PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Mayor Ordered To Jail

red states rule
08-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, it is slammer time for Mayor Kilpatrick

and the liberal media is forgetting to remind people of his party affilation. ow if this was a Republcian Mayor.......

Detroit Mayor Sent to Jail
Reported by: Ann Mullen
Email: amullen@wxyz.com
Last Update: 11:32 am

WXYZ) Judge Ronald Giles has ordered Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick into Wayne County Jail for violating his bond.

WATCH THE RAW VIDEO IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ON THE RIGHT

PLUS SEE REACTION FROM ACTION NEWS CHIEF INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER STEVE WILSON

CLICK HERE FOR STREAMING LIVE COVERAGE

The mayor violated his bond when he went to Canada July 23 without informing the court, a condition of his bond. The judge also pointed out that the mayor had to make many calls and arrangements for his trip to Canada and could have easily called the court to alert it of the trip.

The 36th District Court judge stressed that he was treating Detroit's mayor in the same way he would "John Sixpack."

The Judge also withdrew the drug screening since the mayor took four tests and all came back clean.
It is not clear how long the mayor will be in jail since the judge revoked his bond.

Judge Giles also revoked the mayor's ability to travel.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=9e68516c-0495-40c8-af76-c12ead762575

DragonStryk72
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Wait, what was he convicted for originally?

and thank god, I mean seriously, how many politicians would have gotten away with a crime?

red states rule
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Wait, what was he convicted for originally?

and thank god, I mean seriously, how many politicians would have gotten away with a crime?

He lied under oath about an affair with a co-worker

Sound familiar?

theHawk
08-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I just read the story on CNN.com, they as well failed to mention his party affiliation.

How convienent.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I just read the story on CNN.com, they as well failed to mention his party affiliation.

How convienent.

They seldom do. I remember when NY Mayor Spitzer was busted it was 3 days fromn the networks said he was a Dem

Yet the libs say there is no liberal media bias

red states rule
08-08-2008, 03:30 PM
What a shocker! The liberal media continues to forget to mention he is a Dem

Again This Morning, No (D) for Incarcerated Detroit Mayor
By Matthew Balan (Bio | Archive)
August 8, 2008 - 14:43 ET

The Big Three networks continued to ignore the party affiliation of the now-incarcerated Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick on Friday morning, just as they had done in their evening news programs the previous night. The Early Show on CBS chose to ignore the story of Kilpatrick’s arrest on a bail violation entirely, while ABC’s Good Morning America devoted one 16-second news brief to the story near the beginning of its 7 am Eastern hour.

Ironically, NBC’s Today show, which is devoting most of its programming to the Summer Olympics in Beijing, spent the most time on the subject. It first aired a 12-second news brief just after the top of 7 am Eastern hour, and devoted an entire segment to the story at the beginning of the 8 am Eastern hour. The report by correspondent Ron Allen was just shy of 2 minutes long, but still ignored Kilpatrick’s Democratic affiliation.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2008/08/08/nets-morning-shows-minimize-kilpatrick-arrest-cbs-ignores-it