PDA

View Full Version : Bush Gets Tremendous Crowds in S. Korea, US Media Ignores Story

red states rule
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I thought libs said the US and Pres Bush was hated around the world

Bush Gets Tremendous Crowds in S. Korea, US Media Ignores Story
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
August 6, 2008 - 11:23 ET

Over at Gateway Pundit, Jim Hoft introduces us to Amy Proctor's report on the amazingly large crowd of South Koreans that came out to welcome George W. Bush to their country. It's a good thing that Amy clued us in here in America, because our media sure ignored the story of this large turnout.

Amy directs our attention to The Korea Times report that revealed that 374 "conservative groups" intended to "stage a large-scale demonstration welcoming Bush, at Seoul Plaza," and boy did they ever come through. It turns out, the anti-Bush protesters were only able to muster a could of hundred protesters while the pro-Bush rally saw 15,000 Koreans turn out to participate.

Amy reminds us that none of the pro-Bush rallies were sponsored by the South Korean government, too.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/news_images/20080805/P1SK-1.jpg

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/08/06/bush-gets-tremendous-crowds-s-korea-us-media-ignores-story

Little-Acorn
08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
15,000 is a "tremendous crowd"?

Obama got more than that at a stadium in Berlin. But then, most of those were American newsmen.

red states rule
08-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Obama got more than that at a stadium in Berlin. But then, most of those were American newsmen.

But this is the "hated" Pres Bush

BTW, in Germany they had to offer free rock concerts to attract the crowd for Obama

theHawk
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Korea is one of the few places in the world where the people actually stand face to face with the evil of communisim. They have their looney left as well, but its a very small percentage compared to America.

red states rule
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Korea is one of the few places in the world where the people actually stand face to face with the evil of communisim. They have their looney left as well, but its a very small percentage compared to America.

We can onlyhope that will happen here as well

April15
08-06-2008, 04:00 PM
As usual the crowd was vetted before assembly so as to ensure a peaceful cheering crowd.

retiredman
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Obama got more than that at a stadium in Berlin.

exactly. 15K for Bush.... 200K for Obama. tremendous

I guess if you are George Bush and can't string five words together without mangling one, getting 15K to sit and listen to you speak is tremendous.

I would suggest that one of the reasons that the crowd was as big as that was because the crowd either didn't speak ANY english, or spoke broken "english as a second language" much the same way Bush does!

Sitarro
08-06-2008, 05:14 PM

I guess if you are George Bush and can't string five words together without mangling one, getting 15K to sit and listen to you speak is tremendous.

I would suggest that one of the reasons that the crowd was as big as that was because the crowd either didn't speak ANY english, or spoke broken "english as a second language" much the same way Bush does!

I bet President Bush knows how many States make up the United States.

retiredman
08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I bet President Bush knows how many States make up the United States.

and I bet Obama does too.... he made a verbal slip. wow. have you ever been to the myriad of Bushism sites to read the nearly countless malaprops and faux pas that Bush has made?

Do you REALLY want to compare their oratorical skills?

I didn't think so.

Yurt
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
at least bush didn't need a free rock concert and other promotions to get people to show up...but you won't hear most of his followers being honest about that...

Yurt
08-06-2008, 06:45 PM

you're jealous because bush doesn't have to offer free rock concerts...i understand, he gets your goat...:laugh2:

red states rule
08-07-2008, 07:08 AM

So far this year Pres Bush has beaten Dems on FISA, war funding, the surge, and spending issues

No wonder you hate him so much