PDA

View Full Version : EMMETT reaches 500 posts.

emmett
08-06-2008, 01:58 AM
It was August 6. A hot and humid evening in jefferson, Georgia as Emmett fired up the ol' Toshiba. It would have been an evening of no distinction less for the fact that on this evening at around 1:am eastern time, Emmett would enter his 500th post on the Debate Policy message board. Yes sports fans, it is a day that will live in infamy for sure I tell ya.

Newsflashes, Meaningless surveys and silly random poetry have been the mix of most of the posts. Not to mention his wacky support of the hopeless Libertarian Party. Yeah that Emmett is a character they have PM'ed one another.

"Yup, he looks like a democrat, but he sounds like a straight up conservative."

"I don't know what to think of that guy. He's nutty one minute, then just seems as normal as the rest of us."

"You ever read that damn Castro poem he wrote, damn that was funny."

"I think he's all full of himself, that's what I think."

"He nailed it on that damn Government health care thing. You ever read those posts about the doctors talking in the government ran hospital. Damn that was funny, well.....maybe not funny, but scary."

"I think he just tries to bring items to the table with a different prospective."

"I don't know about that cat. You know he's a Libertarian right?"

"He's friends with Psycho. What does that say about him?"

"I heard Kathianne has met him. We ought to ask her what he is really like."

"He talks to Mr P on the phone from what i hear."

"Man, he gets around. You ever read one of those damn survey things he does with his granddaughter. Supposedly they just go out into public and ask folks questions. I wonder if that shit is for real."

"I remember one time he went down on the mexican border and rode a four wheeler around down there with the Minutemen. He wrote about these two border patrol agents that were on the take two weeks before the national headlines broke. Remember that?"

He's a truck driver, he travels all over the country."

"No he's not. He's a repoman."

"I heard he was writing a book. When is he gonna publish that damn thing."

"I heard he was educated as a journalist, a creative writer or something."

"No, he's a history major. Went to college in California while he was in the Navy or something."

"He is one strange bird, I know that."

"The guy looks like a drug dealer."

Yup, he's an educated truck driver, sailor, repoman, biker with no tattoos.
No matter what you all think of me on here i want to take this opportunity to tell all of you how much I have enjoyed the debate and interaction. While I was on the road it was this message board that provided me with the only interaction I had with sanity in the outside world. I appreciate the friends that I have made and have enjoyed myself immensely.

I discovered the USMB one evening while browsing about four years ago. I was waiting to unload some cars in Los Angeles. I had never used the computer much except for work and was not much on surfing and so forth. I began to read some of the posts. The more I read, the more I realized I had an opinion on some of the topics. I signed up and began to post. Eventually we graduated over here. I have never been a heavy poster. Most of the time I would just open up and read. After a while I started to develop an idea of what the folks that were posting on the board might be like. It was interesting. . The folks were very opinionated and some were down right offensive. It took a while for me to develop my own ideaology of how to approach the board with ideas of my own.

After you read enough of someones writings you really begin to get a feel for what type of person they are. I mean, you know where they stand politically, that isn't too hard to figure out. What i'm referring to is what kind of person they really are. There are some really fine folks on here.

Sometimes we seem to go for days and never come up with anything new. The arguments get really tired and the heavys really boring and repiticious. That is when i usually like to strike. Something off the wall, a newsflash maybe. I got this idea that if I posted a hypothetical yet maybe a little comical newsclipping about an issue far into the future, maybe it would catch a laugh or two and break the monotony. You may or may not have noticed that I NEVER use links to news stories. I don't know how. Sometimes it went over well, sometimes it didn't.

There are some very interesting people on here. My favorites are the girls of course. It is unique to experience friendships with people that you never meet or see. Sort of the way of the new world. I feel I know a couple of the people on here better than I know my neighbors. At any rate I just thought I would have a little fun with the 500 post thing. I know some of you post 500 a week so it really isn't any significant thing to you.

Look for my book "THE TAKE BACK MAN" The true life story of the repoman in book stores coming soon.

Remember, there are other choices for president, like Cynthia McKinney, Barack Obama, John McCain and Ralph Nader , hell you can pencil in Mickey friggin Mouse if you want to, BUT...............................

Those of you who really give a damn, who really love this country and care about it's future, need to be brave enough to step up and do what those men in that room did so many years ago......................................

You know what I'm gonna say.......................................:salute:

Nighty nite

Psychoblues
08-06-2008, 02:06 AM
This is the type of post that deserves attention only in the Lounge, emmie. You truly just don't get it, do you?

Slip on in and have a drink with me, OK?

BTW, what are all those necklaces supposed to be compensating for?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

midcan5
08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Emmett, Excellent post.

emmett
08-07-2008, 03:23 AM
This is the type of post that deserves attention only in the Lounge, emmie. You truly just don't get it, do you?

Slip on in and have a drink with me, OK?

BTW, what are all those necklaces supposed to be compensating for?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Well Davey, I'm an old hippe. I have always liked turquoise jewelery. I also have bracelets, a white turquoise watchband and several rings on, you just can't see them in the picture. I also wear moccasins regularly and have a big fat multistone beltbuckle.........................dontcha know!