PDA

View Full Version : WHERE is the FATHER in all this? Woman takes permanent Custody of her 3 kids...

darin
08-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Where's the father? She KILLED HIM.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A lawyer for Mary Winkler says the woman convicted in the shooting death of her pastor husband in Tennessee has taken custody of her three daughters.

Putnam said Monday that the children will remain with Winkler permanently.

Winkler was convicted of voluntary manslaughter last year for shooting her husband, Church of Christ minister Matthew Winkler, at their Selmer, Tenn., residence. Sentenced to three years in prison, she is free on probation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,397361,00.html

I can not believe she's been awarded custody. I mean...holy crap. What's a woman have to DO to lose her kids? :-/

mundame
08-04-2008, 03:11 PM

I can not believe she's been awarded custody. I mean...holy crap. What's a woman have to DO to lose her kids? :-/

Presumably he was beating her --- and possibly the children.

Otherwise they wouldn't have let her out and given her custody of the children.

08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
You know it's all the fathers fault. If he wasn't such a horrible person and willing to take care of his children, they wouldnt be in such a poor predicament.

Missileman
08-04-2008, 03:14 PM

Sounds like the REAL travesty was her sentence for killing her husband. They are still her children, but they should have to visit her in prison for quite a few years.

08-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Sounds like the REAL travesty was her sentence for killing her husband. They are still her children, but they should have to visit her in prison for quite a few years.

Actually, that's a typical sentence.

mundame
08-04-2008, 03:21 PM
You know it's all the fathers fault. If he wasn't such a horrible person...they wouldnt be in such a poor predicament.

Right.

From Fox News:
Mary Winkler appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show agreeing to open up about Battered Woman Syndrome. While on the stand and with Oprah, Winkler said she regrets not speaking up for herself in her marriage. One Mid-South woman says many victims of domestic violence find themselves silent, scared and powerless.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/myfox/photo_servlet?contentId=2976476&version=1&locale=EN-US&subtype=MIMG&siteId=1022&isP16=true

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WHBQ FOX13 myfoxmemphis.com)- Through tears, whispers and a bowed head, Mary Winkler took the stand and testified about a life she says she kept secret from everyone she knew. She said her husband Matthew Winkler kicked her and forced her to perform unnatural sexual acts. Mary Winkler is accused of shooting and killing Matthew with a shotgun. Even when prosecutors cross examined her, she seemed to still be protecting his name.

darin
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Presumably he was beating her --- and possibly the children.

Otherwise they wouldn't have let her out and given her custody of the children.

Bullshit. Easy - VERY easy to blame a dead guy, isn't it?

Said1
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
If it was up to me, I would still question her mental stability. Two months in a mental health facility doesn't seem very long. This women supposedly believed killing her husband was the only way out. Becoming this way - or developing the 'abused women syndrom' takes more than two months (of course experts would say there is a certain predisposition for this 'syndrom' ie abusive parents, meaning that this women has suffered a life time of abuse). Two months and all is well? I doubt it.

08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Right.

From Fox News:
Mary Winkler appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show agreeing to open up about Battered Woman Syndrome. While on the stand and with Oprah, Winkler said she regrets not speaking up for herself in her marriage. One Mid-South woman says many victims of domestic violence find themselves silent, scared and powerless.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/myfox/photo_servlet?contentId=2976476&version=1&locale=EN-US&subtype=MIMG&siteId=1022&isP16=true

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WHBQ FOX13 myfoxmemphis.com)- Through tears, whispers and a bowed head, Mary Winkler took the stand and testified about a life she says she kept secret from everyone she knew. She said her husband Matthew Winkler kicked her and forced her to perform unnatural sexual acts. Mary Winkler is accused of shooting and killing Matthew with a shotgun. Even when prosecutors cross examined her, she seemed to still be protecting his name.

She chose to kill the man. She murdered him. If he was abusing her, there are countless other choices she could have taken. But she chose to murder the man. And can we believe that he actually abused her when he has no chance to defend himself from the accusation?

Do you even think about what your saying before you write it?

Said1
08-04-2008, 04:06 PM
She chose to kill the man. She murdered him. If he was abusing her, there are countless other choices she could have taken. But she chose to murder the man. And can we believe that he actually abused her when he has no chance to defend himself from the accusation?

Do you even think about what your saying before you write it?

were there witnesses willing to vouche for her?

08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
were there witnesses willing to vouche for her?

No clue. But my guess is if there were, it would never have reached the murder phase. Someone would have reported it.

Said1
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
No clue. But my guess is if there were, it would never have reached the murder phase. Someone would have reported it.

Don't be so sure. It's been my experience that people don't tend to call the police - even on a little turd my dog could drop kick n his sleep.

glockmail
08-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Matthew Winkler kicked her and forced her to perform unnatural sexual acts. ... According to queers any sex act is natural. Where's the PC police on this?

mundame
08-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Anyway, I want to congratulate Emmett for giving a darn. Too few people do.

And hubby and I are watching Repoman tonight (yet again) in Emmett's honor.

Kathianne
08-05-2008, 02:08 PM
http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=2587

Winkler Gets Kids Back; UK Law to Allow 'Women Who Kill in Cold Blood to Escape Murder Charge'
August 4th, 2008 by Glenn Sacks

Mary Winkler--who shot her husband in the back and then refused to aid him or call 911 as he slowly bled to death for 20 minutes--walked away a free woman last year after serving a farcically brief "sentence" for her crimes.

Mary Winkler’s claims of abuse were largely uncorroborated during the trial. According to the testimony from Matthew Winkler's oldest daughter, Patricia, the dead father--who as he lay dying looked at his wife and asked "why?"--was a good man and did not abuse her mother...

Trinity
08-05-2008, 07:57 PM
I only have one thing to say on this don't be judgmental unless you have been in a similar situation............I was and can say that if I had not been able to get away and remain hidden I might have been in a similar situation. Unless you have actually experienced what this women claims she has experienced you have no idea.

some women when they have been beaten down so low find they have no other way out but to completely eliminate the problem.

This goes on way more then most people are willing to admit....including the ones being abused.

mundame
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I only have one thing to say on this don't be judgmental unless you have been in a similar situation............I was and can say that if I had not been able to get away and remain hidden I might have been in a similar situation. Unless you have actually experienced what this women claims she has experienced you have no idea.

some women when they have been beaten down so low find they have no other way out but to completely eliminate the problem.

This goes on way more then most people are willing to admit....including the ones being abused.

Of course.

Well said, Trinity.