PDA

View Full Version : I cheated death last night!

Mr. P
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Lucky Me.

I cheated death last night. Here’s what happened.

Just before I went to bed I walked in the kitchen for something. I have a gas stove and I caught a whiff of natural gas. I sniffed around but didn’t smell anything and went to bed.

At 5:15a.m. I woke and smelled gas. I figured there must be a leak so I went to investigate. On my way I realized that when I cooked dinner I turned one burner to the lowest setting to keep a pan warm and didn’t remember turning it off. Sure enough that’s where the knob was but the flame had gone out.

The gas was on all night; I’m lucky I had it on the lowest setting and had an open window in my room.

Trigg
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Lucky Me.

Just before I went to bed I walked in the kitchen for something. I have a gas stove and I caught a whiff of natural gas. I sniffed around but didn’t smell anything and went to bed.

At 5:15a.m. I woke and smelled gas. I figured there must be a leak so I went to investigate. On my way I realized that when I cooked dinner I turned one burner to the lowest setting to keep a pan warm and didn’t remember turning it off. Sure enough that’s where the knob was but the flame had gone out.

The gas was on all night; I’m lucky I had it on the lowest setting and had an open window in my room.

We have a gas stove also and made that same mistake.

Glad your ok

Kathianne
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Lucky Me.

Wow, that happened to me once, but not overnight. Good thing you don't :smoke: Glad you were fine!

emmett
08-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Lucky Me.

Damn P, am I gonna have to start coming by there to see if you turn your gas off?

Glad you are Ok pal. I've done that too.

hjmick
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Good you're okay, P. Don't let word of this leak, the government may decide to impose harsh restrictions on the use of gas ranges.

-Cp
08-07-2008, 01:40 PM
What range do you have Mr.P? I ask cause our range is gas and sometimes its burners go out as well when on low.... which pisses me off...

Makes me want to go get a Viking or some other kind that knows when to reignite itself..

Mr. P
08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Damn P, am I gonna have to start coming by there to see if you turn your gas off?

Glad you are Ok pal. I've done that too.

Just give me a call when you happen by. I was going to offer you a place to crash half way between home and Carrollton the other night but I don't have a extra bed yet. I wouldn't mind riding with ya some night if you're nearby.

Good you're okay, P. Don't let word of this leak, the government may decide to impose harsh restrictions on the use of gas ranges.

Ooooops, cats outta the bag!
I'll claim oldtimers disease.:laugh2:

What range do you have Mr.P? I ask cause our range is gas and sometimes its burners go out as well when on low.... which pisses me off...

Makes me want to go get a Viking or some other kind that knows when to reignite itself..

Not mine and I would never buy it...it's a Maytag.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

stephanie
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Goodness Mr.P..I'm glad you are all doing O.K..

Mr. P
08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Goodness Mr.P..I'm glad you are all doing O.K..

Fine as a frog hair, Steph. Thanks! :cheers2:

manu1959
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
glad you are ok ..... :cheers2:

Dilloduck
08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Lucky Me.

If you die like that I'll kill ya with my bare hands-----the conspiracy crap we will have to listen to here WILL DRIVE ME CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
We have a gas stove also and made that same mistake.

Glad your ok

glad your ok too

glockmail
08-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Wow Mr. P. I didn't thank gas ranges still let that happen.

Does anyone know is a CO detector would get set off with a natural gas leak?