PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Of the Flop

red states rule
08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
My, tells you alot about how popular San Fran Nan is. Could it have to do with the rotten job she is doing as Speaker of the House?

SPEAKER OF THE FLOP: PELOSI SELLS 2,737 COPIES OF BOOK
Thu Aug 07 2008 08:11:48 ET

The most powerful woman in the history of American politics is suffering a humiliating defeat at the nation's bookstores, sales figures show.

In her first week at market, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi sold just 2,737 copies of her book KNOW YOUR POWER, according to NIELSEN BOOKSCAN.

The DOUBLEDAY release was launched with a full media push, featuring high profile interviews on TODAYTHEVIEWTHISWEEK.

"I wrote the book in response to people asking me what it was like to go from housewife to House Speaker and for advice as to how young people, especially women, could balance family and career," Pelosi told the WASHINGTON POST.

Pelosi's sales debacle [#41 on the Non-Fiction Chart] is dramatically overshadowed by the first high profile anti-Obama book, OBAMA NATION, which debuts at #1 on both the BOOKSCAN and the NEW YORK TIMES Bestseller List, with 21,466 copies moved, industry insiders tell DRUDGE.

"The speaker was pre-occupied with house business last week," a source close to Pelosi explained Thursday morning. "She has now turned her focus to promoting this extraordinary book... doing local signings and speeches. I think we'll see an uptick."

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashnpb.htm

PostmodernProphet
08-07-2008, 04:20 PM
she has a book signing party in Ann Arbor tonight....the Michigan Republican Committee is encouraging folks to go and ask her why she is signing books instead of passing drilling legislation....hopefully it will be quite a party.....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
she has a book signing party in Ann Arbor tonight....the Michigan Republican Committee is encouraging folks to go and ask her why she is signing books instead of passing drilling legislation....hopefully it will be quite a party.....

OMG I would love to be there asking her that question while wearing my Operation Chaos T shirt. Then toss the book aside as I leave the store

I would tap into alot of liberal love :laugh2:

cubfan
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Amazon.com cut most of the negative reviews posted about this book. It had a one star rating, but is now 1 and a half. The reviews were hysterical.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Amazon.com cut most of the negative reviews posted about this book. It had a one star rating, but is now 1 and a half. The reviews were hysterical.

So is listening to San Fran Nan squeal she is trying to save the planet

KitchenKitten99
08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
This is one of my favorite quotes from an Amazon reviewer:

Now, don't think here writing is in the same league as Professor Newt Gingrich. Gingrich has his personal issues but he is a fantastic writer and an excellent history professor. Nancy generally writes in this strange first person way and how her logic is alway best. Actually, "logic" is a wrong word. It's Nancy's feeling that matter most. You're going to get a book of feelings. It's like Oprah as a politician who writes, badly.

hjmick
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I would not be surprised to see the number of books sold suddenly jump. It's not at all unusual for a supporter of a politician author to buy a large number of books to give away.