PDA

View Full Version : 8-4-08/Monday Rasmussen Poll Says McCain 1 Point Ahead of B.O. Nationally

eighballsidepocket
08-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm not going to put in a link, as all you have to do is type in Rasmussen in any current news search engine and you'll get this verified as of 8/4/08 - Monday.

Awe, what the heck. Here's one of many current news weblinks. Rasmussen Poll: John McCain Passes Barack Obama - Associated Content (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/929411/rasmussen_poll_john_mccain_passes_barack.html?cat= 9)

Anyway, Rasmussen is saying that McCain has not only gained ground on B.Obama, but now has a 1 point lead.

Is this mimicking a similar scenario to what happened with Dukakis's, Kerry's and other Demo's leads that slipped towards the end of Summer, and gradually went downward even more before November?
Is Rasmussen a very accurate polling agency, as a general rule?

mundame
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm not going to put in a link, as all you have to do is type in Rasmussen in any current news search engine and you'll get this verified as of 8/4/08 - Monday.

Awe, what the heck. Here's one of many current news weblinks. Rasmussen Poll: John McCain Passes Barack Obama - Associated Content (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/929411/rasmussen_poll_john_mccain_passes_barack.html?cat= 9)

Anyway, Rasmussen is saying that McCain has not only gained ground on B.Obama, but now has a 1 point lead.

Is this mimicking a similar scenario to what happened with Dukakis's, Kerry's and other Demo's leads that slipped towards the end of Summer, and gradually went downward even more before November?
Is Rasmussen a very accurate polling agency, as a general rule?

Thanks for the link, eightball. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/%E1llatok/animal-smiley-016.gif

You're talking about Rasmussen the Rong, as they are commonly referred to? http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

Little-Acorn
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
You're talking about Rasmussen the Rong, as they are commonly referred to? http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

"Commonly"?

I've never heard them referred to as that, until now.

All Rasmussen does, is take the latest polls from Gallup, Zogby, ABC, NBC, and the rest, and average them. Not a bad idea if you ask me. Do you have a problem with it? What, exactly?

Or are you just trying to denigrate them without being able to give any reason?

mundame
08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
"Commonly"?

Then you've been out of the loop. Rasmussen is an automated computerized tracking poll and is usually way off (rightward, generally) from all the other polls, which are phone call interview polls.

All Rasmussen does, is take the latest polls from Gallup, Zogby, ABC, NBC, and the rest, and average them. Not a bad idea if you ask me. Do you have a problem with it? What, exactly?

You are thinking of RealClearPolitics, which does exactly that. Not Rasmussen, which has a computer phone up people and ask computer-voice questions. If you like, go to RealClearPolitics (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_bush_job_approval-904.html) and look at their polls for the president's approval rating and note how Rasmussen is typically an outlier, month in and out. The RCP average is at the top and many use it, a poll of polls.

Little-Acorn
08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
You are thinking of RealClearPolitics, which does exactly that. Not Rasmussen,

Oops, my apologies. Bad hair day. Please disregard.

BTW, what is more important? Having your poll results come out close to what the other polls say? Or having your poll results come out close to what the actual election in November gives?

08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Another poll showing McCain ahead... this has to have Obama worried.

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:14 PM
BTW, what is more important? Having your poll results come out close to what the other polls say? Or having your poll results come out close to what the actual election in November gives?

Fun question, and a good one.

I'd say it's more important for credibility to have your polls be like the OTHERS early in the election year ---- through the summer, anyway.

After that, the results being like the actual results on Election Day make your polling outfit a lot more saleable during the next four years.

Zogby predicted Kerry would win. I'm sorry --- that's just not good enough, and I never look at a Zogby poll anymore. So I'd say getting it right with Election Day is important. Because that is the essential question, after all ------------ who is going to win?

red states rule
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
So much for the "Berlin Bounce"

mundame
08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
So much for the "Berlin Bounce"

So Obama was filmed orating passionately to thousands of screaming, cheering Germans................................

I'm sorry, there is something about that that makes me nervous.

retiredman
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
"Commonly"?

Or are you just trying to denigrate them without being able to give any reason?

I don't think Rasmussen averages polls, I think that Real Clear Politics is the site that does that. Rasmussen is just one of many polls out there. RCP currently has Obama up by 2.7, and Rasmussen is ONE of the TWO out of EIGHT data points that have McCain leading.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

red states rule
08-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't think Rasmussen averages polls, I think that Real Clear Politics is the site that does that. Rasmussen is just one of many polls out there. RCP currently has Obama up by 2.7, and Rasmussen is ONE of the TWO out of EIGHT data points that have McCain leading.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

But the messiah has lost ground which would explain his flip flopping and playing of the race card

Desperate people do desperate things

retiredman
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
looks encouraging for Obama:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PRESIDENTIAL_RACE_AP_POLL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-08-05-16-56-59

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 05:02 PM
looks encouraging for Obama:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PRESIDENTIAL_RACE_AP_POLL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-08-05-16-56-59

may the polls remain with you; if not, may you remain with the polls.

retiredman
08-05-2008, 05:07 PM
may the polls remain with you; if not, may you remain with the polls.

interesting how the FIRST post in this thread did not engenger such a response from you.

hmmmmmm

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 05:19 PM
interesting how the FIRST post in this thread did not engenger such a response from you.

hmmmmmm

Seriously, with your whiney assed posts I just don't have that much compassion towards one who wishes to piss on the graves of those not yet dead. In any case, those of us that know that you are awaiting breakthroughs expected regarding heart surgery, wish you the best.

Yurt
08-05-2008, 05:32 PM
:popcorn:

red states rule
08-05-2008, 06:14 PM

hmmmmmm

http://toughsledding.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crybaby.gif

retiredman
08-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Seriously, with your whiney assed posts I just don't have that much compassion towards one who wishes to piss on the graves of those not yet dead. In any case, those of us that know that you are awaiting breakthroughs expected regarding heart surgery, wish you the best.

I apologized for that profusely...to him and to the board.

But to you, obviously, two wrongs make a right, eh Kathianne? Or are you willing to rub someone's health problems in THEIR face because you are the fucking den mother/hall monitor conservative ombudswoman for the whole board?

red states rule
08-05-2008, 07:07 PM

But to you, obviously, two wrongs make a right, eh Kathianne? Or are you willing to rub someone's health problems in THEIR face because you are the fucking den mother/hall monitor conservative ombudswoman for the whole board?

Back to playing the offended liberal again, and whining about the bias mods

Yawn.............

08-05-2008, 07:11 PM

How is wishing you good health rubbing it in your face?

retiredman
08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
How is wishing you good health rubbing it in your face?

her sarcasm was not lost on me, even if it was lost on you.

red states rule
08-05-2008, 07:33 PM

What sarcasm?

http://www.caddylakgraffix.com/images/Wholesale/Wholesale_Problems001.jpg

eighballsidepocket
08-05-2008, 07:47 PM

Hey, I read and reread her post to you, and she disagrees with you, but wishes the best for you medically.

There was no sarcasm. Actually she/Kath., deserves an apology.

By the way, there's a lot of hurting folks in this country and in the world.

My oldest son, 35 years old is in the serious throws of Chronic Kidney failure. He's had two transplants since 14 years old. He's married to a wonderful woman, and has two beautiful kids.........

It is possible to be diametrically opposed when it comes to politics and still have compassion and empathy for each other in our many travails of life.

Our two married, younger sons are being tested to see if they can give their brother one of their kidneys. The chances of them matching aren't spectacular at this time.

His Mom and I have the blood types that don't match.

This 35 year old son experienced a stroke on memorial weekend last. His blood pressure was 300+ over 200, and he had a bleeding stroke; all caused by a dieing kidney, the one that a cousin gave to him 7 years ago. His first kidney at age 14 came from a cadaver donor.

Dialysis is just around the corner for him. He's been rushed to the hospital so many times for various maladies associated with a failing kidney.

His Mom and I had for many years during his childhood made our second home in the Pediatrics wing of University of California San Francisco hospital. He received his first kidney transplant their in 1987. We almost lost him a month later as he started to reject that Kidney and was rushed to the hospital with a 106 fever.

We all have our crosses to bear. My son, me and my wife as his parents, his brothers, his grandma, aunts and uncles.........etc...

We pray,,,,,as this is one of those God allowed impossibilities of life that drives us to our knees and humbles ourselves to pray......"Not my wil but Thine".....It's scarey, but in this situation, we are made stronger in faith, and trust.

red states rule
08-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey, I read and reread her post to you, and she disagrees with you, but wishes the best for you medically.

There was no sarcasm. Actually she/Kath., deserves an apology.

By the way, there's a lot of hurting folks in this country and in the world.

My oldest son, 35 years old is in the serious throws of Chronic Kidney failure. He's had two transplants since 14 years old. He's married to a wonderful woman, and has two beautiful kids.........

It is possible to be diametrically opposed when it comes to politics and still have compassion and empathy for each other in our many travails of life.

Our two married, younger sons are being tested to see if they can give their brother one of their kidneys. The chances of them matching aren't spectacular at this time.

His Mom and I have the blood types that don't match.

This 35 year old son experienced a stroke on memorial weekend last. His blood pressure was 300+ over 200, and he had a bleeding stroke; all caused by a dieing kidney, the one that a cousin gave to him 7 years ago. His first kidney at age 14 came from a cadaver donor.

Dialysis is just around the corner for him. He's been rushed to the hospital so many times for various maladies associated with a failing kidney.

His Mom and I had for man years during his childhood made our second home in the Pediatrics wing of University of California San Francisco hospital.

We all have our crosses to bear. My son, me and my wife as his parents, his brothers, his grandma, aunts and uncles.........etc...

We pray,,,,,as this is one of those God allowed impossibilities of life that drives us to our knees and humbles ourselves to pray......"Not my wil but Thine".....It's scarey!

All of you are in my prayers

eighballsidepocket
08-05-2008, 07:54 PM
All of you are in my prayers

Thank you..........so very much.......It is really welcomed and appreciated.

red states rule
08-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Thank you..........so very much.......It is really welcomed and appreciated.

You will find that most of the folks here will share my sentiments. I have my own health issues and the outpouring of support is amazing

Again, I wish you and your family the best

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Way before becoming a mod, which seems to call everything into question. I was aware of both RSR's and MFM's health issues. For both I've been praying since I found out. For both I'm praying and hoping for doctors that have Christ guiding their hands and doctors that place their trust in some higher power.

Yes, MFM you too. I know because you told me, that you are hoping and wishing for breakthroughs when you need it. Me too, it's in my prayers. I wish for you years of happiness in Mexico or wherever you and your wife decide upon.

If for some reason, you were to be taken before you have time, I'd pray that you find peace and the same for your wife. I'd never hope for a chance to piss on your grave, as that would be one of the worst things that could be said by someone that loves as Christ loved.

Dilloduck
08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Way before becoming a mod, which seems to call everything into question. I was aware of both RSR's and MFM's health issues. For both I've been praying since I found out. For both I'm praying and hoping for doctors that have Christ guiding their hands and doctors that place their trust in some higher power.

Yes, MFM you too. I know because you told me, that you are hoping and wishing for breakthroughs when you need it. Me too, it's in my prayers. I wish for you years of happiness in Mexico or wherever you and your wife decide upon.

If for some reason, you were to be taken before you have time, I'd pray that you find peace and the same for your wife. I'd never hope for a chance to piss on your grave, as that would be one of the worst things that could be said by someone that loves as Christ loved.

WOW--you have a really really really really big heart, k !!

red states rule
08-05-2008, 09:43 PM
WOW--you have a really really really really big heart, k !!

But some people fail to see it and appreciate it

retiredman
08-05-2008, 09:49 PM

As I have said several times this evening, and some sanctimonious moderator keeps erasing my message... I THANK you for your kind wishes. I would also note that I have profusely apologized to RSR for my attack on his health condition over and over and over again. Yet, RSR has NEVER apologized to me for his incessant attacks on my patriotism and my service and NO republicans have EVER taken him to task for that.

Party uber alles, it would appear.

red states rule
08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
As I have said several times this evening, and some sanctimonious moderator keeps erasing my message... I THANK you for your kind wishes. I would also note that I have profusely apologized to RSR for my attack on his health condition over and over and over again. Yet, RSR has NEVER apologized to me for his incessant attacks on my patriotism and my service and NO republicans have EVER taken him to task for that.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/wteach/more/barking_moonbat3.jpg

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM

So who's the bigger man? How about stopping it right now? Without anymore deletions? You are welcome for my prayers and wishes, even if your weren't, I'd still offer them, it's the right thing to do. Wouldn't matter how mad you made me, wishing you ill would be wrong. Wishing for desecration of where you may finally lie, well that's beyond the pale.

If I did such a thing, I'd hope you would forgive me, regardless of the nonsense I may have posted in a fit of pique. To hold you to the same standard, when you hadn't done the same, well that would be nonsense. I'd know that.

retiredman
08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
So who's the bigger man? How about stopping it right now? Without anymore deletions? You are welcome for my prayers and wishes, even if your weren't, I'd still offer them, it's the right thing to do. Wouldn't matter how mad you made me, wishing you ill would be wrong. Wishing for desecration of where you may finally lie, well that's beyond the pale.

If I did such a thing, I'd hope you would forgive me, regardless of the nonsense I may have posted in a fit of pique. To hold you to the same standard, when you hadn't done the same, well that would be nonsense. I'd know that.

I have already stopped it. I havge apologized to RSR and I have put him and Yurt on ignore and have no plans to remove them. I apologized to RSR. He has never forgiven me. YOU tell ME who is the bigger man... if you dare.

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I have already stopped it. I havge apologized to RSR and I have put him and Yurt on ignore and have no plans to remove them. I apologized to RSR. He has never forgiven me. YOU tell ME who is the bigger man... if you dare.

If what you say is so and you keep it there, you. Without a doubt.

red states rule
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM

Again, for which one have you apologized for? The first, second, or third wish to piss on my grave?

Simple question

Answer - if you dare

retiredman
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
This message is hidden because red states rule is on your ignore list

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
This message is hidden because red states rule is on your ignore list

How would you know if no one quoted? Which no one did.

manu1959
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
How would you know if no one quoted? Which no one did.

because he is a liar..................?

red states rule
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
because he is a liar..................?

and because he knows he repeated the slur three times and is emblishing his statements

darin
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
MFM removed from discussion.

mundame
08-05-2008, 10:16 PM
MFM removed from discussion.

What?

Once people start deleting posts they don't like ----------- is that okay with everyone?

Dilloduck
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
What?

Once people start deleting posts they don't like ----------- is that okay with everyone?

no but that's the way it goes

Yurt
08-05-2008, 11:23 PM
no but that's the way it goes

it ain't a democracy thats for sure

manu1959
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
it ain't a democracy thats for sure

it is a private website .... owner makes the rules.....

Yurt
08-05-2008, 11:42 PM
it is a private website .... owner makes the rules.....

um, yes

red states rule
08-06-2008, 06:17 AM
um, yes

Jim and the mods are doing what they can to keep the board civil, and cracking down on those who would rather flame then debate