PDA

View Full Version : UN report on iraq, 2 weeks before invasion.

Gaffer
08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Very interesting article about the WMD's in iraq and what happened to them. And I am posting the UN report that was made 2 weeks before the invasion.

Warning: Libs will not want to read this as it contains facts and truth, along with photo's.

http://www.floppingaces.net/2008/08/04/us-official-iraqis-told-me-wmds-sent-to-syria/#more-6398

Look, it’s like this, people can say what they want about President Bush and his administration’s claims before the war. Me, I ignore the claims all together and look at the UN’s claims from 2wks before the invasion.

More specifically:

o Security Council resolution 687 (1991) called for the destruction, removal or rendering harmless, inter alia, of all Iraq’s research, development, support and manufacturing facilities related to CW activity.
o UNSCOM also estimated that based on unaccounted for growth media, Iraq’s potential production of anthrax could have been in the range of about 15,000 to 25,000 litres.
o Based on all the available evidence, the strong presumption is that about 10,000 litres of anthrax was not destroyed and may still exist.
o In December 1998, there were over 20 spray dryers and 70 freeze dryers under inventory control including some of these items that could be used for the drying of bulk BW agent. In addition, there was evidence that Iraq was developing the capability of indigenously manufacturing spray dryers.
o Iraq currently possesses the technology and materials, including fermenters, bacterial growth media and seed stock, to enable it to produce anthrax. Many of the skilled personnel familiar with anthrax production have been transferred to civilian industries.
o Since Iraq produced more botulinum toxin than other agents and it still possesses the expertise and possibly the seed stock, material inputs (such as growth media), and equipment (fermenters), then production at least at the scale of its pre-1991 level could be rapidly recommenced.
o The production and downstream processing equipment needed for Clostridium perfringens is available in Iraq in the civilian sector such as at vaccine plants.
o Based on its estimate of the amounts of various types of media unaccounted for, UNSCOM estimated that the quantities of additional undeclared agent that potentially could have been produced were: 3,000 – 11,000 litres of botulinum toxin, 6,000 – 16,000 litres of anthrax, up to 5,600 litres of Clostridium perfringens, and a significant quantity of an unknown bacterial agent.
o The assertion that aflatoxin was one of the agents investigated by Iraq in its BW programme is supported by the analysis of video tapes of field trials found in the Haidar Farm cache as well as documents and information provided by Iraq. There is little doubt that, as Iraq declared, aflatoxin was designated as agent C for the purposes of research, development and production.
o Iraq has demonstrated the ability to manufacture both chemical and biological equipment, such as simple process equipment and fermenters.
o While Iraq’s inventory of aerial chemical and biological bombs was presumably eliminated, its ability to reconstitute that inventory remains largely intact.
o Iraq still had significant stocks of conventional 122-mm warheads and 155-mm projectiles similar to those previously modified for use with chemical agents. Iraq’s industries appear fully capable of modifying these conventional munitions for use with chemical agents as well as the indigenous production of most or all of their components.
o Except for the artillery rocket and three aerial bombs filled with VX for corrosion and stability tests, Iraq declared that VX had not been weaponized. However, in April/May 1998, UNSCOM took remnants of missile warheads that had been unilaterally destroyed by Iraq for analysis. The analysis showed traces of VX degradation products, and a chemical known to be a stabilizer for VX.
o There are 550 Mustard filled shells and up to 450 mustard filled aerial bombs unaccounted for since 1998. The mustard filled shells account for a couple of tonnes of agent while the aerial bombs account for approximately 70 tonnes
o Iraq is self-sufficient with respect to the availability of starting materials required for production of Mustard
o It is known that Iraq had tested different types of aerial spray or other devices capable of disseminating Mustard agent.
o Of concern is the more general question of Iraq’s intentions with respect to RPVs as CBW delivery systems and the relationship to the spray tank development.
o Given Iraq’s history of concealment with respect to its VX programme it cannot be excluded that it has retained some capability with regard to VX.
o Iraq’s account of the number of bombs and warheads filled with anthrax has changed on several occasions.
o There has been a surge of activity in the missile technology field in Iraq in the past four years.
o In attempting to acquire not only operational missiles but also the associated know-how and the means of production of a two-stage missile with a solid rocket motor and a liquid propulsion engine, Iraq had apparently sought to establish a sound technological basis for an industrial infrastructure capable of producing an advanced short-range ballistic missile (SRBM - up to 1000 kilometres range).
o A number of areas of uncertainty regarding Iraq ballistic missile programmes still exist. Many of these relate to Iraq’s unilateral destruction of missile components and propellants. Other areas relate to imports, accountancy and material balance questions.

If you read the article there are at least 40 iraqi's in prison who took part in moving the weapons.

But hey, any lib will tell you iraq wasn't a threat.

Kathianne
08-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Exactly Gaffer, I'm unsurprised. It wasn't Bush and Cheney hiding the truth, they acted upon the best information available.

Gaffer
08-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Yep given this information I would have order an invasion too. Then on top of it you have the witnesses that described moving the weapons to syria.

The 2006 attack on Israel was a test run to check out rocket ranges and reliability. Next time the WMD's will be used. hizbo is being recognized as a militia force in lebanon now and will have the support of the lebanese government in the next attack.

Kathianne
08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Yep given this information I would have order an invasion too. Then on top of it you have the witnesses that described moving the weapons to syria.

The 2006 attack on Israel was a test run to check out rocket ranges and reliability. Next time the WMD's will be used. hizbo is being recognized as a militia force in lebanon now and will have the support of the lebanese government in the next attack.

True that. Did you catch this?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1008134.html

Reports: Syria's Hezbollah liaison was assassinated
By Yoav Stern and Barak Ravid

Mohammed Suleiman, a top military aide to Syrian President Bashar Assad whom Israel believes was in charge of arms transfers from Syria to Hezbollah, was killed by sniper fire last Friday, according to reports that appeared yesterday in the Arab press and on web sites affiliated with the Syrian opposition. ...

Gaffer
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
True that. Did you catch this?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1008134.html

Yes I did. Looks like Israel strikes again. They must have a team in syria pinpointing these guys and knocking them off. Now if they could just get close to assad.

Kathianne
08-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes I did. Looks like Israel strikes again. They must have a team in syria pinpointing these guys and knocking them off. Now if they could just get close to assad.

That would be good.

glockmail
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I am NOT at all a fan of World Net Daily, but I can vouch for Ryan Mauro’s piece for several reasons. It corroborates earlier articles from other sources. It corroborates my own research. It revolves around a man of honor-not some political partisan hack or the Maple Syrup King of Vermont/Dr/Gov/Middle East expert and DNC chairman. Lastly, because Ryan is not WND, RNC, or DNC, but because he’s Ryan.

I recall several libs in this forum calling Ryan a liar along with Bush. Where are they now?

Gaffer
08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I recall several libs in this forum calling Ryan a liar along with Bush. Where are they now?

Good question. I do expect some of the more ignorant who won't read the article to come spout their mantra.

The UN report was new to me. I had not seen it published anywhere before, even though it's been 6 years.

glockmail
08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Good question. I do expect some of the more ignorant who won't read the article to come spout their mantra.

The UN report was new to me. I had not seen it published anywhere before, even though it's been 6 years.

Its 170-some odd pages. Much easier to not read it and say "Bush lied".

mundame
08-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Its 170-some odd pages. Much easier to not read it and say "Bush lied".

Okay. In that case -----------

Bush lied!