PDA

View Full Version : Coffee shops and technology

Yurt
08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I decided to get out of the office and come down to the local coffee shop. The coffee shop is early 20th century architecture, replete with what looks to be a geniune copper inlaid ceiling approximately 20 feet high (could be faux though, manu would know immediately). The people are relaxed, not wired as one would expect from a drinking coffee. Conversation is pleasant, the high ceilings mute the noise to an enjoyable level.

And here i sit in the middle of the shop on the internet. There are approximately 3 other people on the internet (assuming those on their laptops like myself are on the net). This is not news or even a marvel, we are quite accustom to such technology. Just thought I would share with you what an interesting time we live in.

diuretic
08-07-2008, 02:54 AM
The interesting thing is though that the basics are constant. Take away the technology and you could be in 18th Century London, Dr Johnson could be holding court over there at a table, although I don't think I could see him deigning to order a vente :)