PDA

View Full Version : Cruel but funny

Noir
08-06-2008, 08:47 PM
STOCKTON, CA - Police are looking for three suspects who attacked an elderly couple early Wednesday evening and used an unusual weapon to attack them -- the man's artificial leg.

Ma Khamchai, 66, and his wife, 62 year-old Noi were walking near their Lindsay Street home when they were confronted by two women and a man who demanded Noi's purse.

Ma fought back, kicking at his attackers, but in the scuffle his artificial leg came off. The robbers then used the leg to beat the couple.

The three got the purse and fled the scene.

"I'm so mad I can't believe it happened to them. It's so wrong," said granddaughter Boualai Khamchai.

The couple was not seriously hurt.

Police are looking for two women in their early 20s and a man about 18 or 19 years old.

Ma Khamchai said he lost his leg in a landmine accident in his native Thailand when he was very young.

sorry, no link as of yet.

hjmick
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah, fucking hilarious!

08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
did i miss something?

Mr. P
08-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Brit humor I guess..a bit warped.

hjmick
08-06-2008, 10:17 PM
The only thing funny in this thread is the way he spelled "cruel." :laugh:

Noir
08-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Ah damnit, (forgot the rule, e before u except after cr...always gets me that one...)

Come on, ya's have ta see sommit funny in a guy gettin wacked with his own fake leg...not even a little grin?...

Kathianne
08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Ah damnit, (forgot the rule, e before u except after cr...always gets me that one...)

Come on, ya's have ta see sommit funny in a guy gettin wacked with his own fake leg...not even a little grin?...

personally, no. However your reasoning for spelling problem, with admitted dyslexia, well that I can understand.

BTW, if you ever want spelling corrected, just let me know. :beer:

Mr. P
08-06-2008, 10:39 PM

Assault and robbery are not funny in the US, regardless of the weapon.

hjmick
08-06-2008, 10:44 PM

I'll give you credit for being able to laugh at your spelling.

As for the assault, had the perpetrator used his own leg as a weapon, I might have been amused. But to rip an old guys leg off and beat him with it? Not so much.

Dilloduck
08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I could see Monty Python doing that bit now !! :laugh2:

Noir
08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
No worries if it doesn't tickle your baps, i still think its funny in quiet a morbid way though.

BTW, if you ever want spelling corrected, just let me know.

Cheers :)

diuretic
08-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Come on it's funny, I mean in a Monty Pythonish way and chuck the Two Ronnies in there as well....."police said the victim didn't have a leg to stand on, no sorry, I'll read that again, the police said the victim had a leg to stand on...."

So when the villains ran away, does that mean they legged it?

And what about the victim? He's lucky, over here he would have been picked up and tossed in detox for being legless.

The Chief of Police in Stockton recently advised the media that given this type of offence is happening in his city he has decided to put his foot down.

At least the crooks didn't take an arm and a leg so the victim isn't broke.

After the police turned up the victim asked what else could be done, the police told him to "hop it mate" (British terminology meaning skedaddle).

If it had been in Toronto, Canada, the villains would have headed for the nearest Shoeless Joe's to celebrate.:cheers2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0

dan
08-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I thought it was pretty funny. :dunno:

jackass
08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I thought it was pretty funny. :dunno:

ME too in a morbid sense. The others have to get the sticks out of their arses!! :laugh2:

Noir
08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
ME too in a morbid sense. The others have to get the sticks out of their arses!! :laugh2:

We don't know...it could be a touchy subject...they may have a fake leg up there ;)

hjmick
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I will acquiesce and admit that there are some who could find it humorous, as is evidenced by some of the posts here. It just so happens that I didn't.

jimnyc
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
My brother in law always tells me he is going to rip my arm off and beat me with the bloody stump.

So does this mean the guy in the article kicked his own ass? :poke:

Said1
08-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Come on it's funny, I mean in a Monty Pythonish way and chuck the Two Ronnies in there as well....."police said the victim didn't have a leg to stand on, no sorry, I'll read that again, the police said the victim had a leg to stand on...."

So when the villains ran away, does that mean they legged it?

And what about the victim? He's lucky, over here he would have been picked up and tossed in detox for being legless.

The Chief of Police in Stockton recently advised the media that given this type of offence is happening in his city he has decided to put his foot down.

At least the crooks didn't take an arm and a leg so the victim isn't broke.

After the police turned up the victim asked what else could be done, the police told him to "hop it mate" (British terminology meaning skedaddle).

If it had been in Toronto, Canada, the villains would have headed for the nearest Shoeless Joe's to celebrate.:cheers2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0

LMAO@ the Two Ronnies.

Cue the Benny Hill chase scene, it's time for a sexy pahtay! . :laugh2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jkkzi00fMoM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jkkzi00fMoM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>:

diuretic
08-08-2008, 06:17 AM
:cheers2::laugh2::lol:

hjmick
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm a Monty Python guy. I never developed an appreciation for Benny Hill. Well, except for his work in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

dan
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm a Monty Python guy. I never developed an appreciation for Benny Hill. Well, except for his work in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Blasphemy! Yakkity Sax is the funniest piece of music ever written!

hjmick
08-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Blasphemy! Yakkity Sax is the funniest piece of music ever written!

Indeed it is, I even have it as a ring tone on my cell. Benny Hill, however, did not write "Yakety Sax." It was written in 1963 by Boots Randolph and James Q. "Spider" Rich, and recorded by Randolph. They wrote it for a performance at The Armory in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. (source: WIKIPEDIA)

The music would still be funny regardless of it's association with Hill.

dan
08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Indeed it is, I even have it as a ring tone on my cell. Benny Hill, however, did not write "Yakety Sax." It was written in 1963 by Boots Randolph and James Q. "Spider" Rich, and recorded by Randolph. They wrote it for a performance at The Armory in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. (source: WIKIPEDIA)

The music would still be funny regardless of it's association with Hill.

But, be fair, did you first hear it in association with Benny Hill or at The Armory?

Not that it matters, really. I'm just sayin, I think we will be treated to montages of people running around in fast-motion set to that song for many, many years.

hjmick
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
But, be fair, did you first hear it in association with Benny Hill or at The Armory?

You're probably right, my first memory of hearing the piece more than likely comes from Benny Hill. Though it has been used by Monty Python, recorded by Bill Haley, and performed on the Tonight Show by Glen Campbell. It even appears in the movie V for Vendetta.

Not that it matters, really. I'm just sayin, I think we will be treated to montages of people running around in fast-motion set to that song for many, many years.

Or people falling:

D2IKNPFdvII

Damn, that shit never gets old! :lmao: