PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Abstract Patriotism

red states rule
08-07-2008, 08:00 AM
The flag pin flap, his smearing the US in his Berlin speech, and his snubbing the troops so he can shoot some baskets show a pattern Obama is not very pleased with the country he wants to be President of

What is patriotism to the messiah known as Obama?

August 07, 2008
Obama's Abstract Patriotism
By Larrey Anderson

When Barack Obama gave a speech on patriotism, he equated patriotism with the abstract concepts of "sacrifice" and "service to a larger cause." Senator Obama does not understand what patriotism is -- or how it works.

A couple of political flubs forced Obama into his patriotic speech mode. It started last fall with the flag pin flap. Obama sometimes did -- and more often did not -- wear an American flag pin. Obama explained his refusal to wear the lapel pin thus:

"After a while, you start noticing people wearing a lapel pin, but not acting very patriotic. Not voting to provide veterans with resources that they need. Not voting to make sure that disability payments were coming out on time. My attitude is that I'm less concerned about what you're wearing on your lapel than what's in your heart."

This initial explanation created a lot more questions than answers. Patriotism seems to be either reduced to support for certain pieces of legislation or it disappears into the mysterious (yet known to Obama) human heart. This ambiguous rationalization, for rather obvious reasons, did not fly.

A few weeks later, Obama was, literally, caught on film with his hands down. A widely circulated video showed Obama not placing his hand over his heart during the National Anthem.

Obama responded to a question about the National Anthem incident in a town hall meeting last November with this vague reply:

"Anytime that you pledge allegiance you put your hand over your heart and I always have and I always will. It's simply not true."

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/obamas_abstract_patriotism_1.html