PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Shieks Are Concerned

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
The West continues to increase conservation of oil. The US continues to be pressured by citizenry to increase supplies. The Saudis, well the go ballistic over an ad:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215331214518&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

Saudi slams 'racist' Israeli Nissan ad
Aug. 7, 2008
STEPHANIE RUBENSTEIN , THE JERUSALEM POST

Gulf states may boycott the Nissan Motor Company as a result of an Israeli TV commercial that depicts Saudis angered by a fuel-efficient car, a Saudi official has said.

The new campaign by Renault-Nissan caused an uproar in the Gulf when it showed a group of Saudi oil barons screaming and attacking the Renault-Nissan vehicle.

The Saudis are shown leaving a hotel and encountering the new, fuel-efficient vehicle. One man pounds his fists on the car and is then held back by his companions as he shouts at it, "Hawks should peck at you day and night."

At the end of the commercial, the voice-over says, "It's clear the oil companies won't like you." ...

And that is why we should Drill, drill, drill and insist on encouraging new technological developments regarding energy.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:22 AM
i thought we invaded the middle east to take their oil.....

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 10:24 AM
i thought we invaded to the middle east to take their oil.....

Damn rotten job we've made of that! The Iraqis have a surplus and some folks are mad. LOL!

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Damn rotten job we've made of that! The Iraqis have a surplus and some folks are mad. LOL!

george bush and haliburton must be getting kickbacks.....

remember when oil was 20 dollars a barrel....

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
george bush and haliburton must be getting kickbacks.....

remember when oil was 20 dollars a barrel....

Hell, I can remember when my friends and I could drive my mustang around town all night on change. Sigh.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Hell, I can remember when my friends and I could drive my mustang around town all night on change. Sigh.

yep 25 cents a gallon.........

red states rule
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
The West continues to increase conservation of oil. The US continues to be pressured by citizenry to increase supplies. The Saudis, well the go ballistic over an ad:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215331214518&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

And that is why we should Drill, drill, drill and insist on encouraging new technological developments regarding energy.

Oil is down $4 to $116

and the drills have not even been fired up yet

Watch for the Dems to cave when they come back from their 5 week vacation, and vote for the drilling

red states rule
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM

I remember when I first started driving I sat in gas lines while a liberal presdient said all we had to do was to drive less, turn down the thermostat in our homes, wear a sweater, and riase taxs on oil company profits

Have I entered a time warp and it is 1977 all over again?

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I remember when I first started driving I sat in gas lines while a liberal presdient said all we had to do was to drive less, turn down the thermostat in our homes, wear a sweater, and riase taxs on oil company profits

Have I entered a time warp and it is 1977 all over again?

those must be the good olde days the 1/2 arab infidel was refering to the other night....

red states rule
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
those must be the good olde days the 1/2 arab infidel was refering to the other night....

Yep, and if the messiah wins, we all get another does of those good ol days

Then April can continue to blame Bush as his messiah takes the economy into the toilet and steals us blind in tax increases

glockmail
08-08-2008, 11:36 AM
OPEC fucked up this time. Obama was right with his 'prices high too fast' statement. It pissed a lot of people off, and we are reacting accodingly.

A monopoly like OPEC doesn't use the same thinking as a normal business. A business will adjust is output based on maximizing profits, and the law of supply and demand are easy to figure out. A monopoly has to “read the tea leaves” of political sentiment in order to adjust its output accordingly, and that’s a lot more difficult to do. It appears that our Arab and Venezuelan friends don’t understand America as much as they think they do.