PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton urges monogamy to fight AIDS

Little-Acorn
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Clinton urges monogamy Health services key to AIDS fight

In a related story, Al Gore urged people to drive small cars, not leave their engines running, and to cut down the carbon footprints of their houses.

In another related story, Lee Harvey Oswald urged people to respect American heads of state and to do nothing that might imperil them.

In another related story, Josef Stalin urged people to push for freedom and democracy, and to overthrow any dictatorships they might find.

I could go on... but can anyone tell where the dividing line falls between stories that are flat-out false, and those that are true but merely sound like they must be a lie, in any sane world?

You can't make this stuff up, folks. At least, not the top two stories, both of which are actualy true, unlikely as they may seem. :lol:

-----------------------------------------

http://www.thespec.com/News/CanadaWorld/article/414572

Clinton urges monogamy Health services key to AIDS fight

Alexandre Meneghini, the Associated Press
Jeremy Laurence
The Independent, London
(Aug 6, 2008)

Bill Clinton made a plea yesterday for a new emphasis on monogamy as a key element in the battle against AIDS. The former U.S. president, not noted for his ability to keep his own marriage vows, said it was very important to change people's attitudes to sex.

http://media.hamiltonspectator.com/images/fd/19/85c6cf5a4929bf027b0a188c8b1f.jpeg

In an interview with the BBC, recorded in Africa, Clinton told his interviewer that increasing support for monogamy was not just a problem for the continent worst hit by AIDS, but for the world.

"To pretend we can ever get hold of this without dealing with that -- the idea of unprotected sexual relations with unlimited numbers of partners -- I think would be naive."

Experts believe that although there is no evidence that Africans have more sex, the nature of their sexual relationships may help to explain the high rate of AIDS on the continent. Research suggests there is a higher frequency of overlapping sexual partnerships, creating sexual networks that, from an epidemiological point of view, are more efficient at spreading infection.

Serial monogamy and sporadic one-off sexual encounters, as practised in the West, are less effective at spreading infection.

Clinton said the main challenge to fighting AIDS in Africa was improving health services.

Yurt
08-06-2008, 03:03 PM
i'll light a cigar on that note....

Little-Acorn
08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
i'll light a cigar on that note....

You'll need to dry it out first, Bill.

darin
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Why doesn't he encourage homosexuals seek treatment and help for their condition?

He must hate homos.

08-06-2008, 03:39 PM
He is right about this though. The best way to fight aids, other than to avoid drugs, is to remain chaste before marriage and faithful after.

He might not practice what he is preaching. But I'm atleast glad he is getting it.

Immanuel
08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Next he'll be promoting abstinence only sex education. This will follow Hell's freezing by a matter of hours.

Avatar's right though. Good for President Clinton.

Immie

Mr. P
08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
He is right about this though. The best way to fight aids, other than to avoid drugs, is to remain chaste before marriage and faithful after.

He might not practice what he is preaching. But I'm atleast glad he is getting it.

Oh he is "getting it" alright, what he says is not what he does.

Cigars all around for the naive. :poke:

08-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh he is "getting it" alright, what he says is not what he does.

Cigars all around for the naive. :poke:

I'd rather someone see the ideal and fall short than pretend it doesn't exist. and I am going to give him credit for this one. Let's face it the guy isnt right on a lot of things. May as well give him a break.

manu1959
08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
this from a man that sticks cigars in a woman and thinks blow jobs aren't sex.....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
this from a man that sticks cigars in a woman and thinks blow jobs aren't sex.....

http://www.smilespedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/clinton_absolutlewinsky.jpg