PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Freeman seriously injured

08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Apparently he was in a car accident. They say he is seriously injured. Don't know anything else yet.

hjmick
08-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Broken arm and shoulder. Alcohol not involved. No word on who the female passenger was. Could be Morgan's biggest worry may be his wife, if she was not the passenger.

red states rule
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I wish him the best, and hope he gets out soon

Morgan Freeman has been injured in car accident in Mississippi.

The Academy Award winning actor is in a Memphis hospital. Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Stringer says Freeman is in a serious condition.

The Dark Knight star was said to be traveling with a female passenger at around 11.30pm local time yesterday when the crash occurred. No other vehicles were involved.

A US television news team are reporting the 71-year-old's car came off a motorway and flipped several times.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/morgan-freeman-in-serious-condition-after-car-smash-13930171.html
Emergency crews used the 'jaws of life' to extract Freeman from his vehicle.

The accident happened in Tallahatchie County Mississippi. Freeman, 71, was airlifted to hospital where he is currently receiving treatment. The condition of the female passgenger is unknown.

Morgan has previously won an Oscar

PostmodernProphet
08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
just watched him last night in a movie called "Warning"....excellent movie that I apparently missed in the theaters......

red states rule
08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
just watched him last night in a movie called "Warning"....excellent movie that I apparently missed in the theaters......

He is a fine actor. Liked many of his movies. I hope he gets well quick and gets back to work soon

mundame
08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
He is a fine actor. Liked many of his movies. I hope he gets well quick and gets back to work soon

The news says he was lucid and talking. Even joking. So we probably don't have to say good-bye to him yet.

He was great in "Deep Impact," though.

08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I already posted this

red states rule
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I already posted this

Sorry

Feel free to merge or lock this one

stephanie
08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
He is a good actor and seems like a good person..

Hope he recovers soon..

hjmick
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Does anyone else remember Morgan Freeman from his days on The Electric Company?

retiredman
08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Does anyone else remember Morgan Freeman from his days on The Electric Company?

I do, and my oldest son probably ought to, as much time as we spent together watching it!

hjmick
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I do, and my oldest son probably ought to, as much time as we spent together watching it!

He certainly has come a long way since those days.

http://gothamist.com/attachments/arts_jen/0805electricreader.jpg

Yurt
08-04-2008, 10:43 PM
MF is one of the top 5 actors alive today. period. the voice...penguin movie would not have been the same. shawshank...nuff said

Yurt
08-04-2008, 10:45 PM
He certainly has come a long way since those days.

http://gothamist.com/attachments/arts_jen/0805electricreader.jpg

:lol: he always looks old and traditional in the movies i have seen, thats funny

dan
08-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Get ready for it...

I'm not really a fan. He was pretty good in Shawshank, and Glory (that was him in that, right?), but... eh. I'm really happy he's not hurt or anything, but I think he's overrated.

Let the flaming begin...

Hobbit
08-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Get ready for it...

I'm not really a fan. He was pretty good in Shawshank, and Glory (that was him in that, right?), but... eh. I'm really happy he's not hurt or anything, but I think he's overrated.

Let the flaming begin...

http://www.indiewire.com/ots/Another%20Gay%20Movie%202.jpg

Oh, wait, you mean the other kind of flaming. Well, I'm just not into that. Anyway, enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2BzLf2jwIM

PostmodernProphet
08-05-2008, 04:26 AM
why would we flame you simply because you have lousy taste?......

dan
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
why would we flame you simply because you have lousy taste?......

I like The Money Pit. That's my reply to that.

red states rule
08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Get ready for it...

Let the flaming begin...

He is a fine actor - not great

No reason to flame based on your comment

CockySOB
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm not really a huge fan of Freeman's either. He's good, probably a couple notches above the average journeyman actors, but he's never had a memorable lead role IMHO. Some excellent supporting roles, to be sure, but nothing which carried the story for me.

CooterBrown44
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
No flaming from me. We all have our opinions.

He lives less than an hour from me. I think he's a damn fine actor and a great human being. He seems to be doing fine, from what I hear.

jackass
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
No flaming from me. We all have our opinions.

He lives less than an hour from me. I think he's a damn fine actor and a great human being. He seems to be doing fine, from what I hear.

So is his mistress!! :)