PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Statement on Bush Veto Threat of Military Funding Bill

stephanie
03-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I really really dislike this woman..

Washington, D.C. -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued the following statement today on President Bush's threat to veto the U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Health, and Iraq Accountability Act:

"President Bush’s Iraq policies weaken our military’s readiness, dishonor our nation’s promises to our veterans, and fail to hold the Iraqi government accountable for overdue reforms.

"By threatening to veto the House's military funding bill, the President is walking away from his promise to the American people. The President has vowed to veto a bill that contains his own reform benchmarks for performance by the Iraqi government, our Defense Department’s own standards for troop readiness, and America's promise to our veterans.

"With his veto threat, the President offers only an open-ended commitment to a war without end that dangerously ignores the repeated warnings of military leaders, including the commander in Iraq, General Petraeus, who declared in Baghdad this week that the conflict cannot be resolved militarily.

"The House of Representatives will soon have a chance to choose a new direction for the American people. The bill the President dismisses out of hand will measure the Iraqi government's actions by the standards Mr. Bush himself set, conforms deployment of our troops to existing military standards for readiness, and provides badly needed help to an overburdened military and veterans’ medical system wracked by scandal."

http://speaker.house.gov/newsroom/pressreleases?id=0096

CSM
03-10-2007, 06:56 PM
SHe is a piece of work, that's for sure!

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Good reply Madam Speaker.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Good reply Madam Speaker.

Admit it----being here is better than the movies !!

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 10:40 PM
lol it is better than the movie I saw tonight.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 10:41 PM
lol it is better than the movie I saw tonight.

Sounds like it--thanks for the warning ! :coffee: