PDA

View Full Version : A Drilling Plan Full of Holes

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 07:50 AM
McBush is so intent on pimping himself to wingnuts he can't see where the Crazy Train is taking him.

Touring America’s oil rigs and nuclear plants, John McCain sometimes sounds as if he will produce enough wind to power the nation all by himself. So strongly does his current rhetoric smell of methane, the gas emanating from manure, that he might even qualify for a renewable energy tax incentive.

The former straight talker, who could not help telling the truth, has found the voice of the demagogue within him. As Senator McCain seeks to exploit public anger over the price of gasoline, first with his dubious “gas tax holiday” and now with his campaign for offshore oil drilling, the thoughtful legislator who defied his own party on issues such as global warming and Alaskan oil leasing has been replaced by that much more familiar Congressional figure—a rented mouthpiece for the energy industry.

A Drilling Plan Full of Holes (http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/drilling-plan-full-holes)

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:51 AM
And which presidential candidate started a website on his opponent being in the pocket of Exxon? Which presidential candidate received the most money from Exxon employees?

theHawk
08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Why don't we just stop all domestic oil drilling right now. We don't need it. It won't effect gas prices. If we all hold each others hands and wish for it really hard, a magical clean and renewable energy source to replace oil and gasoline will appear right before our eyes. And then the world will be at peace, no more wars for oil.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 08:06 AM
And which presidential candidate started a website on his opponent being in the pocket of Exxon? Which presidential candidate received the most money from Exxon employees?

What has that to do with Crazy Train's McBush's nutty drilling plan?

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 08:07 AM

Bush was not the one with a 'drilling plan.' That would be both presidential candidates now.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:08 AM
McBush is so intent on pimping himself to wingnuts he can't see where the Crazy Train is taking him.

What's the matter Joe? Afraid drilling will increase our supply of oil, lower prices, and reduce oil imports?

Like the Iraq war and the surge - you guys are stepping in it once again

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Why don't we just stop all domestic oil drilling right now. We don't need it. It won't effect gas prices. If we all hold each others hands and wish for it really hard, a magical clean and renewable energy source to replace oil and gasoline will appear right before our eyes. And then the world will be at peace, no more wars for oil.

Read my lips.

No new drilling.

theHawk
08-08-2008, 08:12 AM
What's the matter Joe? Afraid drilling will increase our supply of oil, lower prices, and reduce oil imports?

Like the Iraq war and the surge - you guys are stepping in it once again

Never ceases to amaze me how liberals are on the wrong side of an issue. Its like they know what the common sense solution is to any given problem, but they want to oppose common sense conservatives just for the sake of opposing them...

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Never ceases to amaze me how liberals are on the wrong side of an issue. Its like they know what the common sense solution is to any given problem, but they want to oppose common sense conservatives just for the sake of opposing them...

There is a simple answer Hawk. Libs like Joe WANT the issue and NOT the solution

Reid and Pelosi are screwing the public over drilling. They know damn well increasing our domestic supply of oil wil lower prices - but they want high gas prices going into November

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Read my lips.

No new drilling.

Wow, that convinced the country. :rolleyes:

theHawk
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Read my lips.

No new drilling.

Your lips, along with the rest of your head, are so far up your own ass I'd say you've already broke your promise.

retiredman
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Wow, that convinced the country. :rolleyes:
Wasn't it Dubya's Daddy that signed the executive order banning offshore drilling because it was dangerous to our environment?

Is it all of a sudden no longer dangerous?

theHawk
08-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Wasn't it Dubya's Daddy that signed the executive order banning offshore drilling because it was dangerous to our environment?

It never was dangerous. He caved in to the enviro-wackos.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:23 AM

It was never dangerous. Facts show oil spills from drilling is about 2% of all the oil that is in the ocean. Most come come seepage from the sea bed

Not that facts ever matter to you - only approved talking points from the DNC and your messiah's web site

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 08:26 AM

And Obama seems to agree as now he's willing to 'compromise', something you've repeatedly applauded.

retiredman
08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
It never was dangerous. He caved in to the enviro-wackos.
So George Herbert Walker Bush never believed that offshore drilling posed a risk to our shoreline environment?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:29 AM
So George Herbert Walker Bush never believed that offshore drilling posed a risk to our shoreline environment?

So now you are a mind reader?

Gas was cheap back then - now it is over $4/gal

Maybe YOU want high gas prices for the election, the rest of us want the logical solution and start drilling for our own oil

Sitarro
08-08-2008, 08:41 AM

Admit it ace, the Democrits aren't in favor of any ideas the Republicans come up with for a number of reasons. If allowed to run it in a truly conservative way, our country would once again prosper. We would quit being the dumping ground for the worst of every other nation(illegal immigration). We would be energy independent by allowing the experts in their fields do their job without answering to a bunch of fools in Congress. We would have tax cuts to help business that would in turn help workers(good workers are a premium to a company that is busy making money), at the same time we would take the shackles off business to allow them to flourish, would bring back the tax write offs for individuals that actually contribute to society, would allow the free flow of ideas that produce innovative products.

We would teach a respect for our country rather than the denigration of it. We would have standards for the people that teach, college professors would have to be active in their field to get tenure, not just show up for 10 years. We would actively pursue and recruit the best minds from around the world to become Americans.

With these things implemented there would be only one reason for a Democrat, if you were among the many perverse low life groups that Dims listen to. You would still get the NAMBLA vote, American Communist votes, Gay and Lesbian vote, the "useless to society" vote, the felon vote, envirowacko vote, mentally challenged, ACLU........etc.

The Dims don't want the Republicans to implement anything that will work because they don't want our country to be successful unless it is with their ideas but unfortunately, you guys have no ideas that would work.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:43 AM
And Obama seems to agree as now he's willing to 'compromise', something you've repeatedly applauded.

We would support it if it did nothing to solve the issue and at the same time increase power for Dems

This would actually increase supply, lower prices, and prove Dems were wrong on this issue the entire time

That is why MFM is opposed to any "compromise"

retiredman
08-08-2008, 08:53 AM

I applaud a leader who can compromise.

I don't always have to agree on the things that they compromise upon.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:56 AM

Compromise to you is when Republicans agree with, give Dems everything they want, and agree with the liberals agenda

08-08-2008, 09:56 AM

And why should we compromise with bad policy?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
And why should we compromise with bad policy?

because the messiah is now for it?

darin
08-08-2008, 11:13 AM
The fewer REAL solutions out there for ANY problem, the MORE people depend on the government. The more people depend upon the government the more 'power' liberals have.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
The fewer REAL solutions out there for ANY problem, the MORE people depend on the government. The more people depend upon the government the more 'power' liberals have.

DMP, it is common knowledge libs live to shackle people into a never ending cycle of dependency

To put people back to work, libs want to extend unemployment benefits

To fix the housing "crisis" libs want to bail h/o's out

To help the poor, libs want to raise my taxes, and give the money to the "poor"

None of these examples of liberal compassion will do nothing to solve the issue - but it will make libe feel good about their intentions

It will transfer wealth

It will make people dependent on the government and provide zero incentive for them to to change their behaviour and improve their lives

Whcih is what libs wanted the entire time

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 03:15 PM

It won't.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 03:18 PM

If you had to choose between energy plans, would you choose the plan that cost virtually nothing and lowered your gasoline cost by up to $.12 per gallon immediately? Or would you choose the plan that cost billions and reduced your gasoline cost $.06 per gallon in 20 years?

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
If you had to choose between energy plans, would you choose the plan that cost virtually nothing and lowered your gasoline cost by up to $.12 per gallon immediately? Or would you choose the plan that cost billions and reduced your gasoline cost $.06 per gallon in 20 years?

Lords, dude....I would choose both and save 18 cents.....plus a half dozen other solutions to save even more.....

red states rule
08-08-2008, 03:24 PM
It won't.

Basic economics says you are wrong. But that is nothing new for you

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Basic economics says you are wrong. But that is nothing new for you

In fact, basic economics says exactly the opposite. Insignificant amounts of supply entering the market will have virtually no effect on price.

You're wrong again.

Nothing new for you.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Lords, dude....I would choose both and save 18 cents.....plus a half dozen other solutions to save even more.....

You can't elect two presidents.

One or the other.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
In fact, basic economics says exactly the opposite. Insignificant amounts of supply entering the market will have virtually no effect on price.

You're wrong again.

Nothing new for you.

Over 100 billion bbls of oil is insignificant?

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Over 100 billion bbls of oil is insignificant?

For your convenience:

"Insignificant amounts of supply entering the market will have virtually no effect on price.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:41 PM
For your convenience:

"Insignificant amounts of supply entering the market will have virtually no effect on price.

So you say leave the 100 billion bbls we have sitting in the ground, in the ground?

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
So you say leave the 100 billion bbls we have sitting in the ground, in the ground?

I say there's easy, cheaper, more effective, less risky ways to improve our energy supply.

Pump it up.

No new drilling.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:47 PM
I say there's easy, cheaper, more effective, less risky ways to improve our energy supply.

Pump it up.

No new drilling.

Leaving 100 billion blls in the ground will only increase the price of gas.

To bad for you, and good for us - you are going to lose this one

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
You can't elect two presidents.

One or the other.

don't need to elect two presidents......only one is rejecting one of the two options......

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Leaving 100 billion blls in the ground will only increase the price of gas.

Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. It depends. The economy is a dynamic system. It reflects the day-to-day reactions of billions to real world events. Leaving the oil in the ground means we'll find some other way to get the energy we need.

Pump it up.

No new drilling.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
don't need to elect two presidents......only one is rejecting one of the two options......

Exactly...but one is left and one is wrong.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. It depends. The economy is a dynamic system. It reflects the day-to-day reactions of billions to real world events. Leaving the oil in the ground means we'll find some other way to get the energy we need.

Pump it up.

No new drilling.

You must enjoy being wrong. You manage to do it on so many issues

DragonStryk72
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM

Um, okay, from an environmental standpoint, we need to drill for our own oil, and let me tell you why: Do you really bullshit 3rd world countries with little to no real stability are going to drill more environmentally conscious than we would do?

In order to obtain energy independence, we will need to drill for oil until such time as our renewables are in better shape, because even switching to nuke, solar, and wind power, our cars are still problematic and will require oil for some time to come, at least until we make a more affordable electric model, which, yes, it is in the works, but 10-15 years off before we get it into general production, where it will matter.

And I know you will either ignore this point, or pass it off as nothing, because, well, you usually tend to have your head up your butt like that, but the fact is that just the hint that we might begin drilling our own oil again dropped the price of oil $30 a barrel, and that's on the just the vague idea we might do it. What do you suppose would happen to the price if we began moving purposefully toward energy independence, then what might be the occurence on the price?

Now, should we drill in ANWR? No, but we've proven our offshore drilling can withstand an cat 5 hurricane and have no extra seepage or leakage, so that would be something I'd be willing to look at seriously.

No plan is going to please everyone, okay, there are hard choices to be made, but both sides seem to be obsessed with only getting their way. We can do some minor drilling, and switch out what gas plants we do have over to cleaner nuclear plants while throwing money into research for more efficient solar, wind, and geothermal power, we are not limited to merely one option or the other.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 09:10 PM
And I know you will either ignore this point, or pass it off as nothing, because, well, you usually tend to have your head up your butt like that, but the fact is that just the hint that we might begin drilling our own oil again dropped the price of oil $30 a barrel, and that's on the just the vague idea we might do it.

Utter nonsense.

The price of oil didn't drop because we might spend billions drilling offshore to get a little bit of oil in 20 years. It dropped because speculators saw the groundswell of support for alternate energy and the possibility we wouldn't need any oil, or dramatically less, in just a few years.

I guess the light's pretty dim where you have your head and you couldn't see that.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 09:11 PM
You must enjoy being wrong. You manage to do it on so many issues

I wouldn't know. It's never happened.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't know. It's never happened.

you mean .... you are so myopic you can't see how wrong you are.....

manu1959
08-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Utter nonsense.

The price of oil didn't drop because we might spend billions drilling offshore to get a little bit of oil in 20 years. It dropped because speculators saw the groundswell of support for alternate energy and the possibility we wouldn't need any oil, or dramatically less, in just a few years.

I guess the light's pretty dim where you have your head and you couldn't see that.

ya that is what it was.....they stopped short term speculation because of what might happen years from now......

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
ya that is what it was.....they stopped short term speculation because of what might happen years from now......

Tire inflation is tomorrow.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 09:21 PM

and use our air?

I thought you would fill your tires with greenhouse gases

DragonStryk72
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Utter nonsense.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to prove my point about you correct.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to prove my point about you correct.

You didn't need any help. You're quite capable of proving your ignorance.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM

my car tells me when to add air no need to check em.....

manu1959
08-08-2008, 09:52 PM
You didn't need any help. You're quite capable of proving your ignorance.

this from the dp village idiot.....

Sitarro
08-08-2008, 11:06 PM

What about the tires on airplanes, should we add air to them? :laugh2:

What that imbecile that you support has done is risk all of our lives. The dimwits that drool over every idiot remark that clown makes will be over inflating their tires, there will surely be accidents from blow outs. I imagined you went out and added air to your tires, didn't you Joey?:laugh2:

red states rule
08-09-2008, 05:41 AM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-08/41493539.jpg

Joe Steel
08-09-2008, 06:18 AM
http://www.democrats.org/page/-/exxon-mccain/exxon-mccain.PNG

red states rule
08-09-2008, 06:19 AM

Your boy has taken alot of cash from Exxon as well

But since he has a "D" at the end of his name you give him a pass

PostmodernProphet
08-09-2008, 06:20 AM

you mean that company that gave more money to Obama than McCain?.....

red states rule
08-09-2008, 06:22 AM

and paid over $30 billion in taxes in the second quarter?

Joe Steel
08-09-2008, 06:39 AM
and paid over $30 billion in taxes in the second quarter?

No. I mean the company which seems to own McCain.

red states rule
08-09-2008, 06:42 AM
No. I mean the company which seems to own McCain.

They have given more money to your messiah. Using your "standards" your boy now owns them

Go back and get updated talking points Joey

JohnDoe
08-09-2008, 07:38 AM

from my understanding, it was the PEON daily workers that gave more to Obama, who MAKE NO CORPORATE decisions or policies...

while the corporate heads, who do make the policy and decisions are the ones that donated to the mccain camp....

is this true?

jd

red states rule
08-09-2008, 07:41 AM
from my understanding, it was the PEON daily workers that gave more to Obama, who MAKE NO CORPORATE decisions or policies...

while the corporate heads, who do make the policy and decisions are the ones that donated to the mccain camp....

is this true?

jd

The employees of Exxon gave the money. Sort of like how a business pays protection money to the mob to leave them alone

Dems for some reason have made the oil companies the bad guy and have painted a bullseye on them

Joe Steel
08-09-2008, 09:33 AM

is this true?

jd

Precisely.

Ordinary workers aren't the problem. Decision-makers are. They're making huge contributions to protect their huge incomes and they want something in return. McCain will give it to them.

JohnDoe
08-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Precisely.

Ordinary workers aren't the problem. Decision-makers are. They're making huge contributions to protect their huge incomes and they want something in return. McCain will give it to them.obama COULD give it to them too though, the way he has changed on issues and skipped to right of center on some of them! gotta keep one eye on him too, i'm sadly beginning to think... :(

Kathianne
08-09-2008, 02:23 PM
obama COULD give it to them too though, the way he has changed on issues and skipped to right of center on some of them! gotta keep one eye on him too, i'm sadly beginning to think... :(

You have a problem JD, you put context to what you read and infer. Many of us on the right don't think the left does that often enough. You do. You may be kicked out of the party, you think too much and apply reason. :laugh2:

theHawk
08-09-2008, 04:12 PM

I would choose whatever plan gets us OFF foreign oil. Some things are more important than money. :poke:

Classact
08-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Read my lips.

No new drilling.On any given days the only thing that separates us from anarchy is the fighting men and women of our armed forces and 70 days of oil supply in the strategic reserve... After 70 days with the ME straits closed with Chavez playing too you can dial 9-11 and not get an answer.

Don't worry when pukes turn off the spigot warriors are on the ready to restart it.

The government will either end the offshore drilling moratorium or the government will stop on 30 Sept. as it's ended.

JohnDoe
08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
On any given days the only thing that separates us from anarchy is the fighting men and women of our armed forces and 70 days of oil supply in the strategic reserve... After 70 days with the ME straits closed with Chavez playing too you can dial 9-11 and not get an answer.

Don't worry when pukes turn off the spigot warriors are on the ready to restart it.

The government will either end the offshore drilling moratorium or the government will stop on 30 Sept. as it's ended.

there wouldn't be a country in the EU that would not go to war against iran if they did do this to them and us imho....!

thank God we have canada and mexico as friends and we buy most of our oil from them....too bad venezuella relations have gone down hill....just for the possibilties of your scenario alone!!!!

jd

Yurt
08-09-2008, 10:50 PM
there wouldn't be a country in the EU that would not go to war against iran if they did do this to them and us imho....!

thank God we have canada and mexico as friends and we buy most of our oil from them....too bad venezuella relations have gone down hill....just for the possibilties of your scenario alone!!!!

jd

do you support going to war against a county that does that? i mean the socialists EU would, according to you....

Classact
08-10-2008, 07:37 AM

jdAmerican environmentalists are protesting Canadian oil sands so Canada is building a pipeline to their west coast to sell their energy to the Far East. Guess that will help put us in the ME grasp even more.

Oh, yeah I forgot to comment on how the EU would not put up with that... I bet the EU is pulling their armies to prevent Russia from taking on more democracies as we talk... Russia could be another USSR before the EU gets a backbone.

PostmodernProphet
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM

do I understand this correctly?.....someone from the left is suggesting we should go to war over oil?......

JohnDoe
08-12-2008, 07:17 AM
do you support going to war against a county that does that? i mean the socialists EU would, according to you....

It WOULD BE an Act of war, if the iranians blockade the strait, keeping heating fuel and manufacturing fuel from the EU or any set of countries.

Why? because it would not be all of their oil that they would be stopping but nearly all oil from all countries there in ME, from my understanding and oil is a necessity of life, at this point....it is needed to heat and to move groceries to the areas that need food....and in production of many food products, including their packaging.

If Iran did this, their only purpose of doing such, would be to harm others....an act of war.

And i believe that even though their armies are small in the EU, they would combine their forces and fight this battle with Iran, IF IT EVER HAPPENED....i do not see them sitting back and doing nothing, as we have seen with past situations if something like this was done to them.

And before anyone starts in on what we did in Iraq.....

There was no act of war upon us....

jd