PDA

View Full Version : Pres Bush Isn't The Bad Guy

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:10 AM
The left has an uncontrolled intense hate for Pres Bush. Conservatives has a huge disappointment in him.

No matter what, Pres Bush has done what he believed what is best and has not relied on polls to make his decisions

EDITORIAL: Bush isn't the bad guy

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The popularity of a president is notoriously fickle. Put your stock in polling and you can get a good sense of how the general public feels about the nation's 43rd president right now. But is he really the boogeyman he has been portrayed to be? The arbiter of all things evil and wrong with our country? Is there nothing good to his credit? History will be the ultimate judge, but we would argue that despite the "all-time low" ranking, it is not reflective of what this "unpopular" president has really accomplished during his eight-year presidency. Furthermore, politicians on the right and left who continue to capitalize on the president's mistakes for political fodder could do so to their detriment.

For a little perspective, consider that Mr. Bush had very high poll ratings (80 percent to 90 percent) throughout his first term. This is a president who inherited a recession, was rocked by corporate scandal, led in the midst of the worst terrorist attack on our nation and went to war. He also grew the economy, reduced unemployment to still record-levels, increased literacy rates, grew minority homeownership and small businesses, kept terrorists at bay, toppled a sadistic regime and reformed Medicare.

In 2004, Mr. Bush was re-elected with a 50.7 percent vote margin, including the support of 95 percent to 98 percent of the Republican electorate. He was determined to "spend his political capital."

Love him or hate him, he's been decisive and principled.

Today, the Democrats (including Barack Obama) bandy the word "Bush" as the worst insult one can receive (particularly when insisting a McCain presidency would be "a third Bush term.") It is almost understandable that Democrats would seize on the opportunity, but their visceral disdain couldn't be more smug, condescending and out of the realm of decency: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called President Bush "incompetent" and a "liar"; and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently called the president "a total failure."It seems there is absolutely no shame and no limit to cutting down a sitting president

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/07/bush-isnt-the-bad-guy/

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Truth is we can only control ourselves. I think what some on the left have been saying about Bush since 2000 is way over the top. At first I was amazed, figured the election and the Clinton problems had made some of them snap, then realized they really were consumed.

Well the thing about 'hatred,' it is consuming, which is why there seems to be an absence of fresh ideas from them. The party of 'change' is all about 'change' without specifics, other than putting the current administration on trial during the first 100 days of the presumptive win by Obama. That's not 'change' and it's not leading, it's 'revenge.'

I think pmp started a thread about hate, could be someone else. I know last night, hjmick wrote a great post about the US, leadership, and pride. Makes more sense.

fj1200
08-08-2008, 07:25 AM
The left hates an unbending conservative, president or otherwise. Part of their problem is he bent on medicare, campaign finance, NCLB...
:poke:

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Truth is we can only control ourselves. I think what some on the left have been saying about Bush since 2000 is way over the top. At first I was amazed, figured the election and the Clinton problems had made some of them snap, then realized they really were consumed.

Well the thing about 'hatred,' it is consuming, which is why there seems to be an absence of fresh ideas from them. The party of 'change' is all about 'change' without specifics, other than putting the current administration on trial during the first 100 days of the presumptive win by Obama. That's not 'change' and it's not leading, it's 'revenge.'

I think pmp started a thread about hate, could be someone else. I know last night, hjmick wrote a great post about the US, leadership, and pride. Makes more sense.

I have never seen such a level of hate. Books and movies have been made about the murder of Pres Bush

Elected Dems have said how they would like to shoot him between the eyes

Liberal talk show hosts have said how they would like to see him beheaded by terrorists

Why? All because Pres Bush won 2 national elections and kept Dems out of the WHite House

Yes, Hjmick made a great post last night. I wish I could rep him twice for it

April15
08-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I have never seen such a level of hate. Books and movies have been made about the murder of Pres Bush

Elected Dems have said how they would like to shoot him between the eyes

Liberal talk show hosts have said how they would like to see him beheaded by terrorists

Why? All because Pres Bush won 2 national elections and kept Dems out of the WHite House

Yes, Hjmick made a great post last night. I wish I could rep him twice for it

You really miss the concept of why Bush is despised. That he was inaugurated twice shows the level of ignorance in this nation, nothing more.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
You really miss the concept of why Bush is despised. That he was inaugurated twice shows the level of ignorance in this nation, nothing more.

He was inaugurated twice, because he won twice. You may not like the results, but there they are.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 12:23 PM

Is this the way Dems win voters over?

Vote for us or you are stupid!

April you have the arrogance part of being a liberal down perfectly

retiredman
08-08-2008, 12:28 PM
He was inaugurated twice, because he won twice. You may not like the results, but there they are.

I acknowledge that. I am also entitled to think that the razor thin majority of registered voters who voted for Bush made a big mistake. And oddly enough, I think that his record low approval ratings would indicate that, by now, a good portion of those folks have come to their senses. I don't think that there are mnay people who believe we would have invaded Iraq if Gore had been president.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 12:32 PM
I acknowledge that. I am also entitled to think that the razor thin majority of registered voters who voted for Bush made a big mistake. And oddly enough, I think that his record low approval ratings would indicate that, by now, a good portion of those folks have come to their senses. I don't think that there are mnay people who believe we would have invaded Iraq if Gore had been president.

Yea, NOW they have come to their senses

Obama drops 11 points since smearing America in Germany

If Gore was presient on 9-11 he would STILL be looking for the controlling legal authority to repsond

Not everyone puts their party ahead of their country MFM

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 12:35 PM

There's always the next November. I guess it depends on the message and how voters perceive the message. How do you think your MAN will do?

retiredman
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM
There's always the next November. I guess it depends on the message and how voters perceive the message. How do you think your MAN will do?

I am hopeful for a democratic sweep in november.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM

I'm hopeful for McCain, and fewer than expected Dems in Congress. My guess, we'll split.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM

and if not, the election was stolen, racist America was not ready for a black President, Dems did not get their message out, and/or the idiot voters did not understand what was best for them

Anything except the truth that the voters rejected liberalism

-Cp
08-08-2008, 01:05 PM
and if not, the election was stolen, racist America was not ready for a black President,

Is there a "black" candidate in the running?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Valid point

http://images.cafepress.com/product/282831819v2_350x350_Front.jpg

April15
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Vote for us or you are stupid!

It is the truth! Deal with it.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 02:46 PM
It is the truth! Deal with it.

two presidential elections in a row.....lost to the stupid people.....makes ya wonder...

red states rule
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
two presidential elections in a row.....lost to the stupid people.....makes ya wonder...

and so far this year, Pres Bsuh ahs made the Dems back down on their surrender date in Iraq, war funding, and various spending bills

Not bad for a so called lame duck

-Cp
08-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Does anyone else find it odd that while the author tries to help paint a better picture for our President, he sort of disses him by continually referring to him as "Mr. Bush" - "President Bush" is how he's supposed to be referred to..

April15
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
two presidential elections in a row.....lost to the stupid people.....makes ya wonder...Actually only one.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Actually only one.

Trying to rewrite history again April? :laugh2:

April15
08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Trying to rewrite history again April? :laugh2:Don't need to. The count was stopped before an accurate count was made. Kathryn Harris certified a false vote tally.
Dems is facts.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Don't need to. The count was stopped before an accurate count was made. Kathryn Harris certified a false vote tally.
Dems is facts.

Once again April you are sprewing mpre liberal crap

Newspapers' recount shows Bush prevailed

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes — more than triple his official 537-vote margin — if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm

April15
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Once again April you are sprewing mpre liberal crap

Newspapers' recount shows Bush prevailed

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes — more than triple his official 537-vote margin — if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm
But the count was stopped by the court.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:17 PM
But the count was stopped by the court.

April, the liberal media spent a ton of money and counted the ballots

Get over it son, Pres Bush won Florida - Gore lost

April15
08-08-2008, 06:19 PM
April, the liberal media spent a ton of money and counted the ballots

Get over it son, Pres Bush won Florida - Gore lostI don't think you understand that a court stopped the count. That invalidates the certifying of those votes.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't think you understand that a court stopped the count. That invalidates the certifying of those votes.

April, the ballots were counted by the liberal media. Get over it son - let go - find peace

Yes, Pres Bush won FL

Now take a deep breath and relax

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 06:22 PM
No, of course he isn't.

http://i35.tinypic.com/33vc66g.jpg

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:23 PM
No, of course he isn't.

http://i35.tinypic.com/33vc66g.jpg

The postor girl for liberal hate drops by

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
It's not hate when it's reality.

http://i34.tinypic.com/259v70x.jpg

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
The real hate comes from the left Gabby

You live it and show it

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2699288855_fa1d32945e.jpg?v=0

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
What hate? It is simply reality.
Obama isn't perfect, but he is better than the alternative. I prefer him over McTraitor.

http://i37.tinypic.com/294toh5.jpg

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk255/doggiestudios/obama1.jpg

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Actually only one.

Actually two. Get over it.

April15
08-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Actually two. Get over it.one GET OVER IT!

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 08:17 PM
one GET OVER IT!

Nope two. One by the constitution and Scotus; second by popular vote. YOU get over it.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Nope two. One by the constitution and Scotus; second by popular vote. YOU get over it.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/s/B/goremastercard.jpg

retiredman
08-08-2008, 08:55 PM

so you admit that more americans wanted Al Gore to be president that Dubya?

can you imagine what a better world we would live in if the will of the majority had held the day?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:59 PM

can you imagine what a better world we would live in if the will of the majority had held the day?

To bad Dems do not know how US Presidents are elected. Al Gore's home state did not want him as President

The world would be a nightmare of unchecked liberalism

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 10:37 PM
The world will be a nightmare of unchecked liberalism

Early January, 2009. Mark it on your calendar. :D

red states rule
08-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Early January, 2009. Mark it on your calendar. :D

Like your messiah Gabby, your presumptuous attitude is truning off many voters

Or is your arrogance?

Kathianne
08-09-2008, 09:00 AM

And you admit that the election was legal. Both USA Today and PBS found after counting 'all the votes', which took longer than the inauguration, that indeed Bush had won. IF they had counted only the areas Gore wanted, Gore would have won.

gabosaurus
08-09-2008, 10:35 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2qcjnl0.jpg

Binky
08-10-2008, 12:29 PM

Well, he has touted his blackness for all it's worth. Now I'm curious as to when he thinks he should begin talking up his "white" side. It's become apparent that he doesn't like that part of him as he only speaks of his blackness.

So he's a mulatto and not black through and through.....a half breed...

It seems the presidential race has become all about "race", so there you have it. Pretty isn't it?

Binky
08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
The real hate comes from the left Gabby

You live it and show it

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2699288855_fa1d32945e.jpg?v=0

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it? No matter how frustrated I get with our politicians because it seems most are trying to destroy America, I am still proud of my country and love it. I still salute the flag! And I find it an insult that a prospective candidate doesn't. What an arrogant, self serving chump! And the creepy people that lurk in his life are adding up all the time.

Binky
08-10-2008, 12:43 PM
What hate? It is simply reality.
Obama isn't perfect, but he is better than the alternative. I prefer him over McTraitor.

http://i37.tinypic.com/294toh5.jpg

And if he's elected we'll be stuck with all the creepy people that have been lurking in his background that he's been in bed with. And no doubt more will accumulate.

Think he'll salute the flag if he's elected? Prob'ly on occasion just to appease the mere citizens. Since he believes he is going to be president of the world, I doubt he'll spend much time doing what we want him to as he'll be too busy trying to impress the world. What a putz! He's not even president yet and already his ego has been inflated to the size of the Good Year Blimp!

And McCain has health problems and doesn't know diddly squat about foreign policy.....wonderful! And on top of that the man is a traitor to his country and the people. I've read some articles that had comments of other soldiers he was imprisoned with, and they all said he was NOT tortured for info, but that he freely gave up the info to our enemies. That alone should speak volumns.

What a couple of hem hawing, flip flopping buttheads the demopugs have put up for us to vote for. Great.......!

Looking for an alternative? Check out Stephen Ball of the Constitutional party. He looks like a great candidate. I do not that with the way the system is set up now, a third party candidate won't win, but he or she could sure shake up the process if enough sheeple voted for him or her. Anyway, check him out.