling the police.

I went to the house and made contact with her. She was wired for sound. Eyes all dialated and stunk of alcohol. She smelled like plastic also. (Crack sweat). If you could have seen this you would have a shit fit.

While I was listening to her I noticed on the front porch there were a pair of those tall suede boots (the ladies type). They were not there before. They were wet. I realized she had walked some distance to her house or at least far enough for them to be wet and covered in grass seeds.

Now you know as Paul Harvey would say "The rest of the story". I hope that you call child protective services of its eq. and report these facts.

emmett
08-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I hope that you call child protective services of its eq. and report these facts.

Actually, I did not! I called the police when I vbelieved there was a problem. In the county where I was there seems to be a problem with alot of unsubstantiated reports to DFACS (Dept of Family and Childrens Services). They seem to prefer that a police officer check these reports out first. Hmmm! I tried that. It didn't work so good. Besides, after hours...which it was, DEFACS is not in the office. Personally I felt sorry for the kids but I know that it goes on allo over the country. I nor you can be the social police. That is the families responsibilty!

I don't know if most reports are handled in the ineffiecient way the one I witnessed was or what. All I know is that the mom is now a pedestrian so maybe she will be staying home more. The rest of it is out of my hands. A person can only have so much input. My input was over when I knew there was an adult in the house and she didn't have a way to leave them there alone again.

Hopefully she will shape her sorry ass up and attend to her children so the rest of the community does not have to.