PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Air Travel At Christmas?

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Prices will be going up:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/aug/07/theairlineindustry.economics?gusrc=rss&feed=business

Flights: Airlines start cutbacks with 60m fewer Christmas seats

* Dan Milmo
* The Guardian,
* Thursday August 7 2008

The global airline industry will fly 60m fewer seats in the run-up to Christmas - equivalent to a 7% cut in flights - as high oil prices and the economic downturn force carriers to cut services.

Experts predict even deeper cuts in 2009 as part of a prolonged retrenchment of an industry that has expanded rapidly in recent years. Airlines will offer 59.7m fewer seats between October and December compared with the same period last year, according to flight information company OAG. Britain's biggest carriers have already confirmed significant capacity cuts, with Ryanair, easyJet and British Airways all reducing services...

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Prices will be going up:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/aug/07/theairlineindustry.economics?gusrc=rss&feed=business

I do not travel over major holidays. The crowds and prices are to much for me

I am thinking about a cruise next March however

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:15 AM

I don't either, luckily for me, most of the family is here. My niece and her husband will come in from NY, but they can afford it.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't either, luckily for me, most of the family is here. My niece and her husband will come in from NY, but they can afford it.

My family in close by as well

I am looking at the Royal Caribbean web page now, and the cruises look great for March 09

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:22 AM
My family in close by as well

I am looking at the Royal Caribbean web page now, and the cruises look great for March 09

Cruises always look great! Heck, getting in my car and just getting on an interstate and driving sounds great! :laugh2:

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Cruises always look great! Heck, getting in my car and just getting on an interstate and driving sounds great! :laugh2:

Check out the cruises Kathy. The prices are great for everything you get, For about a $100/day you get a room, all the food you can eat, and all the sun you can soak up

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Check out the cruises Kathy. The prices are great for everything you get, For about a $100/day you get a room, all the food you can eat, and all the sun you can soak up

Someday perhaps. Right now I'm just saving for school going back and filling up the car twice a week. Sigh.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Someday perhaps. Right now I'm just saving for school going back and filling up the car twice a week. Sigh.

Why should you drive Kathianne? Let someone else do it while you get some sun

http://www.cruiseshipforum.com/images/cruise-ship.jpg

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Why should you drive Kathianne? Let someone else do it while you get some sun

http://www.cruiseshipforum.com/images/cruise-ship.jpg

Well, I have to work to pay for the gas. LOL!

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Well, I have to work to pay for the gas. LOL!

Kathianne, you could be sitting by the pool thinking "I wonder what the poor people are doing right now" :laugh2:

http://www.cruiseandvacationpackages.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/royal-caribbean-pool.jpg

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Kathianne, you could be sitting by the pool thinking "I wonder what the poor people are doing right now" :laugh2:

http://www.cruiseandvacationpackages.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/royal-caribbean-pool.jpg

LOL! I know what the poor people will be doing, filling up their tanks and going to work.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:50 AM
LOL! I know what the poor people will be doing, filling up their tanks and going to work.

But they are in the thougths of Reid and Pelosi who are doing their best to keep the price as high as possible

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:52 AM
But they are in the thougths of Reid and Pelosi who are doing their best to keep the price as high as possible

Not all, RSR, not all.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Not all, RSR, not all.

Oh they are in their thoughts Kathianne. "Boy we are screwing these poor slobs over and passing the busk to Bush to the oil companies. There is one born every minute and they will vote for more Democrats this November"

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh they are in their thoughts Kathianne. "Boy we are screwing these poor slobs over and passing the busk to Bush to the oil companies. There is one born every minute and they will vote for more Democrats this November"

Not true for all. I've been in the 'poor' category, as have many conservatives here.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Not true for all. I've been in the 'poor' category, as have many conservatives here.

You may consider yourself poor money wise Kathianne

But I know for a fact you are rich when it comes to family, friends, and the kindness and compassion you have in your heart and soul

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 08:08 AM
You may consider yourself poor money wise Kathianne

But I know for a fact you are rich when it comes to family, friends, and the kindness and compassion you have in your heart and soul

And that's true of many; rich, poor and in between; regardless of party.

I can't go down that road, we all draw on our experiences.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:12 AM
And that's true of many; rich, poor and in between; regardless of party.

I can't go down that road, we all draw on our experiences.

I was not trying to single out political party Kathianne. Some liberals are good friends of mine, and like you are rich in other ways then money

Others are dirt poor, if not bankrupt, in the compassion dept

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I was not trying to single out political party Kathianne. Some liberals are good friends of mine, and like you are rich in other ways then money

Others are dirt poor, if not bankrupt, in the compassion dept

I think we are talking past each other. My point was that the Democrats are not necessarily the party of the 'poor', quite the contrary. Problem for the Republicans, they fail to address the aspirations of many of the poor, fail to lead.

This go round, it won't matter what either party does regarding the 'poor' blacks, because like 90% of blacks, they are going to vote Obama. I don't think this is much racist as celebrating a breakthrough. I can understand that. What bothers me on this issue is the attempt to posit that others that disagree with his stand on issues or rather his lack of stands are somehow racist.

In any case, it behooves all of us to not try to lump groups into believing in one thing or another. We really are a nation of individuals.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
I think we are talking past each other. My point was that the Democrats are not necessarily the party of the 'poor', quite the contrary. Problem for the Republicans, they fail to address the aspirations of many of the poor, fail to lead.

This go round, it won't matter what either party does regarding the 'poor' blacks, because like 90% of blacks, they are going to vote Obama. I don't think this is much racist as celebrating a breakthrough. I can understand that. What bothers me on this issue is the attempt to posit that others that disagree with his stand on issues or rather his lack of stands are somehow racist.

In any case, it behooves all of us to not try to lump groups into believing in one thing or another. We really are a nation of individuals.

Yep, we agree on this Kathianne

It is happening as Obama drops in the polls. I have seen recent stories about the racist south, and can Obama overcome his skin color

It is sick. If he loses the liberal media will trash the country even more

KitchenKitten99
08-08-2008, 09:20 AM

In risk of hijacking the thread, may I recommend a destination? Carnival's Elation does a 5-day tour from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas then up to Ensenada and back to San Diego. I did this cruise this past March. March is also prime time for the humpback whale migration and you can take whale-watching tours. I opted to go horseback riding on the beach, but I know that my next cruise will be there and I will go on the tour. Some of the other cruise passengers got some gorgeous shots of a few humpbacks breeching only about 10-15 feet from their boats.

Plus the bay's water is a beautiful shade turquoise. PM me if you would like photos.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
In risk of hijacking the thread, may I recommend a destination? Carnival's Elation does a 5-day tour from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas then up to Ensenada and back to San Diego. I did this cruise this past March. March is also prime time for the humpback whale migration and you can take whale-watching tours. I opted to go horseback riding on the beach, but I know that my next cruise will be there and I will go on the tour. Some of the other cruise passengers got some gorgeous shots of a few humpbacks breeching only about 10-15 feet from their boats.

Plus the bay's water is a beautiful shade turquoise. PM me if you would like photos.

We are looking at a 12 night western Caribbean cruise

Thanks for the tip but we only go Royal Caribbean