PDA

View Full Version : Hydrogen Power and Mazda 9 Rotary Engine

Kathianne
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM
pretty cool, hope it works out:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/08/06/is-hydrogens-future-in-the-hands-of-mazdas-rotary-engine/

Is hydrogen's future in the hands of Mazda's rotary engine?

Posted Aug 6th 2008 at 4:04PM by Jeremy Korzeniewski

Filed under: Flex-Fuel, Hydrogen, Mazda

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4357/rxhydrogenrekr2.jpg

As any regular reader of our site is aware, there are many issues with the notion of using hydrogen as fuel which need to be overcome before there is any chance that you'll find yourself refilling your new car at a hydrogen station any time soon. Not the least of these is the fact that there are almost no hydrogen stations in the first place. Also, whether the hydrogen is used in a fuel cell for an electric car or burned directly in an internal combustion engine, there aren't actually any hydrogen-powered cars available today which you can just go out and buy. Mazda may soon change all of that by introducing a hydrogen-powered rotary-engined RX-9. According to Auto Express, the new car will be dual-fuel capable, with clean credentials coming from hydrogen and performance credentials coming from gasoline. Amazingly, the article claims that Mazda's hydrogen RX could be ready for sale as early as 2012.

April15
08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
This is great news for California as the rotary can't make smog in the state.

Kathianne
08-07-2008, 11:59 AM

Well if they could work out the hydrogen and internal combustion engine, wouldn't be a problem, Hydrogen emits water, not CO2.

glockmail
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
The Wankel is still an inefficient design, no matter what fuel is used.

manu1959
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
mine works great......120,000 miles and going strong

April15
08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Well if they could work out the hydrogen and internal combustion engine, wouldn't be a problem, Hydrogen emits water, not CO2.That is my point! Wankels are great engines.

hjmick
08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Just remember what happened the last time people use hydrogen in transportation:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/hindenburg.jpg

:D

darin
08-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Are you saying it can't pass the smog test?

Effeciency depends on how it's measured. 1.3L @ 215hp is pretty efficient. Now, 215hp for 21mpg (freeway) is NOT efficicent.

April15
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Are you saying it can't pass the smog test?

Effeciency depends on how it's measured. 1.3L @ 215hp is pretty efficient. Now, 215hp for 21mpg (freeway) is NOT efficicent.The rotary has to high an emissions amount for California.

PostmodernProphet
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
The Wankel is still an inefficient design, no matter what fuel is used.

my son would disagree....he is rebuilding a 93 RX7 right now....

hjmick
08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
The rotary has to high an emissions amount for California.

Forgive my ignorance, but...

If this is true, how does Mazda sell it's cars in California? Are they using a different engine?

This is a serious question, I'm not being a smartass... this time.

manu1959
08-07-2008, 04:19 PM

If this is true, how does Mazda sell it's cars in California? Are they using a different engine?

wow ....makes me wonder how my mazda passes smog every year

April15
08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
wow ....makes me wonder how my mazda passes smog every yearNot a rotary or is older and is exempt.

darin
08-07-2008, 04:38 PM

That's news to the HUNDREDS of rx8 owners I've seen online.

www.rx8club.com

(shrug)

He's mistaken, that's all. RX8s pass smog ALL THE TIME in California.

manu1959
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM

WRONG!

[edit] Fuel consumption and emissions
In Mazda's RX-8 with the Renesis engine, fuel consumption is now within normal limits while passing California State emissions requirements. The exhaust ports, which in earlier Mazda rotaries were located in the rotor housings, were moved to the sides of the combustion chamber. This approach allowed Mazda to eliminate overlap between intake and exhaust port openings, while simultaneously increasing exhaust port area. The Renesis engine even meets California's Low Emissions Vehicle or LEV standards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine

hjmick
08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Okay, after a quick visit to Mazda USA's website, it appears as though the only Mazda using the rotary engine is the RX8. The Renesis, as described in Manu's post.

April15
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
WRONG!

[edit] Fuel consumption and emissions
In Mazda's RX-8 with the Renesis engine, fuel consumption is now within normal limits while passing California State emissions requirements. The exhaust ports, which in earlier Mazda rotaries were located in the rotor housings, were moved to the sides of the combustion chamber. This approach allowed Mazda to eliminate overlap between intake and exhaust port openings, while simultaneously increasing exhaust port area. The Renesis engine even meets California's Low Emissions Vehicle or LEV standards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine

Oh! That hurts. I guess that is what I get for not staying on top of mazda.

darin
08-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Rotary!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2004-Mazda-RX8-incar-dyno_9589.htm

glockmail
08-07-2008, 05:47 PM
mine works great......120,000 miles and going strong
I didn't say that it didn't work, just that it's inefficient, as in consuming too much fuel and not burning it completely.

Effeciency depends on how it's measured. 1.3L @ 215hp is pretty efficient. Now, 215hp for 21mpg (freeway) is NOT efficicent. Wow- you need a LOT of education about engines (not to mention basic English). Efficiency is only measured one way: work done / heat energy of the fuel.

my son would disagree....he is rebuilding a 93 RX7 right now.... He can disagree all he wants, but he'll be driving fewer miles with his hard earned dollar.

Just as the shape of the Wankel combustion chamber prevents preignition, it also leads to incomplete combustion of the air-fuel charge, with the remaining unburned hydrocarbons released into the exhaust. …However, the less effective sealing of the Wankel is one factor reducing its efficiency, confining its success mainly to applications such as racing engines and sports vehicles where neither efficiency nor long engine life are major considerations…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine#Fuel_consumption_and_emissions

PostmodernProphet
08-07-2008, 08:34 PM
He can disagree all he wants, but he'll be driving fewer miles with his hard earned dollar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine#Fuel_consumption_and_emissions

not to mention the turbocharger, etc. that he added to it......and I don't even want to know why he says it's top end is 150 mph......

darin
08-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow- you need a LOT of education about engines (not to mention basic English). Efficiency is only measured one way: work done / heat energy of the fuel.

Right....because cars/engines are NEVER judged for "FUEL EFFICIENCY"....or any OTHER efficiency.

wow.

Here's the deal - Based on Horsepower per Litre, the engine returns very nice gains. That's efficient. It's efficient in terms of weight and space-saving, too.

You are arguing because you can't be wrong. It's against your nature to be taught anything.

hjmick
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh! That hurts. I guess that is what I get for not staying on top of mazda.

Hell, I was still under the impression that they only sold cars and trucks with rotary engines. That's the way it used to be I had no idea it was any different.

darin
08-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Hell, I was still under the impression that they only sold cars and trucks with rotary engines. That's the way it used to be I had no idea it was any different.

I can't believe mazda ever 'only' used rotary engines across their line up. If you look thru their line, historically, (I can't find the data) any car starting with a letter other than R was a Piston engine, generally. They did have a rotary-powered pick up AND Bus, though.

[edit] this table shows the engines mazda used over the years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_engines

glockmail
08-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Right....because cars/engines are NEVER judged for "FUEL EFFICIENCY"....or any OTHER efficiency.

wow.

Here's the deal - Based on Horsepower per Litre, the engine returns very nice gains. That's efficient. It's efficient in terms of weight and space-saving, too.

You are arguing because you can't be wrong. It's against your nature to be taught anything. Wow Darin, you're really getting psychotic over this. You neg rep’d me for my thermodynamically correct assessment, now this. Did you name your girlie car “Christine”?

not to mention the turbocharger, etc. that he added to it......and I don't even want to know why he says it's top end is 150 mph......

Who pay's the insurance?

My 16 year old is driving my old "Exploder" with only the state mandated insurance and its still $1000/ year. I told him that if he crashes, he drives a dented car, fixes it himself or walks.

darin
08-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Why did he add a turbo to it? 93 RX7s were all turbo'd from the factory. Did he do a single turbo conversion (from the stock twin-turbo set up)?

The turbo will only HELP the engine's "efficiency" if that's what he's after.

One reason I didn't buy an Rx7, however, (I was shopping 93-97 models) was because I'd seen several posts on their forums which amounted to:

"Hey y'all! I've made it 60,000 miles without the apex seals going!"

Replies:

":bs:"

:)

While there have been plenty of advancements in apex-seal and tuning technology, folks with built-up Rotary engines should be prepared to replace stuff. Rotary engines, specifically RX7s, left stock can run very well, for a reasonably long time w/o major problems.

You neg rep’d me
http://www.225.ca/ivan/nov03/crybaby.jpg

glockmail
08-08-2008, 09:13 AM
http://marketplace.omaha.com/neo-images/marketplace/mpnews/photos/010/medium/photo_10340.jpg

You need to paint your's red at least, Darin.

hjmick
08-08-2008, 09:24 AM
I can't believe mazda ever 'only' used rotary engines across their line up. If you look thru their line, historically, (I can't find the data) any car starting with a letter other than R was a Piston engine, generally. They did have a rotary-powered pick up AND Bus, though.

[edit] this table shows the engines mazda used over the years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_engines

In my mind, everything the sold in the late seventies/early eighties was rotary. Obviously this perception is wrong, but that's the way it seemed to me. Maybe it was due to the popularity of their pick-ups.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
In my mind, everything the sold in the late seventies/early eighties was rotary. Obviously this perception is wrong, but that's the way it seemed to me. Maybe it was due to the popularity of their pick-ups.

I thought so too, at least back in the 70's when I first heard of Mazda. One of my boyfriends got one for his 16th bd, I know that was rotary, thought they all were.

darin
08-08-2008, 09:43 AM
y'all know Miatas are Piston-powered, right?

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 09:47 AM
y'all know Miatas are Piston-powered, right?

Yep. I have the R6, that is too. I can't afford the rotary. ;)

Funny, I tried to find out more about the 70's, found a site called triplezoom or something like that. They speak only of rotary, but then pistons come up. I probably don't know enough about cars to even read it well.

darin
08-08-2008, 10:16 AM
What's an R6?

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 10:21 AM
What's an R6?

Sorry you have it right. It's a Mazda 6 sport wagon. I think I've read too many of your posts. As I said, I don't really know much about cars, with the exception of looks, costs, and changing the oil. Oh I wash it too.

darin
08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
lol :) No worries. That Maz6 Wagon is pretty cool. :)

The NEW Mazda6 will be something like a poor(er) man's lexus.

glockmail
08-08-2008, 10:49 AM
……

Funny, I tried to find out more about the 70's, found a site called triplezoom or something like that. They speak only of rotary, but then pistons come up. I probably don't know enough about cars to even read it well.

Ford bought the concept from the inventor (Wankel) back in the 60's, spent millions on it, realized that it had efficiency and emissions problems, so sold it to Mazda for 49% of their stock. Mazda marketed the technology and was initially successful, then scaled it back to only their sports car (which is really just a “sporty car”). (I'm sure someone here will pick that apart and find a slight error in history and bash me with it, but so be it- the nuts and bolts of the matter are factually correct.)

In any event, inventors have come up with all sorts of internal combustion engine configurations, all of them based on the simple principle of compressing a fuel air mixture, igniting it, and pushing the exhaust out while collecting mechanical energy. These range from a positive displacement (piston) to a pure axial configuration (turbine), and each is efficient only within a defined rotational speed (rpms). The Wankel engine is close to the piston engine within this range.

The power to weight ratio tends to increase substantially over this range. On the high rpm range, the turbine, and its purely thrust only sister jet engine, can develop huge power/ weight ratios. Darin is confusing efficiency with power to weight ratio.

The Wankel has the inherent problems of sealing between the rotor and the stationary chamber. When the engine runs the rotor tends to heats up faster than the chamber. Plus, at the same temperature difference the smaller rotor “grows” less than the larger chamber. Initial designs developed problems with seizing when the rotor got hot and “grew” too big for the chamber. Designers solved this problem by building the rotor out of iron and the chamber out of aluminum (which “grows” larger than iron at a given temperature difference).

Mazda’s done a great job tinkering with the configuration using different materials and such, but have never achieved the efficiency of the old piston engine. The piston has rings that seal against the cylinder, and the rings are basically springs which keep an even seal as the piston heats up differently than the cylinder. I always figured the Wankel engineers would try and configure some type of compressible metal between the two parts to act as the “ring”. Maybe they have, as I have not been following along with their developments.

Maybe Darin the self proclaimed “car guy” can enlighten us on current technology.:coffee:

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Ford bought the concept from the inventor (Wankel) back in the 60's, spent millions on it, realized that it had efficiency and emissions problems, so sold it to Mazda for 49% of their stock. Mazda marketed the technology and was initially successful, then scaled it back to only their sports car (which is really just a “sporty car”). (I'm sure someone here will pick that apart and find a slight error in history and bash me with it, but so be it- the nuts and bolts of the matter are factually correct.)

In any event, inventors have come up with all sorts of internal combustion engine configurations, all of them based on the simple principle of compressing a fuel air mixture, igniting it, and pushing the exhaust out while collecting mechanical energy. These range from a positive displacement (piston) to a pure axial configuration (turbine), and each is efficient only within a defined rotational speed (rpms). The Wankel engine is close to the piston engine within this range.

The power to weight ratio tends to increase substantially over this range. On the high rpm range, the turbine, and its purely thrust only sister jet engine, can develop huge power/ weight ratios. Darin is confusing efficiency with power to weight ratio.

The Wankel has the inherent problems of sealing between the rotor and the stationary chamber. When the engine runs the rotor tends to heats up faster than the chamber. Plus, at the same temperature difference the smaller rotor “grows” less than the larger chamber. Initial designs developed problems with seizing when the rotor got hot and “grew” too big for the chamber. Designers solved this problem by building the rotor out of iron and the chamber out of aluminum (which “grows” larger than iron at a given temperature difference).

Mazda’s done a great job tinkering with the configuration using different materials and such, but have never achieved the efficiency of the old piston engine. The piston has rings that seal against the cylinder, and the rings are basically springs which keep an even seal as the piston heats up differently than the cylinder. I always figured the Wankel engineers would try and configure some type of compressible metal between the two parts to act as the “ring”. Maybe they have, as I have not been following along with their developments.

Maybe Darin the self proclaimed “car guy” can enlighten us on current technology.:coffee:

ya ford is doing real well these days......

darin
08-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Current technology on what? Of what? The Rotary engine? You obviously searched the net for the info you just posted. Try scrolling down, or googling "Renesis" if you want/need more info.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Off current topic and an aside. When I posted the original post it was to my way of thinking, those getting ahead of the curve. Mazda seems to be leading the way, then again there is the Chevy Volt. ;)

darin
08-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Off current topic and an aside. When I posted the original post it was to my way of thinking, those getting ahead of the curve. Mazda seems to be leading the way, then again there is the Chevy Volt. ;)

I dunno. I mean, I'm scared of Mazda; after dealing with my RX8. Although I bet MOST car makers try to avoid warranty coverage of their products. I've had a LOT of crap to put up with on the rx8 re: getting warranty coverage.

For that reason, I'll likely never buy another 'new' mazda. I'm scared of the quality of worksmanship. Another mazda thing that bugs me: They seem to think adding power to a car automatically reduces the subjetive handling capability of the car. :(

glockmail
08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Current technology on what? Of what? The Rotary engine? You obviously searched the net for the info you just posted. Try scrolling down, or googling "Renesis" if you want/need more info.
1. Current sealing technology, silly boy! I guess I gave you too much credit.
2. No net search required. The source of my information is from fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science coupled with my practical knowledge of engine technology. Maybe you can “google” some of the terms that I used and prove to yourself that some of us are capable of original thought.

darin
08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Are you simply going to insult and attack me in this thread? Is that your plan?

glockmail
08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Revealing the truth is now an insult?

You always have the option of banning me from this thread (or from the forum at large) if you can't handle it.

darin
08-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Nobody deserves the harassment you give me. Keep it up and you'll get your wish - your wish to play the victim.

glockmail
08-08-2008, 11:40 AM
How have I harassed you, dear boy? By proving that your self proclamations are hot air? Please help me to understand how revealing the truth is inappropriate in a political forum.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Revealing the truth is now an insult?

You always have the option of banning me from this thread (or from the forum at large) if you can't handle it.

This should be dealt with in pm's, as an accusation of staff. Please take it there.

darin
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Kath - he won't get it. He'll keep pushing until he's banned from the board, then play the victim card. He hates EVERYONE smarter than he is.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Kath - he won't get it. He'll keep pushing until he's banned from the board, then play the victim card. He hates EVERYONE smarter than he is.

dmp are you saying some think they may know more than us, the all knowing? LOL! Some members may, but in this particular sort of exchange, it's not appropriate to bash on the board. They may pm us or tell another staff member or admin.

glockmail
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
This is projection on your part. I have proven once more that I am much smarter than you, and on the very subject that you claim expertise. In response you neg rep me twice, threaten to ban me, and piss and moan that I am insulting you and harassing you.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 01:01 PM
This is projection on your part. I have proven once more that I am much smarter than you, and on the very subject that you claim expertise. In response you neg rep me twice, threaten to ban me, and piss and moan that I am insulting you and harassing you.

Once again if you have a problem with an admin/staff member, take it to pm. We are not out to ban you, but you are crossing that threshold.

darin
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
For the record - chicks LOVE RX8s.

http://media.motortopia.com/files/2/vehicle/458302e7e73e9/rx8-girls2.jpg

Also for the record - There exists FEW cars made in HISTORY sexier than the rx8
http://www.3rotor.com/images/rx8wb/rx8front.jpg

glockmail
08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
For the record - chicks LOVE RX8s.

.... Sure, 'cuz it's a girlie car! :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Sure, 'cuz it's a girlie car! :laugh2:

Is that supposed to be a dis? If so, falls way flat.

glockmail
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Is that supposed to be a dis? If so, falls way flat.
Why would it be a "dis"? I dig chicks. :slap:

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Why would it be a "dis"? I dig chicks. :slap:

Dunno, I agree you are for women. So what DID you mean?

darin
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Sure, 'cuz it's a girlie car! :laugh2:

Absolutely. I'm NOT a homo. I PREFER Women dig the car I own, rather than DUDES. See? Some guys drive TRUCKS because their man-buddies think "OMG! How AWESOME! A TRUCK!"

For me - a car should move like a female gymnist. Sleek. Powerful. Agile.

For others, a car should behave like a Sumo - Fat. Sloppy. Soft. Over-priced brakes...etc....

If that smokes your pole, you're welcome to it. :)

glockmail
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Dunno, I agree you are for women. So what DID you mean? Why not simply take it at face value, Kate?
You chicks have to read layers into everything.

Absolutely. I'm NOT a homo. I PREFER Women dig the car I own, rather than DUDES. See? Some guys drive TRUCKS because their man-buddies think "OMG! How AWESOME! A TRUCK!"

For me - a car should move like a female gymnist. Sleek. Powerful. Agile.

For others, a car should behave like a Sumo - Fat. Sloppy. Soft. Over-priced brakes...etc....

If that smokes your pole, you're welcome to it. :)

Actually Darin, more women drive your car. :laugh2:

darin
08-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Actually Darin, more women drive your car. :laugh2:

More women that WHAT drive my car? Only one woman drives MY car. You mean more women than men drive the car? Is that your claim?

First - got any data to support that?
Seconldy - if you have data to support that, why would any guy over the age of 6 care?

glockmail
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
More women that WHAT drive my car? Only one woman drives MY car. You mean more women than men drive the car? Is that your claim?

First - got any data to support that?
Seconldy - if you have data to support that, why would any guy over the age of 6 care?

By your car, I obviously meant same make/ model. No one over age 6 should be offended at that.

darin
08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
No one over age 6 should be offended at that.

Then why do you keep trying to use it as an 'insult'? Nobody over 6 should try to use 'chick car' as a dig. Because it doesn't f'ing matter, now, does it?

glockmail
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Then why do you keep trying to use it as an 'insult'? Nobody over 6 should try to use 'chick car' as a dig. Because it doesn't f'ing matter, now, does it? Why do you consider it an insult, Darin?

darin
08-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't consider it an insult, Steve. You use it as if it were. You're using it as an insult.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Seems like a perfect time for everyone to call out "Allie Allie Oxen Free". Seriously.

glockmail
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't consider it an insult, Steve. You use it as if it were. You're using it as an insult. Well Darin, anyone who asks another man to suck his balls obviously has a different way of thinking than I do. :gay:

darin
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Well Darin, anyone who asks another man to suck his balls obviously has a different way of thinking than I do. :gay:

Who asked whom to suck their balls, Steve?

Dilloduck
08-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Seems like a perfect time for everyone to call out "Allie Allie Oxen Free". Seriously.

Are you kidding ? This is the most interesting discussion of the Wankle that I've ever heard ! :laugh2:

theHawk
08-08-2008, 03:03 PM
The problem with hydrogen is its gives shit for power output. Yea they got a hydrogen RX-8 in japan but it makes far less power. I'll stick to good 'ol fashioned gasoline, and I don't give a shit how much it consumes. I drive the car for fun, not for simplying going from A to B.

Oh and BTW, I don't know very many chicks that drive an RX-8, all the owners I've ever met are males. Hell most chicks can't even drive stick.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 03:48 PM
The problem with hydrogen is its gives shit for power output. Yea they got a hydrogen RX-8 in japan but it makes far less power. I'll stick to good 'ol fashioned gasoline, and I don't give a shit how much it consumes. I drive the car for fun, not for simplying going from A to B.

Oh and BTW, I don't know very many chicks that drive an RX-8, all the owners I've ever met are males. Hell most chicks can't even drive stick.

I can drive a stick, I prefer. Along with coffee and cigs, keeps me awake.

glockmail
08-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Who asked whom to suck their balls, Steve? It was you asking me to suck your balls, Darin. I can't say that I've ever asked a man to do that to me.

glockmail
02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
1. Current sealing technology, silly boy! I guess I gave you too much credit.
2. No net search required. The source of my information is from fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science coupled with my practical knowledge of engine technology. Maybe you can “google” some of the terms that I used and prove to yourself that some of us are capable of original thought.
Wow I got a neg rep for this post? :lol:

glockmail
02-17-2009, 09:17 PM
As well as this one. Wow.

I didn't say that it didn't work, just that it's inefficient, as in consuming too much fuel and not burning it completely.

Wow- you need a LOT of education about engines (not to mention basic English). Efficiency is only measured one way: work done / heat energy of the fuel.

He can disagree all he wants, but he'll be driving fewer miles with his hard earned dollar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine#Fuel_consumption_and_emissions

Kathianne
02-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Wow I got a neg rep for this post? :lol:

Why would you dig this up? Thought you wanted to be here and avoid confrontations? Wasn't that your bill of goods?

glockmail
02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Why would you dig this up? Thought you wanted to be here and avoid confrontations? Wasn't that your bill of goods? Me, avoid confrontation? I was just reviewing my last reps, is all. Lighten up, Teach. :poke:

Kathianne
02-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Me, avoid confrontation? I was just reviewing my last reps, is all. Lighten up, Teach. :poke:

Look, I like you and if you don't know that by now you never will. Coming back and digging up a post that refers to an administrator is not the way to segue back.

BTW, I don't find your condescending use of 'teach' cute in this context.

The ClayTaurus
02-18-2009, 12:37 AM
I dunno. I mean, I'm scared of Mazda; after dealing with my RX8. Although I bet MOST car makers try to avoid warranty coverage of their products. I've had a LOT of crap to put up with on the rx8 re: getting warranty coverage.

For that reason, I'll likely never buy another 'new' mazda. I'm scared of the quality of worksmanship. Another mazda thing that bugs me: They seem to think adding power to a car automatically reduces the subjetive handling capability of the car. :(Sucks to hear that; I've had nothing but smooth sailing every time I've had warranty or recall issues. Then, mine was an 05, not the dreaded 04. And also, the color has been scientifically proven to be better than yours. :poke:

PostmodernProphet
02-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Why did he add a turbo to it? 93 RX7s were all turbo'd from the factory. Did he do a single turbo conversion (from the stock twin-turbo set up)?

not auto tech enough to be able to answer.....when he bought the car it was delivered with the engine in about a dozen different boxes....somebody had been doing a restore job and had failed and he bought all the pieces for $10k....I know he put in a non-stock turbo, because he had to design mounting brackets for it and have them custom made....I also know he is frustrated with it......he's gotten it all together, but currently, if he drives over 40 mph his turbo starts blowing oil all over the street....

does this help answer the question?