PDA

View Full Version : Obama tells 7-year-old America not so great

red states rule
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Libs never miss a chance to smear their own country, and now they are training the next generation to do the same

Obama tells 7-year-old America not so great
Responds haltingly to girl who asked why he wants to be president

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 07, 2008
12:46 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

It's the question every presidential candidate must be prepared to answer, but when it was posed to Barack Obama by a 7-year-old yesterday, the Democratic senator seemed at a loss for words.

Appearing before a packed high school gym in Elkhart, Ind., the young girl asked Obama why he is running for the White House.

"America is, is no longer, uh, what it could be, what it, it once was," Obama said haltingly. "And I say to myself, I don't want that future for my children."

Talk-radio superstar Rush Limbaugh, who featured the clip on his show today, marveled that Obama didn't immediately speak of running because he loves America.

"You're running for president of the U.S., and you run down the country to a 7-year-old?" said an incredulous Limbaugh.

Limbaugh suggested someone should ask Obama to name the period when, in his opinion, America was as it should be.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71713

stephanie
08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
The Obambam makes me sick..

Not only does he hate white people, he hates his own country...If he's even an American..there are questions still..

red states rule
08-07-2008, 03:44 PM
The Obambam makes me sick..

Not only does he hate white people, he hates his own country...If he's even an American..there are questions still..

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-ktc.jpg

No1tovote4
08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Just... Wow.

That isn't going to help him.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Just... Wow.

That isn't going to help him.

Give a leftie enough rope and he will hang himself

April15
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Libs never miss a chance to smear their own country, and now they are training the next generation to do the same

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

It's the question every presidential candidate must be prepared to answer, but when it was posed to Barack Obama by a 7-year-old yesterday, the Democratic senator seemed at a loss for words.

Appearing before a packed high school gym in Elkhart, Ind., the young girl asked Obama why he is running for the White House.

"America is, is no longer, uh, what it could be, what it, it once was," Obama said haltingly. "And I say to myself, I don't want that future for my children."

Talk-radio superstar Rush Limbaugh, who featured the clip on his show today, marveled that Obama didn't immediately speak of running because he loves America.

"You're running for president of the U.S., and you run down the country to a 7-year-old?" said an incredulous Limbaugh.

Limbaugh suggested someone should ask Obama to name the period when, in his opinion, America was as it should be.

His answer would be anytime before Raygun!

hjmick
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I look forward to this appearing in the next McCain ad.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 03:51 PM

You mean the good ol' days of Peanut Carter? Double digit inflation and interest rates, and near double digit unemployment. A great tax and spend liberal economy

Libs never stop shoing how much they "love" America, and "support" the troops

theHawk
08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
The gift that keeps on giving....the mouth of a liberal. :laugh2:

manu1959
08-07-2008, 03:53 PM

but his wife had never been more proud of america till now.....so it must be better now than then....

Little-Acorn
08-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I knew his wife felt that way. And his longtime minister.

His minister wasn't going to be accompanying him into the White House if he won. But his wife certainly was. And anyone who thinks a wife doesn't have a strong influence on what a man does, has rocks in his head. Or else was never married.

But now we are getting evidence that Barack Obama himself feels that way, wife or no wife. This is more than a little disturbing.

For cry yi yi...... after the controversy over eariler remarks from wife and minister, you'd think Obama's Number One "order of the day" in campaigning, is "NEVER, EVER, EVER say anything that runs down the United States! Distance yourself from your wife's and minister's earlier remarks, above all else!"

He completely blew that here. Can he be that completely disorganized, confused, and unthinking, to violate what had to be the fundamental theme of his campaign???

theHawk
08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
You mean the good ol' days of Peanut Carter? Double digit inflation and interest rates, and near double digit unemployment. A great tax and spend liberal economy

You beat me to it. Do these idiots even know what they are saying? How can anyone think that time before Reagan was good? It was one of the worst periods in our history. That tells you the direction shitbag liberals want our country to head into.

Kathianne
I posted the video earlier, it's amazing how he has trouble answering any questions without teleprompter, even from children.

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16621

manu1959
You beat me to it. Do these idiots even know what they are saying? How can anyone think that time before Reagan was good? It was one of the worst periods in our history. That tells you the direction shitbag liberals want our country to head into.

maybe he is refering to the nixon years?

Dilloduck
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Does this mean that the change he is talking about means going backwards to when things were good ? :laugh2:

red states rule
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I knew his wife felt that way. And his longtime minister.

His minister wasn't going to be accompanying him into the White House if he won. But his wife certainly was. And anyone who thinks a wife doesn't have a strong influence on what a man does, has rocks in his head. Or else was never married.

But now we are getting evidence that Barack Obama himself feels that way, wife or no wife. This is more than a little disturbing.

For cry yi yi...... after the controversy over eariler remarks from wife and minister, you'd think Obama's Number One "order of the day" in campaigning, is "NEVER, EVER, EVER say anything that runs down the United States! Distance yourself from your wife's and minister's earlier remarks, above all else!"

He completely blew that here. Can he be that completely disorganized, confused, and unthinking, to violate what had to be the fundamental theme of his campaign???

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/136033.jpg

Kathianne
08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
maybe he is refering to the nixon years?

I wondered if it was pre-Civil War? Who knows? He thinks words are without consequences, but his halo is beginning to tarnish.

manu1959
08-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I wondered if it was pre-Civil War? Who knows? He thinks words are without consequences, but his halo is beginning to tarnish.

the dude just says shit......

April15
08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
You guys crack me up!

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
You guys crack me up!

We know you are cracked April

Facts usually make libs foam at the mouth :lol:

manu1959
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
You guys crack me up!

no really....which years do you hope we change back to..........

April15
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
no really....which years do you hope we change back to..........Any before raygun. This nation has been on an ethical slide ever since his treaty with Iran before he was even elected.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Any before raygun. This nation has been on an ethical slide ever since his treaty with Iran before he was even elected.

Tell you what April. We will raise your tax rate to 70%, make sure you stay unemployed, and you pay 21% on your home loan - like it was under Pres Peanut

The rest of us will take the tax cuts, keep working, and stay with the low rate

Deal?

April15
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Tell you what April. We will raise your tax rate to 70%, make sure you stay unemployed, and you pay 21% on your home loan - like it was under Pres Peanut

The rest of us will take the tax cuts, keep working, and stay with the low rate

Deal?I would like to make enough money to be taxed at 70%. I am unemployed right now. As for 21% on a home loan they are just about there now.

While carter was president he quit subsidising the shah or iran. You know the guy WE put into power so all the iranian oil was free to us. Yeah it was Ike who did that or Truman.

In 1970 I had a thriving wood business and the fuel crises made me rich. I loved it. I wish I was doing cord wood now!

Little-Acorn
08-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey, I get it.

April15 is trying to look like a complete fool, in order to distract everybody in the thread from remembering that his hero The Messiah just made himself look like a complete fool.

:clap:

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I would like to make enough money to be taxed at 70%. I am unemployed right now. As for 21% on a home loan they are just about there now.

While carter was president he quit subsidising the shah or iran. You know the guy WE put into power so all the iranian oil was free to us. Yeah it was Ike who did that or Truman.

In 1970 I had a thriving wood business and the fuel crises made me rich. I loved it. I wish I was doing cord wood now!

Well you would not work hard knowing the governemnt would take 70% - most people would not

Well, you spend alot of time here posting - try looking for work

I work in the mortgage industry. If you are paying 21$ for a home loan, you either have a bad crdit score, a high risk loan - or both

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey, I get it.

April15 is trying to look like a complete fool, in order to distract everybody in the thread from remembering that his hero The Messiah just made himself look like a complete fool.

:clap:

April could write the speechs for the messiah

Kathianne
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I would like to make enough money to be taxed at 70%. I am unemployed right now. As for 21% on a home loan they are just about there now.

So you ARE hoping for a repeat of the 70's which hurt so many, but made YOU rich. I'm in the process of refinancing my home loan with Chase, 5.25%. How do you come up with 21%? Out of thin air? http://www.google.com/search?q=home+interest+rates&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
So you ARE hoping for a repeat of the 70's which hurt so many, but made YOU rich. I'm in the process of refinancing my home loan with Chase, 5.25%. How do you come up with 21%? Out of thin air? http://www.google.com/search?q=home+interest+rates&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If the loan is a piggyback loan and the person has a bad credit score the rate could be that high

I suspect April is inflating his numbers as much as Obama inflates his ego

April15
08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Well you would not work hard knowing the governemnt would take 70% - most people would not

Well, you spend alot of time here posting - try looking for work

I work in the mortgage industry. If you are paying 21$ for a home loan, you either have a bad crdit score, a high risk loan - or bothI work for pride! Something a person in the mortgage industry could not have or achieve. I am not most people. Construction is very slow here so until a phone call comes to confirm work I sit here playing with you guys.

April15
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
April could write the speechs for the messiahI am not religious so if need a god speech count me out.

Little-Acorn
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
So you ARE hoping for a repeat of the 70's which hurt so many, but made YOU rich. I'm in the process of refinancing my home loan with Chase, 5.25%. How do you come up with 21%? Out of thin air?

Kathianne, as i said, April15 is trying to come up with the silliest, most nonsensical dialogue he can dream up, as a means of diverting attention from the remarks his hero made that are the subject of this thread.

I know, it's hard to tell that kind of stuff from the everyday tripe he means seriously. But here I believe there's an actual method to his madness.

You seem to be falling for it.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I work for pride! Something a person in the mortgage industry could not have or achieve. I am not most people. Construction is very slow here so until a phone call comes to confirm work I sit here playing with you guys.

I have helped many people reach their dream of home ownership. I help sell the houses you build April

Maybe you want to work for the governemnt and not yourself is your call

If work is slow try other areas. Areas where libs are not in charge and business is good

April15
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
If the loan is a piggyback loan and the person has a bad credit score the rate could be that high

I suspect April is inflating his numbers as much as Obama inflates his egoIt seems to me that home interest rates are that high on Jumbo loans. In truth I think they are only 7% or so.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
It seems to me that home interest rates are that high on Jumbo loans. In truth I think they are only 7% or so.

Not if your credit score stinks

April15
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I have helped many people reach their dream of home ownership. I help sell the houses you build April

Maybe you want to work for the governemnt and not yourself is your call

If work is slow try other areas. Areas where libs are not in charge and business is goodI tried working for others. They just want money and care less about workmanship. I can't work that way.

Kathianne
Kathianne, as i said, April15 is trying to come up with the silliest, most nonsensical dialogue he can dream up, as a means of diverting attention from the remarks his hero made that are the subject of this thread.

I know, it's hard to tell that kind of stuff from the everyday tripe he means seriously. But here I believe there's an actual method to his madness.

You seem to be falling for it.

Well little fear that won't get played in a McCain ad coming shortly. ;) Obama lacks not just experience but the temperament for the presidency. He gets cranky with questions from the press that are anything but deferential and even when taking one from a child, is filled with umm, umm, before saying something asinine. Now he may win, but there isn't a reason in the world, except for the color of his skin. That would not be a good reason to vote against him, it's just as bad to have it as the reason to vote for him.

Any before raygun. This nation has been on an ethical slide ever since his treaty with Iran before he was even elected.

This nation's alot better than it was in the 70s. A growing economy. Greater technology. Hope for alot more people of all races. It's a great country. What the heck you talking about Willis?

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I tried working for others. They just want money and care less about workmanship. I can't work that way.

and now you are not working for anyone

OK I get it now

It's Bush's fault :laugh2:

April15
08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Todays America is not as great as the one I grew up in! Back then you had a job and did the best work possible. In return the company paid for your medical insurance or had a hospital for their employees. You knew a pension of merit was yours at retirement.
Today all you can count on is getting screwed, by everyone.

manu1959
08-07-2008, 04:47 PM

the libs in the bay area are about to ban wood burning fire places.....wait you sold cord wood....you are to blame for global warming and asthma...

April15
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
and now you are not working for anyone

OK I get it now

It's Bush's fault :laugh2:I have been in business since 1970 and love it.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Todays America is not as great as the one I grew up in! Back then you had a job and did the best work possible. In return the company paid for your medical insurance or had a hospital for their employees. You knew a pension of merit was yours at retirement.
Today all you can count on is getting screwed, by everyone.

and the only way to bring back the good ol days of 70's liberalsim is to tax the hell out of everybody, expand government handouts, government run healthcare, and free college for all

They have tried that in Cuba, the UK, and Canada

We all know how "great" things are in those countries

April15
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
the libs in the bay area are about to ban wood burning fire places.....wait you sold cord wood....you are to blame for global warming and asthma...Actually it is the conservatives who want this for their prissy kids.

April15
08-07-2008, 04:53 PM
and the only way to bring back the good ol days of 70's liberalsim is to tax the hell out of everybody, expand government handouts, government run healthcare, and free college for all

We all know how "great" things are in those countriesThe 70's are gone and so is the spirit that made this a great nation. The idea of handouts is a myth. A man collecting unemployment paid into a fund. Disability is a paid into fund. Social Security is a paid into fund that has been raided ever since raygun started the trend.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
The 70's are gone and so is the spirit that made this a great nation. The idea of handouts is a myth. A man collecting unemployment paid into a fund. Disability is a paid into fund. Social Security is a paid into fund that has been raided ever since raygun started the trend.

The employer pays the unemployment, and libs idea of getting them back to work is to extend the benefits

SS is a rip off. After paying into it all your life (if you live to collect) you might get a 2% return

Libs are constantly wanting more cradle to grave programs to get as many people as possible dependent on government

BTW, I believe it was Dems and LBJ who first tapped into SS

They had to pay for their "war on poverty"

April15
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
The employer pays the unemployment, and libs idea of getting them back to work is to extend the benefits

SS is a rip off. After paying into it all your life (if you live to collect) you might get a 2% return

Libs are constantly wanting more cradle to grave programs to get as many people as possible dependent on government

BTW, I believe it was Dems and LBJ who first tapped into SS

They had to pay for their "war on poverty"

Unemployment is paid by the employer but is a paid into fund. Not a government handout. SS was a good idea that got taken over by deficets. And this cradle to grave concept is conservative talk for what I don't know.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Unemployment is paid by the employer but is a paid into fund. Not a government handout. SS was a good idea that got taken over by deficets. And this cradle to grave concept is conservative talk for what I don't know.

and Dems think by extneding the benefits will make people get up and go to work

SS is a rip off

Do you have any idea how many Federal handouts that we are paying for April?

Yet the messiah says what a rotten place America is

manu1959
08-07-2008, 05:09 PM

We all know how "great" things are in those countries

works in danmark.....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 05:10 PM
works in danmark.....

and Fantasyland

Where most liberals live

red states rule
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
The gift that keeps on giving....the mouth of a liberal. :laugh2:

It is nice to know that Obama is an unpatriotic moron who hates white people and America. If he plays his cards right he will not burn any American flags before losing the election.

manu1959
08-07-2008, 05:38 PM
and Fantasyland

Where most liberals live

you should visit danmark.....it is pretty nice....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
you should visit danmark.....it is pretty nice....

Never been there

This is how well things are going in the UK medical centers

And Obama wants to do the same for us with government run healthcare

Hospitals infested with rats, fleas and bed bugs
Hygiene standards in NHS hospitals have been called into question after it emerged they are routinely dealing with infestations of vermin.

Outbreaks have included rats in maternity wards, wasps and fleas in neo-natal units, bed bug infestations, flies in operating theatres and maggots found in patients' slippers.

The data, uncovered using Freedom of Information rules, include hospitals with maggots, "over-run" with ants and mice "all over" wards; cockroaches in a urology unit and a store for sterile materials infested with mice.

The figures raise questions over standards of cleanliness and hygiene in hospitals although the healthcare regulator said complaints about pests were 'negligible'.

The Conservatives asked all 171 hospital trusts in England for details of pest control incidents for the last two years.

Of those, 127 Trusts responded and almost all had experienced problems and 100 of them collected detailed information about pest infestations.

In total there were almost 20,000 reports of pest problems and seven out of 10 trusts that responded reported they had called in pest control officers more than 50 times since January 2006 - an average of once a fortnight.

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospital Trust, the trust at the centre of Britain's biggest superbug scandal when more than 300 patient deaths were linked to Clostridium difficile, reported more than 50 pest incidents in two years.

A spokesman for Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust said: “Most incidents relate to old buildings which have now been demolished at Pembury Hospital. There is no specific problem.”

Of the trusts that collected detailed information 80 per cent had problems with ants, 66 per cent had rats, 77 per cent had mice, 59 per cent had problems with cockroaches, 65 per cent had biting insects or fleas, 24 per cent had problems with bed bugs and 6 per cent had maggots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majornews/2505011/Hospitals-infested-with-rats-fleas-and-bed-bugs.html

April15
08-07-2008, 06:09 PM
and Dems think by extneding the benefits will make people get up and go to work

SS is a rip off

Do you have any idea how many Federal handouts that we are paying for April?

Yet the messiah says what a rotten place America is

Pl3ease tell me all the handouts.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Pl3ease tell me all the handouts.

From what I have found on the internet there are hundreds of social programs

Do a search

Do you know what the largest budget item is April

Hint - it is NOT defense

manu1959
08-07-2008, 06:22 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

"A spokesman for Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust said: “Most incidents relate to old buildings which have now been demolished at Pembury Hospital. There is no specific problem.”

Never been there

This is how well things are going in the UK medical centers

And Obama wants to do the same for us with government run healthcare

Hospitals infested with rats, fleas and bed bugs
Hygiene standards in NHS hospitals have been called into question after it emerged they are routinely dealing with infestations of vermin.

Outbreaks have included rats in maternity wards, wasps and fleas in neo-natal units, bed bug infestations, flies in operating theatres and maggots found in patients' slippers.

The data, uncovered using Freedom of Information rules, include hospitals with maggots, "over-run" with ants and mice "all over" wards; cockroaches in a urology unit and a store for sterile materials infested with mice.

The figures raise questions over standards of cleanliness and hygiene in hospitals although the healthcare regulator said complaints about pests were 'negligible'.

The Conservatives asked all 171 hospital trusts in England for details of pest control incidents for the last two years.

Of those, 127 Trusts responded and almost all had experienced problems and 100 of them collected detailed information about pest infestations.

In total there were almost 20,000 reports of pest problems and seven out of 10 trusts that responded reported they had called in pest control officers more than 50 times since January 2006 - an average of once a fortnight.

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospital Trust, the trust at the centre of Britain's biggest superbug scandal when more than 300 patient deaths were linked to Clostridium difficile, reported more than 50 pest incidents in two years.

A spokesman for Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust said: “Most incidents relate to old buildings which have now been demolished at Pembury Hospital. There is no specific problem.”

Of the trusts that collected detailed information 80 per cent had problems with ants, 66 per cent had rats, 77 per cent had mice, 59 per cent had problems with cockroaches, 65 per cent had biting insects or fleas, 24 per cent had problems with bed bugs and 6 per cent had maggots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majornews/2505011/Hospitals-infested-with-rats-fleas-and-bed-bugs.html

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

"A spokesman for Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust said: “Most incidents relate to old buildings which have now been demolished at Pembury Hospital. There is no specific problem.”

I am sure that puts alot of confidence in the patients

manu1959
08-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I am sure that puts alot of confidence in the patients

well if the hospitals that were having issues no longer exist and this hospital has no issues i would think so....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:35 PM
well if the hospitals that were having issues no longer exist and this hospital has no issues i would think so....

From the link

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospital Trust, the trust at the centre of Britain's biggest superbug scandal when more than 300 patient deaths were linked to Clostridium difficile, reported more than 50 pest incidents in two years

I am glad we do have to go to these hospitals for our health care

manu1959
08-07-2008, 06:36 PM
From the link

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospital Trust, the trust at the centre of Britain's biggest superbug scandal when more than 300 patient deaths were linked to Clostridium difficile, reported more than 50 pest incidents in two years

I am glad we do have to go to these hospitals for our health care

my posted paragraph was from the link as well....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:37 PM
my posted paragraph was from the link as well....

Maybe I am missing something - I do not think they have solved the issue

Government run health care never works out the way it is intended

manu1959
08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Maybe I am missing something - I do not think they have solved the issue

Government run health care never works out the way it is intended

works great in finland and danmark based on my personal experience....

as for the brits...no clue....the article did seem to indicate they had fixed the issues though...

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:43 PM

as for the brits...no clue....the article did seem to indicate they had fixed the issues though...

I wonder what the tax rates are in FInland and Denmark. I am glad you had a good experience

I am thnakful I do not have to rely on Hillarycare or Obamacare right now

Last year I read an article where hospitals in the UK were so hard up for money, they ordered the staff NOT to wash bed sheets daily. They were told to turn them over and skip a day of sending them to the laundry

manu1959
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I wonder what the tax rates are in FInland and Denmark. I am glad you had a good experience

I am thnakful I do not have to rely on Hillarycare or Obamacare right now

Last year I read an article where hospitals in the UK were so hard up for money, they ordered the staff NOT to wash bed sheets daily. They were told to turn them over and skip a day of sending them to the laundry

about 70%...but pretty much everything is free and the country and population are small compared to the US.....

it could work on a state level like mass....but i don't think the feds should be helath car providers....hell the fed health care we have now is a mess....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
about 70%...but pretty much everything is free and the country and population are small compared to the US.....

it could work on a state level like mass....but i don't think the feds should be helath car providers....hell the fed health care we have now is a mess....

At 70% nothing is free IMHO

Even in Mass if you do not have ins you are fined. No, even at the state level government needs to stay the hell out of health care

manu1959
08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
At 70% nothing is free IMHO

Even in Mass if you do not have ins you are fined. No, even at the state level government needs to stay the hell out of health care

are not the feds and state already in the business by providing health care for their employees....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:54 PM
are not the feds and state already in the business by providing health care for their employees....

Yes, and nearly every week there is a story about waste, fraud, and abuse

I do not want my health care provided by the same people who run Medicare, and Medicade

The things the government does a good job at can be counted on one hand

manu1959
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes, and nearly every week there is a story about waste, fraud, and abuse

I do not want my health care provided by the same people who run Medicare, and Medicade

The things the government does a good job at can be counted on one hand

no what i mean is they bundel up a group of employees and buy healthcare for them then they do a ppo or whatever and go to their doctor.....

red states rule
08-07-2008, 06:59 PM
no what i mean is they bundel up a group of employees and buy healthcare for them then they do a ppo or whatever and go to their doctor.....

But they are not running the health care like Hillary and Obama wants

My employer did the same thing, but all they do is take the money out of my check and send it in

Little-Acorn
08-07-2008, 07:14 PM
"America is, is no longer, uh, what it could be, what it, it once was," Obama said haltingly.

Well, he's right in one way.

An America that could ever consider such a left-wing, marxist demagogue as him, to be Presidential material, is certainly not what it used to be.

(Pointed out by a friend on another board)

red states rule
08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, he's right in one way.

An America that could ever consider such a left-wing, marxist demagogue as him, to be Presidential material, is certainly not what it used to be.

(Pointed out by a friend on another board)

It will be the late 70's all over again. If Obama wins in November, we need to brace for a deep recession, and Republicans need to fins a strong Ronald Reagan conservative to clean up the mess

The Bare Knuckled Pundit
08-07-2008, 08:55 PM

Actually conditions and response time in British ERs are so bad that they recently passed legislation requiring that a patient be seen and receive some form of initial assessment and treatment within three hours of admission.

The result has been hospitals are refusing to admit ambulance transported patients until they can get them worked into the three hour window. Accordingly, you've now got ambulances stacked up like airplanes in a parked holding pattern waiting to transfer their patients.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Actually conditions and response time in British ERs are so bad that they recently passed legislation requiring that a patient be seen and receive some form of initial assessment and treatment within three hours of admission.

The result has been hospitals are refusing to admit ambulance transported patients until they can get them worked into the three hour window. Accordingly, you've now got ambulances stacked up like airplanes in a parked holding pattern waiting to transfer their patients.

I thought it was 4 hours

actsnoblemartin
08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I thought it was 4 hours

me too

April15
08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Last time I went to hospital emergency it took an hour before the paramedics could change me to a hospital gurney. Paramedics just couldn't believe the overcrowding.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Last time I went to hospital emergency it took an hour before the paramedics could change me to a hospital gurney. Paramedics just couldn't believe the overcrowding.

and with Obama care there may not be enough hospital gurneies period

April15
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
and with Obama care there may not be enough hospital gurneies periodWell if paid care has a shortage of beds then free care can have no beds.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Well if paid care has a shortage of beds then free care can have no beds.

There is no such thing as "free" health care

Libs will never understand someone has to pay for it.

hjmick
08-07-2008, 09:37 PM
You know, I don't care what anyone says, the United States is a great country. I hasn't been perfect, it is not perfect, it will never be perfect, but damn it, as a nation we do our best. Whether the government is helmed by a Republican or a Democrat, a Bush or a Clinton, McCain or Obama, I believe that the leadership of this great land does what they think is in the best interest of the country. We may not agree, we may have different ideas about what's best, but I have serious doubts that there has ever been or ever will be leadership in this country that has ill will in their hearts. Sometimes it works out for the better, sometimes it doesn't. Whichever way it goes, we will survive. You don't like the President? Wait four, maybe eight years, there'll be a new one.

There is no more charitable nation on the face of this planet than the U.S. When there is a natural disaster, this country opens it's collective wallet and gives, sometimes until it hurts. The government steps up and sends help. Help in the form manpower, help in the form of foodstuffs, help in the form of monetary aid, help in the form of medical aid. No other country has invested so much in fighting AIDS in Africa. No other nation has nearly as much to fight hunger world wide. We do more to help other countries than any other nation on the planet. Even when relations are strained, we do not hesitate to help a nation in need if asked. We don't always get it right, but we try. We do our best.

There is nothing out of reach for anyone in this country if they have the motivation to work for it. Nothing.

The idea that a person running for the highest office in the land would say that America is "not so great" makes me wonder what country he thinks is "great." What model will make America "great" in his eyes?

No, America is great. Not perfect, but it is great. There is no other place I'd rather be living right now.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 09:40 PM
You know, I don't care what anyone says, the United States is a great country. I hasn't been perfect, it is not perfect, it will never be perfect, but damn it, as a nation we do our best. Whether the government is helmed by a Republican or a Democrat, a Bush or a Clinton, McCain or Obama, I believe that the leadership of this great land does what they think is in the best interest of the country. We may not agree, we may have different ideas about what's best, but I have serious doubts that there has ever been or ever will be leadership in this country that has ill will in their hearts. Sometimes it works out for the better, sometimes it doesn't. Whichever way it goes, we will survive. You don't like the President? Wait four, maybe eight years, there'll be a new one.

There is no more charitable nation on the face of this planet than the U.S. When there is a natural disaster, this country opens it's collective wallet and gives, sometimes until it hurts. The government steps up and sends help. Help in the form manpower, help in the form of foodstuffs, help in the form of monetary aid, help in the form of medical aid. No other country has invested so much in fighting AIDS in Africa. No other nation has nearly as much to fight hunger world wide. We do more to help other countries than any other nation on the planet. Even when relations are strained, we do not hesitate to help a nation in need if asked. We don't always get it right, but we try. We do our best.

There is nothing out of reach for anyone in this country if they have the motivation to work for it. Nothing.

The idea that a person running for the highest office in the land would say that America is "not so great" makes me wonder what country he thinks is "great." What model will make America "great" in his eyes?

No, America is great. Not perfect, but it is great. There is no other place I'd rather be living right now.

Damn, what a great post

You should write speeches for McCain :salute:

hjmick
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Damn, what a great post

You should write speeches for McCain :salute:

Thank you. I couldn't help myself.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM

Do not hold back. Now if we can have candidates with the fire you have......

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2008, 04:45 AM

well good, cuz you helped the rest of us.....

red states rule
08-08-2008, 05:26 AM
well good, cuz you helped the rest of us.....

His post was the best I have seen in awhile

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 06:27 AM

Perfectly said! IOU! Now if everyone would read and understand that 'We' are the people that control that government perhaps we''d be a bit more diligent of our obligations and respectful of our fellow countrymen, yeah, even those we disagree with. :laugh2:

darin
08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Congrats to April15 for the diversion! :)

April15
08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Congrats to April15 for the diversion! :)I try!

The Bare Knuckled Pundit
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I thought it was 4 hours

I apologize for the error and duely stand corrected.

And I would also like to congratulate my fellow over 40 victim of fate and clearly eloquent patriot, HJMICK, on a job well done and an outstanding post.

Bloody good show, sir! The first round of boat drinks are on me!

red states rule
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
I apologize for the error and duely stand corrected.

Do not worry about it

We are all human and we all make small errors

It does not take away from your post

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I try!

and too often succeed.