PDA

View Full Version : Federal Officers to Obama: We’re No Terrorists

red states rule
08-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Obama knows how to win friends and influence people in law enforcement. First John Kerry called the troops in Iraq terrorists, now Obama does the same with ICE officers

Federal Officers to Obama: We’re No Terrorists

Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:09 PM

By: Jim Meyers

The president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association has sent a blistering letter to Barack Obama castigating him for a remark he made that the organization says equates its members with “terrorists.”

Speaking at the National Council of La Raza convention in San Diego on July 13, Obama told the largely Hispanic audience that the nation’s immigration system "isn't working." According to Obama, the problem with the system is that "communities are terrorized by ICE [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] immigration raids" and "nursing mothers are torn from their babies."

The letter from the Association’s National President Art Gordon states: “On behalf of the 26,000 members of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (FLEOA), I take great exception to your disparaging remark, ‘…communities are terrorized by ICE immigration raids.’

“While the dedicated men and women of ICE endeavor to carry out their dangerous and noble missions, you somehow felt compelled to characterize their efforts as something akin to terrorizing…

“It’s one thing to remark intelligently on the need for immigration reform, but it’s quite another to berate ICE law enforcement officers who are risking their lives to enforce the laws passed by Congress.”

Charging that Obama and his fellow members of Congress have not passed any “meaningful legislations” on immigration reform, Gordon goes on to say: “Your bi-partisan fumble should not translate into labeling our members as terrorists by implication…

“ICE employs patriotic men and women who are outstanding law enforcement officers, not rampaging home-wreckers.”

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/federal_officers_obama/2008/08/07/120002.html

Gaffer
08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I hadn't heard about this one. Once again he puts his foot in his mouth and the media fails to cover it. I wouldn't vote for him for the simple reason the media supports him.

That union needs to come out and publicly throw their support behind McCain.

red states rule
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I hadn't heard about this one. Once again he puts his foot in his mouth and the media fails to cover it. I wouldn't vote for him for the simple reason the media supports him.

It is sick to see the liberal media waving the pom poms for Obama, and its noncoverage of stories that show the real Obama

Now if McCain would have said this it would be the lead story on the networks and a front page story in the papers

Little-Acorn
08-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Now if McCain would have said this it would be the lead story on the networks and a front page story in the papers

If they did so, it would be largely out of surprise. Because it would be one of the rare times they agreed with something a Republican said.

actsnoblemartin
08-07-2008, 08:09 PM
the obama news network, also known as the america did its job :laugh2:

red states rule
08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
If they did so, it would be largely out of surprise. Because it would be one of the rare times they agreed with something a Republican said.

But they would slant it so it reflected bad on McCain. The liberal media acts like they are pissed over high gas prices - but they love it as much as San fran Nan

actsnoblemartin
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
But they would slant it so it reflected bad on McCain. The liberal media acts like they are pissed over high gas prices - but they love it as much as San fran Nan

why would they love it?

:laugh2:

red states rule
08-07-2008, 08:15 PM
why would they love it?

:laugh2:

They think it helps the Dems. Why do you think the liberal media is ignoring the Republicans who are demanding the Dems have a simple up and down vote?