PDA

View Full Version : Lambeth Conference: Archbishop Blames Queers For Church Rift

Psychoblues
08-04-2008, 03:55 AM
They are freakin' goin' nuts!!!!!!! What a spectacle to behold!!!!!!

Consecration of gay clergy must stop to end Anglican crisis, says Williams

"The Archbishop of Canterbury blamed liberal North American churches yesterday for causing turmoil in the Anglican communion by blessing same-sex unions and consecrating gay clergy as he attempted to chart a way out of the crisis that has been engulfing the church.

On the final day of the Lambeth conference, a 10-yearly gathering of the world's Anglican bishops, Rowan Williams said practices in certain US and Canadian dioceses were threatening the unity of the Anglican communion.......

Much More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/04/anglicanism.religion?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

The queers have been around since the dawn of mankind. I suspect they will be around for all the rest of us to have to deal with for at least the foreseeable future. Maybe we ought to recognize that they are part of God's work within mankind?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? I don't understand them either, but there is a lot of the works of God that I don't understand. Nothing new about that.

5stringJeff
08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
The Archbishop is right. Condoning homosexuals in the church is leading to the split in Anglicanism.

eighballsidepocket
08-15-2008, 07:28 PM
They are freakin' goin' nuts!!!!!!! What a spectacle to behold!!!!!!

Consecration of gay clergy must stop to end Anglican crisis, says Williams

"The Archbishop of Canterbury blamed liberal North American churches yesterday for causing turmoil in the Anglican communion by blessing same-sex unions and consecrating gay clergy as he attempted to chart a way out of the crisis that has been engulfing the church.

On the final day of the Lambeth conference, a 10-yearly gathering of the world's Anglican bishops, Rowan Williams said practices in certain US and Canadian dioceses were threatening the unity of the Anglican communion.......

Much More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/04/anglicanism.religion?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

The queers have been around since the dawn of mankind. I suspect they will be around for all the rest of us to have to deal with for at least the foreseeable future. Maybe we ought to recognize that they are part of God's work within mankind?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? I don't understand them either, but there is a lot of the works of God that I don't understand. Nothing new about that.

Why did you demean homosexuals by calling them "Queers" in title of your thread?

Did the Arch Bishop use "Queer" in his statement?

I thought the Q word was just as bad as the N word used by whites?

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I used that for effect, 8ballsp. I know several homo's that read and write on this board and they aren't offended at all. Why are you?

Why did you demean homosexuals by calling them "Queers" in title of your thread?

Did the Arch Bishop use "Queer" in his statement?

I thought the Q word was just as bad as the N word used by whites?

That's what you get for thinking, 8ballsp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

bullypulpit
08-16-2008, 06:34 AM
The Archbishop is right. Condoning homosexuals in the church is leading to the split in Anglicanism.

If we're all "God's chillun", why should it be an issue? Much the apologists of any given religion would have us believe that their religion is absolute and inerrant, being handed down from their favorite deity, these situations reveal a couple of simple truths.

Religion is a product of human perception and conception and is, thus, bound by the limitations of said faculties. Secondly, religious experience is wholly subjective in that its foundation is rooted in individual experience and is not open to objective, empirical observation and evaluation.

eighballsidepocket
08-16-2008, 10:43 AM
If we're all "God's chillun", why should it be an issue? Much the apologists of any given religion would have us believe that their religion is absolute and inerrant, being handed down from their favorite deity, these situations reveal a couple of simple truths.

Religion is a product of human perception and conception and is, thus, bound by the limitations of said faculties. Secondly, religious experience is wholly subjective in that its foundation is rooted in individual experience and is not open to objective, empirical observation and evaluation.

Bully: Jesus said there are "Chillun" in His sheep fold, and there are those who have strayed from His fold, or have refused to be within His fold, and have by their free human will, chosen life without Him. According to the bible, it's a "hellish" choice, as it is eternal separation from God, by man's own "choice".

There was a "B" horror movie years ago, called the "The Walking Dead". That title is apropriate IMO, for those who refuse eterenal security, by refusing to place their faith in Christ's sacrificed, and ressurrected life, in replacement for their self-centered, willfully rebellious one. :)

Dead to God = Alive to the world
Alive to God= Dead to the world

There is no gray area if one reads every word spoken by Jesus.

What is your Great Pearl or Treasure?

bullypulpit
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Bully: Jesus said there are "Chillun" in His sheep fold, and there are those who have strayed from His fold, or have refused to be within His fold, and have by their free human will, chosen life without Him. According to the bible, it's a "hellish" choice, as it is eternal separation from God, by man's own "choice".

There was a "B" horror movie years ago, called the "The Walking Dead". That title is apropriate IMO, for those who refuse eterenal security, by refusing to place their faith in Christ's sacrificed, and ressurrected life, in replacement for their self-centered, willfully rebellious one. :)

Dead to God = Alive to the world
Alive to God= Dead to the world

There is no gray area if one reads every word spoken by Jesus.

What is your Great Pearl or Treasure?

Indeed, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, as in matters of taste, matters of faith cannot be argued.

Psychoblues
08-25-2008, 03:29 AM
Exactly, bp!!!!!!!

Indeed, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, as in matters of taste, matters of faith cannot be argued.

Can I get you some kosher water to kill the sting of the mission trail?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: